Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234186 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1039091 Dec 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
A North Carolina Republican county commissioner who ran on a platform of small government and fiscal responsibility was arrested last week when police found him passed out in his vehicle in the middle of an intersection.
According to the Associated Press, this is Brian Berger’s fourth arrest on charges of driving under the influence, domestic violence or drug possession since being elected to the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners in 2010.
Around 12:45 a.m. on Friday, December 7, a woman in Wilmington, NC called 911 to report a vehicle sitting still in the middle of the street. The caller told police that she honked her horn and knocked on the window, but got no response.
Police arrived at the scene and reportedly found Berger — a local tea party favorite — slumped at the wheel of a black rental car unconscious with a bottle of various prescription pills in his pocket.
This is the second time Berger has been arrested for driving while intoxicated. Police arrested him in December of 2012 after he was observed driving recklessly, then failed roadside sobriety tests.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/10/north-c...
Mandiba , get back yo us when he leaves an underage girl to drown after wrecking a car while drunk driving , oh and get leo to help you with your spelling .
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

#1039092 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Madiba is his Xhosa name you fuggin murderous moron
Terrorist is his universal name , bwaaaaaaah!
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039093 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll pass, thank you very much. These racists on here are more than I can hack.
I had hopes for Carol; but she has sunk to a new low and it's despicable.
Busted lily you dumbass... GOP Idiots is lily you loser LMFAO....

It's the culture....
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1039094 Dec 10, 2013
In 1985, Congressman Dick Cheney voted against a resolution urging that Mandela be released from jail. If you’re ever unsure about where the wrong side of history is, look for where Dick Cheney is. Dick Cheney said he doesn’t regret his repeated votes in 1986 against the Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act which called for freeing Mandela and ending apartheid. I’m sure his only regret is that his opposition didn’t work.

Bill O’Reilly had a few words to say about Nelson Mandela... but most of those words were the word “communist.” Bill called Mandela a “communist” about half a dozen times in the space of a couple of breaths—and I think he was trying to eulogize the man! Usually Bill O’Reilly can be as ignorant as he wants to be, but he knew he had to rein it in when he was speaking about Mandela’s passing. Still, he couldn’t stop himself from saying “communist” like he had some weird kind of Leon Trotsky Tourette Syndrome.

Read more: http://www.randirhodes.com/articles/daily-blo...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039095 Dec 10, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Obamacare, you nitwit.
They are not accepting insurance plans.
the best hospitals accept lots of insurance plans...just not the crummy ObamaKKKare plans that don't pay enough to cover costs...

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1039096 Dec 10, 2013
Oh NO! Not the Google Guys, too!

Protestors Stop Google Bus in San Francisco, Blame the Company for Rising Rents

Tech workers are being accused of gentrifying the neighborhood

American cities just can't win. Bankrupt locales are obviously no good, but cities brimming with cash and possibility appear to be a bad thing too. See San Francisco, where an influx of capital and tech-savvy high-income residents are inadvertently putting pressure on their lower-income peers.

That tension boiled over Monday when a group of protestors stopped a Google bus in its tracks, and blamed the company for rising rents and increased evictions in the city. The legendary Google busses, which transport employees from San Francisco to Silicon Valley on a daily basis, are increasingly seen as a symbol of 21st century inequality.

"San Francisco, not for sale" chanted protestors at the melee that reportedly went for about a half hour. "Stop evictions now," yelled others.

http://politix.topix.com/homepage/9332-protes...
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039097 Dec 10, 2013
Leaders and dignitaries from all over the world are gathered in South Africa to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela. When President Obama got up to speak, the crowd gave him a huge cheer. It's always nice to be reminded that we in America today have a historic figure as our leader too.
Newt Gingrich is now saying that the death of Nelson Mandela is "just another excuse for the left to smear Ronald Reagan." Actually, Newt, we look on it more as a moment to expose Ronald Reagan for what he really was. Reagan put Mandela on a terrorist list, and vetoed sanctions against South Africa. In fact, if Reagan were alive today, he would say... well, he would probably be telling the exact same lies that Newt Gingrich is. Newt claims that Reagan condemned apartheid. If he did, he said that while actively working to support the apartheid regime. So what you're saying is that Reagan was a hypocrite on top of everything else.
Randi Rhodes
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama

That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash you idiot...

It's the culture...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039098 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Madiba is his Xhosa name you fuggin murderous moron
lily's vodka is getting the better of her
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039099 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Everything you post is rooted in white supremacist racist thinking.
You are getting worse by the day; it's sickening
DemokRATs: We started the "birther" movement before we were against it..

Idiot retard liberals start and are the "proud parents" of the Hillary birther movement, sellout, then blame someone else because they're the idiots..

Forgotten Truth GOP IDIOTS: Hillary Clinton is, in fact, the original "birther" lily...

The DNA of demokkkRatic party is inbred with hate and racism...

It's the culture...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039100 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
President Obama is a true statesman. What did the rightwingers expect him to do? No shake his hand? I applaud him and his grace.
Castro is a murderer who executed thousands of political opponents by firing squads without trials...Obama has disgraced the US by greeting Castro...end of story...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039101 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So what? My parents come from Finland, I call myself a Finn.
You should be ashamed of yourself or embarrassed at how ignorant you are.
Finnish-ed by the vodka

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1039102 Dec 10, 2013
GOP R Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Since when doe Nobama give a rat's ass about the medical care for poor people?
Since when does Obama give a rat's azz about medical insurance/health care/doctors for the middle class?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1039103 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I did post them about two months ago & that makes you a liar.
"real dumb"
One more time you dance and dodge. The subsidy's you speak of are not specifically directed at the oil industry, many businesses take advantage of the subsidy's. Green energy, agriculture among others. The subsidy's are not directed solely at the oil industry. Do you practice stoopid or is it just part of your nature.
Peace
KMA
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039104 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Everything you post is rooted in white supremacist racist thinking.
You are getting worse by the day; it's sickening
Are all people of Finland descent racist...or just you?
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039105 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
I'll pass, thank you very much. These racists on here are more than I can hack.
I had hopes for Carol; but she has sunk to a new low and it's despicable.
lily announces she's passing out; her racism is despicable...she's obviously "besmirching" all inebriated racists.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039106 Dec 10, 2013
A North Carolina Republican county commissioner who ran on a platform of small government and fiscal responsibility was arrested last week when police found him passed out in his vehicle in the middle of an intersection.
According to the Associated Press, this is Brian Berger’s fourth arrest on charges of driving under the influence, domestic violence or drug possession since being elected to the New Hanover County Board of Commissioners in 2010.
Around 12:45 a.m. on Friday, December 7, a woman in Wilmington, NC called 911 to report a vehicle sitting still in the middle of the street. The caller told police that she honked her horn and knocked on the window, but got no response.
Police arrived at the scene and reportedly found Berger — a local tea party favorite — slumped at the wheel of a black rental car unconscious with a bottle of various prescription pills in his pocket.
This is the second time Berger has been arrested for driving while intoxicated. Police arrested him in December of 2012 after he was observed driving recklessly, then failed roadside sobriety tests.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/10/north-c...
terrible...almost as bad as Teddy Kennedy driving drunk off a bridge and killing his pregnant mistress...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039107 Dec 10, 2013
Leaders and dignitaries from all over the world are gathered in South Africa to pay tribute to Nelson Mandela. When President Obama got up to speak, the crowd gave him a huge cheer. It's always nice to be reminded that we in America today have a historic figure as our leader too.
Newt Gingrich is now saying that the death of Nelson Mandela is "just another excuse for the left to smear Ronald Reagan." Actually, Newt, we look on it more as a moment to expose Ronald Reagan for what he really was. Reagan put Mandela on a terrorist list, and vetoed sanctions against South Africa. In fact, if Reagan were alive today, he would say... well, he would probably be telling the exact same lies that Newt Gingrich is. Newt claims that Reagan condemned apartheid. If he did, he said that while actively working to support the apartheid regime. So what you're saying is that Reagan was a hypocrite on top of everything else.
Randi Rhodes
Randi Rhodes...Bwhahahahahahahahaha. ..
No Surprize

Seminole, FL

#1039108 Dec 10, 2013
In 1985, Congressman Dick Cheney voted against a resolution urging that Mandela be released from jail. If you’re ever unsure about where the wrong side of history is, look for where Dick Cheney is. Dick Cheney said he doesn’t regret his repeated votes in 1986 against the Comprehensive Anti-Apartheid Act which called for freeing Mandela and ending apartheid. I’m sure his only regret is that his opposition didn’t work.
Bill O’Reilly had a few words to say about Nelson Mandela... but most of those words were the word “communist.” Bill called Mandela a “communist” about half a dozen times in the space of a couple of breaths—and I think he was trying to eulogize the man! Usually Bill O’Reilly can be as ignorant as he wants to be, but he knew he had to rein it in when he was speaking about Mandela’s passing. Still, he couldn’t stop himself from saying “communist” like he had some weird kind of Leon Trotsky Tourette Syndrome.
As long as 95% of blacks continue to support a President - no matter what he does, lies, no matter his views, policies, beliefs, etc.- simply because he too is black, then racism is certainly not a thing of the past in the demockratic party GOP Idiots, cough, eh... lily..........

You have proved yourself a dumbass.. Many Thanks lily!!!

It's the culture...
NuculurVodkaOpti on

Palm Coast, FL

#1039109 Dec 10, 2013
More Randi Rhodes... Bwhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039110 Dec 10, 2013
<quoted text>
So what? My parents come from Finland, I call myself a Finn.
You should be ashamed of yourself or embarrassed at how ignorant you are.
BS...self-loathing NYC Bocajew....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min jimi-yank 53,491
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 min Rose of Tralee 99,571
Abby 5-28 18 min PEllen 15
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 53 min positronium 190,178
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 6,007
amy 5-28 4 hr Kuuipo 12
any cute emo girls wana talk? 9 hr kay 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]