Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1660442 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1045762 Dec 20, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you've made a dozen posts on Duck Dynasty, something that means nothing to you. I guess that's how you got to 26,000 dumbass posts, writing about things you neither know or care about. More bullshit from the no-life moron.
fyi, a dozen equals 12 but I realize you are a libturd so your stupidity is expected.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1045763 Dec 20, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Progressives love illegal alien families...
Normal, American one's...not so much...
'Judge claims DHS delivering smuggled children to illegal immigrant parents'
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/12/19/ju...
Fox News!~~~~~~~~~
The Traitor-In-Chief is at it again.

Impeach the bas turd NOW!
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1045764 Dec 20, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact is, Phil Robertson didn't use hate speech on his well rehearsed TV show. Had he done so, there is no question the show would be off the air but to say that people who don't like it should just ignore it is hypocritical beyond belief. Remember all the uproar over Mel Gibson's remarks? It ruined his career. IMO, the same thing should happen with Phil Robertson. The truth is out.
However, the people who should be really upset are conservative talk show hosts and members of congress are relatively quiet about what he had to say about them:
"Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.” Phil Robertson
Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/television/20...
Whois: www.gq.com/entertainment/

GQ (formerly Gentlemen's Quarterly) is an American monthly men's magazine focusing on fashion, style, and culture for men, through articles on food, movies, fitness, sex, music, travel, sports, technology, and books.

un-newsworthiness superlative bias and exaggerated or hyperbolical expression of opinions or perspective..... Not a news source...

It's the culture....

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045765 Dec 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Billo told her so.
Meanwhile back at the ranch up north:
Canada's Anti-Prostitution Laws Struck Down By Supreme Court; 9-0 ruling
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/20/cana...
haha...now we know why you moved to Canada.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1045766 Dec 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
"Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.” Phil Robertson
Translation: Every Republican is going to Hell.
"All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God."

It's not a partisan issue.
RUSH10ME

Colonial Beach, VA

#1045767 Dec 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Phil Robertson fiasco was self inflicted and it's the right who are using ole Phil as a symbol in their losing war against gay marriage.
No one here is lying about what he said__you can read the interview for yourself.
Not sure about his youth but he was a hell of a good football player on an all white high school team as well as a mostly if not completely white college team.*
The Robertson's had a nice little hunting accessory business going and were discovered by a TV production company and offered the deal that turned them into stars and poured money into their bank accounts in the form of salaries and merchandising royalties. They don't own that show nor does A&E. The show is owned by ITV and you can bet that companies execs sht all over themselves when they learned that their "patriarch" had done an exclusive interview with a gossip journalist.
* I couldn't find a picture or roster for the entire 1969 Louisiana Tech team but I saw no blacks in Bradshaw's photo pages.
No blacks on the roster is now Phils fault , you dumbasse's are ridiculous .
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1045768 Dec 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Catch one for me!!!
at the ramp. guys here with hybrids in the livewell.

ye-ha!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045769 Dec 20, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
on the way to the water, but i'll leave you all with this.....
O'Reilly Criticizes 'Duck Dynasty' Star's Anti-Gay Comments As A 'Mistake'
Suggesting that gays wouldn't be admitted to "the kingdom of heaven," O'Reilly said, was where Robertson went too far.
"It's not about the Bible, or believing or not believing in the Bible," O'Reilly argued. "It's singling out a group, could be any group, and saying to that group 'Hey, you're not worthy. You're not worthy in the eyes of the Lord, or in the eyes of God, you're not worthy because of who you are.' So once you get that personal, once you get down into that kind of a realm, problems arise."
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/o-reill...
good luck.
LCNLin

United States

#1045770 Dec 20, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The family unit and society as a whole isn't what it used to be either. I blame it on too many gadgets isolating us from socially interacting and creating distractions. But that's just me.
We need the right leaders with the right message as well - simple, clear and concise - that's heard above the static from the left. The good news is we might have a few just waiting for the right time.
Bush stock market crash of Oct 2008 placed stress on families.

Of courser Republicans are the party of the rich.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1045771 Dec 20, 2013
Obama Jabs Putin, Picks Openly Gay Delegates For Winter Olympics In Russia

""ASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama on Tuesday announced his delegates to the 2014 Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia. And, in what may be a thumb in the eye to Russian President Vladimir Putin over his crackdown on gay rights, two of Obama's delegates are openly gay.

Billie Jean King, the tennis legend, and Caitlin Cahow, an Olympic medalist in women’s ice hockey, are both part of the U.S. delegation. Both are out lesbians.

Another member of the U.S. delegation, figure skating Olympic medalist Brian Boitano, routinely declines to answer questions about his sexuality, saying "everybody's got their own path" to discovering who they are.

Others in the delegation include University of California President Janet Napolitano, the former Homeland Security secretary; U.S. Ambassador to Russia Michael McFaul; White House Deputy Chief of Staff Rob Nabors; Deputy Secretary of State William Burns, and speed skating Olympic medalists Bonnie Blair and Eric Heiden.

In what may be another slight to the Russian president, Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and first lady Michelle Obama will not attend the opening ceremony. This marks the first time since the 2000 Summer Olympic Games that a president, vice president, first lady or former president won't be part of the opening ceremony.

Putin has faced international criticism for his persecution of Russia's gay community. Over the summer, he signed a law banning the adoption of Russian-born children to gay couples. He also signed a law that bans public discussion of gay rights and relationships where children might hear it. Under that law, which considers such talk "propaganda," violators can be fined and foreigners can be deported.

Obama has denounced Putin's treatment of gays and made a point to meet with Russian advocates of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and trangender community during his September trip to St. Petersburg for the G20 Summit.

UPDATE: Dec. 19 -- Boitano announced Thursday that he, too, is gay.

"I am many things: a son, a brother, and uncle, a friend, an athlete, a cook, an author, and being gay is just one part of who I am," he said in a statement."

==========

Obama enjoys kicking the Russian Commie Dictator around.

He beat him on Syria, getting Putin to cave to destroying Syria's WMD's.

Putin the dictator and bigot is going to have a Winter Olympics with no foreign dignitaries in attendance. LOL

He's pardoning his political enemies, hoping the world will forgive him his bigotry and abouses of power.

He even had to pardon Pussy Riot, due to international pressure.

Not to mention his oil tycoon enemy Khodorkovsky, who the dictator imprisoned simply because Khodorkovsky supported Putin's opponents.

No wonder so many Teabaggers love Putin. He's a bigot, just like them.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1045772 Dec 20, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
Can we please have a miracle at Christmas?!!!

I would be willing to sing Auld Lang Syne to the bas turd as croaked.

After all, I do belong to the ASPCA.

Orlando, FL

#1045773 Dec 20, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop lying Carol! Your hatred for this man is palpable in your posts.
You Hate progressive liberalism? The founding fathers were in their day progressive liberals. Jesus was a progressive liberal so you must hate them also.
Don't hate the man. Hate the ideology. I've said before, he missed his calling. He should have been an actor and would have been a good one. Just not the leader of our nation.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1045774 Dec 20, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Seth Rogen - IMDb
www.imdb.com/name/nm0736622/&#8206 ;
Seth Rogen, Actor: Pineapple Express. A talented actor, comedian and writer, Seth Rogen has come a long way from doing stand-up comedy as a teen.... Seth. 2007 Shrek the Third · Ship Captain (voice). 2007 Knocked Up ... 2004 Wake Up, Ron Burgundy: The Lost Movie (Video).... Seth Rogen, This Is the End (2013).
&#8206;Filmography by type - &#8206;Biography - &#8206;Filmography by TV series - &#8206;Photo Gallery
never heard of him...
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1045775 Dec 20, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>lily thinking about going back up north flat backin again , why don't you strap a mattress to your back and start up a curb service , ya white trash skank.
Meanwhile... lily loves 'NATURE'- in spite of what misplaced and misused body parts have created, damaged, and done to her..

It's the culture...

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1045776 Dec 20, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The Phil Robertson fiasco was self inflicted and it's the right who are using ole Phil as a symbol in their losing war against gay marriage.
No one here is lying about what he said__you can read the interview for yourself.
Not sure about his youth but he was a hell of a good football player on an all white high school team as well as a mostly if not completely white college team.*
The Robertson's had a nice little hunting accessory business going and were discovered by a TV production company and offered the deal that turned them into stars and poured money into their bank accounts in the form of salaries and merchandising royalties. They don't own that show nor does A&E. The show is owned by ITV and you can bet that companies execs sht all over themselves when they learned that their "patriarch" had done an exclusive interview with a gossip journalist.
* I couldn't find a picture or roster for the entire 1969 Louisiana Tech team but I saw no blacks in Bradshaw's photo pages.
then you should have no problem linking to where he said blacks were "happier".

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1045777 Dec 20, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It would be nice if these progressive groups like GLAAD targeted all homophobes (totally ignored Baldwin) and stop targeting those with Christian beliefs only.
Not hard to see what is going on here.
Now I know you're clueless. Baldwin was fired and his show was cancelled over his anti-gay remarks after gay-rights organizations expressed their outrage. You are a hypocrite if you think the same thing shouldn't happen to Robertson.

Orlando, FL

#1045778 Dec 20, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, and this summer the North Pole was essentially a lake and ice free.
arctic-news.blogspot.com/2013/09/is-the-north...
So what's your point?
(If this posts twice, ignore this one.)

A blog on "Artic News" is your source? Who is behind "Artic News"?

Scientific evidence proves artic sea ice has expanded this year. Some of these scientists claim it's a hiccup in the global warming process.

But in the 1970s, scientists were then warning of a new ice age. Because, In that decade, global temperatures cooled significantly.

Maybe we should just wait and see what the climate is going to do again - with or without our expertise.

It's going to be hard to convince most of the nation that global warming is still a threat when the majority were deep frozen last month and record low temperatures and unprecedented snow has been reported around the world for the past three or four years.

Let's just all try and be patient and see what the climate's going to do together.
LCNLin

United States

#1045779 Dec 20, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
A&E is owned 50% by Disney...heterosexual families should boycott Disney and leave the parks to the phaggots...
Latent homosexuality again ?

1,345 post by this troll dealing with homophobia ... a few too many :-)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1045780 Dec 20, 2013
Homer wrote:
Translation: Every Republican is going to Hell.
"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job
We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying? However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other" Phil Robertson

You, Homer, have a lot to learn from the man.
LCNLin

United States

#1045781 Dec 20, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't need proof that you're a dummy.
Proves it every day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump is A 51 min Chilli J 198
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 243,106
News Random act of kindness in turbulent world (Jan '10) 2 hr chugs 8
News Use of 'retarded' as derogatory term is offensi... (Jun '08) 2 hr Maxie 6,657
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr honeymylove 11,604
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr CrunchyBacon 105,381
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 4 hr RACE 8,628

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages