Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044785 Dec 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me. What earthy reason makes you believe we should allow TransCanada to place a pipeline across our country for the purpose of exporting oil to foreign countries when their own provinces won't allow it? Why would you want to allow them to trash our country like that?
Why would Canada not use their own ports if this is the only purpose?

We have pipelines everywhere underground plus cables etc.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1044786 Dec 18, 2013
CBO and JCT now project that the ACA will increase the number of people enrolled in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) by more than estimated previously—for example, by 13 million in 2023 rather than 12 million. That increase in projected enrollment stems primarily from our expectation that more potentially newly eligible Medicaid beneficiaries will be residents of states that fully extend Medicaid coverage under the ACA (encompassing people with income up to 138 percent of the federal poverty level). Because of the higher projected enrollment, the costs for Medicaid and CHIP are now expected to be $74 billion greater over the 2014–2023 period than previously estimated.

CBO and JCT now project that fewer people will be enrolled in health insurance exchanges than estimated previously—for example, 24 million in 2023 rather than 25 million. That reduction in projected enrollment is the net effect of several factors, the largest of which is the estimated increase in the share of the potentially eligible population that will reside in states that fully extend Medicaid coverage. Because of the lower projected enrollment in the exchanges and some small modeling changes, the costs for exchange subsidies and related spending are now expected to be $137 billion lower over the 2014–2023 period than previously estimated. In addition, we adjusted our estimates of the share of exchange subsidies that reduces recipients’ tax liability, reducing the share recorded as a revenue loss and increasing the share recorded as outlays. As a result of that shift and other factors, our estimate of the revenues lost through exchange subsidies over the 10-year period is now $138 billion lower, and our estimate of outlays for exchange subsidies and related spending is now less than $1 billion higher, than in the February estimate.

CBO and JCT also now project that the cost of small business tax credits over the 2014–2023 period will be $10 billion lower than previously estimated, reflecting preliminary tax data showing that small businesses continue to be slow in taking advantage of those credits.

http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044787 Dec 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they should. Only problem is.....British Columbia won't let them because of environmental concerns.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/report-on-busi...
It appears to me either coast could be used and the route would be shorter than through the US
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044788 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
You'll make these payments throughout the year in a Medicare drug plan:
Premium
Yearly deductible
Copayments or coinsurance
Costs in the coverage gap
Costs if you get Extra Help
Costs if you pay a late enrollment penalty
http://www.medicare.gov/part-d/costs/part-d-c...
Here is the post, Sonic it was made about an hour ago.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1044789 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You are looking at a list of what the consumer pays and you decide to act like a crazy nut job like GOP idiot and say golly gee I don't understand what it says.
Show some integrity. This makes you look like a total moron.
I've seen jellyfish with more spine than Chief Run a Mug.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1044790 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Given Sonic's response to the list of what the consumer has to pay, he has convinced me he is a imbecile, nut job or dishonest.
Take your pick.
all 3, plus a fawning Oblamer enabler and butt smoocher
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044791 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
comments are free. at the bottom of the page.
Look again at the section name. It is similar to Buzz Feed

“no one told me”

Denver

#1044792 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Congressional Budget Office just published a newly updated estimate of the Affordable Care Act and its impact on the budget. The estimate largely tells us what we already knew: The law, when fully implemented, will dramatically reduce the number of Americans without health insurance. It will also reduce the deficit.
This last part remains a big deal, if only because so many conservatives—and, yes, so many members of the public—refuse to believe it. Over and over again, you hear people saying that Obamacare will run up the deficit. The CBO, which is our most reliable guide on such matters, begs to differ.
CBO can't be certain, because nobody can be certain, how exactly the law will play out. But the best available evidence suggests that, in the end, the law will leave the federal treasury with more money than it would have otherwise. And that's just in the short- to medium-term. If the program's efforts at re-engineering the health care system really work, then all spending on health care—from the federal government, corporations, and individuals alike—will stop rising so quickly, freeing up more money for other purposes (like, for example, raises to employees).
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/09/...
whilst Part D just keeps adding to the deficit.
hilarious, Abomination Kare will be the biggest disaster this country has ever seen. Are you really that stupid? Where's the money going to come from for all the new people on medicaid? The tooth fairy?
Who will pay for the subsidies? Santa Claus?

Libs are stupid, those who pay aren't, millions will do everything in their power to avoid being screwed by Oblama and this idiotic, unworkable wealth redistribution scheme.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044793 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
CBO and JCT now project that the ACA will increase the number of people enrolled in Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) by more than estimated previously—for example, by 13 million in 2023 rather than 12 million. That increase in projected enrollment stems primarily from our expectation that more potentially newly eligible Medicaid beneficiaries will be residents of states that fully extend Medicaid coverage under the ACA (encompassing people with income up to 138 percent of the federal poverty level). Because of the higher projected enrollment, the costs for Medicaid and CHIP are now expected to be $74 billion greater over the 2014–2023 period than previously estimated.
CBO and JCT now project that fewer people will be enrolled in health insurance exchanges than estimated previously—for example, 24 million in 2023 rather than 25 million. That reduction in projected enrollment is the net effect of several factors, the largest of which is the estimated increase in the share of the potentially eligible population that will reside in states that fully extend Medicaid coverage. Because of the lower projected enrollment in the exchanges and some small modeling changes, the costs for exchange subsidies and related spending are now expected to be $137 billion lower over the 2014–2023 period than previously estimated. In addition, we adjusted our estimates of the share of exchange subsidies that reduces recipients’ tax liability, reducing the share recorded as a revenue loss and increasing the share recorded as outlays. As a result of that shift and other factors, our estimate of the revenues lost through exchange subsidies over the 10-year period is now $138 billion lower, and our estimate of outlays for exchange subsidies and related spending is now less than $1 billion higher, than in the February estimate.
CBO and JCT also now project that the cost of small business tax credits over the 2014–2023 period will be $10 billion lower than previously estimated, reflecting preliminary tax data showing that small businesses continue to be slow in taking advantage of those credits.
http://www.cbo.gov/publication/44176
Yes, Sonic, that is what I said-it doesn't give an overall est of uninsured but sees an increase in Medicaid application and decrease in exchange enrollments.

What are you challenging?

“no one told me”

Denver

#1044794 Dec 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
So tell me. What earthy reason makes you believe we should allow TransCanada to place a pipeline across our country for the purpose of exporting oil to foreign countries when their own provinces won't allow it? Why would you want to allow them to trash our country like that?
there are already pipelines all over this country, not trashing anything, except maybe your mind.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044795 Dec 18, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
there are already pipelines all over this country, not trashing anything, except maybe your mind.
I live in a section of the country that provides most sources of energy-coal, oil, natural gas and wind farms.

Nothing scars the country side more than those wind farms.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1044796 Dec 18, 2013
Hmm, I appear to be the last man standing at the moment.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044797 Dec 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's a fact for you Commie!
Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency
What happened to all that:
Hope!
Change!
Here's a clue, Zombie:
Welfare.
Idiot.
lol! Poor waxy. He forgets he is a commie lover!
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1044798 Dec 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama not running for a third term.
No preexisting condition ban very popular with the American public. ACA
President Bush is not running for a third term.
Republican party is fighting with your tea party
LOL
Obama award winner for "Lie of the Year". LOL
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044799 Dec 18, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republican candidate for attorney general of Virginia conceded the race on Wednesday, partway through a closely watched recount..
The Republican, Mark D. Obenshain, requested the recount after losing last month to his Democratic rival, Mark R. Herring, by just 165 votes out of 2.2 million cast. Since the recount began on Monday, Mr. Herring extended his lead to more than 810 votes, and on Wednesday, Mr. Obenshain acknowledged that his bid was lost.
Some reich wingers know when to quit.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044800 Dec 18, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not a politician. I can tell the truth.
I separate the motivated from the slackers, the workers and producers from the do-nothings and the takers. I mentioned no race, ethnicity, or gender. You, like most of your ilk, are showing your azz because this is an anonymous forum - and it's bigoted.
lol! Reich wingers have such a weird sense of right and wrong!!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1044801 Dec 18, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
In truth, Obama's ratings are significantly worse than Bush's or Nixon's. Obama has the media up his ass, lying, cajoling and basically covering for him every chance they get. Bush and Nixon had just the opposite, making their numbers much worse than they really were. This kind of blatant media bias makes these surveys absolutely worthless. I don't believe a damn thing they say.
This is very true. Think the poster, Ray, said the same thing. If Obama were Bush, the media wouldn't have to make up stuff or mislead people or build mountains out of molehills just to sway public opinion against him. They'd only have to hold him accountable for his failed policies, poor leadership, lies and deceptions and cover-ups. And, if that were the case, his approval ratings would be in the negative.

The fact his approval is hovering around 40% in spite of the media ignoring his failed policies and poor leadership and helping him sweep his lies and deceptions and cover-ups under the rug is telling. Considering Bush was only 5 points behind him at the very end of his second term with the media hounding him every step of the way.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044802 Dec 18, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The media was extremely influential in creating those numbers for Bush. Liar of the year Obama has tanked all on his own.
Dang! Aren't you lucky you have your opinions son?

Otherwise you'd have nothing!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044803 Dec 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
"National Wildlife Federation"???
ROTFLMAO...
take that chit somewhere else, doll...
...maybe to Realtime's bar...
lol! chit seems to be all you have son!

you should get out of the sun more!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1044804 Dec 18, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Now USA adds Canada to her hate list.
She hates farmers, old folks, military, golf carts and I am sure I have missed many more.
lol! You miss reality in general son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 min cheluzal 99,003
Amy 2-1-15 7 min Mister Tonka 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min Rogue Scholar 05 183,957
Abby 2-1-15 1 hr PEllen 2
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 50,505
Chicago mayor wages lively campaign with no big... 3 hr reality is a crutch 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr Red_Forman 5,404

Blizzard Warning for Cook County was issued at February 01 at 10:29AM CST

Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST