Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274705 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045644 Dec 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
that's the problem with you libturds, you can't read. Where did he say African Americans were "happier"?
"They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/post-part...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045645 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
total joke in application of outrage?
how about folks talking about how free speech is being ridden down by folks who are using the same to do it?
Phil can say whatever he wants and so can I.
So what is GLAAD protesting?

GLAAD has ignored Baldwin directing homophobic rants at a person who was a known gay-GLAAD is a total joke in application of outrage.

GLAAD goes on a hissy fit because someone thought it was a sin. Meh
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1045646 Dec 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Looks like I've made a bad impression on Galt.
other than the fact that you're obviously a lying sack of chit and a pompous a-hole, Galt has nothing against you, doll...

now go back to the bar with the muckety-mucks...

ROTFLMAO....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045647 Dec 20, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah you Gilligan, factually our little hitler and local radical islamist apologist of the first order you idiot.
Make yourself sheep and Wolfie will eat you dumbass.
It's the culture....
lol! repeat please.....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045648 Dec 20, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
the NAACP lied about what Robertson said. Sonic us spreading that lie
Memories are now racist.

These groups are in search of stupidity.

Everyone has become Mr Tingles and Harris-Perry
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045649 Dec 20, 2013
lol! Duck Dynasty....

.... the only thing reich wingers have left to 'attack' Obama on!!!!

I love this comedy channel!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045650 Dec 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I suggested that yesterday and they got even more intense.
it's because they think this is some sort of serious discussion.

you can't have a serious discussion with folks who see the world through the lens of the right wing media.

but you can have a lot of fun.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1045651 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you fricken right whiners deny your party shut down government it makes me laugh a just how stupid you people really are.
the government did not shut down, stupid.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1045652 Dec 20, 2013
WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, was hospitalized Friday after falling ill in the morning, his office said.

Mr. Reid, who just turned 74, was going to remain in the hospital as a precaution. As a result, he will not be presiding over the Senate’s final day of business this year.

The Senate, which has been going through a tumultuous last two weeks as Republicans and Democrats feuded over nominations and legislation, resolved the stalemate late Thursday night and agreed to finish up on Friday. Senators will return in early January.

Mr. Reid’s spokesman, Adam Jentleson, said the senator’s condition had improved.

“Early this morning, Senator Reid was not feeling well and as a precaution decided to go to the hospital,” he said.“Tests have been conducted and everything is normal. He is alert, resting and feeling better.

“Doctors have asked that he remain in the hospital for observation so he will not be working today.”

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045653 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, slinging slurs & thinking the President takes office the day after the election.
"boy president" is not a slur, stupid.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1045654 Dec 20, 2013
Two weeks ago was my birthday and I wasn't feeling too hot that morning. I went down to breakfast knowing my wife would be pleasant and say "Happy Birthday" and probably have a present for me. She didn't even say "Good Morning", let alone any "Happy Birthday." I thought, "Well, that's wives for you. The children will remember. "The children came down to breakfast and didn't say a word.

When I started to the office I was feeling pretty low and despondent. As I walked into my office, my secretary, Janet said, "Good Morning, Boss, Happy Birthday." I felt a little better. Someone had remembered. I worked until noon, then Janet knocked on my door and said, "You know it is such a beautiful day outside and it is your birthday, let's go to lunch, just you and me." I said, "By George, that's the greatest thing I've heard all day. Let's go.

We went to lunch. We didn't go where we normally go. We went out into the country to a little private place. We had two martinis and enjoyed lunch tremendously. On the way back to the office, she said, "You know, it is such a beautiful day, we don't need to go back to the office, do we?" I said, "No, I guess not." She said, "Let's go to my apartment."

After arriving at her apartment she said, "Boss, if you don't mind, I think I'll go into the bedroom and slip into something more comfortable. Sure," I excitedly replied. She went into the bedroom and, in about six minutes she came out carrying a big birthday cake, followed by my wife, children and dozens of our friends. They were all singing Happy Birthday.......and there I sat on the couch.......naked.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1045655 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
When Duck Dynasty patriarch Phil Robertson opened his yap to GQ magazine, he probably didn’t anticipate the firestorm of controversy that would follow it.
He told Drew Magary:“Everything is blurred on what’s right and what’s wrong. Sin becomes fine. Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.”
While Robertson’s comments were immediately called out as homophobic and while some like Sarah Palin quickly jumped to his defense under the rubric of free speech, some viewers seemed surprised that their favorite cuddly Southern rednecks weren’t so cuddly after all.
That reaction was astutely mocked by Seth Rogen on Twitter, who wrote:“It's strange that A&E hired a guy for being a backwoods redneck and then were surprised when he started talking like a backwoods redneck.”
In other words: obvious thing is obvious.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/12...
Say I hire a person who happens to hold the religious belief that homosexuality is a sin. That is their belief.

But if they grab a microphone, jump on the counter & calling all homosexuals sinners, promiscuous, next to bestiality. Then I would fire them.

It was the success of the show that put Robertson in the spotlight & that interview was related to that show.

A&E had no choice.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045656 Dec 20, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are walking down the street and suddenly become trapped within a Fools Parade, don't be embarrassed. You'll get out sooner or later.
It is critical today that parents teach their kids critical thinking and warn them of the dangers of Liberal Group Think.
These skills are completely absent from within academia and are, in fact, intentionally kept out of reach from the children. And so it falls to the individual family unit to fight this scourge. God help us. We need a second revolution from within the family unit - men & women - to let freedom ring once again.
The family unit and society as a whole isn't what it used to be either. I blame it on too many gadgets isolating us from socially interacting and creating distractions. But that's just me.

We need the right leaders with the right message as well - simple, clear and concise - that's heard above the static from the left. The good news is we might have a few just waiting for the right time.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045657 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
interesting...given that Medicaid is now enrolling people with higher incomes, and presumably more assets, this may be part of the ObamaKKKare Communist plan....
lol! Why should you care son?

After all, didn't you indicate it's lousy insurance?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045658 Dec 20, 2013
flack wrote:
ADMINISTRATION MAKES last-minute change allowing people whose insurance was cancelled to avoid the ObamaCare coverage mandate — and sign up for bare-bones policies if they wish — a move the insurance industry warns will create 'tremendous instability' in the market.
...and the train wreck continues
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045659 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
He then went on to discuss Robertson’s views on race, which include his remarks about having grown in the pre-Jim Crow era, when “no [black people] were singing the blues.”
First a misquote.

""I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson told GQ writer Drew Margary. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... "

Goes back to what I said earlier that Phil's memories as a teenager is racist.

Memories can be racist to the crazy Progressives!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045660 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So what is GLAAD protesting?
GLAAD has ignored Baldwin directing homophobic rants at a person who was a known gay-GLAAD is a total joke in application of outrage.
GLAAD goes on a hissy fit because someone thought it was a sin. Meh
so will Phil be apologizing anytime soon?

people believed Baldwin when he apologized because he's not a religious nutjob.

and btw...

"Alec Baldwin still needs to take real action. MSNBC has sent a message that anti-gay slurs carry consequences, and that's an important standard to uphold at a time when LGBT people continue to face disproportionate levels of bullying and violence just because of who they are."

http://www.glaad.org/blog/update-msnbc-pulls-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1045661 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What part of "when referring to a black man" don't you get.
Using the term "boy" in reference to a black man is a racial slur.
Is Bush black? No
My God you are dumber than sh*t.
lol! Wait.... wait..... was THAT his entire point? Calling bushie boy, boy?

That was ALL?????

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045662 Dec 20, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize some of you right whiners agree with the use of racial slurs but using the term "boy" in reference to a blasck an is a racoa; slur.
Yes he said it.
Second, if you are blaming Obama for the employment situation starting from his election then you must think a President takes office that day.
And yes, he did say that.
but the term he used was "boy president". Quit being a dumbass Dave.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045663 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
WASHINGTON — Senator Harry Reid, the majority leader, was hospitalized Friday after falling ill in the morning, his office said.
Mr. Reid, who just turned 74, was going to remain in the hospital as a precaution. As a result, he will not be presiding over the Senate’s final day of business this year.
The Senate, which has been going through a tumultuous last two weeks as Republicans and Democrats feuded over nominations and legislation, resolved the stalemate late Thursday night and agreed to finish up on Friday. Senators will return in early January.
Mr. Reid’s spokesman, Adam Jentleson, said the senator’s condition had improved.
“Early this morning, Senator Reid was not feeling well and as a precaution decided to go to the hospital,” he said.“Tests have been conducted and everything is normal. He is alert, resting and feeling better.
“Doctors have asked that he remain in the hospital for observation so he will not be working today.”
I wish Reid well but preferably in retirement where he won't create more problems for the rest of us.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 32 min Joe Balls 196,901
abby 8-28=15 53 min Mrs Gladys Kravitz 7
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ariel Sharon 70,156
Amy 8-28-15 1 hr Mrs Gladys Kravitz 6
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr and I am Len Oconnor 100,628
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr IB DaMann 54,491
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 6,399
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages