Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404995 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043972 Dec 17, 2013
Never thought I'd quote James Carville to speak for myself...but here goes...

"We're about to die down here!"

Orlando, FL

#1043973 Dec 17, 2013
A new poll from the Associated Press-GfK shows nearly half of respondents say their policies are changing for the worse in 2014 with 69% reporting their premiums are going up and 59% say their annual deductibles or copayments are increasing. Seventy-seven percent of those surveyed say they blame the president’s signature health-care legislation. blame changes on the ACA.

The poll also finds 75% of people say the rollout of the insurance marketplaces has gone poorly and that health care will remain a hot-button issue heading into the next election cycle.

Last April, according to an ABC News article, 42% didn't even know Obamacare was law.

(Just wait until THEY wake up and smell the coffee....!)

Orlando, FL

#1043974 Dec 17, 2013
Well...did I win last man posting?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043975 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Never thought I'd quote James Carville to speak for myself...but here goes...
"We're about to die down here!"
Without context, it leaves it up to some assumptions about the meaning.

Orlando, FL

#1043976 Dec 17, 2013
Of course, Carville actually said, "We're about to die down he-ah!"

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1043977 Dec 17, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
cracked
your empty head?
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043978 Dec 17, 2013
Insanity wrote:
PASS IT ON!! A post from the Obamacare Website:
"I actually made it through this morning at 8:00 A.M. I have a preexisting condition (Type 1 Diabetes) and my income base was 45K-55K annually.
I chose tier 2 "Silver Plan" and my monthly premiums came out to $597.00 with $13,988 yearly deductible!!!
There is NO POSSIBLE way that I can afford this so I "opted-out" and chose to continue along with no insurance
I received an email tonight at 5:00 P.M. informing me that my fine would be $4,037 and could be attached to my yearly income tax return.
Then you make it to the "REPERCUSSIONS PORTION" for "non-payment" of yearly fine.
First, your driver's license will be suspended until paid, and if you go 24 consecutive months with "Non-Payment" and you happen to be a home owner, you will have a federal tax lien placed on your home.
You can agree to give your bank information so that they can easy "Automatically withdraw" your "penalties" weekly, bi-weekly or monthly!
This by no means is "Free" or even "Affordable."
All lies, debunked. You teabaggers believe anything. Brainless idiots.
Lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043979 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Just for the record, I stand solidly behind the National Black Republican Association.
It's time to impeach.
One member

Orlando, FL

#1043980 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Without context, it leaves it up to some assumptions about the meaning.
Carville was talking about the oil spill and quite upset with Obama - praising Romney for being in Louisiana during that crisis and caring more than Obama.

But just like the way he said it. "We're about to die down he-ah!"

My sentiments exactly but on a bigger scale.

Orlando, FL

#1043981 Dec 17, 2013
When are more Americans going to start saying what the National Black Republican Association boldly said - what needs to be said?

(Or am I just talking to myself?)
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043982 Dec 17, 2013
Doomsday poll: still a 98% risk of 2014 stock crash

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/doomsday-pol...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043983 Dec 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The wealthy will never stand for it. They claim they support a "flat tax". Then turn around and state that they only support it as long as the deductions for higher education, gifts, charitable contributions and home mortgage interest remain. They just don't get it.
They get that the current administration, i.e. the progressive left, wants to take as much of their money away from them as possible.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043984 Dec 17, 2013
Lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
You haven't debunked anything. That stupid ploy died two weeks ago.

lily still proud of being the teabaggee -let's you know it almost every post.

Orlando, FL

#1043985 Dec 17, 2013
AP-GfK poll: Another worry about new health law:

Nearly half of those with job-based or other private coverage say their policies will be changing next year - mostly for the worse. Nearly 4 in 5 (77 percent) blame the changes on the Affordable Care Act, even though the trend toward leaner coverage predates the law's passage.

Sixty-nine percent say their premiums will be going up, while 59 percent say annual deductibles or copayments are increasing.

Only 21 percent of those with private coverage said their plan is expanding to cover more types of medical care, though coverage of preventive care at no charge to the patient has been required by the law for the past couple of years.

Fourteen percent said coverage for spouses is being restricted or eliminated, and 11 percent said their plan is being discontinued

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_HEA...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1043986 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like music to my ears. Please indulge me.
“We, black American citizens, in order to free ourselves and our fellow citizens from governmental tyranny do herewith submit these Articles of Impeachment to Congress for the removal of President Barack H. Obama, aka, Barry Soetoro, from office for his attack on liberty and commission of egregious acts of despotism that constitute high crimes and misdemeanors.”.
The articles go on to remind us of what our founders did in 1776:
“When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”– Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776.
Then there's the list of Articles. I'll post them in another post.
Bush list.....

Article I
Creating a Secret Propaganda Campaign to Manufacture a False Case for War Against Iraq.

Article II
Falsely, Systematically, and with Criminal Intent Conflating the Attacks of September 11, 2001, With Misrepresentation of Iraq as a Security Threat as Part of Fraudulent Justification for a War of Aggression.

Article III
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction, to Manufacture a False Case for War.

Article IV
Misleading the American People and Members of Congress to Believe Iraq Posed an Imminent Threat to the United States.

Article V
Illegally Misspending Funds to Secretly Begin a War of Aggression.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/20...

read the rest if you have time. there are 35 of them.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043987 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
A new poll from the Associated Press-GfK shows nearly half of respondents say their policies are changing for the worse in 2014 with 69% reporting their premiums are going up and 59% say their annual deductibles or copayments are increasing. Seventy-seven percent of those surveyed say they blame the president’s signature health-care legislation. blame changes on the ACA.
The poll also finds 75% of people say the rollout of the insurance marketplaces has gone poorly and that health care will remain a hot-button issue heading into the next election cycle.
Last April, according to an ABC News article, 42% didn't even know Obamacare was law.
(Just wait until THEY wake up and smell the coffee....!)
Hmmm, isn't those who approve of Obama in the low 40s.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043988 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
AP-GfK poll: Another worry about new health law:
Nearly half of those with job-based or other private coverage say their policies will be changing next year - mostly for the worse. Nearly 4 in 5 (77 percent) blame the changes on the Affordable Care Act, even though the trend toward leaner coverage predates the law's passage.
Sixty-nine percent say their premiums will be going up, while 59 percent say annual deductibles or copayments are increasing.
Only 21 percent of those with private coverage said their plan is expanding to cover more types of medical care, though coverage of preventive care at no charge to the patient has been required by the law for the past couple of years.
Fourteen percent said coverage for spouses is being restricted or eliminated, and 11 percent said their plan is being discontinued
The polls are dismal for Obamacare.

69% reporting increase premiums.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1043989 Dec 17, 2013
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 47% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Obama's job performance. Fifty-two percent (52%) disapprove.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...

Orlando, FL

#1043990 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>

When did the Associated Press become part of the tea party?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043991 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
The only thing about the ACA that has been "debunked" is that we can keep our plans and doctors.

The rest of the mess is under the discretionary powers of Sebelius.

"In the coming years, if she remains in office, she'll be able to determine what type of insurance coverage every American is required to have. She can influence what hospitals can participate in certain plans, can set up health insurance exchanges within states against their will, and even regulate McDonald's Happy Meals.

She'll run pilot programs that Democrats have set up in an effort to control costs, and be in a position to dole out billions of dollars in grant money."

Democrat voters were idiots to hand health care over to the government.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 219,585
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Tip Stixx 38
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 103,234
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr dGo mnaDed lyHo i... 60,662
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,258
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr PEllen 1,804
Word (Dec '08) 4 hr PEllen 6,562

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages