Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394949 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1047877 Dec 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
So Phil Robertson said all blacks were happy before Civil Rights Legislation.
No singing the blues, he said.
A complete fallacy based on the fact that 'The Blues' is a distinctly American form of music created by blacks brought to America as slaves;
""No specific year can be cited as the origin of the blues, largely because the style evolved over a long period and existed in approaching its modern form before the term blues was introduced, before the style was thoroughly documented. Ethnomusicologist Gerhard Kubik traces the roots of many of the elements that were to develop into the blues back to the African continent, the "cradle of the blues". One important early mention of something closely resembling the blues comes from 1901, when an archaeologist in Mississippi described the songs of black workers which had lyrical themes and technical elements in common with the blues.""
----------
Blacks started singing the blues as soon as they were taken off the slave ships in Charleston Harbor.
Proves that Phil and you idiots who defend him know nothing about the suffering of blacks during and after slavery. Right to this day.
I've heard men, and even some women, say far worse about both gays and blacks than Robertson said to Mabry__I was not shocked at all but more in wonderment about who Robertson thought he'd be reaching and then accomplishing by granting an interview to a gossip guy to be published in GQ.

Some may recall that poster Carol, not long ago, wondered about the whole anus vs vagina thing right here on this thread__for a day or two. Like Phil Robertson, Carol has reduced gay relationships to people shoving stuff up each others azzes.

I was more displeased with Robertson's remarks about his childhood experiences with blacks__which were total bullshit for he didn't go to school with blacks or associate with them beyond perhaps some isolated small time farming experiences. He's said he hoed cotton with happy blacks__it would be interesting if it was in his fathers, or uncles cotton patch eh?

Realtime was in Louisiana twice during the sixties__at Tigerland.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1047878 Dec 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Reading back, I did enjoy your stupid week long pissing contest over the word 'happy' or 'happier'!!
ROFLMAO
Once again I saw Emaam move the goalposts every time Dave made him look more stupid!!
I enjoyed watching you flail at him as he demolished your ignorance!!
but at least you didn't spend your Christmas on TOPIX, as your buddies Gunner, Nobraina, and Carol did.
Good for you.
Another Nuc butt hurt whine.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1047879 Dec 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"You miserable loser!! Spent your Christmas posting nonsense on TOPIX, eh??
Further proof of what a sociopath you are. Funny how you come here and make moral judgements, while you're nothing but a lonely loser with no family or friends, a loser reduced to spending her Christmas on TOPIX along with a few other losers."
Emaam plagiarizes my messages!!

That was stolen directly from my message to Gunner!! LOL

It's ok. He obviously appreciates superior commentary.

He's not smart enough to create any on his own..........
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1047881 Dec 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
More than 240,000 people have signed a petition urging A&E to reinstate "Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson, or else.
http://www.upi.com/blog/2013/12/26/I-Stand-wi...
ACA numbers....
http://acasignups.net/
Okay so 5,604,276 people more signed up for ACA than signed Phil's petition, no need to rub his nose in it. Actually, go ahead.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1047882 Dec 26, 2013
Postal Service raises stamp price by 3 cents to $0.49 beginning January 26

Location hidden

#1047883 Dec 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Another Nuc butt hurt whine.
That's the best ya got?? Poor baby!!

I'll go easy on you Betsy-Wetsy.

Unlike many of your loser buddies like Carol, you didn't spend your Christmas on TOPIX. At least i didn't see any of your silly comments.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1047885 Dec 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard men, and even some women, say far worse about both gays and blacks than Robertson said to Mabry__I was not shocked at all but more in wonderment about who Robertson thought he'd be reaching and then accomplishing by granting an interview to a gossip guy to be published in GQ.
Some may recall that poster Carol, not long ago, wondered about the whole anus vs vagina thing right here on this thread__for a day or two. Like Phil Robertson, Carol has reduced gay relationships to people shoving stuff up each others azzes.
I was more displeased with Robertson's remarks about his childhood experiences with blacks__which were total bullshit for he didn't go to school with blacks or associate with them beyond perhaps some isolated small time farming experiences. He's said he hoed cotton with happy blacks__it would be interesting if it was in his fathers, or uncles cotton patch eh?
'Carol has reduced gay relationships to people shoving stuff up each others azzes.' I would add 'all rightwingers' to that statement, otherwise it's spot on.

I agree with you, his ignorance over how his fellow human beings were being treated I found to be more disturbing.

Bless you Rosa Parks.

Location hidden

#1047886 Dec 26, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I've heard men, and even some women, say far worse about both gays and blacks than Robertson said to Mabry__I was not shocked at all but more in wonderment about who Robertson thought he'd be reaching and then accomplishing by granting an interview to a gossip guy to be published in GQ.
I work the oil and ng patch. I've heard far worse, regularly. Spend some time in the Eagle Ford or Barnett Shale areas of TX, you'll hear much worse.

It's not about Phil or his backwards views.

It's about haters running with his messages of hate and attempting to make it sound acceptable.

It's not. This will be a teachable moment for the hateful nitwits.

The America many of these losers grew up in no loonger exists. That's the problem.

America has moved on, these losers are stuck in the 1950's, pre Civil Rights segregationist beliefs.

They want the America that existed before Eisenhower sent Federal Troops into Little Rock to disperse the racists.

They'll be dead soon.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1047887 Dec 26, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Okay so 5,604,276 people more signed up for ACA than signed Phil's petition, no need to rub his nose in it. Actually, go ahead.
Private chart undocumented by official sources.

Vast majority nearly 4 million were Medicaid according to this chart- if to be believed -which is not signing up for insurance and NOT the target numbers necessary to make Obamacare work.

Facebook page boycotting A&E in support of Phil.

1.8 million people joining

https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport...

Location hidden

#1047888 Dec 26, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree, Dave didn't make Eman look stupid, Eman makes himself look stupid.
I can give you 27,000 examples.
Yes. Dave does a good job of setting the trap that Emaam walks into. The rest is all Emaam's work.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1047889 Dec 26, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
didn't you promise to leave?
All before the first, grumpy old prick. I've managed to spend two weeks without you very well.

Location hidden

#1047890 Dec 26, 2013
At least Carol and Nobraina were ashamed enough of their Christmas loser behavior to stay away.

Not so much for loser Gunner. LOL

I've done enough damage for now.

Til' we meet again.

Location hidden

#1047891 Dec 26, 2013
A Christmas Story

WEST READING, Pa.(AP)— A terminally ill girl who received support from thousands of Christmas carolers outside her home over the weekend died early on Christmas morning, her family said.

Delaney Brown, 8, of West Reading "passed away quietly with her loving family by her side," family spokesman Christopher Winters said in a statement Wednesday.

On Saturday night, thousands gathered outside her home in eastern Pennsylvania to fulfill her wish for a huge holiday singalong. The crowd cycled through holiday favorites such as "Frosty the Snowman," ''Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer" and "Jingle Bells" and ended with a chorus of "Happy Birthday" to the girl, who turned 8 on Friday, The Reading Eagle reported.

Shortly after the caroling began, the family's Facebook page showed a picture of Delaney giving two thumbs up with the text, "I can hear you now!!! Love you!"

Delaney, whose nickname is Laney, was diagnosed in May with a rare form of leukemia. The community held fundraisers to defray the cost of her medical expenses.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1047892 Dec 26, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
"Rolling Stone Magazine features the latest music news, movie reviews, political, economic and pop culture commentary, videos, pictures, and more."
Dumbass Ray. Thinks Rolling Stone Magazine has nothing to do with music. How the f*ck did Ray get so stupid.
http://www.rollingstone.com/
Sort of like MTV? Remember when it was all music videos?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1047893 Dec 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the best ya got?? Poor baby!!
I'll go easy on you Betsy-Wetsy.
Unlike many of your loser buddies like Carol, you didn't spend your Christmas on TOPIX. At least i didn't see any of your silly comments.
LOL, how would you and USAsenseless know who was here or not unless you two nerds were lurking here on Christmas day?

Your butt hurt whine is pure idiocy!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1047894 Dec 26, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you can't have prayer in public schools. and don't expect public schools to disappear anytime soon.....
there's a very good reason that not everyone sends their child to private school that's run by a religious organization. not everyone wants their child to be indoctrinated in religion, or not, by anyone but themselves.
btw...Sharia law? really? when?
no wonder FOX can't find any new viewers.
Read it again!! Good grief!!! Uh wash bath at colleges, for one. Pray rooms, for two. Libtards are SO stupid!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1047895 Dec 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Private chart undocumented by official sources.
Vast majority nearly 4 million were Medicaid according to this chart- if to be believed -which is not signing up for insurance and NOT the target numbers necessary to make Obamacare work.
Facebook page boycotting A&E in support of Phil.
1.8 million people joining
https://www.facebook.com/Philrobertsonsupport...
So you moved things around and also switched it up a bit(petition vs. facebook)
You have a penchant for doing that.
Sonic!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1047896 Dec 26, 2013
The Great Liberal Lie - We Care

'We care about the poor, the undocumented'

**********"Those left out include undocumented workers and poor people"

When we talk about the Affordable Care Act, we mostly focus on the millions of Americans who will gain health insurance coverage.

We talk less about the millions who will remain uninsured.

And there are a lot of them: 30 million Americans will not have coverage under Obamacare, according to a new analysis in the journal Health Affairs.

"Even if the law were fully implemented, there would have been 26 million uninsured people," co-author Steffie Woolhandler said. "This isn't just about the Medicaid expansion. This is the system as originally designed."

Yeah, the left cares, alright. The left cares about power, controlling the people, and fundamentally changing the country.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1047897 Dec 26, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, how would you and USAsenseless know who was here or not unless you two nerds were lurking here on Christmas day?
Your butt hurt whine is pure idiocy!
Um, the posts are still here the next day perhaps?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1047898 Dec 26, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Emaam plagiarizes my messages!!
That was stolen directly from my message to Gunner!! LOL
It's ok. He obviously appreciates superior commentary.
He's not smart enough to create any on his own..........
. Nuc- as the fool she is -thinks her words are so important they are copyrighted.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,672
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 25 min Sublime1 102,460
Observations 41 min A Noted Observer 133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 44 min SweLL GirL 8,869
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr RACE 2,687
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 6,408
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 1 hr RACE 8,491
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages