Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

United States

#1039469 Dec 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The original poster said Ted Cruz filibustered the ACA.
Despite the FACT the CA passed in 2010 & Cruz was not in the US Senate at that time.
Do ya get it yet, dumbass.
A chimp splitting hairs; whatever will they come up with next.....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1039470 Dec 11, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Carol there have been studies comparing liberal and conservative brains and it turns out that conservatives are more rigid in their thought processes and liberals more flexible and creative.
"...Political conservatism is promoted when people rely on low-effort thinking. When effortful, deliberate responding is disrupted or disengaged, thought processes become quick and efficient; these conditions promote conservative ideology… low-effort thought might promote political conservatism because its concepts are easier to process, and processing fluency increases attitude endorsement.
Four studies support our assertion that low-effort thinking promotes political conservatism... Our findings suggest that conservative ways of thinking are basic, normal, and perhaps natural."
Scott Eidelman, PhD, Christian S. Crandall, PhD, Jeffrey A. Goodman, PhD, and John C. Blanchar, "Low-Effort Thought Promotes Political Conservatism," Society for Personality and Social Psychology, 2012
Yes Carol, conservatives are lazy thinkers and don't want to put effort into thinking things out.
Problem with studies is who's doing them. I could show you as many studies proving just the opposite.

What's wrong with "normal", "basic" and "natural" thinking anyway?

Liberals could use a little of all three. Just throw in some common sense and perspective.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1039471 Dec 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, if he's not a surfer with a very good paying job and willing to pay significantly higher premiums and deductibles, he'll be without insurance under ObamaCare too. He'll just go to the ER like everyone else.
What's your point? You do know people have to actually sign up to get costly insurance under ObamaCare? And they can say 'no thanks'?
My point is that perfectly healthy people often need costly medical care.

What's yours?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1039472 Dec 11, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
How Not to Fix America
Short answer, following Obama and the Democrats' deviation from the Constitution.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1039473 Dec 11, 2013
Obamacare Enrollments Surpass 1 Million

"Everybody talks about how horrible this website is and all the glitches and stuff, but I tell you, it was the best experience I ever had shopping for insurance," said Rawlings, who owns an architectural design firm. Rawlings chose the highest level of coverage, a Platinum plan that includes dental benefits, for $550 a month, or about $50 more than he pays for a medical-only policy for just himself this year. He earns too much to qualify for tax credits to reduce his premiums.

Rawlings has been buying his own health insurance since starting his own business more than a decade ago and didn't miss having to disclose his medical history and wait weeks for an approval -- or rejection. Nor did he yearn for paying higher rates because of a pre-existing condition he has, he said. "I have just been waiting for the Affordable Care Act to kick in," he said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/11/obam...

and there ya go.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1039474 Dec 11, 2013
P N A wrote:
<quoted text> Your whereabouts have been duly noted.
Waxturd posting from his 'hidemyass' location in San Fran again.

Same old stupidity from the same old gay cabellero.

Should see 'vodka' and 'dumbdem' soon.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1039475 Dec 11, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's all they've got, sadly enough. Their cupboard is bare. They have nothing else to offer of any substance.
Conservatives are already preparing for the next round of pre-election liberal wars.
You'd think they could win on policy without starting all these wars that don't exist.
lol! Right. And so, their platform is 'we hate liberals.'

That'll show the public what you stand for!

Location hidden

#1039476 Dec 11, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you still confused about this, Moonbat?
Waxturd's Ivy League son. The Moonbat!!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1039477 Dec 11, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
We all got bitten by the shark in the White House.
Some people are going to bleed to death before they can get affordable insurance again.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1039478 Dec 11, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Its wonderful to see that you finally mustered enough integrity to post your own face in your avatar (in lieu of plagiarzing B-grade celebrity pictures). You are actually a lot cuter than I'd imagined.....
lol! poor wolfie. he has no integrity. just a hunger to be spoon fed!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1039479 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
I am not spoon feeding you again, Dumbass.
Ever hear of the word "funding", dolt?
God! Are you people idiots!
Look at all you right whiners all rushing in to defend a stupid post one of your buddies made.

Its kind of cute the way you dumbasses stick together.

But no, Ted Cruz did NOT filibuster the ACA as originally posted.

He filibustered t a spending bill that cost our economy 24 billion dollars all for nothing.

You people are all dumber than sh*t.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1039480 Dec 11, 2013
Eman wrote:
This slide show is HILARIOUS! Watch Michelle's face...she is not amused in the least.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/11/africa/gallery/...
the last slide
"Later on for reasons unknown, and it may have been when the president left to give his speech, the Obamas swap places so the First Lady sits between the two leaders, who appear to get on so well."
I don't think Michelle appreciated Obama flirting with the cute blonde.
He's going to hear about that for a long time. Might be time for her to go on a fact finding tour somewhere, anywhere. LMAO!!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1039481 Dec 11, 2013
P N A wrote:
<quoted text>I thought lily was supposed to be female
lol!'whatever' isn't happy with your constant name changing son.

you need to explain yourself to it!
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1039482 Dec 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The original poster said Ted Cruz filibustered the ACA.
Despite the FACT the CA passed in 2010 & Cruz was not in the US Senate at that time.
Do ya get it yet, dumbass.
Don't call people dumbass when numerous people explained it to you and you like a dope still want to whine on.

No wonder they abandoned you as hopeless and so will I.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1039483 Dec 11, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you still confused about this, Moonbat?
I am not the one that's confused

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1039484 Dec 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbwaiter: Birther, Global Warming denier, all around dumbass.
"History demonstrates that warmer is healthier. Since the end of the last Ice Age, the earth has enjoyed two periods that were warmer than the twentieth century. Archaeological evidence shows that people lived longer, enjoyed better nutrition, and multiplied more rapidly than during epochs of cold. "

hahaha

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1039485 Dec 11, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>My point is that perfectly healthy people often need costly medical care.
What's yours?
"often"...wrong, that is the exception, not the rule.

Location hidden

#1039486 Dec 11, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
lily still whining about people posting after her nite nite time.
Does she think these boards are her personal property?
Commenting on you losers who spend you days and nights on Topix infuriates you, doesn't it nitwit??

Now you're trying to tell Lily what she can post here??

"Do you think these boards are her personal property?"

That's the same Gestape tactic you nitwits use when caught being stupid, which is constant.

Why don't you have anyone to spend those cold MN nights with, instead of smoking cigarettes and posting nonsene on Topix day and night.

It's good of Lily to point out your social isolation. It explains how you got so unhinged.

But then, you're a woman qwho thinks it's cute to call male posters 'she', proving your own self-loathing vag status.
Whatever

Gering, NE

#1039487 Dec 11, 2013
Don't tell USAsince but Time Mag picked Pope Francis as POY
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1039488 Dec 11, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at all you right whiners all rushing in to defend a stupid post one of your buddies made.
Its kind of cute the way you dumbasses stick together.
But no, Ted Cruz did NOT filibuster the ACA as originally posted.
He filibustered t a spending bill that cost our economy 24 billion dollars all for nothing.
You people are all dumber than sh*t.
lol! Awwww..... now why did you have to go and spoil it all and GIVE them the answer?

Now I can't enjoy my cup of joe to the cries and howls of their self inflicted pain.

Now I'm sad........ but I'm sure I'll get over it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min wojar 183,860
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr No Warming 50,422
you wont believe what this guy is doing on ebay 3 hr Tatlover 1
Mom & Daughter arrested 4 stabbing school offic... 4 hr The reason 3
FOTUS Michelle Obama frowns while refusing to w... 6 hr ChicagOpinion 1
Michelle Obama refuses to wear veil in Saudi Ar... 6 hr ChicagOpinion 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 6 hr KiMerde 51,371
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr andet1987 98,986
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:04 am PST

NFL10:04AM
Richardson was suspended for two Colts playoff games