Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045348 Dec 19, 2013
The Ducks are A&E's biggest show

The Robertsons are at it again. Last night’s one-hour Season Four premiere of A&E‘s mega hit Duck Dynasty drew a staggering 11.8 million viewers to rank as the number one nonfiction series telecast in cable history.

The episode also set a cable record for a reality series telecast among adults 25-54 with 6.3 million viewers in the demo and became the No.1 series telecast in A&E history among adults 18-49 and 18-34 with 6.3 million and 3.0 million viewers, respectively. The previous A&E records in total viewers and all key demos were held by Duck Dynasty‘s third season finale, which averaged 9.6 million total viewers, 5.6 million adults 25-54, 5.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million adults 18-34. Duck Dynasty also is poised to be the No.1 show on all of television, broadcast or cable, last night.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/duck-dynasty-...

Someone was threatening Under Armor earlier-they stated this afternoon that they do not share Phil's views but will continue to sponsor the show.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1045350 Dec 19, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can any facts to back up your personal opinion? Tick Tock.
"uselesssinceforever0000 "
Let us take a look. nobama's porkulus program was designed to lower the unemployment rate. It failed, the unemployment rate is up. Fewer American's employed, fewer American's required to pay Federal Income tax. A bad thing, not in nobama's mind and the minds of his looney left wing supporters, the more on food stamps, the more loyal democrat voters. Utopia for you.
Peace
KMA
Merry Christmas
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045351 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
conservative hypocrisy. that there is no reasonable reply for. you guys can go on all day about how unfair it is that you're not being held to a lower standard, but very few other than your own are buying it. you attack people all day long with totally unprovable BS, but when one of your ilk exposes your hypocrisy by going off in a national publication and you all try to defend him against exactly what you do to others day in and day out, it is astounding to see that you think you have a leg to stand on.
Everyday you are a non-stop whine about FNS-but object to someone commenting on Raw Story. That is hypocrisy.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1045352 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
conservative hypocrisy. that there is no reasonable reply for. you guys can go on all day about how unfair it is that you're not being held to a lower standard, but very few other than your own are buying it. you attack people all day long with totally unprovable BS, but when one of your ilk exposes your hypocrisy by going off in a national publication and you all try to defend him against exactly what you do to others day in and day out, it is astounding to see that you think you have a leg to stand on.
What is ironic and disgusting is that poor white trash redneck ignorance is becoming something that is attractive somehow; it's not only Southerners as was thought before. It seems to be everywhere; even people in Massachusetts of all places, are laughingly calling themselves rednecks! One would think that being called white trash redneck hillbillies would be something anyone would want to distance oneself from.

It's sick. Read this from that idiot:

The 67-year-old journeyed from substance abuse to devotion to God to small-screen celebrity, all in the backwoods of Louisiana. According to Robertson, growing up in those Louisiana backwoods in the pre-civil rights era was not bad for black people.

“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/19/phil...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1045353 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Everyday you are a non-stop whine about FNS-but object to someone commenting on Raw Story. That is hypocrisy.
So don't fkn read it and stay as ignorant and ill informed as you are, who the fk cares? Your party needs morans like you.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045354 Dec 19, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG I just saw those Duck Dynasty guys! Ugghhhh....They look like the people in that movie Deliverance!
And that stupid Sarah Palin standing next to them! What a fkn riot.
They are multi-millionaires, savvy businessmen and all have college degrees (other than Si)--of course you have nothing in common with them.
RUSH10ME

Colonial Beach, VA

#1045355 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
The Ducks are A&E's biggest show
The Robertsons are at it again. Last night’s one-hour Season Four premiere of A&E‘s mega hit Duck Dynasty drew a staggering 11.8 million viewers to rank as the number one nonfiction series telecast in cable history.
The episode also set a cable record for a reality series telecast among adults 25-54 with 6.3 million viewers in the demo and became the No.1 series telecast in A&E history among adults 18-49 and 18-34 with 6.3 million and 3.0 million viewers, respectively. The previous A&E records in total viewers and all key demos were held by Duck Dynasty‘s third season finale, which averaged 9.6 million total viewers, 5.6 million adults 25-54, 5.5 million adults 18-49 and 2.6 million adults 18-34. Duck Dynasty also is poised to be the No.1 show on all of television, broadcast or cable, last night.
http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/duck-dynasty-...
Someone was threatening Under Armor earlier-they stated this afternoon that they do not share Phil's views but will continue to sponsor the show.
Do not share his views in public , but ofcourse they will sponser the show it's a cash cow .
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045356 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
object? i could care less. as long as it gripes your ass i'm happy. so if you make any sort of reply....i'm happy.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045357 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
What is ironic and disgusting is that poor white trash redneck ignorance is becoming something that is attractive somehow; it's not only Southerners as was thought before. It seems to be everywhere; even people in Massachusetts of all places, are laughingly calling themselves rednecks! One would think that being called white trash redneck hillbillies would be something anyone would want to distance oneself from.
The 67-year-old journeyed from substance abuse to devotion to God to small-screen celebrity, all in the backwoods of Louisiana. According to Robertson, growing up in those Louisiana backwoods in the pre-civil rights era was not bad for black people.
“I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person," Robertson is quoted in GQ. "Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field.... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say,‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.”
So ignorant? Really? They rack in millions a year from their business (not Duck Dynasty)-you confuse American Enterprise and the American dream as ignorance.

Spokane, WA

#1045358 Dec 19, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Awwww... but the new budget deal eliminates many of the cuts son!
What aren't you reich wingers ostracizing your wonder boy Paul Ryan like you do Christie? After all, they BOTH WORKED WITH DEMOCRATS TO COMPROMISE!!!
I love this comedy channel!
"yuck"
Little daughter you are dense. They cut the increase in veterans benefits but the reinstated some of the cuts brought about be the sequester deal. Liberals are thrilled, more pork barrel spending, screw the veterans.
Peace
KMA
Merry Christmas
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045359 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
that's not FOX. they can only wish.
and anyway, as Rush said....Walking Dead Duck.
You sound confused this evening.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045360 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
not sure if our locals know that part of it but they're getting ready to have to start going off about the black folks going after Phil.
RUSH10ME

Colonial Beach, VA

#1045361 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
Those duck hillbillies look like they have mated with goats so what the fkn hell are you talking about? It's subhuman slime like them that fk their own daughters and goats, horses etc.
Why in the world would a magazine like GQ have garbage like that in their magazine?
I don't get it.
You will never "get it" FUBU , it's a white thing and you wouldn't understand .

Spokane, WA

#1045362 Dec 19, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What about male/females couples who don't want kids. Can they get married?
"real dumb"
All most all have a choice as to whether or not to have children. In your case you have no choice or chance, you "real dumb dave" and your mate even "dumber darwin" will not be blessed. You will have no choice.
Peace
KMA
Merry Christmas
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045363 Dec 19, 2013
<quoted text>
So don't fkn read it and stay as ignorant and ill informed as you are, who the fk cares? Your party needs morans like you.
I know you like reading National Enquirer and Raw Story-most people don't read that stuff and live happy intelligent lives.

You may reconsider your choice of reading materials.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045364 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
not sure if our locals know that part of it but they're getting ready to have to start going off about the black folks going after Phil.
No need to :)
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045365 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound confused this evening.
Rush didn't seem to be confused.

"Duck Dynasty is cable's top-rated reality series this year. It beat the finale of American Idol, and it is the number two original series overall behind The Walking Dead. Now, I can't tell the difference."

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/26/...

so...Walking Dead Duck.

zombie ducks?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045366 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you like reading National Enquirer and Raw Story-most people don't read that stuff and live happy intelligent lives.
You may reconsider your choice of reading materials.
kind of like American 'Thinker'? Daily Caller/bikini central?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1045370 Dec 19, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to :)
no?

NAACP Blasts Phil Robertson Over 'Racist' Remarks In New 'Duck Dynasty' Row

http://www.ibtimes.com/naacp-blasts-phil-robe...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1045371 Dec 19, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Rush didn't seem to be confused.
"Duck Dynasty is cable's top-rated reality series this year. It beat the finale of American Idol, and it is the number two original series overall behind The Walking Dead. Now, I can't tell the difference."
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2013/04/26/...
so...Walking Dead Duck.
zombie ducks?
I am not trying to hurt your feelings but.... if it is a good joke; you don't have to explain it.

You aren't the worse. I saw one guy go on for paragraph trying to explain his.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 20 min Jacques in Orleans 187,927
Ask Amy 5-6-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 4
Dear Abby 5-6-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr helpful explainer 99,415
News Chicago signs compare homeless to rodents 4 hr YesRodentsAll 3
Bill Clinton's Wife. 4 hr BlindHelenKeller 9
Did Keith Sus die in 2008 while riding motorcycle? (Oct '13) 4 hr Mama Mia 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]