Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1265120 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043525 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The one thing Carol is actually an expert on: Lying
Snowing here again today.
Nobody, NOBODY comes close to what you Democ-RATS do when it comes to lying.

Your presi-Dent Obama even has started lying to cover up his lies.

You have absolutely no room to talk, dirtbagger.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1043526 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
These are great:
"Spot on! Everything you just wrote about Jim Brown is correct. Ask his former girlfriend AND punching bag the actress, Brenda Sykes. I still remember the pictures of her black eyes and swollen, battered face plastered in the magazines during the seventies. This creature should be in prison rather than giving his useless opinion on talk shows. I think old Jim is trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
Why is Politico taking what this washed up football player/"actor" seriously? I know he is a citizen who has a constitutional right of free speech AND a right to his opinion, but REALLY! SMH!
President Obama will be remembered as one of the great ones in spite of the machinations of the Republican/teabaggers."
Jim Brown, the greatest running back in NFL history, now road kill under the Obama bus....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043527 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The one thing Carol is actually an expert on: Lying
Snowing here again today.
The one thing we do know is you support every Progressive program, every Progressive candidate and join in on every Progressive racist rant here.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043528 Dec 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You know what's even funnier son?
bushie boy gets troops hurt but was ill prepared to address the wounded.
bushie boy didn't acknowledge the troops until the issue got out of hand. that's why he had very little funding early.
Bush can be criticized for not anticipating the aggressive response from insurgents and al Qaeda. But that war ended six years ago - thanks to the surge and Bush's courage to make that decision.

Today's veterans are not receiving their benefits.

Do you have any idea as to why?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1043529 Dec 17, 2013
Saving money by eliminating staff is by no means a novel concept, and for anyone who has eaten a burger at McDonald’s knows it has been decades since human hands have played a role in shaping burger patties. The revolutionary Momentum Machines promises to automate the entire burger making process while adding customized options that aren’t currently available to fast food restaurants. Not only does their machine form and cook patties but it also slices the toppings to order, assembles the burger and even bags it up for waiting customers. As an added bonus the company promises that their technology will allow for the custom patties, composed of meat ground to order and combined in whatever combination the diner so desires.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043530 Dec 17, 2013
Bad day for the Obama NSA. A federal judge ruled its spying program unconstitutional, finally giving document leaker, Edward Snowden, a chance to say, "I told you so."
P N A

Palm Coast, FL

#1043531 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I really don't give a fk what Jim Brown says; but, you do on ahead and make him an honorary teabagger!!!
Your alcohol isn't working; try Clorox.

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1043532 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thought you said you liked Jim Brown.
That was before he dissed her god Obama!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043533 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
No, there has been more than one black man and every time you have acted like the racist goof ball you are.
idiots like lily listen to everything but only believe and hear what you want to!!!

It's the culture....

Orlando, FL

#1043534 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I just gave you my thoughts.
I know who started it and when they realized it was bogus they moved on.
Rightwingers hear something and they never let it go, they are the most stubborn jackasses on the planet.
Notice the source is ABC News. Not Fox.

"A possible source of the so-called 'birther' issue--or at least a potential cause of the rumors that have dogged President Barack Obama--has been identified.

"Obama's former literary agency misidentified his birthplace as Kenya while trying to promote the then-Harvard Law grad as an author in 1991.

"According to a promotional booklet produced by the agency, Acton & Dystel, to showcase its roster of writers, Obama was 'born in Kenya and raised in Indonesia and Hawaii.'"

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/OTUS/born-keny...

That seems a bit odd. They ended up backpedaling saying it was "fact check error".

But Obama surely would have approved his own biography before going into print.

So why did he lie then? And not now?

Anxiously awaiting your response.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043535 Dec 17, 2013
Evil rich...wait...a minute...

NO NO NO NO!!!!!!

"Should GM repay $10B rescue cost? CEO says no"

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2013...

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1043536 Dec 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...works smarter and harder than the greedy folks that will be replaced....
Oh it gets better!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043537 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The one thing we do know is you support every Progressive program, every Progressive candidate and join in on every Progressive racist rant here.
I do? I voted for Charlie Dent. GFY

Orlando, FL

#1043538 Dec 17, 2013
P N A wrote:
<quoted text> President Obama will be remembered as one of the greatest liars since being awarded "Lie of the Year". LOL
History will not be kind to this president. The liberal media will not be able to protect him from historians.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043539 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
Fast Food Robot Builds The Perfect Burger
San Francisco-based robotics startup, Momentum Machines aims to revolutionize the fast food industry with an automated burger machine. While preparing for the launch of their new restaurant chain, they don’t have to worry about potential chefs because they plan to start the world’s first “smart restaurant” chain where all cooking is done entirely by robots. The company proudly boasts on its product page:“Our alpha machine replaces all of the hamburger line cooks in a restaurant. It does everything employees can do except better.”
Homer is a liberal robot, pre-programmed with liberal nonsense.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043540 Dec 17, 2013
I've ever met a Progressive racist, I have met plenty of rightwing ones however. Although I think when talking about rightwingers racism is assumed.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043541 Dec 17, 2013
P N A wrote:
<quoted text> President Obama will be remembered as one of the greatest liars since being awarded "Lie of the Year". LOL
Obama will be remembered as a liar and the worst and most Anti-American President ever.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh-hstry.htm

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1043542 Dec 17, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Jim Brown, the greatest running back in NFL history, now road kill under the Obama bus....
I met him once. He came to my high school.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043543 Dec 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about these facts, dumbass.
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_s...
the fact that his charts show that spending is down is of some concern?

maybe you missed this....

Obama Channels Eisenhower With Anemic Government Spending Growth

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell says it’s time for the president to “get serious about spending.” The budget numbers suggest Barack Obama already has, with beneficial effects on the deficit.

Federal outlays over the past three years grew at their slowest pace since 1953-56, when Dwight D. Eisenhower was president. Expenditures as a share of the economy sank last year to 22.8 percent, their lowest level since 2008, according to Congressional Budget Office data. That’s down from 24.1 percent in 2011 and a 64-year high of 25.2 percent in 2009, when Obama pushed through an $831 billion stimulus package.

“If you strip out the stimulus, discretionary spending over the last few years has been quite modest and is scheduled to go to levels we haven’t experienced in modern times,” Robert Reischauer, a former director of the CBO, said in an interview.“Obama signed on to that,” partly in response to Republican pressure.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-01-22/obam...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043544 Dec 17, 2013
In fact I met one on the way back from the Army/Navy game, we were discussing what is wrong with America and this backwood rightwing hillbilly in the group stated matter of factly: N***ers!
Homer just looked away in disgust.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 24 min RACE 100,327
abby8-5-15 27 min RACE 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min RACE 6,265
Word (Dec '08) 38 min RACE 5,387
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Jacques Ottawa 194,838
abby8-4-15 9 hr Kuuipo 13
amy 8-4 10 hr mrs gladys kravitz 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages