Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263186 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1041877 Dec 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Eed, I never denied she made the comment & this makes you a liar.
What I said was that she was not addressing Congress like you bozos think. She was addressing a legislative meeting of County leaders.
I ao never denied Obama made that comment. This makes you a liar once again. What I said is that the ACA did not cancel policies or change policy networks.
"Bill Clinton:'President Should Honor the Commitment' and Let People Keep Their Insurance Plans"...

Obama wins liar of the year award.. So does duped dumbass Dave

It's the culture...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1041878 Dec 14, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>He was too young for that__he was bible thumping right leaning little mutt who many of his class mates didn't understand. He also had strong opinions about guns and gun laws.
Pro Keneysian? Hah__ROFLMAO
Where did you read that? The conservative treehouse?
Regardless of whatever his political thoughts were, we have to be mindful that this was a teenager and had to have snapped because of something. We must be grateful that he didn't commit mass murder and killed himself instead. His parents recently divorced and he was 18, apparently he bought his own gun. Too bad his parents weren't notified that he was buying one. Sad story. He was also a smart boy and athletic, doesn't fit the normal profile of someone who may do such a thing; but, no one knows when a person is going to snap or why. It also doesn't matter if there are gun laws or not. If a person wants to kill someone, he can find a gun or a knife or whatever to do it.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1041879 Dec 14, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Unless you want to work for a living. Or improve your lot in life. No wonder you like it.
bushie boy sure took a lot of it away son!

And no apologies about it too!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1041880 Dec 14, 2013
tell it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Ethics.....are the individuals responsibility to do what is right Realdave...or do you need an elected official to do that for you?
and yet, cons want to legislate the bedroom!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1041881 Dec 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Regardless of whatever his political thoughts were, we have to be mindful that this was a teenager and had to have snapped because of something. We must be grateful that he didn't commit mass murder and killed himself instead. His parents recently divorced and he was 18, apparently he bought his own gun. Too bad his parents weren't notified that he was buying one. Sad story. He was also a smart boy and athletic, doesn't fit the normal profile of someone who may do such a thing; but, no one knows when a person is going to snap or why. It also doesn't matter if there are gun laws or not. If a person wants to kill someone, he can find a gun or a knife or whatever to do it.
What is in the mind of a deranged democRAT Alan Grayson "Republicans want you to do die" comment may have prompted Arapahoe High gunman shooting

'Arapahoe High gunman held strong political beliefs, classmates said'

"In one Facebook post, Pierson attacks the philosophies of economist Adam Smith, who through his invisible-hand theory pushed the notion that the free market was self-regulating. In another post, he describes himself as "Keynesian."

'Pierson also appears to mock Republicans on another Facebook post, writing "you republicans are so cute" and posting an image that reads: "The Republican Party: Health Care: Let 'em Die, Climate Change: Let 'em Die, Gun Violence: Let 'em Die, Women's Rights: Let 'em Die, More War: Let 'em Die. Is this really the side you want to be on?"'
http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24721367/ar...

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_24721367/ar...

It's the culture...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1041882 Dec 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Really I do not pay attention to gender of posters and use the generic "he" most of the time.
A childish thing for you to get upset about!
Nice try.

But you're the only one who believes that.

It's funny to see you try to run cover for your ignorant behavior!!

So funny to see you try to cover for your weak attempts at throwing insults at Realtime. You did it far more than once, so spare me the lame attempt to justify it.

The fact that you took the time to justify your behavior proves you know you were caught!!

You wingnuts are too easy!! You bark like trained seals!!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1041883 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Hey, we can agree about certain issues. However, we do know he was angry with the debate coach.

Location hidden

#1041884 Dec 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect from someone who tells another poster to commit suicide?
So why don't you take it up with Fenris??

It's his most commonly used insult, Gunner. He tells liberals to kill themselves all the time, yet you say nothing.

Your lame attempts to make me feel bad about Carol's slow suicide just won't work. I love to point out the moral shortcomings of you wingnuts.

I'll wager you're a smoker yourself.

I enjoy reminding her that she's killing herself.

Or are you going to be stupid and say that smoking will not kill her??

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1041885 Dec 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Tourette's syndrome is a mental illness that causes people to have what we call tics. Tics are repetitive behaviors that people do because of a sudden urge to do them. For example, one common tic, that patients with Tourette's have is that they blink their eyes very quickly. This is caused by a sudden urge to blink their eyes that will often not go away until they do it. The action is still under voluntary control, but to the person with Tourette's syndrome, it is often easier to succumb to the desire to do one of these actions. Other examples of tics include face grimacing, neck stretching, hand clapping. More complex tics include repeating words people say (called echopraxia), and blurting out obscene language (called copropraxia). Despite Tourette's being known for copropraxia, this symptom is quite uncommon even in people with Tourette's. It is estimated that less than 10% of children with Tourette's syndrome have this tic. Thus, the vast majority of children that swear do not have Tourette's syndrome. I suggest that you schedule a checkup for your son with his pediatrician. The two of you can discuss this and any other symptom he is having. If his doctor is concerned at all, he may refer him to a child psychiatrist.
I suggest that you apply some tic powder.

Location hidden

#1041886 Dec 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
lol...you really thought I meant the nation? Lmao! Stoooopid.
You get angry when confronted with your stupidity. That's good.

YOU said 'China landed on the moon.'

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
china landed on the moon.

----------

If you paid attention to Leosnana's lessons, you'd not have made such a stupid statement.

"China landed on the moon" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If you had a brain, you'd have said;

"Chinese unmanned spacecraft lands on moon".

Emaam = English as a foreign language!!

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1041887 Dec 14, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>DemocRAT Alan Grayson "Republicans want you to do die " Comment Prompted Arapahoe High gunman killing..
It's the culture....
Grayson is a lunatic.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1041888 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
No comment.
Come on lily, be a good sport and play along with Lois Lame.

Podhoretz, the big daddy of the neocon movement and hero to poster fred/Paul is new to Lois.

She thinks he's just some poor Jewish feller from Poland.

Location hidden

#1041889 Dec 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
...while you fools ignore the "smarmy little mofo" and Liar of the Year pretending to be president.
You mean the Great President who whupped your sorry-assed smarmy little mofo of a candidate??

Your anger over Rmoney's defeat hasn't gotten any better, Gunner.

Deal with it.

No wonder you stayed away for a year. Did you get some good meds for your depression??
LOL
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1041890 Dec 14, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
...while you fools ignore the "smarmy little mofo" and Liar of the Year pretending to be president.
Gooner and Ewoman circle jerk time!!
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1041891 Dec 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why don't you take it up with Fenris??
It's his most commonly used insult, Gunner. He tells liberals to kill themselves all the time, yet you say nothing.
Your lame attempts to make me feel bad about Carol's slow suicide just won't work. I love to point out the moral shortcomings of you wingnuts.
I'll wager you're a smoker yourself.
I enjoy reminding her that she's killing herself.
Or are you going to be stupid and say that smoking will not kill her??
Goon living high as a mooch.
Taxpayer fat pension and free healthcare, regardless whether he smokes or not, and no matter how many Krispy Kremes he inhales.
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1041892 Dec 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice try.
But you're the only one who believes that.
It's funny to see you try to run cover for your ignorant behavior!!
So funny to see you try to cover for your weak attempts at throwing insults at Realtime. You did it far more than once, so spare me the lame attempt to justify it.
The fact that you took the time to justify your behavior proves you know you were caught!!
You wingnuts are too easy!! You bark like trained seals!!
Obama bin Lyin wins liar of the year award..

Who was Obama's speech writers idol?

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough, it will be believed. Adolf Hitler

It's the culture....
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1041893 Dec 14, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the Great President who whupped your sorry-assed smarmy little mofo of a candidate??
Your anger over Rmoney's defeat hasn't gotten any better, Gunner.
Deal with it.
No wonder you stayed away for a year. Did you get some good meds for your depression??
LOL
He has you and I to thank for those meds!

Location hidden

#1041894 Dec 14, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I was talking to the adults. Move along, kid.
Wow!! You pull out some of the lamest comments on Topix!!

First you comment on typos, then you go downhill from there. Nice work, loser!!

You're insults are as lame as Jason's. No wonder you weenies get along so well.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1041895 Dec 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Bill Moyers blasted the National Rifle Association (NRA) in a commentary released on Friday, accusing the NRA of devolving into political bullies and lamenting what he described as an increasing disregard for gun safety in Texas.
“So it goes:‘Thou Shalt Not Kill,’” Moyers said on Moyers & Company.“But if you do, hide behind the Second Amendment, made holier and more sacrosanct by the NRA than God’s own commandment.”
Moyers also looked back to former NRA President Charleton Heston’s famous boast that gun safety supporters would have to wrest his rifle from his “cold, dead hands,” arguing that his rhetoric fed less into the beliefs held by Moses — who Heston played in The Ten Commandments — and more into the Wild West mythos the NRA has helped propagate.
“The good Lord seems not to have anticipated the National Rifle Association,” Moyers said.“Its conscience as cold and dead as Charlton Heston’s grip on his gun, the NRA has become the armed bully of American politics, the enabler of the gunfighter nation, whose exceptionalism includes a high tolerance for the slaughter of the innocent.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/13/bill-mo...
so which one of you nutjobs is going to take on the task of playing down the deaths of 20 children?
The louder that Bill Moyers yells about the NRAl, the more we will contribute to it.

Society is sick. Direct your bullshit there.

I need my gun to protect myself from you and the sick society you've created along with the Magic Negro.

Location hidden

#1041896 Dec 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly, I wonder if she says stupid things for attention.
I am done rewarding the fool.
s that a putdown to you?? What does it say about your opinion of your own gender?? Remember, you're the one who went around talking about your nasty vag ina for days on here!!

So, as a woman, tell us why you hate your gender so much you refer to men you hate as women??

I

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

(You promised to stop replying to me before. As usual, you lied.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word (Dec '08) 7 min Dream Crystal 5,379
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 min Coffee Party 194,493
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 12 min Dream Crystal 8,110
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 31 min CrunchyBacon 100,291
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 33 min Dream Crystal 442
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 55 min Dream Crystal 1,196
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 54,347
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages