Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643549 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1038862 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There you go...proving you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.
Get an education for Pete's sake and actually read the End Polluter Welfare Act. It breaks down many (not all) of the oil subsidies quite nicely.
I posted this earlier but to refresh your memory and educate you on where these monies go to.

Oil-related subsidies go to..

The single largest expenditure is just over $1 billion for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve, which is designed to protect the U.S. from oil shortages. Maybe you like to walk everywhere but the benefactor is the American people.

The second largest category is just under $1 billion in tax exemptions for farm fuel. This is not money paid to anyone but a waiver of highway tax that is included in gas prices as farm equipment doesn't use the highway. I see NO benefit to the oil companies.

The third largest category?$570 million for the Low-Income Home Energy Assistance Program -you want to cut this one?

NOW a look at those special tax breaks oil companies get that other manufactures don't...
is a manufacturer’s tax deduction that is defined in Section 199 of the IRS code. This is a tax credit designed to keep manufacturing in the U.S., but it isn’t specific to oil companies. It is a tax credit enjoyed by highly profitable companies like Microsoft and Apple, and even foreign companies that operate factories in the U.S. Further, the deduction for oil companies is already limited. Apple is able to take a 9% manufacturer’s tax deduction, but ExxonMobil is only allowed to take a 6% deduction.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/energysource/2012...
So what is this credit you are talking about????
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038863 Dec 10, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>this is how you know USAsince is yeah also. TWIT...ROTFLMAO.
lol! How son?

You obviously think you have more brains than you're showing.

Personally I think you should expose more of it...

... but only if you have it!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1038864 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
You can see it in print now. Doctor closes office rather than deal with Obamacare
https://twitter.com/darab_ic/status/409885444...
Somerset??? Methmouth?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038865 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgetting to change locations and IDs -hmmm your James Bond double life isn't working too well for you.
lol! It's amazing what you people believe as fact with no proof.

But then, that's sop for reich wingers eh son?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1038866 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
He argued cases in court. That is the point.
Hmmm, still doesn't make what he did anywhere close to being a constitutional lawyer.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1038867 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
Someone on here posted the link yesterday regarding 70% of California Doctors Boycotting Obamacare.
Just wanted to point out that in 2008, only 57% of California doctors accepted Medicaid patients and the number had been increasing over several years. The fact that the number has increased by 12% under Obama can't be attributed to the Affordable Care Act.
http://www.chcf.org/~/media/MEDIA%20LIBRARY%2...
So the poor really suffer in Liberal California so the rich Hollywood liberals can have more...is that what you are saying?

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1038868 Dec 10, 2013
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama

That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038869 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay, I had that backwards. The newly formed Communist Party of Germany consisted mostly of Social Democrats.
Please don't shoot...
Obviously you're not the messenger since you fouled the message while interpreting it.

Perhaps you can claim Hitler was also a messenger? After all, he never really killed anyone according to your logic.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038870 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
It does appear that the person who responded to her post did it as if it was you.
There is also this little problem with Yeah forgetting to change his location and displaying he is from CA.
Got to say this isn't looking very good.
lol! poor baby. you compound your lies by making more.

But hey! That's ok. You have no problems with doing the small ones so I'm sure you have no problems doing the whoppers!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1038871 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
Someone on here posted the link yesterday regarding 70% of California Doctors Boycotting Obamacare.
Just wanted to point out that in 2008, only 57% of California doctors accepted Medicaid patients and the number had been increasing over several years. The fact that the number has increased by 12% under Obama can't be attributed to the Affordable Care Act.
http://www.chcf.org/~/media/MEDIA%20LIBRARY%2...
Hmmm, perhaps you failed to understand the 75% are doctors that are currently practicing.

Location hidden

#1038872 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, Raul is counting the American tax payer dollars rolling into Cuba.
Only a snivelling poossee gives his enemy money.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038873 Dec 10, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I love how clueless posters like Galt and Connecticut want to sweep it under the rug like the abuse stopped 20-30 years ago. It's that kind of thinking that allows the abuse to continue today.
The following link is very informative.
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/
From what I see, I think they believe they're just following Church doctrine in trying to protect it from secular society at all costs.

It never ceases to amaze me how they claim a moral high ground while accepting despicable acts by protecting such institutions. They only have a problem with sex, homosexuality and pedophilia when it's not within the Church.

Really... such moral hypocrites!!!

Location hidden

#1038874 Dec 10, 2013
And, of course, Obama couldn't resist plugging his "redistribution of wealth" program. Like we don't already, unwillingly, support most of the world's freeloaders?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038875 Dec 10, 2013
Whatever wrote:
Correction for LEO
You missed the fact that these jobs would have been absorbed by another manufacture if GM closed and they needed to step up production. We paid 10 billion to the unions.
Yeah went bye-bye?
Funny how you make a claim you can't support son.

Obviously if a reich winger can't lie, making things up as they go along is the next best thing!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1038876 Dec 10, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Gay Ghost. How was your glorious 18 month "vacation" on the East Cost (in Bumpass, VA with your kids)?
They finally sent a clown like you back to the poor section of Kalifornia, eh?
Better nursing homes in Kaliformia anyways, right?
I hope you didn't spend all that "huge" income in one place, old fool. Come on now, you can start boasting again, Wilhelm.
ROTFLMAO!!!!
lol!
reich wingers. they're so gullible when they're afraid of looking stupid when we already know they're not that smart!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1038877 Dec 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Only a snivelling poossee gives his enemy money.
...and here is a picture of him that says it all!

http://jerseynut.blogspot.com/2011/05/young-o...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1038878 Dec 10, 2013
Sorry, I misread the comment by USAsince and will assume these same doctors are still practicing.

However your numbers are wrong. Only 30%(100-70) are left accepting patients. That is 27% down from 57%.

This appears to be large drop and is as stated by the doctors related to Obamacare.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038879 Dec 10, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously you're not the messenger since you fouled the message while interpreting it.
Perhaps you can claim Hitler was also a messenger? After all, he never really killed anyone according to your logic.
You can lead a liberal to knowledge, but you can't make it think... You're giving yourself too much credit you dumbass... You will never make par above moron idiot. Hitler was a liberal, a hater of Capitalism and Wall Streety ou dumbass...

It's the culture...

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1038880 Dec 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
"Much of who I am is because of Nelson Mandela." Barack Obama
That's a very telling comment considering Mandela dreamed of America reduced to nothing but smoking ash.
No kidding and William Ayers forgot to mention the 'much of who he is' in the Dreams of his father Mandela book...If O'bama had a father he could claim, he would look like Mandela? is that what O'bama is saying? What a joke. I didn't realize that Mandela dying was all about O'bama. Loser O'bama can't stand on his own feet.
LCNLin

United States

#1038881 Dec 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the $24 billion figure is total BS, debunked by anyone not a drunken old fool like you...
the new GM CEO comes from their abyssmal engineering and design group, hence is likely to drive the company back into bankruptcy...
the bailout failed to deal with GM's two biggest problems...the UAW and the fact that they make crappy cars.....
Your seem to hate America and American products

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr loose cannon 243,009
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,151
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Maverick 808 105,332
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 8 hr Plagiarizing Joe ... 7
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 12 hr _Zoey_ 11,540
Oregon the "33rd" state founded by Freemasons.. 16 hr Jesse Rishel 2
Cat's out of the bag. 17 hr Hmmmmmmmmmmm 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages