Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497867 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1038317 Dec 9, 2013
Just one more thing...

The woman who told Florida authorities in November that George Zimmerman threatened her with a gun during a heated argument recanted the allegations in documents released Monday — saying that she does not want him charged, according to a signed affidavit.

Samantha Scheibe, who refers to Zimmerman as her boyfriend, said, "I believe that the police misinterpreted me and that I may have misspoken about certain facts in my statement to the police. I do not feel that the arrest report accurately recounts what happened."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/12/09/21...

Lily will be crushed. She so wanted to judge Zimmerman wrongly.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1038318 Dec 9, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Obama and Mandela appear to have had some of the same agendas, one being the desire to see the U.S. fall hard.
It's more like the reich wing whose been working hard to see the failure of the US!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1038320 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Can't stay long but wanted to throw this out there.
In 2008, NASA satellite imagery confirmed that the Pacific Ocean had switched from the warm mode it had been in since 1977 to its cool mode, similar to that of the 1945-1977 global cooling period. The shift strongly suggests that the next several decades will be cooler, not warmer as predicted by the IPCC.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/global-cooling-i...
(Can't resist deflating the liberal balloon of gullibility.)
The German Herald reported on March 31, 2013,
“German meteorologists say that the start of 2013 is now the coldest in 208 years – and now German media has quoted Russian scientist Dr Habibullo Abdussamatov from the St. Petersburg Pulkovo Astronomical Observatory - there is proof that we are heading for a “Mini Ice Age.” Talking to German media the scientist who first made his prediction in 2005 said that after studying sunspots and their relationship with climate change on Earth, we are now on an ‘unavoidable advance towards a deep temperature drop.’”
http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterferrara/2013...
Half the country is in a deep freeze. Al Gore seems conspicuously quiet these days.
But it's late.
abnormally cold weather in Southern California...

...Temecula may beat record low temperature of 34 degrees for this date...

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1038321 Dec 9, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
So is the House, the Senate, and the White House.
Sure, many of them are criminals, whether outrightly, or simply from turning a blind eye, but I doubt there's much misery inside those walls. Heck, I'd be pretty dang feisty if I could vote myself a payraise, Secret Service protection and the best medical coverage available for the rest of my life.

Misery? What misery?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1038322 Dec 9, 2013
CBO:Top 40% Paid 106.2% of Income Taxes; Bottom 40% Paid -9.1%, Got Average of $18,950 in 'Transfers'

December 9, 2013 - 2:21 PM

By Terence P. Jeffrey

( CNSNews.com )- The top 40 percent of households by before-tax income actually paid 106.2 percent of the nation’s net income taxes in 2010, according to a new study by the Congressional Budget Office.

At the same time, households in the bottom 40 percent took in an average of $18,950 in what the CBO called “government transfers” in 2010.

Taxpayers in the top 40 percent of households were able to pay more than 100 percent of net federal income taxes in 2010 because Americans in the bottom 40 percent actually paid negative income taxes, according to the CBO study entitled,“The Distribution of Household Income and Federal Taxes, 2010.”

“When refundable tax credits, such as the earned income tax credit and the child tax credit, exceed the other federal tax liabilities of the households in an income group, those households are said to have a negative average tax rate,” said the CBO study.

“In its analysis, CBO measured individual income taxes net of refundable credits,” it said.

In 2010, the CBO determined, American households in the bottom 40 percent paid negative amounts in income-tax dollars and a negative average income-tax rate.

“Much of the progressivity of the federal tax system derives from the individual income tax,” said the report.“In 2010, the lowest quintile’s average rate for the individual income tax was -9.2 percent and the second income quintile’s rate was -2.3 percent.”

Location hidden

#1038323 Dec 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Hitler died at 56.
A reich wing idea of a 'good' person!
Hardly, liar.

If there's a hell, he'll be sharing a bench between Saddam and Mandela.

:p

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1038324 Dec 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>No son. I haven't.
Because unlike you, I don't need to.
And also unlike you, I wouldn't target sex organs!
Then stop trying. You make a fool of yourself 24/7

Location hidden

#1038325 Dec 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
lily's mind is the source of all her misery.
It's awfully creepy how she wants us all to think exactly the way she does. I wonder who trained her.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1038326 Dec 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't believe I'm still up....

But global warming is going to be a hard sell these days.

Time to call it a night though. Night Galt.

Location hidden

#1038327 Dec 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering its distance from the sun, the Earth is more likely to freeze before being burned in the eventual supernova.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038328 Dec 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
AND... it was (Al Gore who invented the internet) running around lying and fear mongering to everyone during the Clinton administration, planes falling out of the ski, the world was going to end when "Y2K" rolled over...

The biggest lie and hoax ever perpetuated by a government administration on to the public to "stimulate" the economy.

It's the culture...

Location hidden

#1038329 Dec 9, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
If it works.....why not keep crying for a paycheck and feather-bedded job??
If a robber keeps returning to the same bank repeatedly to collect his "paycheck" because no one posts a guard.....who can blame him?
Posting a guard is called "Racism" and so the bank keeps getting robbed. Oh, woe is us!
So far, it has worked very well for people incapable of feeling shame.
angel

Boise, ID

#1038330 Dec 10, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody takes Global Warming Deniers even remotely seriously anymore.
Your a Joke.
You Clowns really should look into this "Earth Is Round" Business too...has all the earmarks of a Liberal Conspiracy!
Of course if Fox and Limbaugh told you it was flat youd swear to it anyway.
By the way John: Ayn Rand was a creepy Anti Christian hag and hipocrite.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1038331 Dec 10, 2013
dont snow me wrote:
<quoted text>
Lying douchebag, everyone saw the video, the filthy 'groids should have been charged with voter intimidation, except for our racist, cowardly dirtbag AG.
Bullcrap moron! The criminal charges were dropped by the Bush DOJ before Obama was inaugurated and long before Eric Holder was confirmed. I saw the video too and no one was stopped from going into the polling place.
angel

Boise, ID

#1038332 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullcrap moron! The criminal charges were dropped by the Bush DOJ before Obama was inaugurated and long before Eric Holder was confirmed. I saw the video too and no one was stopped from going into the polling place.
These sorry culls have been squalling about that video for 5 years!
Of course all the district gerrymandering and working hammer and tong to make it more difficult for the poor and minorities to vote the Repugs have been busy with doesnt bother Little Sno-Ball a bit.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1038333 Dec 10, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Good morning imbecile! How is Sweden doing? Were they "just fine" when they were on their 5th day of rioting?

Baaawwaaahhh!!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1038334 Dec 10, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody takes Global Warming Deniers even remotely seriously anymore.
Your a Joke.
You Clowns really should look into this "Earth Is Round" Business too...has all the earmarks of a Liberal Conspiracy!
More meds man. You need much higher does, libtard. Also, watch out for your fellow nasty old liberal commie leosnana the spell checker. She is a hypocrite though and will ignore your awful grammar & spelling though. Later, creepy mental case!
LCNLin

United States

#1038335 Dec 10, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Nobody takes Global Warming Deniers even remotely seriously anymore.
Your a Joke.

and on Medicare was Ain Rind. She only wanted other people to be prevented to have access o Medicare

Racism
and Global Warming Deniers seem to go hand in hand on thread.

The Earth's average surface temperature rose by 0.74±0.18 °C over the period 1906–2005. The rate of warming over the last half of that period was almost double that for the period as a whole (0.13±0.03 °C per decade, versus 0.07±0.02 °C per decade). The urban heat island effect is very small, estimated to account for less than 0.002 °C of warming per decade since 1900.[28] Temperatures in the lower troposphere have increased between 0.13 and 0.22 °C (0.22 and 0.4 °F) per decade since 1979, according to satellite temperature measurements. Climate proxies show the temperature to have been relatively stable over the one or two thousand years before 1850, with regionally varying fluctuations such as the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age.[29]

The warming that is evident in the instrumental temperature record is consistent with a wide range of observations, as documented by many independent scientific groups.[30] Examples include sea level rise (water expands as it warms),[31] widespread melting of snow and ice,[32] increased heat content of the oceans,[30] increased humidity,[30] and the earlier timing of spring events,[33] e.g., the flowering of plants.[34] The probability that these changes could have occurred by chance is virtually zero.[30]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1038337 Dec 10, 2013
The US Government has sold off it's remaining GM stock four months early. It looks like the final tally of taxpayer losses works out to around $10 billion.

The right wing yayhoos on here will be spinning this story to death.

Recall that the Republican house recently cost the US taxpayers $24 billion for political maneuvering.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1038338 Dec 10, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
and on Medicare was Ain Rind. She only wanted other people to be prevented to have access o Medicare
Racism
and Global Warming Deniers seem to go hand in hand on thread.
The Earth's average surface temperature rose by 0.74±0.18 °C over the period 1906–2005. The rate of warming over the last half of that period was almost double that for the period as a whole (0.13±0.03 °C per decade, versus 0.07±0.02 °C per decade). The urban heat island effect is very small, estimated to account for less than 0.002 °C of warming per decade since 1900.[28] Temperatures in the lower troposphere have increased between 0.13 and 0.22 °C (0.22 and 0.4 °F) per decade since 1979, according to satellite temperature measurements. Climate proxies show the temperature to have been relatively stable over the one or two thousand years before 1850, with regionally varying fluctuations such as the Medieval Warm Period and the Little Ice Age.[29]
The warming that is evident in the instrumental temperature record is consistent with a wide range of observations, as documented by many independent scientific groups.[30] Examples include sea level rise (water expands as it warms),[31] widespread melting of snow and ice,[32] increased heat content of the oceans,[30] increased humidity,[30] and the earlier timing of spring events,[33] e.g., the flowering of plants.[34] The probability that these changes could have occurred by chance is virtually zero.[30]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_warming
Who is Ain Rind you ignorant hillbilly?

It's the culture....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Dr Phil 237,689
Johnny Murray a/k/a Johnny's Marine 12 min Rick Walters 40
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 1 hr SHEsAPukingMESS 5
News More And More Chicago Restaurants Are Joining T... 1 hr EAT Dont PAY 2
News 15th Chicago Flamenco Festival Announces Lineup... 1 hr LIMP WRISTS 2
15 Chicago School Principals 2 B Arrested 1 hr HANG-em HIGH 3
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Jimmy Yanks Paul ... 63,389

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages