Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1601227 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1042505 Dec 15, 2013
Correction - the '57 states and 2 to go not counting Hawaii' snafu didn't help either.

He was probably just tired. Any presidential candidate could forgot there are 50 states in the union. He's the only one who did though.

Orlando, FL

#1042506 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>McCain and Bush flew fighter jets... Obama drives golf carts.. See the difference?
It's the culture....
McCain was tested as a leader in the military and had years of leadership experience in Congress. Obama wore his radical liberalism on his sleeve as a junior senator.

A difference there too.

Orlando, FL

#1042507 Dec 15, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
You really think those millenials are going to pull the lever for the Party of vaginal probes and rape insurance?
Pretty sure they've figured out there really isn't a war on women.

But please don't start another one with vaginal probes as your weapon of choice next year.

There's more important things to consider than women's private parts and reproductive organs. Most of us just aren't interested anymore including millennials, thankfully.
LCNLin

United States

#1042508 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
McCain was tested as a leader in the military and had years of leadership experience in Congress. Obama wore his radical liberalism on his sleeve as a junior senator.
A difference there too.
Dolly Dimples could not find Germany on a map.
LCNLin

United States

#1042509 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Think it became a pattern with this president - not acknowledging his allegiance to this country. It started when he was one of the democratic candidates at an event with the other candidates and the only one who didn't put his hand over his heart during the National Anthem.
It's a symptom of disconnect. The pin was just another symptom. The '57 states' snafu didn't help either.
Think it became you pattern to post anti Obama tripe for five years.

LOL

Orlando, FL

#1042510 Dec 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
young people, who can't get jobs in the Obama Depression and have crushing college debt...finally figured out that Obama wants them to be the cash cow for the ObamaKKKare welfare moochers....
Thank the Lord....

...they finally figured it out, I mean.
RUSH10ME

Urbanna, VA

#1042511 Dec 15, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>McCain and Bush flew fighter jets... Obama drives golf carts.. See the difference?
It's the culture....
Obammy was also "driven" by Larry Sinclare in more ways than one , I wonder how long it took Vallerie Jarret to wipe Larry's finger prints from the back of those pistol grip ears of obamas .

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1042512 Dec 15, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Politically savvy, indeed Goon!
No one else on here pretends to be politically savvy other than the self-promoted "Political Breakfast Man" aka Realtime.

Indeed Idiot, he's almost as politically clueless as you are.
LCNLin

United States

#1042513 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
He tried to warn Congress as far back as 2002 of the impending crisis.
They should have listened. Both sides but especially yours.
LOL

Repeat Yarn number 1,000
LCNLin

United States

#1042514 Dec 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
young people, who can't get jobs in the Obama Depression and have crushing college debt...finally figured out that Obama wants them to be the cash cow for the ObamaKKKare welfare moochers....
You have a government job and food stamps and what else?
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1042515 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
A difference there too.
And then he chose Palin!
Ahahaha!
Whine all you want, old woman.
Your Party has failed you, twice.
LCNLin

United States

#1042516 Dec 15, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
More gibberish.......
usually racist as well
LCNLin

United States

#1042517 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank the Lord....
...they finally figured it out, I mean.
keep drinking the Kool Aide

LOL
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1042518 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretty sure they've figured out there really isn't a war on women.
But please don't start another one with vaginal probes as your weapon of choice next year.
There's more important things to consider than women's private parts and reproductive organs. Most of us just aren't interested anymore including millennials, thankfully.
Tell that to your Party leadership.
The war continues.
Now you need special rape insurance if you live in MI
Your Party has been getting training on "how to speak to women"
Too bad no one learned.

Orlando, FL

#1042519 Dec 15, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Barack the Magic Negro lives in D.C.
The L.A. Times, they called him that
'Cause he's not authentic like me.
Yeah, the guy from the L.A. paper
Said he makes guilty whites feel good
They'll vote for him, and not for me
'Cause he's not from the hood.
See, real black men, like Snoop Dog,
Or me, or Farrakhan
Have talked the talk, and walked the walk.
Not come in late and won!
[refrain]
Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
'Cause he's black, but not authentically.
Oh, Barack the Magic Negro, lives in D.C.
'Cause he's black, but not authentically.
Some say Barack's "articulate"
And bright and new and "clean."
The media sure loves this guy,
A white interloper's dream!
But, when you vote for president,
Watch out, and don't be fooled!
Don't vote the Magic Negro in -
'Cause 'cause I won't have nothing after all these years of sacrifice
And I won't get justice. This is about justice. This isn't about me, it's about justice.
It's about buffet. I don't have no buffet and there won't be any church contributions,
Read more: Paul Shanklin - Barack The Magic Negro Lyrics | MetroLyrics
Rap isn't my style of music but this one is good too.

http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
GOPidiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1042520 Dec 15, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL
Repeat Yarn number 1,000
Carol conveniently forgets Bush's Great Ownership Society.
She ignores the Dream Down Payment Act, as well as Bush's injection of cash to expand Fannie Mae.
Warned Congress indeed.
She is a complete boob.
Now she's convinced young folks will actually vote GOP.
There is not ONE prediction of hers EVER to come true in all these years of her hysteria.
LCNLin

United States

#1042521 Dec 15, 2013
Dec 1, 2008

The Bush administration backed off proposed crackdowns on no-money-down, interest-only mortgages years before the economy collapsed, buckling to pressure from some of the same banks that have now failed. It ignored remarkably prescient warnings that foretold the financial meltdown, according to an Associated Press review of regulatory documents.

"Expect fallout, expect foreclosures, expect horror stories," California mortgage lender Paris Welch wrote to U.S. regulators in January 2006, about one year before the housing implosion cost her a job.

Bowing to aggressive lobbying _ along with assurances from banks that the troubled mortgages were OK _ regulators delayed action for nearly one year. By the time new rules were released late in 2006, the toughest of the proposed provisions were gone and the meltdown was under way.

"These mortgages have been considered more safe and sound for portfolio lenders than many fixed rate mortgages," David Schneider, home loan president of Washington Mutual, told federal regulators in early 2006. Two years later, WaMu became the largest bank failure in U.S. history.

The administration's blind eye to the impending crisis is emblematic of a philosophy that trusted market forces and discounted the need for government intervention in the economy. Its belief ironically has ushered in the most massive government intervention since the 1930s.

"We're going to be feeling the effects of the regulators' failure to address these mortgages for the next several years," said Kevin Stein of the California Reinvestment Coalition, who warned regulators to tighten lending rules before it was too late.

Many of the banks that fought to undermine the proposals by some regulators are now either out of business or accepting billions in federal aid to recover from a mortgage crisis they insisted would never come. Many executives remain in high-paying jobs, even after their assurances were proved false.

In 2005, faced with ominous signs the housing market was in jeopardy, bank regulators proposed new guidelines for banks writing risky loans. Today, in the midst of the worst housing recession in a generation, the proposal reads like a list of what-ifs:

_Regulators told bankers exotic mortgages were often inappropriate for buyers with bad credit.

_Banks would have been required to increase efforts to verify that buyers actually had jobs and could afford houses.

_Regulators proposed a cap on risky mortgages so a string of defaults wouldn't be crippling.

_Banks that bundled and sold mortgages were told to be sure investors knew exactly what they were buying.

Orlando, FL

#1042522 Dec 15, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
And then he chose Palin!
Ahahaha!
Whine all you want, old woman.
Your Party has failed you, twice.
Palin successfully went after corruption in her own party as governor of Alaska.

Biden is sweet in an eccentric sort of way but it's worrisome to a lot of us he's just one step away from the presidency.

You really don't have any room to talk about VPs.

Orlando, FL

#1042524 Dec 15, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol conveniently forgets Bush's Great Ownership Society.
She ignores the Dream Down Payment Act, as well as Bush's injection of cash to expand Fannie Mae.
Warned Congress indeed.
She is a complete boob.
Now she's convinced young folks will actually vote GOP.
There is not ONE prediction of hers EVER to come true in all these years of her hysteria.
Oh, for heaven's sake. Helping "qualified buyers" with a "down payment" is a helluva lot different than letting anyone and everyone sign on the dotted line to get a 30-year mortgage on an overpriced house they couldn't afford in the first place.

Bush warned Congress numerous times that Fannie & Freddie needed more oversight,or we were going to be in big trouble.
LCNLin

United States

#1042525 Dec 15, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Palin successfully went after corruption in her own party as governor of Alaska.
Biden is sweet in an eccentric sort of way but it's worrisome to a lot of us he's just one step away from the presidency.
You really don't have any room to talk about VPs.
Without Palin McCain might have been elected.

2008 and 2012 President Obama was elected and reelected.

2009 to 2013 you have had one long whine :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 23 min They cannot kill ... 1,580
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 26 min Long Street 23
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 29 min She deserved it 25
Coffee with Jesus. 36 min Pissed postert 6
kenneka jenkins needs justice! 46 min Obumer 4
He Fights. 47 min I fought 5
Whatever became of Vida? 2 hr Still in Area 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages