Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382536 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1043700 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> I agree.That is one of the major problem this country has. A person should be encouraged to gain wealth and better their families position in life. The libtard tax insanity keeps people down and poor. An average American is now paying 65% of their income in taxes and the libtards still want more. where does it stop? The fair Tax and get rid of ALL other taxes. The only answer.
Gaining wealth is nice but I'd burn it all before I let some creep take it all away to give it to someone else during peacetime.

http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/arti...

Like paying taxes isn't enough that they want to take everything now? If I'm going to be forced to starve at least I can make sure nobody else will eat what I struggled to supply to my family. Fk em.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1043701 Dec 17, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dummy! Same question:
What did Ted Cruz filibuster about?
You really are one stoooopid f*cker.
Ted Cruz rocks!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1043702 Dec 17, 2013
Het Dumbo Davey!

Did Bush "abandon" Afghanistan?
RUSH10ME

Saluda, VA

#1043703 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I know the place. Use to go there all the time. Don't know the last time you were there but he may have been moved. They are building a new Steel bridge. That thing is huge! But they may have torn those building down.
Perkins and the church next door are still there , he's getting older [like the rest of us] millions of dollars laying all over the ground there in scrap alone , god only knows how much in inventory , the powers that be in Chesapeake fly over his place from time to time and order him to clean it up , but thats the only way they can see it so he tells them to stick it . They just can't help but to stick their nose where it does not belong .

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1043704 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It would've helped if we had elected someone who knew what he was doing.
NFL star, Jim Brown, campaigned for Obama. He publicly admitted, "He's in over his head."
Some of us knew that even before the 2008 election. It was pretty obvious. So why didn't people like Jim Brown know that - before it was too late?
Because people like Jim Brown are racist pigs like Oprah and millions of Welfare moochers. That's why.

This is the short answer.

The in-depth answer gets much more disturbing.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1043705 Dec 17, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ted Cruz rocks!
We finally agree!
Ted Cruz's lunacy will bring down the Republican party!
God bless Ted Cruz.

Lapeer, MI

#1043706 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
Carl Sagan's message to future explorers of Mars will cold-cock you right in the touchy feelies
A few months before he died, Carl Sagan recorded a moving message which he dedicated to future explorers and settlers of Mars. A brief excerpt of that recording has been making the rounds on the internet since early Monday morning, in the form of the quote featured up top — but Sagan's entire message is a little more difficult to come by. We've tracked it down for you, and included it below, along with a transcript.
Fair warning: you might want to have some tissues on hand. Sagan was passionate about the exploration of Mars, establishing a human presence there, and venturing out into our solar system and beyond; and that passion really comes through in the recording.
Hi, I'm Carl Sagan. This is a place where I often work in Ithaca, New York near Cornell University. Maybe you can hear, in the background, a 200-foot waterfall right nearby, which is probably — I would guess — a rarity on Mars, even in times of high technology.
Science and science fiction have done a kind of dance over the last century, particularly with respect to Mars. The scientists make a finding. It inspires science fiction writers to write about it, and a host of young people read the science fiction and are excited, and inspired to become scientists to find out more about Mars, which they do, which then feeds again into another generation of science fiction and science; and that sequence has played major role in our present ability to get to Mars. It certainly was an important factor in the life of Robert Goddard, the American rocketry pioneer who, I think more than anyone else, paved the way for our actual ability to go to Mars. And it certainly played a role in my scientific development.
I don't know why you're on Mars. Maybe you're there because we've recognized we have to carefully move small asteroids around to avert the possibility of one impacting the Earth with catastrophic consequences, and, while we're up in near-Earth space, it's only a hop, skip and a jump to Mars. Or, maybe we're on Mars because we recognize that if there are human communities on many worlds, the chances of us being rendered extinct by some catastrophe on one world is much less. Or maybe we're on Mars because of the magnificent science that can be done there - the gates of the wonder world are opening in our time. Maybe we're on Mars because we have to be, because there's a deep nomadic impulse built into us by the evolutionary process, we come after all, from hunter gatherers, and for 99.9% of our tenure on Earth we've been wanderers. And, the next place to wander to, is Mars. But whatever the reason you're on Mars is, I'm glad you're there. And I wish I was with you.
L
" And I wish I was with you."

You are, Carl. You are.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1043707 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not the point; the point is that he's an almost 80 year old football player; who cares what he says?
You do; and the rightwingers do, why? Because he's a black man saying something about the President. He called LBJ a conservative! He didn't say anything terribly bad and probably isn't bright enough to realize that anything he may say will blow up all over rightwingville!!
The opposition to President Obama has been unprecedented. You have a do nothing Speaker and a do nothing congress; zero accomplishments.
And, despite that; President Obama has:
Delivered us a Healthcare Bill
Ended the Iraq war,
Equal Pay for women
Killed Bin Laden
Save the auto industry and on and on and on.
Who gives a fk about an old footballer?
The people elected him twice; he will go down as one of the greats, despite the whining of the white supremacists.
lily hates older people but loves to play the race card, especially when she is intoxicated, which is 24/7. If Obama goes down as all, which he is, it will be as the biggest LIAR president who told the "Lie of the Year". Amazing, he's even a bigger liar than "I did not have sex with that woman", lilyliar boca ratonliar Fl. LOL
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1043709 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes I do, they were delicious.
Early Happy Hour in Boca

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1043710 Dec 17, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Perkins and the church next door are still there , he's getting older [like the rest of us] millions of dollars laying all over the ground there in scrap alone , god only knows how much in inventory , the powers that be in Chesapeake fly over his place from time to time and order him to clean it up , but thats the only way they can see it so he tells them to stick it . They just can't help but to stick their nose where it does not belong .
You are right about that. Not quite as bad as VB yet but they are working on it.

Time to go! Have a great day!!!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1043711 Dec 17, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
We finally agree!
Ted Cruz's lunacy will bring down the Republican party!
God bless Ted Cruz.
Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year award... beats out Ann Coulter....

Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014 you ignorant dumbasss... in 3 more years you idiot, Obama bin Lyin will lose democRATS the POTUS in 2016 you idiot..

It's the culture....

Lapeer, MI

#1043712 Dec 17, 2013
<quoted text>
Oh wow, now all you idiots found one black man to say something and you're going to glon onto it and create something out of it that is not there.
Jim Brown can make all the comparisons he wants between Kennedy and LBJ; however;
they were not black. That is the difference. And, if Jim Brown is too dense to get it, then he's been hit in the head with the football too many times.
And you've been hit in the head by the Dumpster Lid too many times.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043713 Dec 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Tea Party is a pack of dumb sh*ts who have no understanding of the economy.
Typical liberal democrat ignorance on display. You're well a trained proglodyte.

"Dumb sh*ts" with "no understanding of the economy" simply because ideology differs.

Lapeer, MI

#1043714 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the lull. But this president better enjoy his Christmas vacation because all heck is going to break loose after January 1.
This level of incompetency isn't going to go away like the other ones.
It is bizarre how unaffected he is by his inept failures, his being caught in hundreds of lies and unbecoming juvenile behavior. He knows that Valerie is running the Store and he's absolutely confident that the Liberal MSM will cover his azz in all possible scenarios.

So he's a boy at play.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1043716 Dec 17, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see now...
The problem is a lack of money caused by the Democrats' CRA failure devaluing investments across the board.
The Democrats' answer is to take more money from the economy.
Sign on a vending machine outside Obama's office:
TEST YOUR STUPIDITY
insert $100
When he has nothing to say, Dumbwaiter drags out the CRA excuse.

We were talking bout Bush cutting taxes at a time of war & you jumped to your CRA baloney.

Funny how that works, isn't it.

Lapeer, MI

#1043717 Dec 17, 2013
These are great:
"Spot on! Everything you just wrote about Jim Brown is correct. Ask his former girlfriend AND punching bag the actress, Brenda Sykes. I still remember the pictures of her black eyes and swollen, battered face plastered in the magazines during the seventies. This creature should be in prison rather than giving his useless opinion on talk shows. I think old Jim is trying to extend his 15 minutes of fame.
Why is Politico taking what this washed up football player/"actor" seriously? I know he is a citizen who has a constitutional right of free speech AND a right to his opinion, but REALLY! SMH!
President Obama will be remembered as one of the great ones in spite of the machinations of the Republican/teabaggers."
To *YOU*, lily, President Obama will be remembered as one of the great ones.

lily also considers Chris Brown and Traygone as a few more great ones.

Oh, yeah. Let's not forget Pee Wee Herman, right lily?
Bud

United States

#1043718 Dec 17, 2013
MUST READ FOR EVERY AMERICAN CITIZEN:

“The ruling by Judge Leon sets a very high bar if the government wants to continue NSA electronic surveillance of U.S. telephone conversations until the government has a chance to appeal,” Klayman said.“The judge made it clear that the NSA activities were suspect under the Fourth Amendment, would not be well received and could result in additional damages.”

Klayman brought the case on behalf of Charles Strange, the father of Michael Strange, a cryptologist technician for the NSA and a support personnel member of Navy SEAL Team 6.

Michael Strange was killed in Afghanistan when his helicopter was shot down in 2011.

Charles Strange, as a subscriber of Verizon Wireless, brought the case against the NSA, Department of Justice and several U.S. officials, including President Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.

The complaint alleges the government, with the participation of private telephone companies, has been conducting “a secret and illegal government scheme to intercept and analyze vast quantities of domestic telephonic communications.”

“The government, in its understandable zeal to protect our homeland, has crafted a counterterrorism program with respect to telephone metadata that strikes the balance based in large part on a 34-year-old Supreme Court precedent, the relevance of which has been eclipsed by technological advances and a cell phone-centric lifestyle heretofore inconceivable,” Judge Leon wrote.

Department of Justice officials said they are reviewing the court’s ruling.

Judge Leon admitted at an earlier hearing that his word probably would not be the last on the case against the NSA’s PRISM program, which the federal bureaucracy claims is essential to national security.

Damages in the billions of dollars are being sought.

Klayman said previously that Charles and Mary Anne Strange received emails from him that he never sent and even a text message from their dead son. Klayman suggested at the time that the NSA was communicating to him that it could do whatever it wants.

As WND reported, the administration claims the data collected is limited to records of phone calls and email and not the content of the transmissions. But Rep. Jerrold Nadler, D-N.Y., said he was “startled” to learn in a secret congressional briefing how NSA analysts can decide for themselves whether to access the content of a domestic phone call.

“If low-level personnel are using PRISM in this way, one can only imagine what high-level political appointees and supervisors are doing and are capable of doing on behalf of the Obama administration,” Klayman told WND.

Among the critics of NSA actions is Rep. Jim Sensenbrenner, R-Wis., who authored the Patriot Act. He argues the law does not give the NSA authority to collect the phone records of all Americans and is sponsoring legislation to ban it.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2013/12/stunning-revelatio ...

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1043720 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Typical liberal democrat ignorance on display. You're well a trained proglodyte.
"Dumb sh*ts" with "no understanding of the economy" simply because ideology differs.
It has nothing to do with ideologies.

2009,Tea Party morons wanted to cut spending. That's all they cried about. " OMG OMG OMG cut sending cut spending OMG OMG OMG"

What happens when you cut government spending during a recession?

That has to do with economics, not ideologies.

If the Tea Bagging morons had a brain, they would have been at Bush's throat when he slashed revenues while increasing spending.

Where the were you people then????
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043721 Dec 17, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
coward
Like these libs?
Some big celebrities are among the beneficiaries: taxpayer-funded farm subsidies for NBA star Scottie Pippen and billionaire media titan Ted Turner.
Superstar Jon Bon Jovi paid only $100 in property taxes last year on his extensive N.J. real estate holdings because he "raises bees" on it and gets farm subsidies.
Pictures: Jon Bon Jovi
Bruce "the Boss" Springsteen gets farm subsidies for leasing property to an organic farmer and Quincy Jones, who produced the top-selling album of all time, Michael Jackson's "Thriller," got a $25,000 award from the taxpayer-funded National Endowment for the Arts for his contribution to music.
Yes you are son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043722 Dec 17, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? The dems own the mortgage crisis lock, stock and smoking barrel.
Libs have been increasing the welfare state for close to 50 years, doing among other things , destroying the black family.
lol! no son. capitalism does! lock stock and barrel!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr CrunchyBacon 101,938
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 59,459
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2,034
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 976
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,497
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 2,405
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr PEllen 8,385
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages