Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 47,905)

Showing posts 958,081 - 958,100 of1,032,799
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me the post where I said anything about expanding the military, then we'll talk.
lol! Hey son... smaller government INCLUDES a smaller military!

It's a GOVERNMENT function after all!!!

Besides, YOU'RE the one claiming I want bigger government.

And I won't DEMAND that you show the post where I made that claim because I DIDN'T son!

So don't flip flop on your conditions. I simply applied what wanted as a WHOLE and NOT SELECTIVELY!!!

I love this comedy channel!

Since: May 11

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language, moron. I'll give you another chance to answer this post with something that isn't diametrically opposed to any understanding of what is written in the English language for you.
In short, the Earth is warming, you goddam moron.
The Earth has been on a warming trend for over 10,000 years.
In recent Earth history, the polar ice caps have disappeared and reappeared several times.
Please tell us why you think the polar ice caps won't disappear again.
Please tell us why you think the current Earth cycle of warming can be reversed by human intervention.
The most likely case, given the repeated events in recent Earth history, is the ice caps will go away, and the coastal plains around the world will be flooded.
What are you fucking clowns doing to prepare for that almost near certainty?
Dumbwaiter: Birther, Global Warming denier, all around dumbass.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
If Bush is a war criminal, so is Obama. Can't have one without the other.
Tyrants, dictators and murderers deserve ZERO respect.
well gee son. since it's Congress that appropriates the funds, then you can hang them too! and by golly, since they were elected by the people, you can hang them too!

Con logic.... it makes Escher look like a physics genius!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Eman wrote:
This slide show is HILARIOUS! Watch Michelle's face...she is not amused in the least.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/africa/gallery/...
the last slide
"Later on for reasons unknown, and it may have been when the president left to give his speech, the Obamas swap places so the First Lady sits between the two leaders, who appear to get on so well."
I don't think Michelle appreciated Obama flirting with the cute blonde.
It is always so great for the POTUS and FLOTUS to act in such a mature manner when cameras around the world is focused on them.

A lot of those photos were taken by foreign press.

It is interesting that only NBC lamely is attempting to spin this as don't trust your lying eyes-although Todd hasn't seen daylight for oh about 5 years.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Moonbat. How's the weather on the Moon?
You really need to try and keep up with what has been going on.
Either do that or you need to correct all of the news papers that they don't know what they are talking about, and that you do:
https://www.google.com/#q=ted+cruz+filerbuste...
Moron.
poor mr for-eign-er. such a sad baby!!!!
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA passed in 2010. How did Cruz filibuster it then?
The Magic Racist seems to over post with his racist friends
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Since the beginning of the debate over health care reform in 2009, the line from congressional Republicans has been as unyielding as it’s been unconstructive: whatever President Obama suggests, they hate, even when the White House adopts GOP ideas. The party has come to be defined by their almost hysterical hatred, contempt, and disgust for the Affordable Care Act.

But just over the last couple of weeks, unexpected cracks have started to emerge. The Republican approach to “Obanacare” has started to evolve, at least a little.

Rep. Jack Kingston (R-Ga.), a U.S. Senate hopeful, said recently,“A lot of conservatives say,‘Nah, let’s just step back and let this thing fall to pieces on its own.’ But I don’t think that’s always the responsible thing to do.” As Zachary Roth explained last week, that was soon followed by Rep. Scott Rigell (R-Va.), who conceded that “some Americans’ lives have gotten better” as a result of the law, and to fail to acknowledge this is to “deny reality.”

Yesterday, Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.), who ran on an anti-ACA platform in 2010, stopped by National Review’s office and said he realizes his party’s repeal crusade is a bust.“We’ve got to start talking about transitioning,” the far-right Wisconsinite said.

He continues,“Am I opposed to state-based exchanges? No.” He thinks “it may be that they can be usable.”“I’m all for repeal,” he stipulates,“but it’s there. What do you do with what’s there?… We’ve got to start talking about the reality of the situation.”

At first blush, comments like these may seem unremarkable. But remember, Johnson has devoted much of his brief political career to condemning the Affordable Care Act, and he’s now telling one of the more important news outlets in conservative media that he’s comfortable with state-based exchange marketplaces – which is not only one of the key elements of Obamacare, but is also one of the provisions conservative Republicans have been fighting against.

“We’ve got to start talking about the reality of the situation”? Even that’s a new posture for the GOP, which has been adamant about denying reality as long as humanly possible.

Just over the last couple of weeks, the ground has shifted in a way Republicans are just now starting to appreciate. Condemning the website was entertaining, but now that it’s vastly improved and the user experience has reached an acceptable level, this talking point no longer makes sense. Pushing for repeal had its heyday, but now that hundreds of thousands of Americans are actually gaining coverage they expect to keep, the GOP message has to adapt accordingly.

Heck, even as some conservative extremists encourage the uninsured to stay that way on purpose out of partisan spite, even prominent far-right voices like Amanda Carpenter are prepared to admit,“I don’t want to be uninsured.” As Jon Chait noted this morning,“When even as fanatical an ideological cadre as Ted Cruz’s speechwriter blurts her desperation to join Obamacare, it suggests that conservatives have deeply miscalculated.”

Republicans have no health care policy of their own, and the repeal crusade has effectively run its course. They can’t run on a platform of taking Americans’ insurance away from them, but they can’t fully embrace the positions they’ve fought so aggressively to defend.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The ACA passed in 2010. How did Cruz filibuster it then?
LOL, playing dumb after while has the unpleasant consequence of people wondering if it is really an act.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, the little control freak lily uses multiple IDs to cover up her presence here than tries to dictate how much someone can use the boards.
lily, people here are free to use it as much or little as they want.
Your life wouldn't be so miserable if you glued it together.
lol! Cons... they're such wuvable little insects!
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

The Magic Racist is back
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>poor mr for-eign-er. such a sad baby!!!!
Ontario guy?

Magic Racist post his usual racist tripe
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a pattern of over-the-top paranoia coming from Progressives.
Both Homer and USAsince have refused to click on links to Google and the other to Washington Post although they could see the link.
It is also convenient because in their twisted logic if they refuse to look at the article-BAM it doesn't exist.
Silly, childish but I guess it is the last gasp at denying what they do not want to know.
lol! Cons... do as I say, not as I do!!!

I love this comedy channel!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>But Mugabe is a hero of the left-he shook hands with him first. NBC decided to 'correct' aka delete the exchange 'twice' between Mugabe and O'bama. He is not a president, he is a selfie. No one is covering Mandela anymore, just the stupid guy called O'bama. Another embarrassing moment in America's history: O'bama.
If you truly want to know what's going on there in S.A., you'd have to hop a plane. You will not get the truth from America's Liberal Propaganda Network.

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The Export-Import Bank of the United States is the official export credit agency of the United States federal government. That means the government covers all transactions... with my money.
... dumbass.
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1000142...
... you fucking moron.
Why didn't Obama help American oil companies, dupe? Petrobras is one of the most profitable oil companies in existence. Much smaller American oil companies actually needed Obama to do that for them, where giant oil companies like Petrobras don't need any assistance.
Why didn't Obama help Marathon, or Anadarko, or any of the other mid-sized operators that operate internationally, instead of helping one of the richest oil companies in the world?
If Americans are going to cough up 2 billion dollars, shouldn't that 2 billion dollars go to American companies?
By the way, that 2 billion dollars won't be spent until the deepwater BP reserves in the Gulf of Mexico get put on the market. That is the American assets Obama gave 2 billion dollars to Petrobras to buy.
You are an ignorant dupe. Get a clue.
Petrobras cancelled all of its contracts with drilling contractors working for them in Brazillian waters, you ignorant moron. How the hell can Petrobras spend 2 billion dollars on equipment when they don't have any plans to drill in Brasil, clown.
The 2 billion dollars will be used to purchase reserves in the United States for Petrobras.
I'm sure these facts weren't included in your indoctrination session. You actually need to look into these events to learn what is actually happening on this planet, moron.
Loan. Look it up dumbshit.

The 2 billion was not to help Petrobas. It was to make the US comanies' bid for the equipment petrobas was buying more competitive. Without the loan, Petrobas was likely to buy their equipment elsewhere.

The loan helped secure business for US companies - who will receive the loan monies.

My God you are the dumbest sh*t on the planet.

You listened & believed your hero Glenn Beck.

Here is Snopes calling you a moron.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/brazi...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

try this again...

ObammieKKKAre feel good story!

"Missouri School District Hit With $150,000 Bill for Obamacare"

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/missouri-... #
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
It takes a lot of balls to act so incompetent in public...
Sebelius is asked how many have actually purchased coverage.
'Some may have paid, some may not.'
lol! You should know son! You do an exemplary job of it!

Then again, it could be because you're simply an idiot!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, playing dumb after while has the unpleasant consequence of people wondering if it is really an act.
lol! I know you're not acting son.

You work hard to get there!

Landisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
So, tell us when you think the ACA passed.

Tell us when Ted Cruz was elected to the US Senate.

Can't wait for your answers.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, actually, no, they're not. That's a broad statement that holds many fallacies. Why do most foreigners want to come to America instead of countries where there are social democracies?
Poverty will never be eliminated. We were told the poor will always be with us. We've thrown more money at the War on Poverty than any other country. You can't help people who don't want to be helped no matter how badly you want to help them.
People rise out of poverty through opportunities and incentives to better themselves. It's why America once led the world with a thriving economy through a free market.
People can't help the poor when the government takes their money to try and level the playing field. In some cases, it leads to more poverty.
Apartheid is manmade and stems from breeding racial hatred. Liberals have managed to turn what was once a contained problem into one that is becoming more widespread and didn't exist before. Maybe you should stop doing it.
What has Obama really done for the poor, Lily? Besides give speeches about disempowering them?
Foreigners come to the US because they can dipsht__many nations don't welcome foreigners with open arms if at all and those that do tend to treat them poorly/differently.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2013

Judged:

Ah! A little late for my beer, but still a nice cup of Joe will be fine this time of the morning for the reich wing whiners!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 958,081 - 958,100 of1,032,799
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

91 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 167,427
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 8 min ritedownthemiddle 42,946
Abby 4-17 9 min Sublime1 22
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min RACE 96,035
Amy 4-17 12 min Kuuipo 16
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 17 min STEFANO COLONNA 65,005
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 28 min boundary painter 4,024
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search