Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395134 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038345 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure Carol, an extreme right wing whack job video is proof of anything except of course to extreme ight wing whack jobs like you.
Playing stupid and ignorant isn't working for Obama bin Lying, why do you think it will work for you sock RealDave?

It's the culture.....
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038346 Dec 10, 2013
LapdogMedia wrote:
Obama LIES.
"OMG OMG"....
Call out the junior high level mentality entitlementalcase pitchfork and torch carrying "You a Liar" birdbrain patrol squawkers.

(aka: flipping idiots).

Hailstones to the UNsainted seat warmer.

(geez lol)

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1038347 Dec 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
CBO:Top 40% Paid 106.2% of Income Taxes; Bottom 40% Paid -9.1%, Got Average of $18,950 in 'Transfers'
December 9, 2013 - 2:21 PM
By Terence P. Jeffrey
( CNSNews.com )- The top 40 percent of households by before-tax income actually paid 106.2 percent of the nation’s net income taxes in 2010, according to a new study by the Congressional Budget Office.
At the same time, households in the bottom 40 percent took in an average of $18,950 in what the CBO called “government transfers” in 2010.
Taxpayers in the top 40 percent of households were able to pay more than 100 percent of net federal income taxes in 2010 because Americans in the bottom 40 percent actually paid negative income taxes, according to the CBO study entitled,“The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2010.”
“When refundable tax credits, such as the earned income tax credit and the child tax credit, exceed the other federal tax liabilities of the households in an income group, those households are said to have a negative average tax rate,” said the CBO study.
“In its analysis, CBO measured individual income taxes net of refundable credits,” it said.
In 2010, the CBO determined, American households in the bottom 40 percent paid negative amounts in income-tax dollars and a negative average income-tax rate.
“Much of the progressivity of the federal tax system derives from the individual income tax,” said the report.“In 2010, the lowest quintile’s average rate for the individual income tax was -9.2 percent and the second income quintile’s rate was -2.3 percent.”
Galt is too stupid to correlate the idea that the wealthy pay such a high percentage of the taxes because they make a high percentage of the total income.

Galt is all for redistribution of wealth as long as that redistribution favors the wealthy & f*cks the middle class.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038348 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Playing stupid and ignorant isn't working for Obama bin Lying, why do you think it will work for you sock RealDave?
It's the culture.....
Oh Geeeorge Warshington...where f'art thou another prezindink like yew and thy (not really a cuz history lied-OMG OMG ) cherry twee.....

(it the culture-of stoopid...just ax Jay Leno what he hears sometimes)
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038349 Dec 10, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Sure, many of them are criminals, whether outrightly, or simply from turning a blind eye, but I doubt there's much misery inside those walls. Heck, I'd be pretty dang feisty if I could vote myself a payraise, Secret Service protection and the best medical coverage available for the rest of my life.
Misery? What misery?
Oooohhhhh look kids, pity the poor little, hedge fluffing DuhmbocRat...

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/53785514#.Uqc3Fif4J...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038350 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is too stupid to correlate the idea that the wealthy pay such a high percentage of the taxes because they make a high percentage of the total income.
Galt is all for redistribution of wealth as long as that redistribution favors the wealthy & f*cks the middle class.
Really?

GALT, is this true?

SHAME on YOU if it is!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038351 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what Duh a vey...y'all have some funny named towns there.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038352 Dec 10, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder why there is always someone is so jaded that they can look at the negative in such a positive thing, and then post swear words to defend the stupidity of their statement... RealDave sock PDUPONT....

It's the culture..
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1038353 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pal, Rachael Maddow, isn't too happy with Obama's Prolonged Detention speech.
"One of the most radical proposals for defying the Constitution that we have ever heard to the American people."
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Keep in mind, Obama's "enemies" aren't just foreign enemies...
I've watched Rachel Maddow , heard her speak and gotten an autographed copy of her book for my son and generally agree with her. On this point I don't. To me releasing these prisoners would pose a danger to this country. As the President said in his speech;
"I know that creating such a system poses unique challenges. And other countries have grappled with this question; now, so must we. But I want to be very clear that our goal is to construct a legitimate legal framework for the remaining Guantanamo detainees that cannot be transferred. Our goal is not to avoid a legitimate legal framework. In our constitutional system, prolonged detention should not be the decision of any one man. If and when we determine that the United States must hold individuals to keep them from carrying out an act of war, we will do so within a system that involves judicial and congressional oversight. And so, going forward, my administration will work with Congress to develop an appropriate legal regime so that our efforts are consistent with our values and our Constitution."
If the same thing was said by John McCain or Mitt Romney you would have agreed with every word and castigated Dr. Maddow for wanting to free dangerous terrorists. It's because Barack Obama said them that has your panties in a twist.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1038354 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...
For someone like her to say Obama's "prolonged detention" proposal defies the Constitution in a way the American people have never heard before packs a pretty big wallop.
She may have been dissing him about detaining even potential threats such as gitmo prisoners but, again, Obama's enemies are both foreign and domestic - in other words, us.
Only in your hate warped mind Carol.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038355 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Who is Ain Rind you ignorant hillbilly?
It's the culture....
Patrick does seem have a thing for commie promo'ing type hags sometimes doesn't he.
(sorry Patrick, but Ayn Rand WAS one)
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038356 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
I've watched Rachel Maddow , heard her speak and gotten an autographed copy of her book for my son and generally agree with her. On this point I don't. To me releasing these prisoners would pose a danger to this country. As the President said in his speech;
"I know that creating such a system poses unique challenges. And other countries have grappled with this question; now, so must we. But I want to be very clear that our goal is to construct a legitimate legal framework for the remaining Guantanamo detainees that cannot be transferred. Our goal is not to avoid a legitimate legal framework. In our constitutional system, prolonged detention should not be the decision of any one man. If and when we determine that the United States must hold individuals to keep them from carrying out an act of war, we will do so within a system that involves judicial and congressional oversight. And so, going forward, my administration will work with Congress to develop an appropriate legal regime so that our efforts are consistent with our values and our Constitution."
If the same thing was said by John McCain or Mitt Romney you would have agreed with every word and castigated Dr. Maddow for wanting to free dangerous terrorists. It's because Barack Obama said them that has your panties in a twist.
The probability of being RealDave is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act PDUPONT...

It's the culture....
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038357 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
This is an example of RealDave sock PDUPONT trying to force a conclusion based on a preconceived bias in your opinion of hate.

Carol is not a hate filled liberal...

It's the culture
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038358 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
The toxic effect on people of commieTics and wealth redistribution of OTHER peoples hard earned lifetimes of earnings-entitlementalcase diseases and socio-ILLogocal disorders.
And too bad on the haters-as T.E.A. patriots of America fight to return the same BACK TO those it has been stolen from!
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038359 Dec 10, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Patrick does seem have a thing for commie promo'ing type hags sometimes doesn't he.
(sorry Patrick, but Ayn Rand WAS one)
Patrick who lives vicariously instead of living his own life, always with a self-congratulatory discussion of dumbass where little to no brain activity or thought progress is ever made...

It's the culture...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038360 Dec 10, 2013
http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nbcnews.com/5377...

American disconnect.

Thank goodness fer Uncle Joe.

Newville, PA

#1038361 Dec 10, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
In as much that you know all, please list the "Oil Company Subsidy's". Just one and show that is for the oil industry only. You have a big lying mouth, now back up your BS.
Peace
KMA
Look, Moocjher Eed, I posted them all previously.

How many times do I need to keep posting them?

Oil industry subsidies exist.

Why do you right whiners keep denying this? Are you embarrassed your party defends them?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1038362 Dec 10, 2013
No Surprize wrote:
<quoted text>Patrick who lives vicariously instead of living his own life, always with a self-congratulatory discussion of dumbass where little to no brain activity or thought progress is ever made...
It's the culture...
Men.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1038363 Dec 10, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
This is for Lily...
OATH KEEPERS: ORDERS WE WILL NOT OBEY
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
...Whew! I feel a lot better now. We're protected against any threat of tyranny by those who took an oath to protect us and the Constitution.
Jefferson and Madison would be so proud...
This is for you Carol, this list is a bunch of right wing paranoia

Newville, PA

#1038364 Dec 10, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
It is often said that the good die young.
This piece of African bush-dropping lasted until 95.
It is perfectly understandable that a person with your history for racist remarks would hate a man like Nelson Mandela.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,715
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Into The Night 60,091
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 70,727
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 102,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 8,885
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 2,142
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,115
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages