Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043472 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I can ignore most of Sonic's idiotic links- it is when he tries to wing it and sounds as dumb as Yeah that he becomes irritating.
lol! poor baby. it probably sounds dumb to you because it involves facts...

... something you're not accustomed to !!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043473 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent observation
The only ones "impossible to deal with" on Capital Hill have a D beside their names.

You and Homer are confused as well about the system of government that we have. It's a two-party system. Not we're right and we want our way and we know what's best and the Republicans won't give us everything we want.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043474 Dec 17, 2013
Bitcoin extends decline to $722 on China woes

Bitcoin which was touted as being a new international coin for the internet hits some problems

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/thetell/2013/12/...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043475 Dec 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Many times, they don't even cite a source.
They simply perpetuate a myth without checking... and they pray their word gets accepted!
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."

Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda. of whom Rush seems to be a indirect descendant.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043476 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
repeating your yarns?
Just repeating Jim Brown, NFL Hall of Famer, who campaigned for Obama.

Some people apparently know when they were wrong. And others don't.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043477 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, Jim Brown the expert who probably has had how many concussions? A footballer is the expert on the Presidency now?
A black man speaking out against Obama must always be brutally criticized because...
well he is a traitor.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043478 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Did it stop the bombing?
The bombs weren't real; however, the intent was there so one could say that if he did have real explosives he would have done it.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1043479 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh, Jim Brown the expert who probably has had how many concussions? A footballer is the expert on the Presidency now?
LOL! Whatever....
President Obama's Top 50 Accomplishments!
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/mar...
Jim Brown is a man, not a boy....
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1043480 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Oct 2008 Bush Republican Stock market Crash.
Dec 2013 Obama Democratic Lie of the Year Award
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043481 Dec 17, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
I know where this is going..
The ole ' your guy sucks and my guy don't' schtick!!!!
Obama sucked. for awhile.

Since Barack Obama became president, the extremists who have taken over the Republican Party have escalated their demands every time he’s caved, using the entire government of the United States as their bargaining chit.

In 2010 he agreed to extend all of the Bush tax cuts through the end of 2012. Were they satisfied? Of course not.

In the summer of 2011, goaded by an influx of Tea Partiers, they demanded huge spending cuts in return for raising the debt ceiling. In response, the President offered an overly-generous $4 trillion “Grand Bargain,” including cuts in Social Security and Medicare and whopping cuts in domestic spending (bringing it to its lowest level as a share of gross domestic product in over half a century).

Were Republicans content? No. When they demanded more, Obama agreed to a Super Committee to find bigger cuts, and if the Super Committee failed, a “sequester” that would automatically and indiscriminately slice everything in the federal budget except Social Security and Medicare.

Not even Obama’s re-election put a damper on their increasing demands. By the end of 2012, they insisted that the Bush tax cuts be permanently extended or the nation would go over the “fiscal cliff.” Once again, Obama caved, agreeing to permanently extend the Bush tax cuts for incomes up to $400,000.

Early this year, after the sequester went into effect, Republicans demanded even bigger spending cuts. Obama offered more cuts in Medicare and a “chained CPI” to reduce Social Security payments, in exchange for Republican concessions on taxes.

Refusing the offer, and seemingly delirious with their power to hold the nation hostage, they demanded that the Affordable Care Act be repealed as a condition for funding the government and again raising the debt ceiling.

This time, though, Obama didn’t cave — at least, not yet.

The government is shuttered and the nation is on the verge of defaulting on its debts. But public opinion has turned sharply against the Republican Party. And the GOP’s corporate and Wall Street backers are threatening to de-fund it.

Suddenly the Republicans are acting like the school-yard bully who terrorized the playground but finally got punched in the face. They’re in shock. They’re humiliated. They’re trying to come up with ways of saving face.

With bloodied nose, House Republicans are running home. They’ve abruptly turned negotiations over to their Senate colleagues.

http://robertreich.org/post/63873198693

but he finally grew a set. something Bush never had to do. the Cheney Rove duo had it covered.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043482 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I can ignore most of Sonic's idiotic links- it is when he tries to wing it and sounds as dumb as Yeah that he becomes irritating.
sonicmoron always trying to turn un-newsworthy superlative bias and exaggerated chicken shit websites into chicken salad bullshit...

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043483 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a very good point. I stand corrected.
Denzel Washington wrote out a personal check to Brook Army Medical Center in San Antonio, Texas, in 2009 after visiting the troops with his family.
Obama rarely even acknowledges our troops. They are just another pawn in his legacy.
liar
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1043484 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent observation
If you like your doctor, you can't keep your doctor. Period.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043485 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it."
Dr. Joseph Goebbels, Hitler's minister of propaganda. of whom Rush seems to be a indirect descendant.
"See in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda."

GWB
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043486 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Goebbel's rule apparently did not work out for the Obama admin.

"If you like your insurance, you can keep it"

Maybe people are no longer easily victimized by Marxist tactics.
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1043487 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
A C A must be working
if you are back to Birfoon posts?
If you like your health plan, you can't keep your health plan. Period.
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1043488 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
LOL! Whatever....
President Obama's Top 50 Accomplishments!
http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/magazine/mar...
lily prefers to be the inebriated expert on the presidency now. LOL
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043489 Dec 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
What idiot expects a low income to pay a mortgage, moron.
What illegal war? As I recall, the Arab Islamists started a war with the United States... well, that's what happened on this planet.
idiot.....

"Freddie Mac recently began 25 initiatives around the country to dismantle barriers and create greater opportunities for homeownership. One of the programs is designed to help deserving families who have bad credit histories to qualify for homeownership loans."

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

illegal....

Iraq war illegal, says Annan

The United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan has told the BBC the US-led invasion of Iraq was an illegal act that contravened the UN charter.

He said the decision to take action in Iraq should have been made by the Security Council, not unilaterally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/3661134.stm
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043490 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what do you make of Michelle Obama announcement at an event a few years ago that Obama visited his "home country" of "Kenya"?
According to the Merriam-Webster dictionary, "home country" is defined as "the land of a person's birth, residence or citizenship."
It is also defined as "the country in which a person was born and usually raised, regardless of the present country of residence and citizenship."
Did Michelle Obama not know the definition of "home country"? Or was it a Freudian slip?
Answer the question. And don't say Merriam-Webster is dumb. Or shoot the messenger.
Surely, you have a logical answer.
I do not make anything of it, Homer not a birther. Some of his ancestors are Kenyan so not really anything extraordinary to say.

Now if I were a birther and I heard that I would lose my fcking mind.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043491 Dec 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>sonicmoron always trying to turn un-newsworthy superlative bias and exaggerated chicken shit websites into chicken salad bullshit...
It's the culture...
Everyone knows his sites are either opinion or paid for by fellow Progressives. He is a hypocrite whining about KNOWN news sources.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 9 min DonPanic 51,492
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr JRB 184,951
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 5 hr Not Yet Equal 51,359
Abby 2-28-15 5 hr Mister Tonka 8
vmware certification VCP550D books 5 hr vmwareexams 1
Chicago's black voters key as Garcia battles to... 7 hr okimar 8
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 69,115
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:12 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:12AM
Buzz: Colts Eyeing Trades for Veteran WRs Including Marshall
Bleacher Report 1:14 PM
Could Bears Ever Get Fair Trade Value for Forte?
Bleacher Report 1:40 PM
Wayne Undergoes Surgery on Triceps
NFL 2:44 PM
Reggie Wayne had surgery, mulling Colts future
Bleacher Report 8:57 PM
Bears' Blueprint for Winning Free Agency