Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042876 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol running out of people to lie to.
Actually, more truths were being posted while you and Tenzing disappeared for a while.

But both of you make things a little more lively.

What about the Christmas countdown videos? You didn't say if you needed me to re-post them or not. Because I'd be glad to, you know.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1042877 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol running out of people to lie to.
Obama! LOL
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042878 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain was not the best choice in 2008. But he did serve his country and doesn't deserve being dissed by a fellow vet.
Romney, however, was the best choice in 2012. Unfortunately, America was still starry eyed and daydreaming about Obama's promised land of Utopia.
Reality set in too late.
The first and perhaps best test for a president is getting elected. While it's true that just about any (D) team could have defeated the "silliness" that the Republican's selected in 08, Obama defeated Hillary Clinton, which was no easy task.

And of course you certainly recall that Obama defeated the Republican entry again in 2012.
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1042880 Dec 16, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
what a visual
Especially through your old bloodshot eyes

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1042881 Dec 16, 2013
Democrats will never be able to remove Christmas from people's heart!

No maters how hard they try!

The Liberal grinches will not win!!!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042882 Dec 16, 2013
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Halt is anything BUT libertarian.
Meanwhile, how goes the teabagger self-flagellation fest? Have they burned Boehner in effigy yet? How about their darling Ryan. Must be getting kinda lonely in that corner of the tent.
as contrasted to you, who calls for tax increases instead of spending cuts to balance the budget, violating a core principle of the Libertarian Party???
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042883 Dec 16, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'One of Boston's highest-profile robotics startups laid off employees for the first time earlier this week. Rethink Robotics CEO Scott Eckert confirms that the Boston-based company cut 21 jobs, and says the company is offering outplacement assistance to those employees.'

http://www.boston.com/business/technology/inn...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042884 Dec 16, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem obsessed. Has the Orlando forum banned patriots or something?
Just seems weird that you post on the birther thread on the US News forum but switch to the Orlando forum to post on this thread which is also there. Hey__it's your time__waste it any way you please.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042885 Dec 16, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that economy' is on fire!

'Argonne National Laboratory plans to eliminate 50 jobs starting in January, after a voluntary buyout program announced in October fell short'

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/201312... #

Orlando, FL

#1042886 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>No thanks.
You don't want to see an inspiring video about how a small act of kindness and how it can change a person's life? Or get down with The Temptations to Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

I really worked hard trying to find just the right videos, Homer. Even had you in mind too. The least you can do is shed a few tears and get down to Rudolph....

...sheesh....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042887 Dec 16, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!'

'Price Busters to close all 8 Hawaii stores by Mid-January'

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24218690/p...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042888 Dec 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Bullsht as usual.
The housing reversal began at different times in different places. Here (Central Florida) it was late 05 for condos and early 06 for homes in developments as this area was vastly overbuilt. There are several sites that outline the housing reversal/mortgage crisis.in Riverside County CA.
Just the Facts explains that home building permits began to taper off there in 04 and the sht hit the fan in 07.
Time really flies when you're not having fun eh pal???
Galt referred to prices in California, dipshit, not building permits...and not about your swampland....

Temecula is not characteristic of Riverside County, but more like North County San Diego....
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042889 Dec 16, 2013
Signs the Progressives 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

'Longtime vacuum repairman closes Roanoke County shop'

http://www.roanoke.com/news/business/2422534-...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1042890 Dec 16, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
as contrasted to you, who calls for tax increases instead of spending cuts to balance the budget, violating a core principle of the Libertarian Party???
Homer wants both. Bush put us way to deep in a hole for spending cuts alone to right the ship.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1042891 Dec 16, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you an idiot and don't know it son?
certainly you must ask every liberal and every democrat what was the NSA doing? of course we know the answer: they were harassing Tea Party members like myself. Of course the left is ignorant when it comes to Islam: And incidentally the O'bama plan of internet surveillance by O'bama and his NSA is a lie.

"Something scary happened on Friday the 13th, but you’d hardly have noticed from the news reports.

The Joint Terrorism Task Force in Wichita, Kansas, arrested a 58-year old airport employee in a plot to carry out a suicide bombing at the city’s Mid-Continent Airport.

The man, Terry Lee Loewen, was a white convert to Islam who authorities say became “radicalized” over the Internet.

Loewen planned to drive a vehicle laden with explosives onto the airport and explode it—and himself—at the terminal where hundreds of unsuspecting travelers went about their normal business.

Luckily, the FBI had intercepted Loewen and his vehicle contained only dummy explosives planted by an FBI agent that Loewen believed to be a collaborator.

This plot received a great deal of exposure on the Drudge Report, but none of the major news agencies thought it worthy of an email news bulletin—except for Fox News.

A plot like this would have stopped the presses just 15 years ago. Today, it’s just another news story on a busy news day. In another week or so, very few people outside of Kansas will even remember Terry Lee Loewen’s name, or that he was arrested for attempting to carry out mass murder in the name of Jihad. America is becoming desensitized to jihadi terrorism and that is unfortunate. Islamic Jihad is becoming a customary part of our everyday lives.

What is frightening about the homegrown terrorism that we’ve been seeing the last few years is that those terrorists—or would be suicide bombers—seem to be normal Americans.

Loewen lived in a quiet, middle class, suburban neighborhood in a modest, one-story ranch-style home. In the local newspaper The Wichita Eagle, his neighbors described him as “normal."

But then again the left liberal loons aka democrats describe all Islamist aka Moslems as 'normal'.

Orlando, FL

#1042892 Dec 16, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>After 5 years, Republicans finally loosening up.
Well, actually no, Homer. Now pay attention. I don't want to have to repeat this.

Democrats didn't pass a budget for three years. They rejected any attempt by House Republicans in 2010 to do so.

They wanted a tax increase on the wealthy in return for cutting spending in the budget.

They got the tax increase but, as with Reagan, reneged on their part of the bargain.

You desperately need to know the truth, Homer. And I mean desperately.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1042893 Dec 16, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The first and perhaps best test for a president is getting elected. While it's true that just about any (D) team could have defeated the "silliness" that the Republican's selected in 08, Obama defeated Hillary Clinton, which was no easy task.
And of course you certainly recall that Obama defeated the Republican entry again in 2012.
what exactly did Hillary Clinton do in her life-th only reason Hillary is anything at all is because she was married to the ho ho ore Billy. Hillary is nuttin'---O'bama beat her...-proves to me the libs will vote for a no nothing no body no experience idiot , before they will vote for the doormat Hillary.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1042894 Dec 16, 2013
flack wrote:
How much do you want to make per hour?
I want to make more than $10 an hour. Because I’m the best worker they got there in the morning time. People who’ve been there longer than me come and ask me, and I’ve only been there a year. So I know I’m the strongest they have during the morning time.
What are your goals for your career, your family, your life?
My goal in life is to earn my GED, and become a pharmacy technician so I know I have enough money to take care of me and mine. To take the test, yes, it costs money. And it costs money to go to college to become a pharmacy technician. I don’t know how I’m going to pay for that working at McDonald’s.
Do you have any money saved or for retirement?
No, I can’t save money, not living in this house. And if I move out of this house, I won’t have nowhere to go. I’m struggling. I’m really sitting here struggling with four kids off of what McDonald’s pays.
What would you do with extra money?
If I had extra money, my kids would have clothes, and I’d be able to pay for the things they need while they’re in school. My son is about to graduate from kindergarten, and I don’t even have enough money to get his cap and gown, and that’s only $20. And I’d be able to get caught up with my rent and my bills if I had extra money.
Did you see the budget McDonald’s created for its employees?
I saw part of it on TV. I saw the first line [income]. It was $1,000 — I don’t make $1,000 in a month.
So, what was your point about all of this anyway? She's a young single mother who made mistakes, but she is trying, she is working. What do you want her to do? If this was a story about a young white woman in this same situation; and, there are many more of them than blacks; would you have the same contempt?
You don't want minimum wage increased and this woman is a minimum wage worker; she works at a fast food place; the types of places you frequent.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1042895 Dec 16, 2013
from the 'legalize it so we can see what it does to our brains' file...

'Teen pot use could hurt brain and memory, new research suggests'

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/teen-pot-use-co...

Orlando, FL

#1042896 Dec 16, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't want to see an inspiring video about how a small act of kindness and how it can change a person's life? Or get down with The Temptations to Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer?
I really worked hard trying to find just the right videos, Homer. Even had you in mind too. The least you can do is shed a few tears and get down to Rudolph....
...sheesh....
Let me rephrase that.

You don't want to see an inspiring video about how a small act of kindness can change a person's life? Or get down with The Temptations to Rudolph, the Red-Nosed Reindeer?

(Now the rest of it...)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 8 min Patty Myers SEZ 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 240,421
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 14 min EAT PORK 19
A few ITEMS of interest. 23 min Jocularity is FUN 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 17 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 71,285

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages