Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1481957 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046181 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Liar.
My first mention was to reply to that post. After I made that, there were others before I posted again - every one as a reply to a poster who mentioned homosexual activity in wildlife.
It is therefore impossible that I brought up the subject.
You lied.
lol! You have to forgive 'whatever'.

Facts have a habit of escaping at convenient intervals for him!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046182 Dec 20, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You progressives own the nut sack washing...i just got stuck paying for it out of my taxes...
And yet, I still must bow to your superior prowess in this endeavour. Your practices have paid off!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046183 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
do you ever read current news and know why this is a topic?
What I thought
lol! Son, you don't bother with history so don't act like you know better.

Because you don't !
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046184 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, you keep telling yourself that everyone's world revolves around you
lol! Still looking in the mirror when you reply.

No thinking involved!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1046185 Dec 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The volunteer students at Notre Dame Academy, an all girls 7 through 12 school in Toledo Ohio are leaving on their annual Christmas pilgrimage to Harlan Kentucky in Eastern Kentucky's coal region. Once there the young ladies will cook, visit with and provide Christmas gifts to about 450 families.
This will be the Catholic school's 25th consecutive Christmas trip to the Appalachian town with a tractor trailer load of food, clothing and gifts.
Learn more at the toledobladeonline.com
Good for them
What does that have to do with anything? I'm not talking about members of the congregation. I'm talking about the Catholic church. In 2010, US tax payers gave the tax exempt "Catholic Charities" $554 million. In 2012, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops received $63 million. Why? Obviously it isn't because the members of the congregation are not kind hearted and giving. IMO, it is because the Catholic Church is greedy and manipulative. They take our money and then take full credit for all the good "they" are doing. Most of the parishioners don't even realize they are not the ones funding those programs. Just saying.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046186 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
He was asked what sin is
He was paraphrasing Corinthians 6:9-11
This is the dumbest post you have ever made. You are judging whether someone else is judging except you claim the authority to know while the other one says not his decision.
lol! Son, your series of 'dumb posts' is never ending.... but comical!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046187 Dec 20, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Apples and oranges as you will soon see , the people are behind Phil , Wallmart has been striped of anything "Duck Dynasty" the stores didn't pull the brand the consumers did , the Dixie chicks not only had their products pulled from stores the people burned what they already had in protest to Melanie Raines comments , you can't even order on line right now Bobby Jindal is smart to watch how he handles himself with this situation , There's no one down there to run against ole Phil if he wants their job , the whole country loves the man and his family and also his beliefs , lots of people waking up to the reality this country has lost it's way , and their anger will all be directed to this sham of an administration .
lol! Hmmmmm.... the new reich wing messiah?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1046188 Dec 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
What does that have to do with anything? I'm not talking about members of the congregation. I'm talking about the Catholic church. In 2010, US tax payers gave the tax exempt "Catholic Charities" $554 million. In 2012, the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops received $63 million. Why? Obviously it isn't because the members of the congregation are not kind hearted and giving. IMO, it is because the Catholic Church is greedy and manipulative. They take our money and then take full credit for all the good "they" are doing. Most of the parishioners don't even realize they are not the ones funding those programs. Just saying.
bigoted NYC Bocajew...

your kind should be ashamed to comment...

GFY, you filthy bitch....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046189 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't realize it was that high but as we see more Progressive orgs fronting as being for another cause but actually being used as a base to launch anti-Christian attacks this is not surprising.
ROTFLMAO!!!!! Son, you sure are full of yourself!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046190 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
What is silly is that after Chick-a-fil, Progressives still learned nothing.
ROTFLMAO!!! Stop it! Stop it!

My sides are killing me!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046191 Dec 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
And A&E takes a 14 million viewer advertising hit. Don't kid yourself, A&E cares.
They tried and failed to ban the Robertson's from using the name Jesus Christ and the sit down, family dinner prayer to end each show.
It's completely up to the Robertson's where they go and what they do. Market. Capitalism.
Geez son! Have them leave already!

Go! Leave!

Do something other than provide feint threats! About time you people actually DO something for a change.... positive, negative... just something!!!!

Otherwise you sound like a whiny kid threatening to hold your breath.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046192 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
I do not watch Family Guy, The Simpsons or Glee or far as that go I probably do not see many shows on FOX. Someone else in this house has a death grip on the remote.
lol! I'm sure it's the adults there!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046193 Dec 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I can't stand Baldwin, I defend his right to free speech.
Unlike marriage and health insurance, free speech is a right.
See: The Constitution of the United States.
lol! Not when you sell that right son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046194 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Dixie Chicks fizzled because they insulted their own best fans...
lol! That's the problem with reich wingers son.... they insult anyone EXCEPT their base!
Frank

Veradale, WA

#1046195 Dec 20, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's easy.
You're describing the Obama administration's actions and behaviors regarding Obamacare.
Today Obama told more lies. Obama stated that hundreds or thousands of people signed up for ObamaKare and that meant that millions would have health insurance by January 1st. First of all how does hundreds or even thousands add up to millions? How does signing thousands up for Medicaid account for health care reform? Our country needed health care reform in 2007/2008 and we still needs health care reform today and we will still need health care reform in 2017. We should start with ambulance chasers.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046196 Dec 20, 2013
Ah! The draft is good tonight again!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1046197 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
bigoted NYC Bocajew...
your kind should be ashamed to comment...
GFY, you filthy bitch....
I agree that was an extremely hostile comment to Realtime.

This person is so bigoted she cannot she the hate she oozes.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046198 Dec 20, 2013
lol! Imagine if this was brought up in the US.

Reich wingers would have to defend prostitutes!!!

I love this comedy channel!

"Canadian court strikes down anti-prostitution laws
Email this Story

Dec 20, 6:37 PM (ET)

By CHARMAINE NORONHA

TORONTO (AP)- Canada's highest court struck down the country's anti-prostitution laws Friday, a victory for sex workers who had argued that a ban on brothels and other measures made their profession more dangerous. The ruling drew criticism from the conservative government and religious leaders.

The court, ruling in a case brought by three women in the sex trade, struck down all three of Canada's prostitution-related laws: bans on keeping a brothel, making a living from prostitution, and street soliciting. The ruling won't take effect immediately, however, because the court gave Parliament a year to respond with new legislation, and said the existing laws would remain in place until then.

The decision threw the door open for a wide and complex debate on how Canada should regulate prostitution, which isn't in itself illegal in the country.

Robert Leckey, a law professor at McGill University, said the court found that the law did nothing to increase safety, but suggested in its ruling that more finely tailored rules might pass constitutional scrutiny in the future.

(AP) Valerie Scott talks to reporters at the Supreme Court of Canada in Ottawa Friday morning, Dec. 20,...
Full Image
"Some of the (current) provisions actually limit sex workers' ability to protect themselves," Leckey said.

The court found that Canada's prostitution laws violated the guarantee to life, liberty and security of the person. For instance, it said the law prohibiting people from making a living from prostitution is too broad.

It is intended "to target pimps and the parasitic, exploitative conduct in which they engage," the ruling said. "The law, however, punishes everyone who lives on the avails of prostitution without distinguishing between those who exploit prostitutes and those who could increase the safety and security of prostitutes, for example, legitimate drivers, managers, or bodyguards."..."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1046199 Dec 20, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Today Obama told more lies. Obama stated that hundreds or thousands of people signed up for ObamaKare and that meant that millions would have health insurance by January 1st. First of all how does hundreds or even thousands add up to millions? How does signing thousands up for Medicaid account for health care reform? Our country needed health care reform in 2007/2008 and we still needs health care reform today and we will still need health care reform in 2017. We should start with ambulance chasers.
Medicaid is not health insurance....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1046200 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that was an extremely hostile comment to Realtime.
This person is so bigoted she cannot she the hate she oozes.
lol! Always trying to get approval.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 234,278
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr winner 10,090
BENZOS and others available 1 hr Meds 1
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 3,543
Fot the Deplorable Masses. 3 hr red dawn 2
FRIDAY 1/20/17 PRESIDENT TRUMP. Democrap Tota... 4 hr Man OR Superman 10
Climate Change References, Deleted From WH Webs... 5 hr Praise the LORD 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr CrunchyBacon 104,729

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages