Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405649 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1041532 Dec 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican establishment's much-anticipated pushback against the tea party wing is underway. House Speaker John Boehner made that clear Thursday, when he renewed his denunciation of groups that try to defeat GOP incumbents they consider too willing to compromise with Democrats.
Some Republican loyalists wonder what took so long. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently took steps to help mainstream Republicans in party primaries, but Boehner's high-profile outburst will move the effort to the GOP's front burners.
Cheering him on are mainstream Republicans who angrily watched for three years as hard-right groups exercised remarkable clout in the party, the Congress and elections. Tea party-backed nominees helped the GOP win control of the House in 2010, but they also lost several Senate races seen as winnable, keeping the Senate in Democratic hands.
This past summer, uncompromising House Republicans forced a partial government shutdown that damaged the party's image, just as Boehner warned it would.
Many Republicans also feel conservative activists pushed presidential nominee Mitt Romney so far to the right on immigration and other issues that it eased President Barack Obama's path to re-election last year.
"The establishment has no choice at this point," said former Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican who has criticized the tea party's growing influence. "So they're taking them on."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/john...
not everyone wants to win by losing.
Boehner finally grew a pair? Probably too late, but at least he'll go down fighting those teabaggers.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1041533 Dec 14, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
SaveUSA is confused. The far leftist Jews in this country are not of the same mindset as Israeli Jews.
"There are two types of Jews — those who believe Judaism is social justice and those who know Hebrew."
Carol is now an expert on Judaism and speaks for the Jews.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1041534 Dec 14, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
Why do White kids keep shooting each other?
Two Colorado high school students were wounded today when a teenager armed with a shotgun barged into the building "military style" with the intention of shooting one of the school's teachers and fired at the fleeing educator.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/students-shot-arapah...
He was mad that he was kicked off the debate team. Oh well, he's dead now and thankfully no one else got killed.
Where'd he get the gun?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1041535 Dec 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Republican establishment's much-anticipated pushback against the tea party wing is underway. House Speaker John Boehner made that clear Thursday, when he renewed his denunciation of groups that try to defeat GOP incumbents they consider too willing to compromise with Democrats.
Some Republican loyalists wonder what took so long. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently took steps to help mainstream Republicans in party primaries, but Boehner's high-profile outburst will move the effort to the GOP's front burners.
Cheering him on are mainstream Republicans who angrily watched for three years as hard-right groups exercised remarkable clout in the party, the Congress and elections. Tea party-backed nominees helped the GOP win control of the House in 2010, but they also lost several Senate races seen as winnable, keeping the Senate in Democratic hands.
This past summer, uncompromising House Republicans forced a partial government shutdown that damaged the party's image, just as Boehner warned it would.
Many Republicans also feel conservative activists pushed presidential nominee Mitt Romney so far to the right on immigration and other issues that it eased President Barack Obama's path to re-election last year.
"The establishment has no choice at this point," said former Rep. Tom Davis, a Virginia Republican who has criticized the tea party's growing influence. "So they're taking them on."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/13/john...
not everyone wants to win by losing.
It will take years for Republicans to undo the damage teabagger lunacy has done to their image. They've let these idiots in the door with the idea that they could manipulate their hate and fear. The problem is that people who live in a world of hate and fear don't respond to logic.
LOOK

London, UK

#1041536 Dec 14, 2013
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
What Black president??

I am still waiting for the FIRST BLACK PRESIDENT.

I know there is a FIRST LADY who is BLACK.

OBAMA is MIXED RACE!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1041537 Dec 14, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner finally grew a pair? Probably too late, but at least he'll go down fighting those teabaggers.
Boehner is simply responding to pressure from big business donors that are demanding that he rein in the nut case teabaggers that are willing to throw the country back into a recession. He still has an empty sack.

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#1041538 Dec 14, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
It will take years for Republicans to undo the damage teabagger lunacy has done to their image. They've let these idiots in the door with the idea that they could manipulate their hate and fear. The problem is that people who live in a world of hate and fear don't respond to logic.
What I really find amusing is that the birther crowd is backing Ted Cruz for President. That's just KARMA coming back in a big way.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041539 Dec 14, 2013
How Outside Conservative Groups Pushed John Boehner Over The Edge

After several right-wing outside groups slammed the bipartisan budget deal negotiated by House Budget Chair Paul Ryan (R-WI) and Senate Budget Chair Patty Murray (D-WA)— in some cases before the deal was even announced — Speaker of the House John Boehner (R-OH) hit his breaking point.“When you criticize something and you have no idea what you’re criticizing, you’ve lost your credibility,” he told reporters Thursday, noting that it “comes to a point where some people step over a line.” But Boehner’s frustration has no doubt been building up over this three years as Speaker, as groups like Heritage Action, FreedomWorks, and the Senate Conservatives Fund (SCF) have stymied his attempts to pass even conservative-friendly legislation.

In 2011, Boehner and President Obama were on the verge of reaching a “grand bargain” on taxes, spending, and deficit reduction. The talks fell through, in part because freshmen Republicans and the conservative groups that backed them were unwilling to accept new revenue.

....Though Paul Ryan has enjoyed a close relationship with Tea Party groups like FreedomWorks in the past, these groups slammed the Ryan-Murray compromise as a “surender.” and promised to hold it against anyone who votes for his bill. Heritage Action condemned the bill as “a step backwards.” The 2012 Vice Presidential nominee dismissed the attacks from the right as a “strange new normal.”

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2013/12/12/...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1041541 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
That awkward moment when a Progressive realizes calling conservatives teabaggers means they are the teabagged.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1041543 Dec 14, 2013
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Boehner is simply responding to pressure from big business donors that are demanding that he rein in the nut case teabaggers that are willing to throw the country back into a recession. He still has an empty sack.
You guys couldn't figure out how to get out of a wet bag.

That awkward moment when a Progressive realizes that calling conservative teabaggers mean are the teabagged.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041544 Dec 14, 2013
For years, Republican Rep. Paul Ryan has been hoisted on a pedestal by conservative think tanks and activist groups as the paragon of conservatism in Congress. But all the accolades bought him zero goodwill this week, as he crafted his first bipartisan budget pact.

The Cato Institute called the package a "huge Republican cave-in." The Club for Growth lamented it as "budgetary smoke and mirrors." Heritage Action said it was "a step backward." And FreedomWorks called it a "surrender."

It's quite the turnabout for a politician whose rapid rise was fueled, in part, by the backing of such groups.

"It's a strange new normal, isn't it," Ryan said with a laugh Wednesday, after he presented the package to his House GOP colleagues. "It is what it is. It's funny, isn't it?"

Ryan said he was confident, despite the outside rabble-rousing, that a majority of House Republicans will back the package.

"I don't let that stuff bother me anymore. Groups are going to do what they want to do," Ryan said. "What matters to me is: Am I doing what I think is right? Am I sticking to my principles? And am I listening to my colleagues who actually have a voting card?"

He said conservatives need to accept that their preferred agenda will not pass through so long as government is divided. "I think we need to win some elections before we can actually truly fix this problem," the 2012 losing vice presidential candidate said of the nation's debt.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/paul-...

yes, they seem to have forgotten that if you want everyone to do what you want you need to be in charge.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1041545 Dec 14, 2013
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
What I really find amusing is that the birther crowd is backing Ted Cruz for President. That's just KARMA coming back in a big way.
Meanwhile Obama bin Lyin has succeeded in losing demokRATs the House and Senate in 2014...

It will take years for demokRATS to undo damage the Obama bin Lyin lunacy has done to their party and obamaKare image.

Obama has been nominated for liar of the year!!!

Liberalism is dead!!

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1041546 Dec 14, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Like always, Galt has this backwards.
Those on the right call Pro Choice people, Pro Abortion.
Those on the left have always understood that being Pro Choice is not being pro abortion.
Nonsense, Progressives always call associations/support that does not exist to hid the reality that only a few support their agenda.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041547 Dec 14, 2013
SaveUSA wrote:
<quoted text> All political parties are crooked and controlled by powerful Zionist Jews who are destroying our country and killing our people . We are lied to everyday by the Jewish controlled media's . Make no mistake our country is under attack .
TODAY AMERICA IS BEING DESTROYED BY EVIL FILTHY ROTTEN JEWS . AMERICA HAS BEEN UNDER ATTACK FOR DECADES .
Nixon And Billy Graham
Anti-Semitism Caught On Tape
By James Warren
Chicago Tribune staff reporter
3-1-02
Rev. Billy Graham openly voiced a belief that Jews control the American media, calling it a "stranglehold" during a 1972 conversation with President Richard Nixon, according to a tape of the Oval Office meeting released Thursday by the National Archives.
"This stranglehold has got to be broken or the country's going down the drain," the nation's best-known preacher declared as he agreed with a stream of bigoted Nixon comments about Jews and their perceived influence in American life.
"You believe that?" Nixon says after the "stranglehold" comment.
"Yes, sir," Graham says.
"Oh, boy," replies Nixon. "So do I. I can't ever say that but I believe it."
"No, but if you get elected a second time, then we might be able to do something," Graham replies.
Within days of these exchanges becoming public the decrepit Graham was hauled from his semi-dotage, and impelled to express public contrition.“Experts” on Graham were duly cited as expressing their “shock” at Graham’s White House table talk.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2013/11/01/when-b...

racism takes many forms. none of which most sane folks are going to put up with.
LCNLin

United States

#1041548 Dec 14, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
For years, Republican Rep. Paul Ryan has been hoisted on a pedestal by conservative think tanks and activist groups as the paragon of conservatism in Congress. But all the accolades bought him zero goodwill this week, as he crafted his first bipartisan budget pact.
The Cato Institute called the package a "huge Republican cave-in." The Club for Growth lamented it as "budgetary smoke and mirrors." Heritage Action said it was "a step backward." And FreedomWorks called it a "surrender."
It's quite the turnabout for a politician whose rapid rise was fueled, in part, by the backing of such groups.
"It's a strange new normal, isn't it," Ryan said with a laugh Wednesday, after he presented the package to his House GOP colleagues. "It is what it is. It's funny, isn't it?"
Ryan said he was confident, despite the outside rabble-rousing, that a majority of House Republicans will back the package.
"I don't let that stuff bother me anymore. Groups are going to do what they want to do," Ryan said. "What matters to me is: Am I doing what I think is right? Am I sticking to my principles? And am I listening to my colleagues who actually have a voting card?"
He said conservatives need to accept that their preferred agenda will not pass through so long as government is divided. "I think we need to win some elections before we can actually truly fix this problem," the 2012 losing vice presidential candidate said of the nation's debt.
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/paul-...
yes, they seem to have forgotten that if you want everyone to do what you want you need to be in charge.
Outside of Carol just ignore the trolls
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1041549 Dec 14, 2013
<quoted text>
Carol is now an expert on Judaism and speaks for the Jews.
lily thinks everyone has their head permanently planted in the sand-like her- and cannot see the political leanings of various groups.

You don't have to be Jewish to observe this.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1041550 Dec 14, 2013
Obama Wins “Lie Of The Year"

Lie of the Year:'If you like your health care plan, you can keep it'

For four of the past five years, PolitiFact's Lie of the Year!!!

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/artic...

Surprized sonicmoron skipped this one....

It's the culture....
LCNLin

United States

#1041551 Dec 14, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is like a dance with the arms:>
"If you despise low IQ folks then you should be suicidal by now.
Or maybe you're too stupid to realize it" - shinningelectr0n
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1041552 Dec 14, 2013
Hanoi Jane's charity foundation has'nt donated to anyone in 5 years!!! What a sleezy woman she remains! Don't send her money!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041553 Dec 14, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Outside of Carol just ignore the trolls
but i like poking a stick in the cage!

my wife is always asking....

"Why are you laughing?"

me....'Nutjobs."

her...."Again?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Brian_G 60,666
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dr Guru 219,717
Al Sharpton 1 hr AlisAPieceOfShyt 7
This is reason Pat Buchanan fired from CNN. 2 hr PJ all the way 1
Chicago has the Worst Women 5 hr Chiraq 40
What's the point of War 6 hr Anonymous 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 1,265
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr RACE 103,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages