Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759117 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1043586 Dec 17, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Bush's fault.
How so? The dems own the mortgage crisis lock, stock and smoking barrel.

Libs have been increasing the welfare state for close to 50 years, doing among other things , destroying the black family.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043587 Dec 17, 2013
Goal part II

Progressive math is an odd bird!!!!!

Obammicare enrollments:

"Illinois, the president’s home state! Surely they’re ahead of the curve in getting folks enrolled and paid, right? They’re at 7,043… out of a goal of 143,000."

http://www.nationalreview.com/campaign-spot/3...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1043588 Dec 17, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Being a tight wad with your own money does not make you a fiscal conservative.
Show us the way. As a fiscal conservative and self proclaimed presidential candidate, tell us what Homer would cut from from the current government. And don't bloviate like Congress does, get specific. Or you know what, it's time for your break....take ten.... and we can get to this some other time.
Cue The Bolton
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043589 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Homer tries to imitate his racist, foul mouth bud lily.
That would explain why he is wearing culottes today.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043590 Dec 17, 2013
Progressives spike the football!!!!

"Even Kentucky, often cited as one of Obamacare’s shining success stories, is at 20,951… about 10 percent of the way to their goal of 220,000 enrolled"

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043591 Dec 17, 2013
Whatever wrote:
New AP Poll: 77% Blame Obamacare For Rising Health Insurance Cost
http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/201...
The other 23% WILL BE ON Medicaid[welfare]
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1043592 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Homer has never claimed to be a Libertarian. Where do you come up with this stuff?
Correct. Homer the liar has made at least two posts saying he is an "independent", not a "Libertarian".

We all know Homer is a scumbag Commie.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1043593 Dec 17, 2013
Conservatives Have No Idea What To Do About Recessions

For the last five years, liberals have promoted three main economic policies to shorten or ameliorate the Great Recession and speed the recovery from it.

Deficit-financed spending to compensate for demand gaps in the private sector.
Easy monetary policy to raise inflation and support demand.
Mortgage modifications to reduce foreclosures and support consumption.

Most conservatives hate this agenda. As Mike Konczal notes, they bizarrely portray these policies as "corporatist" efforts to enrich the rich. But what's really weird is conservatives have no alternative to this agenda they loathe.

To be clear, conservatives absolutely do have an economic policy agenda. They favor lower taxes, less regulation, government spending cuts, more domestic energy production, school choice, free trade, and low inflation. They often cite these policies as ones that might alleviate recession and speed recovery. They favor these policies now, they favored them in 2008, and they favored them in 2004.

That is, conservatives favor the same set of economic policies when the economy is weak and when it is strong; when unemployment is high and when it is low; when few homeowners are facing foreclosure and when many are. The implication is that conservatives believe there is nothing in particular the government should do about economic cycles.

This is a big problem. Recessions are terrible. They create enormous misery by throwing people out of work and out of their homes. How can a political ideology have nothing to say about how to address recessions?

Perhaps conservatives believe that conservative economic policies will prevent recessions, making it unnecessary to have policies aimed at addressing them. That view would involve a distinctly unconservative degree of hubris.

http://www.businessinsider.com/conservatives-...

The standard Republican answer for what to do about a bad economy is the same as their answer about what to do about a good economy. As with health care and bank regulation, economic recessions are a policy question to which conservatives have not the wrong answer, but no answer.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043594 Dec 17, 2013
Touchdown!

Mission Complete!!!!

Three pointer!

Field Goal!

Spike the Ball in the end zone!

ObammieKKKare!

"Eh, not really. Maryland’s at 3,758, with the goal of 150,000 far from sight.

Massachusetts is at 1,700, even further from their state goal of 250,000 paid enrollees.

Minnesota has hit 4,478… out of a goal of 67,000. Still trying to hit 10 percent'

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1043595 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Here we go, more lies.
It's the culture...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1043596 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I just do not care. Are you a birther too? Am I officially surrounded by birthers?
No, but you should be officially surrounded by psychiatric doctors and nurses.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043597 Dec 17, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO
republican leaders?
The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.
Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.
Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatisation, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.
“We missed a golden opportunity that would have avoided a lot of the problems we’re facing now, if we hadn’t had such a firm ideological position at the White House and the Treasury and the Fed,” Mr Oxley says.
http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8780c35e-7e91-11dd-...
He fumes about the criticism of his House colleagues.“All the handwringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”
you guys and your right wing myths.
Bush screwed up the economy. deal with it. the rest of us sure as hell are.
How is a n unemployed welfare mooching parasite like you "dealing" with it?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043598 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I know, I just do not care. Are you a birther too? Am I officially surrounded by birthers?
Not a birther here Homer, I see Obama more as a hatcher, seems to lay a lot of rotten eggs.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043599 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
You are beginning to sound like Nuc and his Waxmans

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043600 Dec 17, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> That was before he dissed her god Obama!
Thought that might've been it. Wasn't sure if I just misread one of her posts. Thought she posted something like she liked what Brown had said about Mike Tyson and wife beaters - or something along those lines.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1043601 Dec 17, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Well hells bells son! bushie boy did the same thing. And you're pres in waiting (Romney) did the same thing.
It's not like reich wingers captured the market on honesty.!
But apparently, that's the best you can do!
Fartsack, you need a fresh Depends, call the attendent to get you one. and stfu
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1043602 Dec 17, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush remained committed to ensuring all veterans receive the care and support they need from the Federal government. Under his leadership, the Administration has:
Dramatically Increased Funding To Support And Care For Those Who Have Served Our Nation
•Increased funding for veterans' medical care by more than 115 percent since 2001.
•FY 2009 funding for the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) totals more than $97 billion, nearly double the level of funding when the President took office and the highest level of support for veterans in history.
•Provided more than $6 billion to modernize and expand VA medical facilities and more than $1 billion over the past three years to support traumatic brain injury and post-traumatic stress disorder treatment and research.
•Honored our veterans with a hallowed, final resting place by implementing and fully funding the largest expansion in the national cemetery system since the Civil War.
Improved Care And Services For Wounded Warriors
•Created the Commission on Care for America's Returning Wounded Warriors – co-chaired by former Senator Bob Dole and former Health and Human Services Secretary Donna Shalala – to ensure that wounded service members and veterans receive quality care and services and can live lives of hope, promise, and dignity. Nearly all of the Commission's recommendations have already been implemented, such as:
&#9702;Expanded training, screening, and staff resources to help service members and veterans suffering from mental health disorders.
&#9702;Created a joint Recovery Coordinator Program for seriously injured service members.
&#9702;Initiated a pilot program to replace the cumbersome system of two separate disability examinations with a single, comprehensive medical exam.
•Established a Center of Excellence for Psychological Health and Traumatic Brain Injury and expanded VA's polytrauma system of care to 21 network sites and clinic support teams to provide state-of-the-art treatment to injured veterans at facilities closer to their homes.
Ensured Those Who Have Served Our Country Receive The Benefits They Deserve
•Called for and signed a GI Bill for the 21st century, which expanded education benefits for service members and veterans and made it easier for those who defend our Nation to transfer unused education benefits to their spouses or children.
•Increased career counseling services for returning veterans, particularly those wounded in combat.
•Signed legislation that increased from two to five years a combat veteran's eligibility to enroll for lifetime VA medical care and allowed family members of injured service members to take additional time away from their jobs to care for their loved ones.
•Signed legislation to ensure military retirees with severe disabilities receive both their military retired pay and their VA disability compensation.
•Helped more than 1.9 million veterans enroll in the VA health care system since 2001.
•Reduced the average length of time to process a veteran's disability claim to under 180 days, down from 230 days when the President took office.
Worked To Decrease The Number Of Homeless Veterans
•Expanded Federal grants and worked extensively with faith-based and community organizations to help homeless veterans.
We all know what occurred at the VA during the Bush administration__or at least those of us with actual memories do.

And__The Iraq war during Bush was funded by "emergency funding" which does not consider the replacement of ordinance and equipment, future veterans health benefits, interest and the list goes on. All those enormous costs were passed along to the next administration which "finally" put the costs for the Iraq war "on the books.

The Obama administration picked up the tab for much of GWB's Iraq War along with nearly the entire tab for GWB's excursion into Afghanistan.

The people in GWB's faith based initiatives office never heard from him__they just sat around.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1043603 Dec 17, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you said what you said because you are real stupid or are a budding internet 'fluffer'!!!!
I guarantee that you are not a victim of racism...
Makes me think of fluffernutters, anyone remember them? Anyone, anyone, anyone... Buehler?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1043604 Dec 17, 2013
Homer wrote:
Forgotten Truth you lose again Homer: Hillary Clinton is, in fact, the original "birther"...

It's the culture....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043605 Dec 17, 2013
Progressives gotta have it!!!!

and ...No money for granny and baby formula....

NEH- Natl Endowment for the Humanities

$914,000

'The Popular Romance Project has received nearly $1 million from the National Endowment of the Humanities (NEH) since 2010 to “explore the fascinating, often contradictory origins and influences of popular romance as told in novels, films, comics, advice books, songs, and internet fan fiction, taking a global perspective—while looking back across time as far as the ancient Greeks.'

http://www.coburn.senate.gov/public/index.cfm...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 36 min The real Rudy 75
Arne Duncan's Unconstitutional Plan 1 hr Dont Breath MY Air 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr loose cannon 243,462
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 2 hr Englewood 4 2 bucks 9
If only Hillary had won. 6 hr SATANs lil HELPER 29
Talking with the Choir-2 6 hr F R E E D O M 9
Leslie I love you 8 hr SHEs used goods 2

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages