Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1043369 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would've helped if we had elected someone who knew what he was doing.
NFL star, Jim Brown, campaigned for Obama. He publicly admitted, "He's in over his head."
Some of us knew that even before the 2008 election. It was pretty obvious. So why didn't people like Jim Brown know that - before it was too late?
Because they wanted a black president and to hell with his policies and what they will do to this country. I could care less what color he is. I knew what a disaster he would be and so did most of the large and small business owners. They can deny this all they want but his candidacy and election is one of the two main reasons we are in this mess.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043370 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Economic Downturn and Legacy of Bush Policies Continue to Drive Large Deficits
http://www.cbpp.org/cms/...
Again, if you read the entire article, in the very first paragraph, "Federal deficits and debts have been sharply higher under President Obama..." even though Bush was blamed for the increased deficit because of the tax cuts and the two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The Afghanistan War continues under this president. 111 Democrats voted for the Iraq War and voted to fund it. This administration under a Democrat-controlled Congress expanded the Bush's tax cuts.

At the end of the article: "After more than four years in office, President Obama has continued some policies that began in the Bush era, blurring to some degree the assignment of responsibility for those policies’ budgetary effects."

Not only has Obama "continued some policies that began in the Bush era" but created his own that has now spiked the deficit to more than $17 trillion.

Bush cannot be blamed for the failed jobs stimulus under Obama, the bailouts of large corporations under Obama, the failed Cash for Clunkers program under Obama and especially the deficit-crippling and job-killing Obamacare under Obama.

Wonder if the CBO will acknowledge these failures which were NOT supported by Republicans while pointing out the Bush failures which WERE supported by Congressional Democrats.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043371 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nutjob domain?
no answer for that one eh? let me help you out....
Domain Name: foxnews.com
http://www.register.com/whois.rcmx
I am sure in your mind this proves something. All I see is someone acting childishly.

You pretended not to know what a domain registration was which you did but it was all you had so you tried to play stupid .

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1043372 Dec 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language.
One more time, dufus.
Spending adds to the debt. Without spending, there is no debt.
Where is the Democrats' plan to cut spending?
Where was the Republican plan to cut spending when they passed the Bush tax cuts?

Oh wait, there wasn't one.

But hey, that's OK because Dumbwaiters love Republicans that are big spenders like Paul Ryan,.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043373 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
A left think-tank. One thing about you Sonic is you violate all the rules that your fellow Progressives try to impose on the non-Progressives.
Some of the crazies- like you- try to claim known news sources can't be used.
Stop being a hypocrite and follow your own rules.
btw...a known news source can be cited. you should give it a shot.

Orlando, FL

#1043374 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Dumb.
Good morning, Homer.

CLEVELAND (CBS Cleveland)– NFL Hall of Famer Jim Brown believes President Barack Obama is in over his head as commander in chief.

The Cleveland Browns legend – who campaigned for Obama in Ohio – made the comments on Arsenio Hall’s show.

“I like his family, I like him as a human being,” Brown said.“But somehow it seems like he’s over his head and maybe he underestimated the system of government that we have.”

http://wncx.cbslocal.com/2013/12/11/jim-brown...

"He's underestimated the system of government that we have."

Is Jim Brown, NFL Hall of Famer, former Obama campaigner "dumb" too?

Chambersburg, PA

#1043375 Dec 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile... The Dept of Agriculture, asks us "Please do not feed the animals" as the animals may become dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.
Yes dumbass Dave is that stupid....
It's the culture,....
Here we go again, No Surprise is calling poor people not people but animals.

The right whiners are such a group of nice Christian folk.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043376 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan admin official....who helped write the book on supply side.
Blaming Obama for George W. Bush’s Policies
Although it was quickly overshadowed by his choice of Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate, Mitt Romney released an important document last week by his principal economic advisers that deserves more attention than it got. It is an audacious attempt to blame Barack Obama for the economic mistakes of George W. Bush and Republicans in Congress.
....So whatever caused the 2007-9 recession had to have resulted from policies that the Bush administration was responsible for – either by initiating them or failing to act against them.
Space prohibits a full discussion of these issues, but certainly one factor had to be the squandering of budget surpluses that resulted from the policies of the Bill Clinton administration and their replacement by huge deficits under President Bush.
Mr. Bush inherited a budget surplus of $236 billion from Mr. Clinton in 2000, which fell to $128 billion in 2001. By 2002, the federal government ran a budget deficit of $158 billion, which rose to $377 billion in 2003, and $413 billion in 2004. The deficit fell to $318 billion in 2005,$248 billion in 2006, and $161 billion in 2007, then shot up to $459 billion in 2008.
It should be noted as well that the fiscal 2009 budget was submitted to Congress by Mr. Bush in January 2008 and took effect on Oct. 1 of that year – almost four months before President Obama took office.
Thus the government was running historically large budget deficits long after the end of the 2001 recession. As I have previously documented, these deficits resulted to a large extent from legislated tax cuts during the Bush years.
http://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/14/...
<SPAM> <More Opinion> Not news...

Just can't fix a stupid hillbilly liberal..

It's the culture....
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043377 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, if you read the entire article, in the very first paragraph, "Federal deficits and debts have been sharply higher under President Obama..." even though Bush was blamed for the increased deficit because of the tax cuts and the two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
The Afghanistan War continues under this president. 111 Democrats voted for the Iraq War and voted to fund it. This administration under a Democrat-controlled Congress expanded the Bush's tax cuts.
At the end of the article: "After more than four years in office, President Obama has continued some policies that began in the Bush era, blurring to some degree the assignment of responsibility for those policies’ budgetary effects."
Not only has Obama "continued some policies that began in the Bush era" but created his own that has now spiked the deficit to more than $17 trillion.
Bush cannot be blamed for the failed jobs stimulus under Obama, the bailouts of large corporations under Obama, the failed Cash for Clunkers program under Obama and especially the deficit-crippling and job-killing Obamacare under Obama.
Wonder if the CBO will acknowledge these failures which were NOT supported by Republicans while pointing out the Bush failures which WERE supported by Congressional Democrats.
you spiel is so full of right wing myths that i don't even know where to start. but...

Don’t Tell Anyone, but the Stimulus Worked

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/16/opinion/sun...

and so forth.....

and why you keep hammering Obama about continuing the policies that you initially voted for is a mystery to me.

Chambersburg, PA

#1043378 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
Also needs repeated: The minimum wage also impedes job creation, as demonstrated by a recent American Action Forum analysis. Employers forced to pay more per hour for labor, makes it impossible for them to expand their workforce and make new hires. California's recent minimum wage increase to $10 per hour will result in a loss of almost 200,000 new jobs. If every state followed suit, more than 2.3 million jobs could disappear nationwide. With 11.3 million unemployed people currently looking for work, driving a wedge between no paycheck and any paycheck is irresponsible.
Flack had a tizzy fit : "Lmao!!! This came from the HuffPost! LMAO!!!"

Then posts something from a right wing political group about the minimum wage. Hypocrisy at its best.

Orlando, FL

#1043379 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Because they wanted a black president and to hell with his policies and what they will do to this country. I could care less what color he is. I knew what a disaster he would be and so did most of the large and small business owners. They can deny this all they want but his candidacy and election is one of the two main reasons we are in this mess.
All anyone had to do was look at his political resume and his past and present affiliations.

If he were white, he'd be a footnote in history.

He missed his calling. He should have gone to Hollywood - and auditioned. They would have loved him. He might have been the next Denzel Washington.

But Denzel Washington was no more qualified to become the President of the United States that Barack Obama.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043380 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure in your mind this proves something. All I see is someone acting childishly.
You pretended not to know what a domain registration was which you did but it was all you had so you tried to play stupid .
if it seems i'm playing stupid.....i'm just trying to relate.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043381 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Reagan admin official....who helped write the book on supply side.
Blaming Obama for George W. Bush’s Policies
Although it was quickly overshadowed by his choice of Representative Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin as his running mate, Mitt Romney released an important document last week by his principal economic advisers that deserves more attention than it got. It is an audacious Republicans in Congress.
You really need to focus!

You were criticized for using Progressive sites while being a hypocrite and demanding non-Progressives not use KNOWN news sources.

Please respond to that.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043382 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
Agriculture is a major industry in the United States, and the country is a net exporter of food.
As of the last census of agriculture in 2007, there were 2.2 million farms, covering an area of 922 million acres (3,730,000 km2), an average of 418 acres (1.69 km2) per farm.
Although agricultural activity occurs in most states, it is particularly concentrated in the vast expanse of flat, arable land known as the Great Plains, which encompasses the central region of the nation.
Like I said earlier, a child in the first grade knows how abundant and important farming is in the U.S..
lol! Wow. So.... you're saying there are a lot of welfare millionaires courtesy of the government?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043383 Dec 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile...the U.S. National Park Service, also part of the U.S. Dept of Agriculture, asks us "Please do not feed the animals" as the animals may become dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.
Yeah...liberals are that stupid.
It's the culture....
lol!

I love cons when they make themselves look stupid, they figure the best defense is a good offense so they push for better than idiot status!

I love this comedy channel!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043384 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your news sources are opinion sites you fool.. Try www.whois.com .

I will keep you on notice about all your lame cut-n-paste opinion sites..

You just can't fix a stupid liberal

It's the culture...
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043385 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Opinions don't require sources-nit wit.

Another idiotic, hypocritical Progressive rule.

You are Yeah?

Orlando, FL

#1043386 Dec 17, 2013
Bush was blamed for the increased deficit because of the tax cuts and the two wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

The Afghanistan War continues under this president. The Iraq War ended six years ago. 111 Democrats voted for the Iraq War and continued to vote to fund it. This administration under a Democrat-controlled Congress expanded the Bush's tax cuts.

What say you, sonic?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043387 Dec 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that there is a difference between a national park & national forest, right?
Didn't think so.
The National Park Service is under the Department of the Interior.
I posted a link to the DOI site where it lists the National Park Service as one of its responsibilities.
I can't believe you people are this uninformed & unable to learn
lol! Shhhhh! Their stupidity has been exposed.

Now they're in a panic for looking so in a very public manner.

So if intimidation doesn't work, they'll resort to dump and running in fear... as usual!!!
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043388 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to focus!
You were criticized for using Progressive sites while being a hypocrite and demanding non-Progressives not use KNOWN news sources.
Please respond to that.
i demanded what? when? it's not like you guys ever cite a right wing myth, so what known news source?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 57 min JOEL 71,561
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 185,148
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 3 hr Just Saying 54,548
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr femiguy 51,578
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr Moon Rhythm 5,088
mai hindu ladki hu mujhe muslim ladke se shadi ... 6 hr abdul 3
Ask Amy 3-5-15 7 hr Kuuipo 7
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:51 pm PST