Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1264723 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043319 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so you agree that Bush was a big spender who hurt the economy more than he helped?
you can try as much as you want with your right wing myths, but Bush is more responsible for the state of the economy than Obama. and it seems to me that the GOP wants to keep it that way. espousing failed policies as the only way to go is not helping the economy any more than when they were failing.
I agree that both Democrats and Republicans voted to fund both wars increasing the deficit. I agree that both Democrats and Republicans neglected to avoid the housing market crisis.
I agree that a Democrat-controlled Congress in 2007 and 2008 was just as responsible for the increased deficit until January 2011 for the increased deficit as Republicans before 2007.

The question is: Do you blame Democrats, Obama and Obamacare at all for the increased deficit?
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1043320 Dec 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, has it tripled? T R I P L E D. That is what your butt buddy said.
Come on Flacktard that was the GD question.
As for questions, the surge in debt was the direct result of the BUSH recession.
When the f*ck will you losers stand up & admit it for once in your pathetic little lives.
Flack: "OMG MG OMG Obama's debt OMG OMG OMG"
PATHETIC.
DO ya think that the Bush starting with a BALANCED BUDGET and Obama starting with a trillion dollar deficit might have something to do with it.
My God, Flack, get a brain
Flack supposed to get some active brain cells from you Duh a Vey?

You know what pathetic is-that goofy looking Christmas photo op ic. Made me think about some of those kinda people all the time whining about teenagers and chit.

And judging from that goofy quarter photo booth looking poser pic--looks like Malia needs to be the one giving lessons on composure and sensibility, when taking DC holiday photo op pics.

(you go girl!)
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043321 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
king?
Warrior King: The Case for Impeaching George Bush
What happens when a president violates the U.S. Constitution, resulting in the deaths of thousands? In Warrior-King, public interest lawyer John Bonifaz argues passionately that Bush did just that when he launched a first-strike invasion of Iraq without a congressional declaration of war. The framers of the Constitution, he argues, wanted to ensure that our presidents would not be like European kings of old who could decide, on their own volition, to send their subjects into battle.
http://www.amazon.com/Warrior-King-Case-Impea...
LOL, let's talk about the person who is in office now and stop dreaming about what you wished happen.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043322 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief Sonic, you are internet illiterate. What he is showing you is the info from domain registration. Every domain must register and the info is available to the public.
nutjob domain? little help?

i setup web sites for musicians. not so illiterate.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1043323 Dec 17, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So you admit that cutting taxes alone , as in the Bush tax cuts, adds to the debt.
You really need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language.

One more time, dufus.

Spending adds to the debt. Without spending, there is no debt.

Where is the Democrats' plan to cut spending?

Orlando, FL

#1043324 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
king?
What happens when a president violates the U.S. Constitution, resulting in the deaths of thousands? In Warrior-King, public interest lawyer John Bonifaz argues passionately that Bush did just that when he launched a first-strike invasion of Iraq without a congressional declaration of war. The framers of the Constitution, he argues, wanted to ensure that our presidents would not be like European kings of old who could decide, on their own volition, to send their subjects into battle.
The problem for liberals such as yourself is Obama has far outdone Bush in overstepping the Constitutional boundaries of Executive power and privilege.

Congress actually did give Bush permission to use military force in Iraq.

So the author of this book published misleading information.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043325 Dec 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text><SPAM>
PoliticusUSA was founded in February of 2008 by Jason Easley. Jason had a vision of a liberal opinion and essay....
Whois: Domain Name: POLITICUSUSA.COM
Creation Date: 2008-01-31 18:58:55Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2016-01-31 18:58:55Z
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Registrant Name: JASON EASLEY
Registrant Organization: POLITICUSUSA LLC
Registrant Street: 131 N 5TH ST
Registrant Street: APT # 2
Registrant City: INDIANA
Registrant State/Province: PA
Registrant Postal Code: 15701
Registrant Country: US
The fool posts from his apartment #2 and has an email with YAHOO.COM
Losers and crybaby you sonicmoron......
It's the culture...
reported
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043326 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Your right myths slogan expired two days ago. You will need a new whine as you broke this one due to abuse and misuse.
Just because you don't like a truth doesn't make it a myth except in your delusions.
truth?

so i will ask you just like i do your peers.......where is it? all i ever hear is noise with very little to back it up.

you folks are giving new meaning to 'talk is cheap'.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043327 Dec 17, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Like forcing abortion into teenagers without parents consent, right?
Speak English you freak
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043328 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
Also needs repeated: The minimum wage also impedes job creation, as demonstrated by a recent American Action Forum analysis. Employers forced to pay more per hour for labor, makes it impossible for them to expand their workforce and make new hires. California's recent minimum wage increase to $10 per hour will result in a loss of almost 200,000 new jobs. If every state followed suit, more than 2.3 million jobs could disappear nationwide. With 11.3 million unemployed people currently looking for work, driving a wedge between no paycheck and any paycheck is irresponsible.
The only reason Dems wants an increase In minimum wage is it also increases union wages the same amount across the board=more union dues collected=more money available for unions to donate to Dems and their PACs. It is a payoff to donors.

Follow the money and it will always show you the motives.
TheIndependentMa jority

Hazard, KY

#1043329 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
How many of dem dar blank boxes you gotta fill in fer 'em when they calls?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1043330 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, let's talk about the person who is in office now and stop dreaming about what you wished happen.
more than willing to do that.

problem is....right wing myths that totally blame Obama for the economy.

i've heard of voters remorse, but 5 years after the guy is out of office?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1043331 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
Also needs repeated: The minimum wage also impedes job creation, as demonstrated by a recent American Action Forum analysis. Employers forced to pay more per hour for labor, makes it impossible for them to expand their workforce and make new hires. California's recent minimum wage increase to $10 per hour will result in a loss of almost 200,000 new jobs. If every state followed suit, more than 2.3 million jobs could disappear nationwide. With 11.3 million unemployed people currently looking for work, driving a wedge between no paycheck and any paycheck is irresponsible.
What a load. If these corporations are paying their ceos hundreds of million dollar salaries and bonuses, they can pay their employees a higher wage.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043332 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
king?
<SPAM> Hate and Opinion.

WHOIS: http://www.johnbonifaz.com/

Description: John Bonifaz - Democrat for Massachusetts Secretary of State

Keywords: John Bonifaz, Bonifaz, Massachusetts Secretary of State, Massachusetts Secretary of the Commonwealth, Massachusetts, Secretary of State, Secretary of State Massachusetts, Secretary of the Commonwealth, voting rights, elections, AfterDowningStreet, Iraq war, impeachment

Tags: johnbonifaz, bonifaz, john, massachusetts, secretary, state, vote, democrat, galvin, reddit, post, voting, diebold, boston, campaign, commonwealth, issues, elections, blogs, rights, voters, com, press, votes, right, count, ryan, kennedy, mimi, thank, supposed, elect, home, featured, thenation, considers, contact, blog, progressive, war,

This website, which previously served as a failed campaign site, hate bush, bitter remorse tactics and dedicated to continuing to press for electoral reforms ...

It's the culture....
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1043333 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor job as a cover-up. You: what is that? Me; it is a domain registration
You: will of course, but, but, but,.....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043334 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
reported
retarded
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1043335 Dec 17, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
reported
LOL..

It's the culture...

Orlando, FL

#1043336 Dec 17, 2013
"It should go without saying that this is not an argument for Obama’s fiscal policy. The current President promised change, but he is continuing the wasteful and profligate policies of his big-spending predecessor. That is where critics should be focusing their attention."

http://www.cato.org/blog/dont-blame-obama-bus...

Published back in 2009. Sonic's source.

Obama cannot be blamed for the 2009 deficit - the content of that article. He can be blamed for the deficit following 2009, however.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1043337 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
The only reason Dems wants an increase In minimum wage is it also increases union wages the same amount across the board=more union dues collected=more money available for unions to donate to Dems and their PACs. It is a payoff to donors.
Follow the money and it will always show you the motives.
Don't forget withholding taxes.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1043338 Dec 17, 2013
Dumb Dave persists in making a fool of himself:
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ted Cruz filibustered the spending bill to fund the federal government at the start of the new fiscal year. He was not in the Senate when the ACA was passed.
Hey Dumb Dave!

Did Bush "abandon" Afghanistan?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby8-4-15 2 min RACE 3
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 194,766
amy 8-4 7 min RACE 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min Bad Bex 100,311
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 33 min CDC 52,072
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr RACE 5,384
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr RACE 6,261
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages