Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1743742 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lisa

United States

#1044566 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The best and worst media errors and corrections in 2013
Error of the Year:’60 Minutes’ Benghazi report
http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/regret-the...
sorry FOX.
January 2013 thru December 2013 MSNBC debacles unlimited.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1044567 Dec 18, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm struggling to pay for your Medicare and Social Security. Older slackers like you that milk the system are draining me.
Yet you support the UCA. Typical dumb libtard hypocrite.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1044568 Dec 18, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does...make you want to puke. Walters and others' own stupidity put this president on such a high pedestal without any reasonable cause or justification - or even a small amount of intelligence - to do so. He could have been a black Hugo Chavez and she and they would have put him on the same ridiculously high pedestal.
These are the people who scare the living phooey out of me. Who are they? Where did they come from? And what did they do with my fellow Americans?
I don't know or recognize any of them. If they were so easily fooled this time...it's hard to imagine their willingness to fall prostrate before and surrender to the next imposter...who could be even worse. Walters just looks like a fool.
Walters should have retired thirty years ago. She has done more damage than a Bull in a China Shop. Airheads are dangerous when given even a little power.

Lapeer, MI

#1044569 Dec 18, 2013
Yeah wrote:
Ah! My cup of joe tastes so good this morning!
Someone emptied your colostomy bag into it.

That's why.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1044570 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
sorry FOX.
Go to the about page:

http://about.poynter.org/

You will see Dan Rather's lying face flash by!

You know, the so called "journalist" and "news anchor" that was fired for being a lying scumbag.

Just keep spamming your crap SonicMoron.

Idiot.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1044571 Dec 18, 2013
Why would anyone pay for health insurance if it isn't needed to provide health care? Would one of you other right wing morons help Eman with this one. He apparently pays for health insurance he claims he doesn't need but he can't explain why he does it. He just keeps rambling that there is a difference between health insurance and health care as if you can get the care without the insurance, even if you have a medical event like a heart transplant I guess.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044572 Dec 18, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know how you come to the conclusion that ER's will be "more overcrowded under Obamacare." That is completely illogical. Millions of people who were using the ER as their primary care provider will now have a regular doctor and regular health checks. That will result in a reduction in emergency room visits....not an increase.
As far as Ronald Reagan's law is concerned, he did exactly what Bush did with the prescription drug plan....passed a law without providing a plan to pay for it. Funny how you people are always seem to think it is the Democrats responsibility to fix the problems created by your side.
what would make anybody believe that these welfare bums would instantly become solid middle class citizens and seek out a family doctor before they had a need???...

and what would make anybody believe that they could find a doctor to accept this crummy "insurance"???...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1044573 Dec 18, 2013
Lisa wrote:
<quoted text>
January 2013 thru December 2013 MSNBC debacles unlimited.
nice try but FOX is the king of BS.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044574 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
more too much FOX....
Paul Ryan is threatening to crash the economy by not raising the debt limit, if President Obama doesn’t approve the Keystone XL pipeline.
According to The Hill,“Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) suggested tying approval of the Keystone pipeline to raising the debt ceiling Monday night.‘We’ve never just done nothing,’ Ryan said on the Hugh Hewitt radio show, which was being guest-hosted by Rep. John Campbell (R-Calif.), when asked how Republicans would handle the debt-ceiling negotiations.“We want to make sure that we’re taking steps in the direction of fiscal conservatism, of fiscal responsibility. I, for one, think we need to do more in the energy sector. I believe we need to approve Keystone pipeline.”
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/18/paul-r...
Consumer Watchdog Report Shows Keystone XL Raises American Gas Prices
http://www.consumerwatchdog.org/newsrelease/c...
right wing myths never seem to die.
sounds like a reasonable compromise...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044575 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
45 million? those guys ain't no Tiger Woods.
at the present time, the Robertsons have a better brand than Tiger...and Galt is a Tiger fan...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1044576 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
'Duck Dynasty' star shunned by Christian organization thanks to wine deal
Willie Robertson was cut from speaking at Faith Ministries after striking up a deal to develop a line of Duck Commander wines.
http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv-m...
funny.
You quack me up
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1044577 Dec 18, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to the about page:
http://about.poynter.org/
You will see Dan Rather's lying face flash by!
You know, the so called "journalist" and "news anchor" that was fired for being a lying scumbag.
Just keep spamming your crap SonicMoron.
Idiot.
The Bush team knew it had to respond to the stories. Campaign spokesman Dan Bartlett explained that the reason Bush stopped flying in 1972 was that he was in Alabama and his family doctor wasn't available to give him a physical. When it was pointed out that only a military physician could perform a pilot's flight physical, Bartlett's story shifted. He said the Guard was phasing out the F-102 on which Bush had trained, and therefore Bush had opted out of flying altogether. Reporters countered that the plane continued to fly at Ellington Air Force Base until 1974. The Bush campaign tweaked the explanation yet again, saying that the Air National Guard in Alabama didn't have the F-102, so he saw no reason to maintain his flight status during his transfer.

These shifting explanations only intensified the scrutiny and led to questions about what else could have caused Bush's loss of flight status.

http://readersupportednews.org/opinion2/276-7...

Lapeer, MI

#1044578 Dec 18, 2013
flack wrote:
November warmest since 1880. Problem is they started keeping records in 1880. SO! The question is without satellites, airplanes, telephones, internet, and digital thermometers how do we know the records are correct?
I see one minor problem. They are using a base period of 1981-2010.
it also says it beat 2004 as the hottest. The planet hasn't warmed since 2004.
I call BS.
Oh yeah . Doesn't it seem odd that where it was the hottest is also in the middle of nowhere?
And then there's the problem of accuracy. Not only were thermometers of the 1880 inaccurate compared to today's measuring devices but also the people reading them were often untrained bucks. I've read about how sailors would routinely go topside to take readings with a bucket of water and a mercury bulb on a tossing deck in a Winter windstorm. They'd run out and run back in within seconds.

These measurements are included in today's computerized weather data models. When confronted with these problems of ancient inaccuracies, the PC climatologists respond that they have found mathematical formulas to overcome these inaccuracies.

Sure, azhole.
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1044579 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
sorry FOX.
The best and worst liars in 2013

Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year award... beats out Ann Coulter....

It's the culture....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1044580 Dec 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sounds like a reasonable compromise...
so you won't mind paying more at the pump?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1044581 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
you're not paying for it.
all taxpayers are paying for the increased Medicaid and the ObamaKKKare subsidies...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1044583 Dec 18, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
at the present time, the Robertsons have a better brand than Tiger...and Galt is a Tiger fan...
actually we had it wrong. they're worth $400 million.

half of it in Walmart merchandising. remember what happened to Paula Deen?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1044584 Dec 18, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Welfare
Marco Rubio took the $10,000 subsidy; so did Boehner
No Surprize

Largo, FL

#1044585 Dec 18, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nice try but FOX is the king of BS.
You commie ghetto retards all the time bent over and punked by No Surprize Fox News, obama bin Lyin, someone or something you loser.....

I suppose Race Cop Al Sharpton, Hateful Madcow and MSNBC are all about facts and truth you dumbass...

LOL...

It's the culture...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1044586 Dec 18, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone emptied your colostomy bag into it.
That's why.
Baawwaahhh!!!!!

But he's "smarter" than everyone else, just like DumbDave is!

Good one!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 hr Julia 12,209
Word (Dec '08) 14 hr Julia 6,961
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 14 hr Julia 1,059
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 3,805
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 hr Julia 2,568
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 17 hr SumGuy 218
News 'It's just really strange': Who is beheading th... 18 hr 9rivers 5

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages