Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418699 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042360 Dec 15, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Got rich by duping dummies like you.
The "me me me" Palin used politics not to help Alaska or this country but to help herself.
She quit everything she ever did to further her own interests.
But hey, you keep worshiping her.
lol! After all, this is what reich wingers represent!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042361 Dec 15, 2013
Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014...

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
Michael Gerwin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1042362 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm content to laugh at your hatefulness and stupidity, Nobraina.
I'll be here to remind you what an anti-American asshat you are.
Speaking of anti-American asshats:

The “selfie” seen ’round the world ends the argument that America is racing towards the bottom because of the narcissist masquerading as POTUS.

It’s official — the government of the United States of Obama consists of boobs and bores and is led by a narcissist. Obama’s flirting with Denmark’s prime minister would be shameful on any occasion. That it happened at the memorial for Nelson Mandela only adds to the embarrassment, and it symbolizes the greater global calamity of Western decline. Obama has confirmed he is an unserious leader in a dangerously serious time.

Iran marches toward nuclear weapons and already there is talk in military circles that a nuclear-armed Iran could mean mushroom clouds in the Mideast within five years.

China is flexing its muscles throughout Asia, its ships brazenly confronting ours on the high seas. Russia is expanding its writ in the Arab lands and in Eastern Europe while making casual threats about bombing America. Syria’s Assad uses chemical weapons and Obama and Cameron rattle little sabers before meekly agreeing to become his partner.

The sign-language interpreter wasn’t the only fake at the Mandela funeral. Obama and Cameron were posing as world leaders.

They will never be confused with FDR and Churchill. The fratboys stand in stark contrast to the days when the “special relationship” meant two great leaders uniting two great countries in the fight for freedom. Those leaders understood the consequences if evil prevailed and were committed to victory.

Churchill coined the term “special relationship” during World War II and used it again in his “Iron Curtain Speech” in 1946 that marked the unofficial start of the Cold War. Fearful the West would disarm again, as it did after World War I, he wanted to combat communism by maintaining the “special relationship between the British Commonwealth and Empire and the United States.”

To him it meant our “kindred systems of society” must grow ever closer to provide mutual security and a framework for global peace. That special bond later cemented the Ronald Reagan-Margaret Thatcher partnership that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.

Try to imagine any of those four embarrassing their nations by acting like indulgent teenagers while civilization hung in the balance. You can’t because they wouldn’t.

Hitler’s greatest mistake was being born too soon. If he were on the march now, would there be will in Washington and London to stop him? Would there be an arsenal of democracy to save mankind from darkness?

In fact, while Obama and Cameron were yukking it up in South Africa, the White House was denouncing bipartisan efforts in Congress to pass more sanctions against Iran. Doing so, it said, would scuttle the feeble interim deal Obama and Cameron accepted. Incredibly, administration arguments echoed Iran’s position.

Try to imagine FDR and Churchill siding with Hitler against their national legislatures. You can’t because they were the antitheses of the appeasers of their times.

World War II proved that the international order collapses when there is no one to support and enforce it. Obama himself has said that, but apparently believes talk is sufficient. Cameron has hollowed out the British military to its ineffective state.

Words don’t matter to tyrants and genocidal maniacs. They push until they are convinced there will be consequences if they go further.

Our weakness invites their aggression and makes war more likely, not less. That is the perilous state of the world, as the clown kings of the West party on.

Obama is more interested in celebrity parties and selfie photos than being a leader. The phony interpretor is less dangerous.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1042363 Dec 15, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are dense. nobamakare decided which network of doctors she will be able to use. She did not have that problem prior to nobamakare. Get it thru your thick dense skull, nobamakare is making the decision on what doctor(s) she can use. KMA
and how is that any different from insurance companies deciding what doctors you can use and see?? The vast majority of health insurance policies dictate which doctors you can use.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042364 Dec 15, 2013
Resentment is nutsack drinking his own poison and then hoping it will kill his enemies.”... LOL..

It's the culture....

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1042365 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama
That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash.
It's the culture...
really, can you provide some evidence of that???? or do you just make things up?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042366 Dec 15, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy was just pushed too far. I mean, who can blame him? One thing is clear, these young passionate Obamists are nobody to fck with.
I doubt he was a birther. More of a 'immaculate conception' type.
Huh? The fkn kid was a Alex P Keaton__loudmouthed jr right wing loser who couldn't handle losing his debate/extemporaneous speech team identity.

Either that or he and coach Murphy were doing Larry Craig things!

We'll likely learn next week after the cell phones-PC's have been examined.

I'll remind your ignert birther azz when the results come in.

That little girl is in a coma__if she lives, she'll be blind and hospitalized for years.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042367 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>repeat please..
Nutsack Stupid... always trying to force his stupid conclusions based on his preconceived bias, ignorance, and bigotry in his never ending worthless supply of lame dumbass opinions and idiot..

It's the culture.....
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042368 Dec 15, 2013
Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year award..

It's the culture....
Michael Gerwin

Lindenhurst, NY

#1042369 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol has spent 5 years throwing shit against the wall to see if any will stick.
She moves from stupid attack to stupid attack, and Obama is still President.
It's as if she thinks her hatred for him will somehow change things.
She's a really sick old woman. Physically and mentally sick.
Maybe she'll next suggest that Vallerie Jarrett is really the mother of Sasha and Malia. She's hateful and crazy enough to do so.
I figure her or Dweeb. Both equally crazy.
a) Most of the "shit" did stick, you're just too stupid to see it when you read or hear it.

b) It won't change things, because even though 71% of Americans think America is on the wrong track they either weren't paying attention or didn't care enough or are as stupid as [see a].

c) Tell us why Valerie Jarrett has continuously had more security detail that ambassadors and other Americans in dangerous places.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042370 Dec 15, 2013
Michael Gerwin wrote:
<quoted text>Speaking of anti-American asshats:
The “selfie” seen ’round the world ends the argument that America is racing towards the bottom because of the narcissist masquerading as POTUS.
It’s official — the government of the United States of Obama consists of boobs and bores and is led by a narcissist. Obama’s flirting with Denmark’s prime minister would be shameful on any occasion. That it happened at the memorial for Nelson Mandela only adds to the embarrassment, and it symbolizes the greater global calamity of Western decline. Obama has confirmed he is an unserious leader in a dangerously serious time.
Iran marches toward nuclear weapons and already there is talk in military circles that a nuclear-armed Iran could mean mushroom clouds in the Mideast within five years.
China is flexing its muscles throughout Asia, its ships brazenly confronting ours on the high seas. Russia is expanding its writ in the Arab lands and in Eastern Europe while making casual threats about bombing America. Syria’s Assad uses chemical weapons and Obama and Cameron rattle little sabers before meekly agreeing to become his partner.
The sign-language interpreter wasn’t the only fake at the Mandela funeral. Obama and Cameron were posing as world leaders.
They will never be confused with FDR and Churchill. The fratboys stand in stark contrast to the days when the “special relationship” meant two great leaders uniting two great countries in the fight for freedom. Those leaders understood the consequences if evil prevailed and were committed to victory.
Churchill coined the term “special relationship” during World War II and used it again in his “Iron Curtain Speech” in 1946 that marked the unofficial start of the Cold War. Fearful the West would disarm again, as it did after World War I, he wanted to combat communism by maintaining the “special relationship between the British Commonwealth and Empire and the United States.”
To him it meant our “kindred systems of society” must grow ever closer to provide mutual security and a framework for global peace. That special bond later cemented the Ronald Reagan-Margaret Thatcher partnership that led to the collapse of the Soviet Union.
Try to imagine any of those four embarrassing their nations by acting like indulgent teenagers while civilization hung in the balance. You can’t because they wouldn’t.
Hitler’s greatest mistake was being born too soon. If he were on the march now, would there be will in Washington and London to stop him? Would there be an arsenal of democracy to save mankind from darkness?
In fact, while Obama and Cameron were yukking it up in South Africa, the White House was denouncing bipartisan efforts in Congress to pass more sanctions against Iran. Doing so, it said, would scuttle the feeble interim deal Obama and Cameron accepted. Incredibly, administration arguments echoed Iran’s position.
Try to imagine FDR and Churchill siding with Hitler against their national legislatures. You can’t because they were the antitheses of the appeasers of their times.
World War II proved that the international order collapses when there is no one to support and enforce it. Obama himself has said that, but apparently believes talk is sufficient. Cameron has hollowed out the British military to its ineffective state.
Words don’t matter to tyrants and genocidal maniacs. They push until they are convinced there will be consequences if they go further.
Our weakness invites their aggression and makes war more likely, not less. That is the perilous state of the world, as the clown kings of the West party on.
Obama is more interested in celebrity parties and selfie photos than being a leader. The phony interpretor is less dangerous.
Gibberish!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042371 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Huh? The fkn kid was a Alex P Keaton__loudmouthed jr right wing loser who couldn't handle losing his debate/extemporaneous speech team identity.
Either that or he and coach Murphy were doing Larry Craig things!
We'll likely learn next week after the cell phones-PC's have been examined.
I'll remind your ignert birther azz when the results come in.
That little girl is in a coma__if she lives, she'll be blind and hospitalized for years.
"Jealousy is a terrible Larry Craig burden"...I suppose Relatime and ol' bareback Nuculur attend separate NAMBLA meetings...

It's the culture....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042372 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said, watched Hillary and Obama politicizing behind the pulpit of black churches in 2008. It was televised. Pretty sure it was them.
There's always been a double standard with democrats where separation of church and state is concerned.
Not only do they misrepresent its meaning as was written by Thomas Jefferson to the Danbury Baptists, but they only invoke their basic misunderstanding of it when it suits their political purposes.
lol! Separation of church and state?

Funny. Cons always promoted God was on their side.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042373 Dec 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>It is the Democrat politicians that have contempt for the poor, as demonstrated by their anti-employment policies and tax regulations. Obama has doubled down on these policies and has hurt not only the poor and unemployed but also the working people.
So... which part of society didn't Romney care about when he spoke of the 47% son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1042374 Dec 15, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>These are not made up controversies to the people that died,were injured or their families. They are controversies because Obama continues to lie about his involvement,or about his goals and priorities.
hmmmm.... unlike iraq eh?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042377 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Gibberish!
Typical response we have come to expect from an empty headed Deltona dumbass...

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042378 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
At least when you steal my lines, they're far better than any of your inane nonsense.
Your imitation is the most sincere for of flattering me.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I noticed this when I was getting ready to close down my computer.

If anything, your idiocy is amusing......

Nuc: "Whaaa, mommy she stole my line."

Nuc you will always be -as I always stated- my widdle MOON BAT!!!!
Mad

United States

#1042379 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
GINGRICH'S PRAISE OF MANDELA RIPS OPEN ISSUE OF RACE
""Newt Gingrich has been right about very few things during a long political career of hypocrisy, duplicity, narcissism and devotion to the no-holds-barred tactics of bomb-throwing and hyper-partisanship. But ever alert to political trends, he was right about this much: He openly opposed South Africa's apartheid government back in the 1980s, and he tried to persuade Ronald Reagan to support the stiff sanctions that finally helped to topple the hateful regime.
Gingrich understood that the Republican Party would not be well served if it continued to be identified as a defender of South Africa's pariah government. When Reagan vetoed legislation that imposed harsh economic penalties against the Pretoria regime, Gingrich helped to lead an effort to override the veto and impose sanctions.""
----------
While the teabag asshats here have been insulting Mr. Mandela in the most crude and nasty terms possible all week.
Even Gingrinch has more class than these asshats.
Mr. Mandela was a terrorist in his younger days that is a statement of fact. How would you describe his terrorist activities? The murders? How would you describe a "Winnie necklace"??

You would cry foul when posters pointed out the signer at Mandela's memorial was fake as your outrage. Schizophrenia no less, rapist, murderer and mental illness episode during memorial claimed he was seeing angels less than 6 feet from the POTUS...who dropped the damn ball on that one?

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042380 Dec 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They really are too ignorant for words. There is obviously something seriously wrong with people who are so easily manipulated by Conservative hate talk radio that they possess realistic perspective of the world around them. It's pathetic.
This from someone who has been lied to repeatedly by their leader and his minions, and yet you still believe the propaganda and rhetoric they're feeding you.

THAT is ignorance beyond words.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1042381 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year award..
It's the culture....
That media zoom in @ Mandella's service was pretty pathetic..Mrs. O has many nods of agreement with her on that one!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Dr Guru 222,460
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 1,471
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 103,453
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Go Blue Forever 55
Can you believe how pathetic this place is? 1 hr Ebby 1
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,936
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,038

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages