Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047258 Dec 24, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if this is a good idea. If we don't keep these right wing morons occupied every minute they'll go out in public and ruin someone's holiday.
Homer is all for keeping the rightwingers pre-occupied with this thread and maybe doing some online shopping(to help boost the economy/create jobs) instead of wreaking havoc upon an unsuspecting public with their ignorance, greed, and bigotry.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1047259 Dec 24, 2013
Between New York and LA, there's 200 million people that aren't hip, and they don't want to be hip.
Jeff Foxworthy
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047260 Dec 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Definition of COMMUNISM
1
a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
2
capitalized
a : a doctrine based on revolutionary Marxian socialism and Marxism-Leninism that was the official ideology of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
b : a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production
c : a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably
Stinkin' wanna be dictators.
(and if they weren't--we would not be looking at this UNamerican MESS of a communist health care "act"...because it would've been implemented into the ALREADY existing social welfare system to rememdy via proper identification and verification, the percentile gap FOR those with NO health care insurance, rather than thug level robbing hoodieTicing AGAINST ALL of America!)
DOWN with Communism! Redo or REPEAL the communist MESS...FOR all of America-not divide, drain and deplete against it!
T.E.A.!
CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul..Uncle Joe et al 2016!
REAL Leadership with some COMMON sense FOR America again-not commieTic Against it!
Don't they have any mental health services in Kentucky? Can you make an appointment?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047261 Dec 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What did Obama do that caused this?
Evidently, according to Carol, Obama took office & passed policies retroactively that caused the recession that started in the 4th quarter of 2007.
Implementing and Forcing a COMMUNIST act DEstablizing the healthcare of ALL Americans, rather than simply enhancing an already existing social welfare system FOR the percentage of America inclusively that may need such, and CHOOSE to do obtain such-is NOT, repeat. NOT...a "good" thing. DUHHH A Vey.

Let alone the commie-commericals of GAG and PUKE, junior high level propoganda.

EWE...talk about duhmed down, ignorance personified.

But Merry Christmas anyway..this nation WILL survive...thanks to it's CONSTIUTITON, as well as TERM LIMITS, whether the Commie wanna be's like it or not!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047262 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>tic
Merry Christmas to you too Homer.

May YOU meet one as well lol...and should you...let me know..I'll give you some tips on how to ROAST it, BYOBic and tweezers!
Grey Ghost

Partlow, VA

#1047263 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Merry Christmas Eve everyone.
Merry Christmas Homer, I hope you and yours have a wonderful time. You have always been one of the more reasonable and funny posters on here.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047264 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Folks, we need to quit discussing politics an religion, because we're just going to argue.
Ahhh... Homer shows some signs of some old school COMMON SENSE and decency, etiquette and actual intelligence.

Bless you man.

May 2014 be a BETTER year for us ALL here in America-not just some!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047265 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Don't they have any mental health services in Kentucky? Can you make an appointment?
That's not where one learns about things like actual COMMUNISM Homer.

Still not 10a.m. EST time yet so...

Duhmmy.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047266 Dec 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Full Definition of COMMUNISM
1
a : a theory advocating elimination of private property
b : a system in which goods are owned in common and are available to all as needed
2
capitalized
a : a doctrine based on revolutionary Marxian socialism and Marxism-Leninism that was the official ideology of the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics
b : a totalitarian system of government in which a single authoritarian party controls state-owned means of production
c : a final stage of society in Marxist theory in which the state has withered away and economic goods are distributed equitably
Stinkin' wanna be dictators.
(and if they weren't--we would not be looking at this UNamerican MESS of a communist health care "act"...because it would've been implemented into the ALREADY existing social welfare system to rememdy via proper identification and verification, the percentile gap FOR those with NO health care insurance, rather than thug level robbing hoodieTicing AGAINST ALL of America!)
DOWN with Communism! Redo or REPEAL the communist MESS...FOR all of America-not divide, drain and deplete against it!
T.E.A.!
CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul..Uncle Joe et al 2016!
REAL Leadership with some COMMON sense FOR America again-not commieTic Against it!
Great, this will come in handy if we come in contact with any Communists. So far Homer has never met or spoke with any Communists.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047267 Dec 24, 2013
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Merry Christmas Homer, I hope you and yours have a wonderful time. You have always been one of the more reasonable and funny posters on here.
Merry Christmas to you GG, same to you and your family. I appreciate that but my sense of humor has waned a bit of late.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047268 Dec 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahhh... Homer shows some signs of some old school COMMON SENSE and decency, etiquette and actual intelligence.
Bless you man.
May 2014 be a BETTER year for us ALL here in America-not just some!
Okay okay flattery will get you everywhere. Merry Christmas my backwoods hillbilly friend and I hope you have a great 2014.
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047269 Dec 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you dipsticks still trying to create a scandal out of Benghazi.
Wow Libya was dangerous., Really? That is this big new discovery?
The consulate was a rented building & not defensible. One of several around the world just as risky.
What Obama knew when would do exactly what? The ambassador was already dead.
Perhaps you fricken moons would quit using the death of Americans to play political games.
There was no lie, there was no help, there was no "stand down" order from the White House. there was no scandal.
WTH were we doing in Libya anyway-aside from breaching the War Powers Act and aiding and abetting terrorist failed statehoodism?

Failed Foreign policy.

T.E.A. Independents--counting down the days till 2016!

Leadership and voters that address ISSUES...not herd packs of blind lemming partisanship...FOR America..not against it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047270 Dec 24, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, the racist f*ck as the only way a black man can get into Harvard is through Affirmative Action.
That's PoliTics in action Duh A Vey.

No one is exempt from it-and if the shoe fits, it fits...no matter the race, creed or color!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047271 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Great, this will come in handy if we come in contact with any Communists. So far Homer has never met or spoke with any Communists.
Why would anyone even want to?

Ewe. Communism STINKS.
Waxman

London, UK

#1047272 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Folks, we need to quit discussing politics an religion, because we're just going to argue.
OK, how abouit if we discuss work ethic, responsibility, self-reliance & honesty?
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047273 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Okay okay flattery will get you everywhere. Merry Christmas my backwoods hillbilly friend and I hope you have a great 2014.
Oh geez...thank you Homer. Nothing but good wishes for you from here as well (really-no phony bs) and here's hoping things will be better ALL the way around for Everyone, in 2014 !!

(I don't do that fake flattery stuff very well lol)
Waxman

London, UK

#1047274 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Great, this will come in handy if we come in contact with any Communists. So far Homer has never met or spoke with any Communists.
For his next trick, Homer will tell us again how he is an "independant". Homer hates to talk about honesty though.

Merry Christmas Homer.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1047275 Dec 24, 2013
Homer wrote:
Folks, we need to quit discussing politics an religion, because we're just going to argue.
Maybe we should just hurl insults like most of the right wing loons here do.

Speaking of hurling, today is national eggnog day.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#1047276 Dec 24, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
WTH were we doing in Libya anyway-aside from breaching the War Powers Act and aiding and abetting terrorist failed statehoodism?
Failed Foreign policy.
T.E.A. Independents--counting down the days till 2016!
Leadership and voters that address ISSUES...not herd packs of blind lemming partisanship...FOR America..not against it!
Oil. Take it up with the Bush administration -

U.S., Libya normalize relationship / Analysts say politics, oil play key roles in rapprochement

Daniel Williams, Washington Post

Published 4:00 am, Tuesday, May 16, 2006

2006-05-16 04:00:00 PDT Cairo -- The normalization of U.S.-Libya relations is a natural marriage of an American administration desperate for friends and oil in the Middle East and a government that needs to open its economy to the outside world, Arab and exiled Libyan observers said Monday.

The announcement Monday by Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was called proof that promotion of democracy is no longer a top priority of the Bush administration, which is grappling to hold Iraq together and has turned attention toward building alliances against a hostile Iran over its nuclear program. Libya has been ruled by Moammar Khadafy since he seized power in 1969.

The United States lifted its economic embargo against Libya in 2004, and since then, at least six U.S. oil companies have resumed drilling and exploration that had been suspended in 1986. Libya possesses the world's eighth-largest oil reserves, but the U.S. embargo had driven down production by keeping new equipment and technology out of the country.

http://www.sfgate.com/politics/article/U-S-Li...

More of the Bush legacy...
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

#1047277 Dec 24, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
And just why would ERs be more crowded nitwit? The reason they are now is that they're the source of last resort for those without coverage. By the time people go to the ER the condition that sent them there is usually more advanced and more expensive to deal with.
So what's your better solution genius? Mine is single payer which would be better for the economy. Companies wouldn't have to deal with rising insurance premiums and could put the savings into expansion, hiring new employees and raising wages.
And single payer never even made it to the "tables of consideration" shoved off with disdain and disregard, our favor of COMMUNISM.

PeeeYew!!

Things to be thankful for this Christmas-

Am actual B-U-D-G-E-T agreement of sorts-derived of the more rational ADULT, non-commie sectors of America representation in the DC realms.

GOOD.

Now they can focus closer on fixing the MESS of the monstrosity of the healthcarelessness act of megalomaniacal poliTical self exaultation!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min IBdaMann 54,520
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 16 min Tommy Devito 100,635
Word (Dec '08) 25 min RACE 5,422
News 2 dead, 10 wounded in shootings across the city... 41 min reality is a crutch 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Joe Balls 196,896
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,721
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr boundary painter 6,422
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages