Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1599897 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1043022 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing wrong with that if that's what you think. If it were up to me, nearly everyone of them would be voted out and we'd start over again. Career politicians are part of the problem are dragging us down.
Yes. I've always been against term limits for Congress, until about 15 years ago. I think our biggest problem is allowing people to stay in Congress as if that's their career, and not a service to the people. Term limits is a last ditch idea, and I think we're in our last ditch.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1043023 Dec 16, 2013
Lily, need to add (at the risk of being fussed at) that I did have to work again eventually. But being able to learn a new career allowing me to work from home during those three years of staying at home was, indeed, very fortunate. Not everyone could do that kind of job or would want to do that kind of job.

So, in that way, having that ability and desire was not only fortunate in my situation but of which I'm grateful. Not all women are in that same situation, and I would have been in their position if not for that.

It seemed important to say. It's not easy being a working mother in this day and time no matter how you slice it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1043024 Dec 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of us here have answered these questions many times. You don't dispute our answers, you ignore them. Apparently you're looking for some specific answers. Why don't you tell us what you think these answers are and we can tell you if we agree.
There has never been an answer from you dupes to ignore. All you post is some diversion to avoid answering the question.
Here are thos questions again:

Did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Kenya? Or, did Obama lie when he claimed to have been born in Hawaii?
(You have to tell us which time Obama lied to answer this question.)

Or, another question you run away from with your tail between your legs:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
(You have to tell us why Obama lied covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi to answer this question)

Or, yet another question you run away from with your tail between your legs:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
(You have to identify a source of money the government will tax to answer this question.)

So, why don't you be the first to answer these questions.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043025 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Still can't find a republic or democracy to prove your point on government systems eh?
Typical reich wing radical..... scream and shout with nothing to show for it!
Its not the form of gubbymint that is the MAIN issue...

Its the MORALS agreed upon by the citizens....and then

It's the """"" "ETHICS""" """" of the people that excuse or chastise inappropriate behavior....

sorry charley....

Location hidden

#1043026 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Better than garbage in...garbage out.
So please stop trashing up the place.
Same thing.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043027 Dec 16, 2013
Progressives and Priorities...

'Health: Yoga With Your Dog'

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2013/12/13/h...
RUSH10ME

Colonial Beach, VA

#1043028 Dec 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! and be black on top of it!!
That's what pisses them off, that they can't get to him , no matter what they say. Obama's too cool for them, unflappable.
Joe Biden for president . "NOW"!

Location hidden

#1043029 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Too late, GFY
Right back at ya Homer!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043030 Dec 16, 2013
It's good because it came from Nancy Pelosi...

'Breitbart News has obtained a House Oversight and Government Reform Committee report on the Obamacare Navigators that will be released Monday. It has found that Obamacare Navigators have been giving Americans misinformation and, in some cases, actively encouraging enrollees to commit fraud in order to raise their subsidies. To complicate matters further, there is no way for Americans to find out whether their Navigators are properly certified.'

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

Orlando, FL

#1043031 Dec 16, 2013
Spilled my guts enough for one afternoon.

So later. Gotta go hang up some clothes.

Location hidden

#1043032 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, there you are. Was just thinking about you this morning. You must have gotten my vibe.
The hemorrhoids were all aflutter!

Orlando, FL

#1043033 Dec 16, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. I've always been against term limits for Congress, until about 15 years ago. I think our biggest problem is allowing people to stay in Congress as if that's their career, and not a service to the people. Term limits is a last ditch idea, and I think we're in our last ditch.
Totally agree. The new faces are the only ones making a difference.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1043034 Dec 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, one of my kids is saving more than that and has a lower deductible and better coverage.
It's only folks who watch FOX entertainment news day and night that are finding higher rates, deductibles etc. I am still waiting to meet an actual person who is paying more for comparable out of group coverage__or someone who's truly fretting over losing their group coverage.

Of course I'm talking about actual people__not fictitious ones who's sob stories appear in the in boxes of right wankers.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1043035 Dec 16, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how the right whiners blame Democrats when this country went from a balanced budget ( You know Flacktard that thing you right whiners cry about every day) to the Worst recession is 80 years forcing record number of people onto unemployment & welfare.
We started down hill when Bush & the Republicans ran through two tax cuts favoring the wealthy while going to two wars while spending out their asses without regard to funding.
But nooooooooooooooooooooooooo the Democrats did it.
This is why you people are dumber than sh*t.
I gave you a link to government spending you can reference to back your bullshit up, dupe. Post the numbers. I especially want to see that 160 million dollar deficit the Republicans gave to the Democrats when the Democrats took over all the purse strings of the government, and see you post the Democrats increasing that deficit one thousand percent.

You seem to think there would not be any cost to fighting the war the Arab Islamists started. Now, what kind of an idiot would think that? You're a special kind of stupid, aren't you?

You never did identify the supposed two different enemies of these supposed two wars you speak about.
So, who were the two different enemies of these two wars you mention?

We'll start here. I can't wait unitl we get to the part where you have to tell us what you would have done if you were president.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1043036 Dec 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad the president doesn't always tell the complete truth
Archived...
12/16/2013
'I'm glad the president doesn't always tell the complete truth'
Emeem

Location hidden

#1043037 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's like Ryan said in a recent interview...at least both sides are talking now - and, as he put it, "you have to crawl before you can stand before you can run."
In other words, it's a start. He would have preferred "more zeroes" in the budget cuts but Democrats are at least finally moving - and a crawl is better than pretending to be a frozen statue.
Sometimes you have to get on the floor just to be eye level. If you know what I mean.
No, have no idea what you mean. However, I'm of the opinion that the GOP is desperately making nice-nice so's not to end up in the dustbin of history.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043038 Dec 16, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Your neighbors hate you because you spend your days stalking them; oh yes, every neighborhood has a nutjob like you pervert. Watching every move your neighbors make, you peeping tom, you are one sick mofo
AND... "Jealousy must a terrible burden". I suppose you Emeem and ol' bareback Realtime still attend separate NAMBLA meetings??
It's the culture...
lol! repeat please

Orlando, FL

#1043039 Dec 16, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
The hemorrhoids were all aflutter!
Your hemorrhoids 'aflutter' when you pick up on my vibe?

That's odd. Not to mention a little disturbing.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1043040 Dec 16, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not the form of gubbymint that is the MAIN issue...
Its the MORALS agreed upon by the citizens....and then
It's the """"" "ETHICS""" """" of the people that excuse or chastise inappropriate behavior....
sorry charley....
lol! Not according to josei son.

You people bounce all over the place on the same issue when it's hard enough for you to stay on one!
TSM

United States

#1043041 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You should check with bushie boy's bud Ken Mehlman son!
Hit a nerve!! By your reaction you would be embarrassed if True!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 20 min Okay 1,570
Solutions for Black People 21 min Pale HERO 19
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 24 min Pale HERO 17
Here's the real Charlottesville story. 28 min Pale HERO 29
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min KitKaboodle 11,291
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr nothim 242,601
Self-Righteous battery car buyers. 5 hr TsOtPiInXks 16

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages