Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394354 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1048427 Dec 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...all those sources still say you're a dumbfck drunkassscimbagliar. But, just like Charlie, you think you're"winning". Hahahaha
All what sources??? All I found was the same old bs from FOX, and the other clown sites.

Eman=winning by losing
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048428 Dec 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...all those sources still say you're a dumbfck drunkassscimbagliar. But, just like Charlie, you think you're"winning". Hahahaha
Many are discovering their health insurance is bare bone coverage. To save money they are covering only the ten items mandated by law. Everything else that was covered in the past has been stripped such as fertility treatments, hip replacements, lap band surgery, many eye and dental procedures, etc.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048429 Dec 27, 2013
People who ordered gifts after the last minute are upset they didn't arrive on time, and this has become a POLITICAL issue? Obama's America.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048430 Dec 27, 2013
Lis Smith who went ballistic about Romney's binders of women is now dating Elliot Spitzer who really DID have a binder full of women.

The irony.
Waxman

UK

#1048431 Dec 27, 2013
Waxman from Hamilton wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we know Obama voter. None of you here on the left have amounted to anything except for being takers. There is nothing worse than going through life stupid & liberal.
Dummy.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1048432 Dec 27, 2013
^^Obamacare.
^Insurance companies can’t discriminate
^Insurance companies can’t drop coverage of sick people
^Insurance companies can’t cap yearly or lifetime benefits
^Children can now stay on their parent’s health insurance till they are 26.
^Insurance companies must provide free preventative health care.
^Expanded health care to 35 million people while simultaneously reducing total health care spending by 0.1% per year.
^Lowered patent time on prescription drugs.
^Provided funding for comparative effectiveness research.
^Invested billions into community health care centers
^Requires insurance companies to decrease their loss ratio by 5%.
^Will save 35,000 people’s lives each year.
^Reduces the long term budget by over 200 billion.
^Put taxes on insurance plans that are inefficient.
^Changed Medicare payment system to a more bundled system that pays more on effectiveness of care then how much care is provided.
^Will create 250,000 jobs a year by 2020.
^Families overall premiums will be reduced by 1,500 over ten years (around 14-20%)
^Put a Pigvorian tax on tanning salons.
^Invested in comparative effectiveness research
^Required fast food and restaurants to provide viewable calorie and nutrition for the public to see as they purchase food (show to reduce caloric intake by 100 for every meal).
^Required health insurance companies to create a standardized summary to their consumers of their health benefits.
^Made it harder for insurance companies to tell your doctor how to treat you.
^New food labeling requirements for meat to save 80million dollars a year
^Simplified Medicaid’s eligibility rules to just include income as a percent of poverty
^Mandated that all health companies provide birth control without copays
^Expanded eligibility for Medicaid up to 133% of the poverty line
^Put a $700tax on non-poor people and business that don’t have healthcare
^Created a website where you can compare and contrast health insurance plans
^Increased nurse family partnership funding by 10 billion dollars creating 25 billion dollars in economic benefits.
^Provided health care for 9/11 respondents
^Funded over 20 grants for anti-malpractice implementation reforms.
^Provided grants for health facilities who inform patients of improper medial use, and grants to shield doctors who adhered to evidence based guidelines from being sued
^Obamacares coverage of birth control free of charge will reduce abortions by 40%, and could reduce teen pregnancies by up to 600%
^Increased CHIP (health care for children) funding to expand coverage to 4 million children.
^Placed fees on drug companies that over charge for medications
^Got drug companies to drop Medicare D costs of some drugs by up to 50%
^Removed all Bush era executive orders restricting access and funds for stem cell research.
2 million strong and growing. Do you think those 2 million are going to vote for republicans? LOL would that not be the pure definition of OXYMORON? LOL
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1048433 Dec 27, 2013

Some here on this thread are dysfunctional old white men of a dying cult breed. If you want more facts on the atrocities of the republican party observe where you can enlighten yourself and leave these cult addicts to their demise.
. Lets put the two parties to the numbers..
Inequality has demonstrated its destructive effects to our democracy through out history. Here and abroad. Here if we take the past 80 years and examine in detail what stimulates inequality distributions, we may define a tool to gage our vote. Identify who contributes to a greater distribution of our laborers productivity. One example is Obamacare. Effectively redistributing health cost with a progressive cost to premium in ratio to “income not health”.
The book,“ Bulls Bears and the Ballot Box. By Bob Deitreick and Lew Goldfarb” inspired the following;
Ever wonder which party is the party to attend to.
Promoting Inequality through the Income Gap, as one example, of many.

A mathematical investigation was produced by the statisticians Pedro Santa Clara and Rossen Valkanov that exposes the superior performance of the stock markets under democrats. That this is but one example of the democrat’s superiority, as there are more.
Their study encompasses 80 years. Study demonstrates systematically and positively surprised by democratic policies. Comparing the stewardship of the two parties. They calculated each economic indicator as an “annual average” during the democrats and republicans of their economic stewardship of their 40 years each. Turns out to be a landslide for democrats providing beneficial returns to the nation. One example; Democrat’s presided over a very respectable average annual compound return of 9.60% during their 40 years where in as republicans averaged a dismal 0.58%.
Consider this; a 401K plan invested in stocks and had a value of $100,000 at the beginning of the 40 years. Democrats would accumulate in compound interest $ 3,912,210 where in as republicans would only produce $126,027 . Another example; “IF” an employee were to invest $5,000 per year into their 401K for 40 years in a democratic stewardship the employee would have $1,985,526 in the bank. Where as the republican would produce a dismal $224,375.
That republicans advocate that they are good for businesses is false as compared to the democrats
Another interesting fact emerges within the statistical study. The income gap between the 99% and the top 1% has widened considerably under republicans. Averaging .49% as compared to the democrat’s .41% That is to say under republicans the income gap in 40 years, widened by 19.6% and narrowed 16.4%. Resulting in a 36% difference.
LOL on debt republicans increased debt by 2.5 times greater than that of the democrats. Republicans $7.1 Trillion vs. the democrats $2.8 Trillion.
GOP’s Self-Proclamation for economic dominance; in fact it is a misnomer to call the GOP a fiscal responsible party and or a smaller government, when in fact the contrary is true.
Obama’s administration indicates he sought the great leaders on these issue. Eccles and FDR, Clinton and O’Neill to do what is most productive for our nation.
Now pass on this one small example of the fallacies of the republican’s erroneous policies and deceptions..
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... .

TN Voter

Clinton, TN

#1048434 Dec 27, 2013
Attached are the lies of presidents!!! Take a look at Obama... Now there's a liar

LBJ:
We were attacked (in the Gulf of Tonkin)

Nixon:
I am not a crook

GHW Bush:
Read my lips - No new taxes

Clinton:
I did not have sex with that woman... Miss Lewinski

GW Bush:
Iraq has weapons of mass destruction

Obama:

I will have the most transparent administration in history.
The stimulus will fund shovel-ready jobs.
I am focused like a laser on creating jobs.
The IRS is not targeting anyone.
It was a spontaneous riot about a movie.
If I had a son...
I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
You didn't build that!
I will restore trust in Government.
The Cambridge cops acted stupidly.
The public will have 5 days to look at every bill that lands on my desk
It's not my red line - it is the world's red line.
Whistle blowers will be protected in my administration.
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I am not spying on American citizens.
ObamaCare will be good for America
You can keep your family doctor.
Premiums will be lowered by $2500.
If you like it, you can keep your current healthcare plan
It's just like shopping at Amazon
I knew nothing about "Fast and Furious" gunrunning to Mexican drug cartels
I knew nothing about IRS targeting conservative groups
I knew nothing about what happened in Benghazi
I have never met my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and who was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago
And, I have never lived with that uncle.(He finally admitted today,(12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1048435 Dec 27, 2013
Poor working so hard. I can see why. Living in the state of Texas which holds the number one position for Financial Inequality. Running a GINI coefficient greater than .6 !
Greater than Some 3rd world nations. They are at .5 and above and the national average for the USA is .47 Yes, yes I know poor laborers has no idea of what the GINI represents let alone be able to comprehend it. LOL
Consider Texas republicans that run amuck through out that state with their glowing love affaire with austerity. They not only furnished the state with Toxic Waste Disposal sites, yes including radioactive. Yup not only those but toxic jobs. Jobs that do not pay a living wage. As a matter fact they have such a low wage that all their employees qualify for a variety of welfare programs that the local community taxpayers are left to pay for. LOL Siphoning all the more wealth up to their lords and masters of the 1%.
What jobs am I talking about. All the fast Food Industries, corporations such as Home Depot and Wal Mart to name just a few.
How do they do it some may ask? Simple they pay minim wages and make sure they do not work a 40 hour week. Employees with meager wages turn to welfare to offset the difference to provide at least a sub living wage. Now who pays for that welfare? Ata boy some have figured that one out, the Taxpayers!
Example; Employee requires food stamps and guess where the purchase will be. Yup more than likely back to the company store. Ha, Ha, reminds me of the days when our laborers would chant “ OH Lord don’t you call me, for I owe my soul to the company store”
Now every time republicans say they lowered the unemployment. Step back and ponder have they? LOL… They got you coming and going.
Almost forgot just how much, does say just one of these Wal-Mart requires for their welfare subsides for their employees. Well the average Wal-Mart cost $ 900,000 per store. That is not taking into account all of the other jobs that face the same scenarios. LOL even the more technical jobs have been scaled back, preparing them to enter the world of the surfer’s..
How many of these families will have the ability to provide quality education for their children? Nil to Nada a one. Thus the cycle provides the republicans with their serfdom work force. Observe how the affluent have erected barriers to keep the less desirables out with their Gated Communities. LOL some even have moats!
Ah back to the good old days of the Aristocrat and their beloved serfs. LOL now you know when the affluent cries out serfs up. You will have an idea of what they are talking about…
So poor laborers wonder why they have to pay for these welfare corporations that promote welfare. Well because republicans austerity is what Texans adore.
LOL I know, I know where is all that wealth going? How well is this siphoning working? Well here let me show you.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048436 Dec 27, 2013
Come on people-why not act like adults?

Atlanta installs country's first urine detectors in subway elevators
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1048437 Dec 27, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
Attached are the lies of presidents!!! Take a look at Obama... Now there's a liar
LBJ:
Nixon:
I am not a crook
GHW Bush:
Clinton:
GW Bush:
Obama:
If I had a son...
I will put an end to the type of politics that "breeds division, conflict and cynicism".
You didn't build that!
We got back every dime we used to rescue the banks and auto companies, with interest.
I have never met my uncle from Kenya who is in the country illegally and who was arrested and told to leave the country over 20 years ago
And, I have never lived with that uncle.(He finally admitted today,(12-05-2013) that he DID know his uncle and that he DID live with him.
Ah another rabid fox dancing prancing about. No substance no facts other than from his recent addition of the Mad Hatter's Tea party. So full of their propaganda facts that the mentally handicap cherish, for the ease to read nonsense. Apparently it attracts those that failed their 101 reading comprehension classes.
Bernard Forand

Fort Myers, FL

#1048438 Dec 27, 2013
Simply to deny does not give value to you reply. Poverty is growing. At present it is at 15% of our population. Having a TV or living within site of affluent neighbors does not feed them or educate them. Their hunger and deaths due to their poverty is what is real to them. Ignoring their plight and what is contributing to this increasing poverty is what is real to our society and our humanities. Your denial of its existence is merely your desire to remain in a delusional world. There are others who have faced the problem and have set an example for nations that are still without a solution, such as the USA.
Here is one of many, Sweden is doing just fine. As a matter of fact better than the USA for over a decade… Example average earner in Sweden of $50,000/yr and USA average earner of $50’000/yr. The Sweden has his Universal Education, Health paid for. USA earner has not.
C The Gini Coefficient
Gini is a measurement that is used to identify, mathematically, the inequality of individual nations. A rating of one {1} is considered perfect inequality, as a rating of zero {0} is perfect equality.
Nations such as Germany, Norway and Sweden have a Gini of .3 or less.
South Africa and Latin America have a .5 or above.
USA’s Gini in 1980 was .4 Presently it is at 4.77. This is according to the U.N.’s data. Rendering the USA in the category of nations such as Iran and Turkey.
USA’s inequality may be even worse than what the Gini indicates. In the advanced industrial nations, such as may be found in Europe and Scandinavian, their citizens have Universal Education, Universal Health Care from birth to death and large safety nets for securing the laborer’s income security. Where in as the USA, middle class on down have none of these benefits or a small fraction there of. Increasing the insecurity of their citizens in their jobs, homes, education and health.
Insecurity is manifested and fueled by the inequality factor. Greater the inequality the greater is the demise of that nation’s ability to survive in competition with an advanced industrial opponent. Insecurity will manifest emotional dysfunctional laborers quick to rebel. Productivity decreases.
Simply look around to the various nations and observe. Observe those that had a less or no recessions say during 2000 and 2013 that would be a good indicator they are doing something better than US.
http://neweconomy.net/content/wealth-inequali... video chart USA wealth Distributions.
Note with ever increasing inequality to the distributions of laborer’s productivity, poverty increases. That’s a blue clue… LOL

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1048440 Dec 27, 2013
TN Voter wrote:
LBJ:
Nixon:
I am not a crook
GHW Bush:
Clinton:
GW Bush:
Obama:
If I had a son...
You didn't build that!
Wow, a new dumbass right whiner who posts lies. My God, are all you people dumber than sh*t?
Patriot

Broomfield, CO

#1048441 Dec 27, 2013
False Flag Attack In The Gulf Region Again?

&fe ature=youtu.be

Dead Zones for Algae

http://thecommonsenseshow.com/2013/03/16/the-...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048442 Dec 27, 2013
Less than two weeks after his anti-gay remarks prompted an "indefinite hiatus" for the reality patriarch, and a strong fan backlash, the network says he will remain on the series.

An A&E statement to The Hollywood Reporter read:

As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man's views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/a-...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1048443 Dec 27, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...dumbass Dave think the purpose of the mandate was to eliminate pre-existing conditions.
news flash, dumbass. You don't need 2000 pages to eliminate pre existing conditions.
You were talking about defining minimum coverage.

You evidently were too stupid to know why we needed to define it.

In order to eliminate pre-exsisting conditions, you need the mandate.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048444 Dec 27, 2013
To add onto A&E's dumbassery the whole Robertson family are on hiatus until Jan 26 due to it being duck season as stipulated by their contract.

Per Hollywood Reporter

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1048445 Dec 27, 2013
Finally an intelligent comment from a teabagger!

The politics of Obamacare are changing, and the Republican Party is well aware of that reality.“It’s no longer just a piece of paper that you can repeal and it goes away,” Wisconsin Sen. Ron Johnson, a Tea Party Republican, told The New York Times.“There’s something there. We have to recognize that reality. We have to deal with the people that are currently covered under Obamacare.”

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/stocks/for-gop-it...
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1048446 Dec 27, 2013
"Duck hunters 1, dick hunters 0"..........
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1048448 Dec 27, 2013
These interesting lulls as the Left waits for their Progressive not-so-rapid response sites to come up with a response.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Joe Balls 216,421
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 32 min OzRitz 60,006
last post wins! (Apr '13) 38 min Retired SOF 1,095
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 41 min AngryLeak 102,441
AG Lynch proves to be a deceptive liar. 3 hr AG LYNCH A LIAR 1
Guess I'm voting for the businessman. 3 hr They cannot kill ... 16
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr GEORGIA 6,396
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages