Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1762182 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1043167 Dec 16, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
Insured Americans Blame Obamacare for Higher Premiums
The compromised rollout of Obamacare continues while the Obama administration continues to deal with a growing public relations nightmare. Many insured Americans – those people who were supposed to be unaffected by the new law, according to the White House – are now saying their health insurance…
The Fiscal Times
Oblammy lied, Doorknob
those who complain about higher premiums are all racist liars....

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1043168 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad? Who's mad at the Pope? Heck, he responded DIRECTLY to Limbaugh. That alone was worth watching the liberal democrat media react to.
It's also hilarious (and pathetic) watching the hypocrite media liberals pretending they now respect the Pope after two decades of disparaging and mocking everything the Catholic church stood for.
This is the first time in decades that the Catholic Church has had a Pope worth respecting.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1043169 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
No different except that farmers actually work and provide products vital to the existence of society.
I bet you think extending unemployment benefits and minimum wage increases 'stimulate the economy' too.
Bull, they get paid subsidies to NOT work.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1043170 Dec 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's Bush's fault.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHA......

Are sure this hasn't been "debunked" yet, bro'?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHA......
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043171 Dec 16, 2013
New AP Poll: 77% Blame Obamacare For Rising Health Insurance Cost

http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/201...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043172 Dec 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
those who complain about higher premiums are all racist liars....
Thank-you Oprah

Lapeer, MI

#1043173 Dec 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh baloney. First of all since the inheritance tax doesn't kick in until the estate exceeds $5,250,000 only about 2% of estates pay any inheritance tax at all and those people know how to play the system. Most all take out an insurance policy for the amount of the estate taxes so that the beneficiaries can retain the assets without worry about the tax. Other's transfer assets such as farms to limited partnerships. Beneficiaries can then be given shares in the limited partnership to avoid paying any tax. It's the same game they played while alive.....avoid paying your fair share at all costs.
"fair share" is a Marxist Magic Negro term used to inflame the ignorant masses to which you slavishly belong.

The top 10 percent of income earners paid 71 percent of all federal income taxes in 2009.

Let *them* tell you all about the Magic Negro's word game.

Keep making your "fair share" of stupid, uninformed and ignorant remarks.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1043175 Dec 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The subsidies are for raising certain crops.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1043178 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mad? Who's mad at the Pope? Heck, he responded DIRECTLY to Limbaugh. That alone was worth watching the liberal democrat media react to.
It's also hilarious (and pathetic) watching the hypocrite media liberals pretending they now respect the Pope after two decades of disparaging and mocking everything the Catholic church stood for.
It's also hilarious (and pathetic) watching the hypocrite media conservatives pretending they now don't respect the Pope after two decades of agreeing with and perpetuating everything the Catholic church stood for.

Lapeer, MI

#1043179 Dec 16, 2013
Whatever wrote:
New AP Poll: 77% Blame Obamacare For Rising Health Insurance Cost
http://www.boston.com/business/healthcare/201...
The other 33% are either black, illegal Mexican, Welfare moochers or clueless Liberals asleep in front of their TV's watching Maurie Povich, Bethany and Jerry Springer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1043181 Dec 16, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
read this and maybe you'll stop sounding like the thread buffoon:
"
In 1999, liberals were bragging about extending affirmative action to the financial sector hailing the Clinton administration's affirmative action lending policies.
Meanwhile, economists were screaming from the rooftops that the Democrats were forcing mortgage lenders to issue loans that would fail the moment the housing market slowed and deadbeat borrowers couldn't get out of their loans by selling their houses.
Bush's White House chief economist, N. Gregory Mankiw, warned that the government's "implicit subsidy" of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac combined with loans to unqualified borrowers was creating a huge risk for the entire financial system.
The New York Times reported that Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were "under heavy assault by the Republicans" but these entities still had "important political allies" in the Democrats.
In 2005 the Republican Congress House GOP leaders put forward H.R. 1461, Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005. The bill would have stripped control of Fannie & Freddie from the Housing and Urban Development Department which had turned it into a regulatory farce.
The bill also introduced advocacy provisionsť barring money from Fannie & Freddie being used as a slush fund for liberal lobbying organizations.
The Democrats opposed that measure of the bill even though it passed the House.
Also...
Andrew Cuomo, the youngest Housing and Urban Development secretary in history, made a series of decisions between 1997 and 2001 that gave birth to the country’s current crisis.
He turned the Federal Housing Administration mortgage program into a sweetheart lender with sky-high loan ceilings and no money down and legalized what a federal judge has branded 'kickbacks’ to brokers that have fueled the sale of overpriced and unsupportable loans.
His actions in combination with other factors helped plunge Fannie and Freddie into the subprime markets without putting in place the means to monitor their increasingly risky investments.
Three to four million families subsequently faced foreclosure and Cuomo is one of the reasons why.
LMAO

republican leaders?

The House bill, the 2005 Federal Housing Finance Reform Act, would have created a stronger regulator with new powers to increase capital at Fannie and Freddie, to limit their portfolios and to deal with the possibility of receivership.

Mr Oxley reached out to Barney Frank, then the ranking Democrat on the committee and now its chairman, to secure support on the other side of the aisle. But after winning bipartisan support in the House, where the bill passed by 331 to 90 votes, the legislation lacked a champion in the Senate and faced hostility from the Bush administration.

Adamant that the only solution to the problems posed by Fannie and Freddie was their privatisation, the White House attacked the bill. Mr Greenspan also weighed in, saying that the House legislation was worse than no bill at all.

“We missed a golden opportunity that would have avoided a lot of the problems we’re facing now, if we hadn’t had such a firm ideological position at the White House and the Treasury and the Fed,” Mr Oxley says.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/8780c35e-7e91-11dd-...

He fumes about the criticism of his House colleagues.“All the handwringing and bedwetting is going on without remembering how the House stepped up on this,” he says.“What did we get from the White House? We got a one-finger salute.”

you guys and your right wing myths.

Bush screwed up the economy. deal with it. the rest of us sure as hell are.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1043182 Dec 16, 2013
YeY
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Woke up early this morning and turned on the TV for my daily news fix.
WTF? Gayle King, Oprah's racist sidekick is talking about Mandela once again with Oprah's azzhole costar in that racist movie The Butler, Forest Whitaker.
I sat there somewhat dumbfounded. Hell, Mandela The Marxist died - what - weeks ago? and these Wu Mao Dang just keep moaning and weeping forever.
Weekend At Bernie's was nothing like this. Forest Whitaker kept mumbling and mumbling about how he admired Mandela and how he was a nice man and...and .....when he lost his voice, Gayle would jump in to keep it going.
The stupid conversation was s-o-o-o strained it quickly became laughable. I started making fun of Gayle and Forest aloud. "C'mon', Gayle. You can do it. You can do it. Keep that ball going...." ....".Forest. Take a break. Go have a coffee. You're falling asleep, bro'"
This went on for maybe ten minutes or longer.
The Liberal MSM propaganda machine never sleeps. I understand that. But this time around, the Mandela bullshit was straining very loudly almost to a breaking point.
Yep, news used to mean "new", news for that day. Now they carry on about one, single event, every day, for months on end....not giving a shyt about how mind numbingly boring their obsession is for the rest of us to hear continually. All they care about now is keeping the saturation level up where they want it; intermittent brainwashing isn't working as well for them as it used to.:[
sallygur

Pittsburgh, PA

#1043183 Dec 16, 2013
youtube.com/watch... ………… Obama is a Turd
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043186 Dec 16, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry senile old fossil. You are about two decades behind in the news. The ruskies are no longer communists like you Democrats are now. Your system of communism fails and really only exists in Cuba & Vietnam, Laos & your favorite country, North Korea. China is also supposed to be like you Democrats but even they are waking up and embracing capitalism.
Do you need a ticket to Cuba? I'm surprised you didn't go there on your glorious vacation to Bumpass. Actually, North Korea would suit you better.
lol! I see. So you have a new system of communism!

What we know for sure is you aren't American son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043187 Dec 16, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton and Obama looked at you right in the eye and lied to your stupid faces repeatedly. What's your reaction? Great presidents. Great people. You love them and respect them. Why? Because they're just like you.
lol! Well hells bells son! bushie boy did the same thing. And you're pres in waiting (Romney) did the same thing.

It's not like reich wingers captured the market on honesty.!

But apparently, that's the best you can do!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1043188 Dec 16, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO...I bet you actually believe that.

A child in the first grade knows how abundant and important farming is in the U.S..
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1043190 Dec 16, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad the president doesn't always tell the complete truth. No good negotiator does. Have you ever told an overweight person they need to lose weight. There's a difference between integrity and twisting the truth. Obama may have lied, or was simply mistaken, to get health care for Americans. Bush lied, or was mistaken, to lead us into an unprovoked war.
No one claims Obama is perfect, but I do claim his intentions are honorable.
That's probably because you are still swallowing the PinocchiObama snakeoil. It's not a question of not always telling the complete truth. Obama was duly noted as telling the "Lie of the Year". Obama is a LIAR. Wake up and smell his snakeoil already!
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1043191 Dec 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
He's not demanding welfare you liar
Liar? Did someone mention Obama?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043192 Dec 16, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong. You are not all there.
lol! Well, certainly more than you son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1043194 Dec 16, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
Did you mean to say hillarious clinton was just serving her country when she threw up her hands and said get over, they are dead. She was referring to the folks who were killed as the result of Benghazi, the action that killed American's that the boy president, nobama, and hillarious would not support? Sounds to me like nobama and hillarious simply melterd away.
Peace
KMA
Yeah, bushie boy had no such reaction. Apparently, he was expecting people to die for no reason at all.

Checked that... he was expecting people to get killed for no reason at all.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 1 hr The real Rudy 91
Change one letter in the word (Mar '12) 1 hr The real Rudy 109
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr TROPIX FARTS 64,682
Kennedy Lied and People Died and were enslaved. 6 hr Includes Bobby Ke... 31
Maddow exposed, Fusion paid her for fake news s... 7 hr Wimpy 2
Looking for a daddy 7 hr Blutto 4
News Aldermen seek to yank fascist Balbo's name from... 7 hr lol 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages