Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1404457 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043218 Dec 16, 2013
You can see beginning under the Commodity Program the list of crops that qualify for guaranteed base payment to ensure we have adequate supply of these crops -this is generally considered as farmer's subsidies

http://www.ers.usda.gov/media/356893/getdoc.p...

Other payouts include loans to small farmers, minority farmers and socially disadvantage farmers for start ups.

Also they provide crop insurance which would be comparable to flood insurance that non-farmers can pay for.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043219 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that the fool is attempting to excuse his idiocy by letting everyone know he's drinking beer? Funny stuff.
lol! Have you noticed how even in this condition, I'm still factually accurate and you're still a liar son?

And you don't deny it either!

It's amazing how that works!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043220 Dec 16, 2013
Ace wrote:
The are both under the 3. Executive Branch of government:
3.2 Dept. of Agriculture
3.10 Dept. of Interior
Cabinet level? Yes.
Ace

United States

#1043221 Dec 16, 2013
Ace wrote:
3.2 Dept. of Agriculture
3.10 Dept. of Interior
Dept of Forestry- Mgmt of Natural Resources is under the Dept of Agriculture:

http://www.usa.gov/directory/federal/departme...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043222 Dec 16, 2013
Ace wrote:
3.2 Dept. of Agriculture
3.10 Dept. of Interior
Yeah was confused why the Dept of Agriculture would appear on a National Park sign.

Both of departments have budgets and provide different services to maintain our national parks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043223 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Have you noticed how even in this condition, I'm still factually accurate and you're still a liar son?
And you don't deny it either!
It's amazing how that works!
You didn't know why the Dept of Agriculture appeared on Park Signs.

You confused conservation payments with commodity subsidies.

You don't know what conservation is and whined about a payment of 3 million total in one year. GMC just stuck us with 10 billion and those on your side said it was nothing.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043224 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah was confused why the Dept of Agriculture would appear on a National Park sign.
Both of departments have budgets and provide different services to maintain our national parks.
lol! It's your word against facts son.

So the confusion isn't mine... it's yours.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043225 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Here my confused little one. Another fact.

Try explaining this away without facts (as usual)

http://www.nps.gov/aboutus/budget.htm
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043226 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you noticed that the fool is attempting to excuse his idiocy by letting everyone know he's drinking beer? Funny stuff.
I show him that the Dept of Ag provide forest services and the moron asks where is Dept of Ag under the Interior -total mindless nonsense.

He knows now and I am done with him.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043227 Dec 16, 2013
Ace wrote:
<quoted text>
Dept of Forestry- Mgmt of Natural Resources is under the Dept of Agriculture:
http://www.usa.gov/directory/federal/departme...
Ace, Yeah will deny this as that is the person he is. Foolish nonsense.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043228 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I show him that the Dept of Ag provide forest services and the moron asks where is Dept of Ag under the Interior -total mindless nonsense.
lol! Who was talking about Forest services son?

It was national parks!

Focus, son, focus!!!!

You're not looking very smart and you certainly are looking confused!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043229 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! I know you have no idea of what you're talking about and finally realize you're looking pretty stupid.

And the best part is you did it all by your lonesome!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043230 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Dump and run!

Typical reich winger when caught in a lie of their own making.

No wonder you people can't get alone with anyone else....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043231 Dec 16, 2013
For idiots who believe something a first grader does, but doesn't know it's a lie......

"Cumulatively, USDA paid $10.6 billion—almost one-fourth of total direct payments from 2003 through 2011—to producers who did not, in a given year, plant any of the crop for which they had base acres. Specifically, during this period, producers cumulatively did not plant more than 633 million acres with the crops associated with their base acres in a given year. This amounted to an average of 70 million acres each year, or 26 percent of the 268 million base acres on average that are annually eligible for direct payments."

Seems like welfare to me. And seems the "work" is to 'not work'.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043232 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting (think it's about 2 weeks now) for the loser to show me the post he said I made calling for budget cuts while expanding the military. The alcohol abuse must be causing hallucinations.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043233 Dec 16, 2013
Agriculture is a major industry in the United States, and the country is a net exporter of food.

As of the last census of agriculture in 2007, there were 2.2 million farms, covering an area of 922 million acres (3,730,000 km2), an average of 418 acres (1.69 km2) per farm.

Although agricultural activity occurs in most states, it is particularly concentrated in the vast expanse of flat, arable land known as the Great Plains, which encompasses the central region of the nation.

Like I said earlier, a child in the first grade knows how abundant and important farming is in the U.S..
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1043234 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting (think it's about 2 weeks now) for the loser to show me the post he said I made calling for budget cuts while expanding the military. The alcohol abuse must be causing hallucinations.
Meanwhile...the U.S. National Park Service, also part of the U.S. Dept of Agriculture, asks us "Please do not feed the animals" as the animals may become dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.

Yeah...liberals are that stupid.

It's the culture....

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1043235 Dec 17, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Meanwhile...the U.S. National Park Service, also part of the U.S. Dept of Agriculture, asks us "Please do not feed the animals" as the animals may become dependent on handouts and not learn to take care of themselves.
Yeah...liberals are that stupid.
It's the culture....
I love right whiners. You can correct their posts by providing links & quotes from the links & yet they are too stupid to get it.

The National Park Service is under the Department of the Interior. Not Agriculture.

Newville, PA

#1043236 Dec 17, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>

Ray is anther right whiner denier. Ray, the party you support & the candidates you support voted to cut revenues at the time of war.

Just admit it. You re embarrassing yourself yet again.

Newville, PA

#1043237 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that there is a difference between a national park & national forest, right?

Didn't think so.

The National Park Service is under the Department of the Interior.

I posted a link to the DOI site where it lists the National Park Service as one of its responsibilities.

I can't believe you people are this uninformed & unable to learn

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 min Go Blue Forever 103,185
News Chicago police union asks cops to not volunteer... 40 min bozo 1
last post wins! (Dec '10) 49 min Red_Forman 2,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 50 min Red_Forman 1,248
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 219,526
News Filipino Food Megastore Seafood City Following ... 8 hr Guest 2
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 8 hr GEORGIA 1,800

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages