Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1510391 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1041088 Dec 13, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
about time for you to stop wasting effort on Ghost...
lol! I understand son.

You're afraid.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1041089 Dec 13, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
He is in the third grade special education class...
Typical DemocRAT.
lol! Then obviously a person you look up to!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1041090 Dec 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Theme song at the next RNC?
For the record Homer is a big Molly Hatchet fan.
I saw them at the Civic Center in Ft. Pierce FL back in 80', right after Flirtin' with Disaster was released.
Great concert, I still remember you throwing your underwear up on the stage. Didn't the bass player throw them back?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1041091 Dec 13, 2013
flack wrote:
Holiday spending slides as wealthy hold back: CNBC survey
Steve Liesman CNBC
The CNBC All-America Economic Survey paints a contradictory portrait of consumers and of their finances, and willingness to spend ahead of the critical Christmas shopping season.
On the one hand, the survey shows expectations for home values and wages increasing, inflation concerns falling and optimism about the stock market rising.
On the other hand, the survey of 800 people nationwide (with a margin of error of 3.5 percent) predicts a sharp, 9.4 percent drop in holiday spending this year compared with actual outlays a year ago as measured by the National Retail Federation. Americans plan to spend just $681 this holiday season, about on par with 2009, when the nation was clawing its way out of a deep financial crisis.
Behind this drop is a sharp falloff in spending by the wealthy. Those with incomes above $100,000 plan to lay out $300 less than they did last year, undoing two years of strong gains. But more broadly, overall sentiment about the economy remains muted and incomes severely challenged. There's even evidence that the imbroglios in Washington had a depressing effect on holiday spending.
spending by high-earners is down because they are bearing almost all the tax burden for ObamaKKKare...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1041092 Dec 13, 2013
a borted fetus wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan Rather
He has been nominated for induction into the liberal hall of shame.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041093 Dec 13, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
MMfA is a joke. Get a reality check.
FOX hasn't increased it's viewership in years.

big influence it's not.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1041094 Dec 13, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
A 16-year-old avoided spending time in prison for killing four people in a car accident in June after the judge bought his lawyers' argument that he was the victim of wealth.
CBSDFW reports that Ethan Couch was sentenced in a Fort Worth, Tex. juvenile court to 10 years probation for the drunk driving crash that ended the lives of youth pastor, Brian Jennings; Hollie and Shelby Boyles; and Breanna Mitchell.
Prosecutors asked that Couch serve 20 years in prison. His blood alcohol level was .24, three times the legal limit for an adult.
Psychologist G. Dick Miller testified for the defense that Couch suffered from "affluenza," a condition in which "his family felt that wealth bought privilege and there was no rational link between behavior and consequences," KHOU reported.
Miller said Couch's parents never punished him for his behavior, even when, in a separate incident, cops found him passed out in a car with a naked 14-year-old girl.
As part of his sentence, Couch will be sent to a private counseling center that costs $450,000, which will be paid for by his father.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/etha...
Read that one a couple days ago, quite a tragedy. No doubt money talks and it shouldn't, but he's 16 old kid. Not sure what punishment fits here. Maybe a few years working in a homeless shelter would open his eyes.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1041095 Dec 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
On this day in 2000, Gore finally conceded the presidential election to George W Bush.
a great day, when the nightmare was over....

how many threads are you trolling today, doll???...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1041096 Dec 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
I saw them at the Civic Center in Ft. Pierce FL back in 80', right after Flirtin' with Disaster was released.
Seen them a few times in Charleston and Huntington. Seen them a few times down here but not much of the old band left. It was a sad day for southern rock when Danny Joe Brown died.
Mimi

Satellite Beach, FL

#1041097 Dec 13, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
LOOK:
ACA STILL HERE! DOING GREAT!
GET SOME TODAY:
healthcare.gov
Thousands sign up just for med insurance!
no subsidy needed!
others get this deal:
$51 per month for full coverage
BLUE CROSS MEDICAL INSURANCE!
add dental.....$35 a month, right on site!
Meanwhile the Republican scumbagggs pass a $625 BILLION bombs bill!
The worlds police force gets $625 billion, no questions asked.
Billions more than sought!
But Republican scumbagggs cut food aid to poor kids!
But billions for bombs? A OK!
Then they cry all day about citizens getting med ins?
$5 co pay Dr. visits!
$10 co pay Rx!
$1400 out of pocket max per year!
And carols ACA Dr. boycott in California?
PROVED ANOTHER URBAN MYTH! LA TIMES!
Get on a billion dollar bomb baby!
((( Republicans all going to hell. LOL!)))
Are you and "dem" one and the same? You post in a similarly childish fashion.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1041098 Dec 13, 2013
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn, I give you kudos for using a designated interpreter, and this is the thanks I get?
Wah wah wah, looks like you used up all your humor on the one joke.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1041099 Dec 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Can't hear that song with out thinking of my old friend Johnny. He died way too young.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041100 Dec 13, 2013
a borted fetus wrote:
<quoted text>
Injuns like you are Pagan, sky people worshippers...
Scientology?

that's for stupid rich people.

yes, there are stupid rich people. it's an American specialty; have you seen the newest crap from Trump? seems someone had someone killed because of Obama's birth certificate.

only in America.
Mimi

Satellite Beach, FL

#1041101 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
My guess is that it is usually young black men who buy those old police cars...
It's part of his white supremacy daily reporting. Stay tuned for Carols reporting that she has rushed out to buy Ted Cruz' coloring book...
You appear to be the resident racist for the Black team.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1041102 Dec 13, 2013
Homer wrote:
Hello stupidfcks and normal people, what's the latest?
Obama, still way down in the polls, plans to raise the minimum wage as an attempt to curb his plummeting poll numbers. That and, artichokes are on sale down at the Piggly Wiggly.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1041103 Dec 13, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ryan has decided to ignore the Tea Party & far right.
Any Republican hoping to win the Presidency in 2016 should follow suit if they want to win.
It would be wonderful if uncle Joe bacame president before then , well one can always dream ,right??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1041104 Dec 13, 2013
a borted fetus wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he can get with Pelosi and have a 'pass it so we can see what's in it ' party!!!!!
would that be better than 'I'm afraid to tell you what's in it until we pass it'?

pretty much every Republican budget for the last 5 years.
Mimi

Satellite Beach, FL

#1041105 Dec 13, 2013
<quoted text>
You're a big fat liar
Now you're posting as immaturely as the "dem" and "OBAMA the GENIUS" characters. Could you all be a threesome?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1041106 Dec 13, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Also found on FOX was Megyn Kelly's Santa and Jesus were white rant. It must have been part of that networks annual war on Christmas.
given that the mythical Santa Claus figure is of European origin, he is decidedly white...

...got a problem with that, pal???...

...if so, take it up with your chica at the bar....

...you self-righteous muckety-muck...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1041107 Dec 13, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Read that one a couple days ago, quite a tragedy. No doubt money talks and it shouldn't, but he's 16 old kid. Not sure what punishment fits here. Maybe a few years working in a homeless shelter would open his eyes.
It just seem so improbable to me. Michael Douglas' son is doing 15 years for being a drug addict and this dope is going to counseling.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min spunky 239,673
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 27 min Patriot AKA Bozo 8,084
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 2,384
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 3,058
Obama has LEAK under sink. 6 hr TruePlumberTroy 43
The Scoop on Weiner. 6 hr Im the Moyle 6
Deporting Seniors. 6 hr I want a Limo 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages