Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1233714 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045657 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting...given that Medicaid is now enrolling people with higher incomes, and presumably more assets, this may be part of the ObamaKKKare Communist plan....
lol! Why should you care son?

After all, didn't you indicate it's lousy insurance?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1045658 Dec 20, 2013
flack wrote:
ADMINISTRATION MAKES last-minute change allowing people whose insurance was cancelled to avoid the ObamaCare coverage mandate — and sign up for bare-bones policies if they wish — a move the insurance industry warns will create 'tremendous instability' in the market.
...and the train wreck continues
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045659 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
He then went on to discuss Robertson’s views on race, which include his remarks about having grown in the pre-Jim Crow era, when “no [black people] were singing the blues.”
First a misquote.

""I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson told GQ writer Drew Margary. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... "

Goes back to what I said earlier that Phil's memories as a teenager is racist.

Memories can be racist to the crazy Progressives!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045660 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is GLAAD protesting?
GLAAD has ignored Baldwin directing homophobic rants at a person who was a known gay-GLAAD is a total joke in application of outrage.
GLAAD goes on a hissy fit because someone thought it was a sin. Meh
so will Phil be apologizing anytime soon?

people believed Baldwin when he apologized because he's not a religious nutjob.

and btw...

"Alec Baldwin still needs to take real action. MSNBC has sent a message that anti-gay slurs carry consequences, and that's an important standard to uphold at a time when LGBT people continue to face disproportionate levels of bullying and violence just because of who they are."

http://www.glaad.org/blog/update-msnbc-pulls-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045661 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "when referring to a black man" don't you get.
Using the term "boy" in reference to a black man is a racial slur.
Is Bush black? No
My God you are dumber than sh*t.
lol! Wait.... wait..... was THAT his entire point? Calling bushie boy, boy?

That was ALL?????

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045662 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize some of you right whiners agree with the use of racial slurs but using the term "boy" in reference to a blasck an is a racoa; slur.
Yes he said it.
Second, if you are blaming Obama for the employment situation starting from his election then you must think a President takes office that day.
And yes, he did say that.
but the term he used was "boy president". Quit being a dumbass Dave.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045663 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, was hospitalized Friday after falling ill in the morning, his office said.
Mr. Reid, who just turned 74, was going to remain in the hospital as a precaution. As a result, he will not be presiding over the Senate’s final day of business this year.
The Senate, which has been going through a tumultuous last two weeks as Republicans and Democrats feuded over nominations and legislation, resolved the stalemate late Thursday night and agreed to finish up on Friday. Senators will return in early January.
Mr. Reid’s spokesman, Adam Jentleson, said the senator’s condition had improved.
“Early this morning, Senator Reid was not feeling well and as a precaution decided to go to the hospital,” he said.“Tests have been conducted and everything is normal. He is alert, resting and feeling better.
“Doctors have asked that he remain in the hospital for observation so he will not be working today.”
I wish Reid well but preferably in retirement where he won't create more problems for the rest of us.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1045664 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are whining about someone calling a behavior a "sin" that is about as dumbass as you can get.
Religious freedom and speech in constitutionally protected-BOZO
You are intolerant of a belief different from your own which is the definition of being a BIGOT
Homosexuality is not just a behavior., it is the way some people are born,
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045665 Dec 20, 2013
Even if he’s not a Duck Dynasty viewer, Jon Stewart said on The Daily Show on Thursday, he still empathized with the “free speech absolutists” over at Fox News in supporting suspended star Phil Robertson.

“Look, I think what the guy said is ignorant,” Stewart said.“But I also have an inclination to support a world where saying ignorant sh*t on television doesn’t get you kicked off that medium.”

But Stewart also pointed out that the conservative uproar over having to “adhere to cultural norms of speech” only went so far, particularly around this time of the year, showing a flurry of clips where Fox News personalities took offense to the phrase “Happy Holidays” being used instead of “Merry Christmas,” culminating in Gretchen Carlson yelling something about red and white poinsettias before huffing,“Get over it.”

“Their belief in free speech doesn’t extend to the holidays, when the word Christmas is mandatory in word, thought, and plant,” Stewart said. He then mused that Fox wouldn’t pressure someone to say,“Merry Christmas,” before showing a clip of Fox & Friends host Steve Doocy cheerfully asking viewers to harass Rhode Island Gov. Lincoln Chafee (D) over the use of a “holiday tree” in the statehouse by posting his office phone number, a contrast to the Duck Dynasty cast itself wishing viewers happy holidays.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/20/jon-ste...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1045666 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Last night, Stephen Colbert came to the defense of embattled reality television star Phil Robertson.
“This is a terrible day for Americans,” Colbert said.“But admittedly, a pretty good day for ducks.”
“Why did A&E A-and-axe him?” he asked.“Because this good Christian man spoke his mind to GQ about the gays.”
After quoting Robertson’s remarks about preferring “vaginas” to “a man’s anus” because “there’s more there,” Colbert admits that “it’s not the eloquent speech you might expect from a backwoods Louisiana bird-murderer.”
He then went on to discuss Robertson’s views on race, which include his remarks about having grown in the pre-Jim Crow era, when “no [black people] were singing the blues.”
“For Pete’s sake,” Colbert said,“they got their own water fountain. In fact, they had it so good, white people pretended to be them.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/20/stephen...
Whois: rawstory.com

Whois shows that the registrar is GoDaddy.com ... Raw Story founded by John Byrnea progressive opinion site that focuses on stories often ignored in the mainstream media publishes its own editorials

Commentary on political events from a politically left perspective

It's the culture....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045667 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because they think this is some sort of serious discussion.
you can't have a serious discussion with folks who see the world through the lens of the right wing media.
but you can have a lot of fun.
Serious discussion when you want to insist calling something a sin should be censored and memories are racist.

You keep throwing out idiocy and then whine when this is pointed out!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045668 Dec 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
Good morning fellow patriots, heroes of the Republic and of course you rightwingers, good morning to you as well.
Remember during this holiday season to shop at the locally owned stores, the small businesses, and stay away from the big box stores like Walmart.
Peace and joy come to you and to you your wassail too.
...as you shop at Walgreens.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045669 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it's because they think this is some sort of serious discussion.
you can't have a serious discussion with folks who see the world through the lens of the right wing media.
but you can have a lot of fun.
yuuup!!!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045670 Dec 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You should change your name to Christmas Carol for the holiday season. Seems more fitting.
every once in a while a glimmer of the homer we used to know comes out of obamas ass (where his head is now firmly planted)
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1045671 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so will Phil be apologizing anytime soon?
people believed Baldwin when he apologized because he's not a religious nutjob.
and btw...
"Alec Baldwin still needs to take real action. MSNBC has sent a message that anti-gay slurs carry consequences, and that's an important standard to uphold at a time when LGBT people continue to face disproportionate levels of bullying and violence just because of who they are."
http://www.glaad.org/blog/update-msnbc-pulls-...
Someone need to give you a bible, so you can uderstand the Christian faith you dumbass...

No apology needed...

Jesus was not a queer loving liberal...

It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1045672 Dec 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"boy president" is not a slur, stupid.
Certainly is when referring to President Obama.

But hey, I understand the need for your kind to protect & make excuses for those that post slurs.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045674 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
see? No where did he say or imply "happier". The NAACP lied.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045675 Dec 20, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Delusional much Carol? Nothing the President has done or even proposed is even remotely Marxist in fact like the ACA were originally Republican ideas.
You've once again proved that your stated non hatred of this man is a bald faced lie.
He's facing the wrath of people like you because he has a different skin color and has a funny sounding name.
The Republicans' version was much different than this president's. The private sector and private insurers were a huge part of the GOP's proposed plan.

Oddly enough, Democrats opposed it. It didn't demand big government intrusion and their incompetency.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045676 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>

But if they grab a microphone, jump on the counter & calling all homosexuals sinners, promiscuous, next to bestiality. Then I would fire them.
Hmmm, you better run that pass the legal department first.

Phil was listing off what the Bible called sexual sins. If you weren't such a moron you would have understood that these are all sins including a female who sleeps around.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045677 Dec 20, 2013
60 outside. fishing time. later.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min IBdaMann 53,480
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 70,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr Dixie Chick 190,091
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Whiny1 6,005
Word (Dec '08) 7 hr _Zoey_ 5,246
Ask Amy 5-27-15 12 hr RACE 15
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 12 hr RACE 1,389
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]