Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406250 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042287 Dec 15, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
To some extent, Ms. Jarrett is part of a White House tradition. Bill Clinton brought along his fellow Arkansan Bruce Lindsey as his Mr. Fix-It. Mr. Bush had his Texas confidantes, Karen Hughes and Harriet Miers.
Ok, I think I get it now: it's because Valerie Jarrett was in favor of free contraceptives, isn't it? This is your usual agenda of trashing anyone who is in favor of womens rights to their bodies.
Did Clinton's senior WH officials call Lindsey "the single most influential person in the Clinton administration"? Did Lindsey follow Clinton home every night and go with him on vacations?
Was he called Clinton's "mysterious advisor"? Was he qualified to have such influence over Clinton and his administration?

How about Hughes and Miers? Same questions.

None of them fall into the same category as Valerie Jarrett. Shouldn't we know a little more about someone who is nicknamed "the night stalker" to the president?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042288 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Still jonesing for Valerie Jarrett? What's your problem? The President should not have an advisor? Or is because she's a woman, or because she's a black woman?
Go do some more homework on Rove.
Does this Jarrett crap come from Beck?
None of these azzholes had ever heard of Jarret, Ayers, Alinski etc etc etc until Beck splained it to them every night. You should have read some of the crazy sht Carol used to post on the TeaParty thread__and she would fight with anyone that didn't into Becks creations. There was actually a Glen Beck thread once__haunted by DB Writer and others who post here.

The crazy bastardos have been posting the same sht for five years
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042289 Dec 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. No surprise that you would embrace a book published by World Net Daily.
You are so busy looking for a whine, you loose all perspective.

"A quarter century ago, in his international bestseller Red Horizons, Pacepa exposed the massive crimes and corruption of his former boss, Romanian President Nicolae Ceausescu, giving the dictator a nervous breakdown and inspiring him to send assassination squads to the U.S. to find his former spy chief and kill him. They failed. On Christmas Day 1989, Ceausescu was executed by his own people at the end of a trial whose accusations came almost word-for-word out of Red Horizons.

Indeed, within these pages, Pacepa, along with his co-author, historian and law professor Ronald Rychlak, expose some of the most consequential yet largely unknown disinformation campaigns of our lifetime. "

http://www.amazon.com/Disinformation-Strategi...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1042290 Dec 15, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! poor babies.
reduced to rhetoric!
Oh well, it's like how you reich wingers copied Saul Alinsky because his techniques were so good!
I love this comedy channel!!!
This poster has some interesting insights:

"Just about every issue debated in America today has been reframed from a conservative rather than realistic perspective.

Example: from the 1940's until the mid 1990's approximately 67% of Americans consistently supported an estate tax. However, in 1996, republicans began reframing perception by re-labeling the "estate tax" as the "death tax". Within 3 years, support for "the tax" was reduced to 30%.

What happened? The only thing that changed is the label. That, in turn, changed the attached associations, value judgments and emotions. The implanted perception now contained the negative associations that come to mind when one thinks of death; and since everyone dies, the false construct that everyone will be effected by "the tax" was linked as well.

In the same manner, Liberal was reframed and attached to everything negative and conservative has become reframed as representing everything good.

Corporate welfare bailouts (something conservatives would never support) gained overwhelming conservative support simply by relabeling the bailouts as "liquidity backstops".

Unnecessary war was reframed as an iminant national security treat.
Gun control of any kind means "they" want to take away your hunting rifle.
The term "pro-life" has been reframed to be associated almost solely with abortion, while restricting any association with war, health care or capital punishment.

Then of course there is torture. The Bush administration didn't want to be associated with torturing people, so torture was reframed as "enhanced interrogation techniques". All of a sudden nobody even knows what torture is anymore and 1/2 of America supports simulated drowning.

When reframing is used to produce a broader and deeper cognitive representation of the real world, it is called therapy. When it is used to reduce understanding and restrict perception to a single applied ideology and is done without express consent, it is called manipulation.

How else can republicans expand the size of government more in the last 8 years than in any other 8 year period in history and still be seen by half of America as the fiscally responsible party.

How else can real conservatives be convinced to support the party that gives out no bid contracts and passes and defends laws against the government negotiating drug prices with the pharm companies.

Millions on Americans are being reframed to perceive the world in a more restricted and therefore less accurate view. The very roots of many problems for which people seek therapy to improve have been implanted to constrict personal growth and development. Is it any wonder mental health stability in America has declined significantly since 2000?

Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the collective.

Then there is the false dichotomy. It helps create in-group, out group identification and conformity. For those that adopt a dichotomous world view, the world is viewed in a single extremely restricted and tightly controlled manipulated perception. And, if you don't conform - then you are "one of them"

Examples:

"You are either with us or against us"
"You either support the war, or you support the terrorists"
"you are either against abortion or you support murdering babies.
"if you don't agree with a conservative position, you are acting like a liberal"

You no longer have to wonder why America is so divided...."
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Satellite Beach, FL

#1042291 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Is she black?
You patronize Wallyworld; they counsel their parttime employees on how to apply for medicaide. You are subsidizing socialized medicine for a corporations employees.
While you are focusing on one single mother; the corporation you adore is fking you up even more. See what I mean? Can you comprehend that?
If people were paid a wage that they can survive on, then they wouldn't need assistance.
How do you know she gets $543 a month>? If so, how much does she earn at McDonalds?
$7-8.00 an hour? for 40 hours? She probably takes home less than $300 a week. Then there's her apartment, car, clothing and food for 4 children and herself. Could you do that?
lily plays the race card ... again
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042292 Dec 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We are talking about cell phones dum, dum. Get a clue.
Bush "phones gone wild" by Obama.. Obamaphones... It's the culture...

It's the culture...
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1042293 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>None of these azzholes had ever heard of Jarret, Ayers, Alinski etc etc etc until Beck splained it to them every night. You should have read some of the crazy sht Carol used to post on the TeaParty thread__and she would fight with anyone that didn't into Becks creations. There was actually a Glen Beck thread once__haunted by DB Writer and others who post here.
Realtime say's there is No God, yet Google acts like one.

Praise Google!! Allah Akbar! If not for Google Realtime would be lost you ignorant idiot...

It's the culture...
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042294 Dec 15, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> $543 a month food stamps.
Are you just making this sht up as you go along? Where are you learning of all these details?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042295 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>

Perhaps only poor black people should have their tubes tied;
...only if they want welfare, regardless of race...

get a job, if you can in the Obama Depression...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042296 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Is she black?
You patronize Wallyworld; they counsel their parttime employees on how to apply for medicaide. You are subsidizing socialized medicine for a corporations employees.
While you are focusing on one single mother; the corporation you adore is fking you up even more. See what I mean? Can you comprehend that?
If people were paid a wage that they can survive on, then they wouldn't need assistance.
How do you know she gets $543 a month>? If so, how much does she earn at McDonalds?
$7-8.00 an hour? for 40 hours? She probably takes home less than $300 a week. Then there's her apartment, car, clothing and food for 4 children and herself. Could you do that?
A hamburger flipper is NOT worth the same wages as most EMTs and even doctors only get $6.25 for an hour long pre-cancer screening from the FEDs.

The whole whine is absurd!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1042297 Dec 15, 2013
flack wrote:
Did you receive the Earned Income Tax Credit last year?
I was supposed to receive $3,167 for the Earned Income Tax Credit this year, but I didn’t file [my taxes] because I was a victim of identity theft.
ROTFLMAO!! Classic!

Why would you get that? I thought you were a millionaire?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042298 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>None of these azzholes had ever heard of Jarret, Ayers, Alinski etc etc etc until Beck splained it to them every night. You should have read some of the crazy sht Carol used to post on the TeaParty thread__and she would fight with anyone that didn't into Becks creations. There was actually a Glen Beck thread once__haunted by DB Writer and others who post here.
ROFLMAO at you.

So simplistic of you.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1042299 Dec 15, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This poster has some interesting insights:
"Just about every issue debated in America today has been reframed from a conservative rather than realistic perspective.
Example: from the 1940's until the mid 1990's approximately 67% of Americans consistently supported an estate tax. However, in 1996, republicans began reframing perception by re-labeling the "estate tax" as the "death tax". Within 3 years, support for "the tax" was reduced to 30%.
...the estate/death tax is Communist confiscation of private property....

what gives you moochers the right to take someone's home or farm when they die???
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042301 Dec 15, 2013
My favorite part of Realtimes idiocy was the claim that no one would know who Ayers was. Ayer's Weatherman has always been on the radar.

Silly nilly Realtime did not think folks would make a connection between community organizer and Alinsky -a University of Chicago professor.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1042303 Dec 15, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Are you just making this sht up as you go along? Where are you learning of all these details?
Yeah, I'd like to know that as well. Come Flack, give us the whole scoop.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1042304 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did Clinton's senior WH officials call Lindsey "the single most influential person in the Clinton administration"? Did Lindsey follow Clinton home every night and go with him on vacations?
Was he called Clinton's "mysterious advisor"? Was he qualified to have such influence over Clinton and his administration?
How about Hughes and Miers? Same questions.
None of them fall into the same category as Valerie Jarrett. Shouldn't we know a little more about someone who is nicknamed "the night stalker" to the president?
Are you serious??

Alright, airhead, here's your answer.

Maybe valerie Jarrett is an astrologer.

Reagan ran the Government based on the advice from Nancy's astrologist. It was a major scandal when the hidden astrologer was discovered making decisions of State. And Reagan kept the astrologer a secret until Don Regan mentioned it in his memoirs.

At least we know about Valerie Jarrett.

----------

" In his 1988 memoirs, Don Regan wrote about Nancy's consultations with the astrologer, the first public mention of them, which resulted in embarrassment for the First Lady. Nancy later wrote, "Astrology was simply one of the ways I coped with the fear I felt after my husband almost died... Was astrology one of the reasons [further attempts did not occur]? I don't really believe it was, but I don't really believe it wasn't."

"Nancy Reagan wielded a powerful influence over President Reagan. Again stemming from the assassination attempt, she strictly controlled access to the president and even occasionally attempted to influence her husband's decision making."

"Press framing of Nancy changed from that of just helpmate and protector to someone with hidden power. As the image of her as a political interloper grew, she sought to explicitly deny that she was the power behind the throne. At the end of her time as First Lady, however, she said that her husband had not been well-served by his staff. She acknowledged her role in reaction in influencing him on personnel decisions, saying "In no way do I apologize for it."
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042305 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
Flack was quoting an article that was posted earlier.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042306 Dec 15, 2013
FIVE YEARS AGO TODAY…Al Gore Predicted the North Pole Will Be Ice Free in 5 Years while speaking to a German audience.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1042307 Dec 15, 2013
<quoted text>
There are millions of young women in that same position__not saying it's not true but wondering why it has Flack and others here so rattled.

How in the fk would he know her exact food stamp allowance?

Too much information usually means someone is lying.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1042308 Dec 15, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious??
Alright, airhead, here's your answer.
Maybe valerie Jarrett is an astrologer.
Reagan ran the Government based on the advice from Nancy's astrologist. It was a major scandal when the hidden astrologer was discovered making decisions of State. And Reagan kept the astrologer a secret until Don Regan mentioned it in his memoirs.
At least we know about Valerie Jarrett.
----------
" In his 1988 memoirs, Don Regan wrote about Nancy's consultations with the astrologer, the first public mention of them, which resulted in embarrassment for the First Lady. Nancy later wrote, "Astrology was simply one of the ways I coped with the fear I felt after my husband almost died... Was astrology one of the reasons [further attempts did not occur]? I don't really believe it was, but I don't really believe it wasn't."
"Nancy Reagan wielded a powerful influence over President Reagan. Again stemming from the assassination attempt, she strictly controlled access to the president and even occasionally attempted to influence her husband's decision making."
"Press framing of Nancy changed from that of just helpmate and protector to someone with hidden power. As the image of her as a political interloper grew, she sought to explicitly deny that she was the power behind the throne. At the end of her time as First Lady, however, she said that her husband had not been well-served by his staff. She acknowledged her role in reaction in influencing him on personnel decisions, saying "In no way do I apologize for it."
ROFLMAO

What nutty web-site are you quoting from-hilarious.

You are a MOON BAT

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min WelbyMD 219,784
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 30 min tina anne 60,671
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min pundit 103,171
Al Sharpton 1 hr ky man 10
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,285
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,273
What's happening to Berwyn? (Jun '06) 2 hr You forgot 558

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages