Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420271 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042382 Dec 15, 2013
Bush "phones gone wild" by Obama..

Free Obamaphones...

It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042384 Dec 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
You are Obligated to Disobey Unjust Laws
~ Thomas Jefferson
lol! Source son?

Or are you liar?

Or a sucker?

Or both?

Cons even suck in themselves with their hubris!

I love this comedy channel!!

" This quotation has not been found in Thomas Jefferson's papers. It has been suggested that it is a paraphrase of Jefferson's statement in the Declaration of Independence, "...whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...," although such a paraphrase would seem to be taking some radical liberties with the original version. The quotation bears a much closer resemblance to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s comment in his famous letter from Birmingham Jail: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."["
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042385 Dec 15, 2013
Barack Hussein Obama, Raleigh, N.C., July 29, 2009:“I have been as clear as I can be. Under the reform I’ve proposed, if you like your doctor, you keep your doctor. If you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan period.

Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year...

It's the culture..
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1042386 Dec 15, 2013
CHRISIE/ RYAN/Paul...Uncle Joe... et al.......and
Pope Francis for Secretary of World...2016!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042387 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, you try to blame Republicans for Obamacare…not one Republican voted for it you dumbass. old woman..
When you lay down with democRATS , you'll wake up with fleas...
It's the culture....
repeat please

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1042388 Dec 15, 2013
Mad wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Mandela was a terrorist in his younger days that is a statement of fact. How would you describe his terrorist activities? The murders? How would you describe a "Winnie necklace"??
You would cry foul when posters pointed out the signer at Mandela's memorial was fake as your outrage. Schizophrenia no less, rapist, murderer and mental illness episode during memorial claimed he was seeing angels less than 6 feet from the POTUS...who dropped the damn ball on that one?
you know the British considered George Washington a terrorist.

South Africa’s apartheid regime designated Mandela’s African National Congress (ANC) as a terrorist organization for its battle against the nation’s legalized system of racial segregation that lasted from 1948 to 1994. Now that's what I call the pot calling the kettle black.

The ANC was fighting apartheid, I don't think of that as terrorism, but fighting for independence and freedom. No different than what our Revolutionary Army did when fighting the British.

Even Dick Cheney voted to have the U.S. gov't recognize the ANC. Reagan and his lap dog Thatcher felt otherwise.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042389 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! After all, this is what we reich wingers represent!
It's the culture...
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042390 Dec 15, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
We all know you refuse to click on links -so why bother giving you one.
Search: youtube obama phone lady
lol! Son, you don't read, let alone know what you're talking about.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042391 Dec 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: The left never took credit for the cell phone program. Conservative talk radio gave them credit because they didn't want to accept ownership. Too bad. It really is a good idea.
lol! As I've said numerous times before, reich wingers have to tell you what you stand for in order to make their case.

They just can't deal with the real world on a level playing field!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042392 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Separation of church and state?
Funny. Cons always promoted God was on their side.
God doesn't take sides. We do.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042393 Dec 15, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
Yeah... you Gilligan, you dumbass are about as smart and unreasonable as the Operatives for Al Qaeda...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042394 Dec 15, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
YEAH... Man bites dog... LOL... Where the eff is Yeah, that Gilligan in Hawaii...

It's the culture..
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042395 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! As I've said numerous times before, reich wingers have to tell you what you stand for in order to make their case.
They just can't deal with the real world on a level playing field!
Yeah.. we all know Hitler was a deranged democRAT ..

It's the culture..
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042396 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Source son?
Or are you liar?
Or a sucker?
Or both?
Cons even suck in themselves with their hubris!
I love this comedy channel!!
" This quotation has not been found in Thomas Jefferson's papers. It has been suggested that it is a paraphrase of Jefferson's statement in the Declaration of Independence, "...whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government...," although such a paraphrase would seem to be taking some radical liberties with the original version. The quotation bears a much closer resemblance to Martin Luther King, Jr.'s comment in his famous letter from Birmingham Jail: "One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."["
Probably in the Glenda Beck section of google.

Orlando, FL

#1042397 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>None of these azzholes had ever heard of Jarret, Ayers, Alinski etc etc etc until Beck splained it to them every night. You should have read some of the crazy sht Carol used to post on the TeaParty thread__and she would fight with anyone that didn't into Becks creations. There was actually a Glen Beck thread once__haunted by DB Writer and others who post here.
The crazy bastardos have been posting the same sht for five years
You didn't need a Chris Matthews type to tell you about Karl Rove or anyone else in the Bush administration.

If Beck hadn't pulled back the curtain, we still might not know who Jarrett was or the significant influence she has in this White House and this administration.

You don't see a problem not knowing who surrounds any president - much less a top advisor the Washington Post calls "mysterious"?

Rove may have been called a lot of things but never "mysterious".

Wasn't this presidency supposed to be the most transparent?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042398 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Probably in the Glenda Beck section of google.
Realtime say's there is No God, yet google acts like one you dumbass...
Yet.. in the age of information...Your ignorance and still running on empty is still you a morons best choice. The reason you Realtime are a deranged demokRat...

No more... No less...

It's the culture....

Orlando, FL

#1042399 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious??
Alright, airhead, here's your answer.
Maybe valerie Jarrett is an astrologer.
Reagan ran the Government based on the advice from Nancy's astrologist. It was a major scandal when the hidden astrologer was discovered making decisions of State. And Reagan kept the astrologer a secret until Don Regan mentioned it in his memoirs.
At least we know about Valerie Jarrett.
----------
" In his 1988 memoirs, Don Regan wrote about Nancy's consultations with the astrologer, the first public mention of them, which resulted in embarrassment for the First Lady. Nancy later wrote, "Astrology was simply one of the ways I coped with the fear I felt after my husband almost died... Was astrology one of the reasons [further attempts did not occur]? I don't really believe it was, but I don't really believe it wasn't."
"Nancy Reagan wielded a powerful influence over President Reagan. Again stemming from the assassination attempt, she strictly controlled access to the president and even occasionally attempted to influence her husband's decision making."
"Press framing of Nancy changed from that of just helpmate and protector to someone with hidden power. As the image of her as a political interloper grew, she sought to explicitly deny that she was the power behind the throne. At the end of her time as First Lady, however, she said that her husband had not been well-served by his staff. She acknowledged her role in reaction in influencing him on personnel decisions, saying "In no way do I apologize for it."
Pretty sure Michelle Obama would have a lot to say about what this president would and wouldn't do if an assassination attempt almost took his life . And pretty sure she has a strong voice in any decision making.

Your point? Wives always have the most intimate access and influence on any president.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042400 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious??
Alright, airhead, here's your answer.
Maybe valerie Jarrett is an astrologer.
Reagan ran the Government based on the advice from Nancy's astrologist. It was a major scandal when the hidden astrologer was discovered making decisions of State. And Reagan kept the astrologer a secret until Don Regan mentioned it in his memoirs.
At least we know about Valerie Jarrett.
----------
" In his 1988 memoirs, Don Regan wrote about Nancy's consultations with the astrologer, the first public mention of them, which resulted in embarrassment for the First Lady. Nancy later wrote, "Astrology was simply one of the ways I coped with the fear I felt after my husband almost died... Was astrology one of the reasons [further attempts did not occur]? I don't really believe it was, but I don't really believe it wasn't."
"Nancy Reagan wielded a powerful influence over President Reagan. Again stemming from the assassination attempt, she strictly controlled access to the president and even occasionally attempted to influence her husband's decision making."
"Press framing of Nancy changed from that of just helpmate and protector to someone with hidden power. As the image of her as a political interloper grew, she sought to explicitly deny that she was the power behind the throne. At the end of her time as First Lady, however, she said that her husband had not been well-served by his staff. She acknowledged her role in reaction in influencing him on personnel decisions, saying "In no way do I apologize for it."
I forgot about those consultations.

Probably because I wasn't as political as the reich wing idiots here!

Orlando, FL

#1042401 Dec 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
While you hate Obama you do not seem to be a Republican.
Nothing positive just trolling along :-)
For the umpteenth time, I don't "hate" Obama any more than I "hate" you, or Lily, or Realtime, or anyone else on the left.

What I hate is progressive liberalism that is poisoning this nation which is perpetrated by Obama, Lily, Realtime and every progressive liberal on the left.

Only liberals such as yourself hate the person. I hate the ideology.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042402 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
Paul Ryan Was 'Frustrated' By Conservative Groups, But Still Thinks They Are 'Very Important'
""WASHINGTON (AP)— Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) says he was frustrated with conservative groups that protested the bipartisan budget deal he helped engineer, but distanced himself from House Speaker John Boehner's (R-Ohio) public criticism of the groups.
The House Budget Committee chairman tells NBC's "Meet the Press" that these groups are "very important elements" of the conservative movement. But the Wisconsin Republican says discussions about these groups should be kept "within the family."
"I think John just got his Irish up there," Ryan said. "I think these groups are valuable. The way I look at it is this: They're part of our conservative family. I'd prefer to keep these conversation within our family."""
----------
THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK
Mainstream Repugnants are sharpening their knives, prepared to slash and burn the Teabaggers who threaten their Party.
They know Teabaggers are a sure fire way to hand Government to the Democrats.
Paul Ryan himself isn't that important....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Buster Steinbeizer 222,787
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Actual Science 61,082
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 4 hr Raydot 1,948
Word (Dec '08) 5 hr PEllen 6,698
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr PEllen 9,394
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 6 hr PEllen 3,048
abby8-29-16 6 hr Doctor Phil da Fraud 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages