Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1684656 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039218 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are not rejecting Obamacare patients. They are rejecting the exchanges. Medicaid patients are not on the exchanges.
They already rejected the Medicaid patients according to you.

Are you going to claim they will take Medicaid patients when they have no desire to play with the hoorah of those on Obamacare insurance?

Get Real!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039219 Dec 10, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
So, all of a sudden Congress is an "accurate", reputable organization because they're supporting your position?
Just one goof ball in congress.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1039220 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Twiddle Dum Dum used a green energy site who wanted to strip all tax credits including deductions for expenses from the oil companies.
There was NO facts just a whole stack of idiocy promoted by an over zealot organization!
PS none were oil-related subsidies as none of those were specific to the OIL industry.
Silly Realtime doesn't like repeating-now I know why. They want to re-post the same nonsense repeatedly and then cry when you tell them repeatedly it is dung.
The "green energy site" was discussing the bill before Congress, Twiddle Dumb.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039221 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, so now you want to adjust for geographical location. Fine. That puts California just behind the District of Columbia and Wisconsin is still in the middle of the pack. Just Saying.
Geographical location? We were comparing Wisconsin and California?

Pick any state and California's poverty level will be at the top according to the Census Bureau.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1039222 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Medications will be more costly out-of-pocket depending on which plan you choose.
The expensive ones - such as for cancer and AIDS - may not be covered at all or at a greater cost to patients.
This is already a known.
Premiums are already too high for too many. Again, already a known.
Some insurance is better than no insurance which is exactly what those people with cancer and AIDS had before the Affordable Care Act. I doubt those people are complaining.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039223 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not set down any rules. Oil subsidies are oil subsidies. Doesn't matter if they are grouped with other companies or not. They oil companies can be excluded from the rules. They don't get a free pass because they are hiding in plain sight behind the skirts of other more reputable companies.
You act like they are an illegal business.

They are not!

They have the same rights as any other business.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1039224 Dec 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
So what? My parents come from Finland, I call myself a Finn.
You should be ashamed of yourself or embarrassed at how ignorant you are.
You come from Finnish ancestry. Mine is German ancestry, but I do not call Germany my "home country". Both of us are Americans and America is our "home country".

Obama, Sr. abandoned both Obama and his mother a year after he was born and saw him one time when he was 10 years old but then went back to Kenya where he was already married with children.

Obama, Sr. was not even a father, much less Kenya being Obama's "home country" just because his father was from there.

Those born in another country call it their "home country". Like your parents.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1039225 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Listen, Sweet Checks, the confused act really doesn't work.
You failed to acknowledge that 70% of California doctors are considering not caring for people on Obamacare.
Your numbers were a big bunch of nonsense because you FAILED to reduce the number of doctors available for those on insurance.
I did it for you -this will reduce the doctors to 12/100,000 patients.
If you allow for 25% more privately paying you may get the number of doctors to 25 doctors for every 100,000 patients.
This is VERY, VERY bad in case you haven't figured it out.
PS your numbers for PROVERTY were also WRONG
70% of doctors may not care for those on the exchange but many will care for those on Medicaid. They just don't want their paying customers to be part of the exchange where their reimbursment fees are low. It's really not a big thing. Most people won't be on the exchanges anyways. They, like myself, have private insurance.

Good night.

Orlando, FL

#1039226 Dec 10, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything you post is rooted in white supremacist racist thinking.
You are getting worse by the day; it's sickening
Well, actually, no it's not. It's your hateful bias obstructing your ability to reason.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1039227 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just one goof ball in congress.
Just enjoying the irony of Congress suddenly being referred to as trustworthy and credible by a liberal democrat.

Orlando, FL

#1039228 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Some insurance is better than no insurance which is exactly what those people with cancer and AIDS had before the Affordable Care Act. I doubt those people are complaining.
Pretty sure it hasn't gotten any better for them either under ObamaCare.

But we'll all have a much clearer perspective in another month or two.

Small businesses will start dropping their employer-based insurance coverage come January.

And the reality of who and how many are signing up for the higher premiums and higher deductibles will be known.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039229 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you brain dead? Removing the oil industry from the rules governing them together with other's will make the rules specific to everyone EXCEPT the oil industry. That's the point of the law. The rule does not need to be specific to the oil industry. READ THE BILL!!
No, but you seem to have major issues.

I am talking about Tax LAWS not rules silly- you know those things that apply to all in business and manufacturing.

Writing a law eliminating the oil industry from using these tax credits has a high probability of being unconstitutional!

Trust me NO one wants to pay $15.00 plus for a gallon of gas which would be the result of your non-thinking nonsense.

We would paid a small fortune to maintain the Strategic Reserve, if at all, and it would be too bad for those receiving energy assistance-get a fireplace.

Your overwhelming hate of a US business is irrational and harmful to even yourself.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039230 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't find anything on the net about it. Probably nothing more than a right wing talking head spreading propaganda.
I do know that the health care law the health law contains a three-year "risk corridor program" designed to "help ameliorate unanticipated changes in premium revenue." I can't see any reason to raise premiums or cut drug coverage if the government is going to bail out the insurers if too few people enroll. Just saying.
sane people can't see any reason for the government to get involved at all...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039231 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

I do know that the health care law the health law contains a three-year "risk corridor program" designed to "help ameliorate unanticipated changes in premium revenue."
does anybody realize how ridiculous this sounds???...

crony capitalism at its worst....
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039232 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The "green energy site" was discussing the bill before Congress, Twiddle Dumb.
What BILL before congress? This is where you keep going off the rails. You think if some congressman supports a law created by a green energy group then bam it is in congress. Not the way it works.

The bill hasn't even gone into committee has it?

NOPE

It has very little chance of being voted on in committee let alone brought to the floor.

Twiddle Dum Dum

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1039233 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Most people won't be on the exchanges anyways. They, like myself, have private insurance.
Good night.
In other words,'tough sh*t' to the millions who will lose their employer based insurance because, well, you've got yours.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039234 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not true. They are the most dedicated and caring.
when Galt needs a doctor, "dedicated and caring" are meaningless words....

Galt wants a highly competent professional, bedside manner not required...arrogant bastard who knows he is good preferred...

Orlando, FL

#1039235 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Continue to be who you are but I keep wanting to see you tell off that foul mouth race baiting craycray goof ball that heckles you.
This is probably best but could you slip in an idiot or buzz off or something to the inebriated freak.
Just not my style. At least when I'm trying to reason with someone.

But when it comes to the liberal loons who have a microphone, I tell them off all the time. They are the most dangerous by constantly misleading those who are listening - like Lily. No one hears me but my family but I can say a mouthful.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1039236 Dec 10, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Negro just loves bending over to foreign leaders.
...or haven't you noticed? Just look at that giddy, goofy smile on his face when he does it.
He's like a gay on his first date in a sailor's bar.
...it takes a rare talent to f*ck up attending a funeral...but Obama pulled it off...

why?...because he always needs to be the star of the show...one sick puppy...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1039237 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
70% of doctors may not care for those on the exchange but many will care for those on Medicaid. They just don't want their paying customers to be part of the exchange where their reimbursment fees are low. It's really not a big thing. Most people won't be on the exchanges anyways. They, like myself, have private insurance.
Good night.
Why would they take Medicaid when they don't like the nonsense attached to the insurance?

You already stated 57% refuse Medicaid patients prior to the bill and now you want to blow smoke and say no no that is not true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min loose cannon 243,252
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min RACE 105,429
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 54 min RACE 11,781
Trump is A 57 min Bad deal 386
Sick of commercials with mix couples 8 hr not my pillow 13
Little Dicky Durbin needs to know this. 9 hr DurbinDicksAmerica 2
maxine waters 9 hr HER pussyStinks 12

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages