Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620925 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1037903 Dec 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Racist is a small elite aside from all the other derogatory things he is.
Did someone on here say Obama was the "first African-American" who was "clean" and "articulate" to run for office?

No, actually that was Joe Biden.

(At least he called Obama an African-American instead of a Negro like Reid did.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1037904 Dec 9, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the poster was criticizing Obama for supporting Mandela. Just pointing out the hypocrisy of his statement.
what does that have to do with Bush?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037905 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Te President & Congress are federal employees.
Dumbwaiter is not. He works in the subsidized oil industry.
My income does not come from any government & comes from private non-subsidized industry.
I didn't say it did-did I?

Again just because you work at a job that receives government money does not exclude you from criticizing it.

Wouldn't that be Communism?
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1037906 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So point out who is saying Fannie& Freddie should have no oversight?
No one.
Can't you f*cking read?
They are arguing against major restructuring & more oversight.
Dumbass Dave is so jaded that he can look at the negative in such a positive thing, and then post swear words to defend the stupidity of his statement, enjoy your life if it's possible...

The DNA of the demokratic party is inbred with hate and racism...

It's the culture...
LCNLin

United States

#1037907 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean shinning? Who only calls Obama what Harry Reid did?
The Magic Racist ....yes
RUSH10ME

Aylett, VA

#1037908 Dec 9, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
George W. Bush is going to honor Mandela by attending his funeral. Any questions?
And they should be honored to have such a man in their presense , they should be thankful he is taking the time , after all he is a busy man , unlike the golfer in chief .
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037909 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean shinning? Who only calls Obama what Harry Reid did?
LCN is on a rant today-don't confuse him.
LCNLin

United States

#1037910 Dec 9, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>And they should be honored to have such a man in their presense , they should be thankful he is taking the time , after all he is a busy man , unlike the golfer in chief .
Uncontrollable posting is a sign of mental disorders...in your case it's not the only sign.-

Orlando, FL

#1037911 Dec 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Not me, I am ready for a Republican president...
MEEEEE too!

Or an Independent or even the right Libertarian...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1037912 Dec 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I keep telling you I'm not a farmer. I work in the oil field. There is no such thing as a subsidy paid to any American oil company.
Or, show me the subsidy. So far, you talk about them, but you can't find any proof they exist.
Now, back to the post you ran away from:
So-called "poor" people are "poor" by choice.
Fk'em. Work or starve. Want more? Make yourself worth more. You're worthless because of the personal choices you made.
GFY
Work or starve.
"In the United States, credible estimates of annual fossil fuel subsidies range from $14 billion to $52 billion annually, while even efforts to remove small portions of those subsidies have been defeated in Congress."

We defend pipelines and shipping lanes in the Persian Gulf. That is a subsidy.

If the End Polluter Welfare Act (EPWA), S. 3080, had been enacted, "the legislation would have eliminated more than $110 billion in US taypayer subsidies to the fossil fuel industry over ten years."

“The End Polluter Welfare Act would have ended all tax breaks, special financing arrangements, and federal research and development funding. Never again would a company like BP take a tax deduction for money spent cleaning up its own mess in the Gulf of Mexico, and it would have closed the loophole that lets tar sands oil pipeline operators avoid paying the oil spill cleanup tax.”

"According to the fact sheet accompanying the text of the legislation, fossil fuels are subsidized at nearly 6 times the rate of renewable energy. From 2002-2008, the US Government gave the mature fossil fuel industry over $72 billion in subsidies, while investments in the emerging renewable industry totaled $12.2 billion. Unlike renewable energy incentives, which periodically expire and require Congress to approve extensions, the fossil fuel industry has dozens of subsidies permanently ingrained in the tax code from decades of successful lobbying."

The bill would have excluded any taxpayer that is in the trade or business of the production, refining, processing, transportation, or distribution of oil, natural gas, from the Last-in, First-out method of inventory oil, natural gas, and coal companies.

The bill would have denied the deduction for removal costs and damages for certain oil spills.

The bill would have taxed crude oil and natural gas produced from the outer continental shelf in the Gulf of Mexico.

The bill would have created a uniform seven-year amortization for geological and geophysical expenditures.

The bill would have ended... the "enhanced oil recovery CREDIT"; the CREDIT for producing oil and natural gas from marginal wells); the CREDIT for producing fuel from a nonconventional source; Limited the special rule for taxpayers with oil related qualified production activities income; ended the special rule for spudding of oil or natural gas wells; limited percentage of depletion in case of oil and natural gas wells; ended the deduction and recapture of certain mining exploration expenditures; ended the deduction for capital costs incurred in complying with Environmental Protection Agency sulfur regulations; limited the special rules for mining and solid waste reclamation and closing costs); Ended the 5-Year Carryback for Marginal Oil and Natural Gas Well Production CREDIT; Ended the CREDIT for Carbon Dioxide Sequestration; Limited the deduction for income attributable to domestic production of oil and gas by EXCLUDING gross receipts from the production, refining, processing, transportation, or distribution of oil, natural gas, or coal, or any primary product; etc., etc, etc,

http://www.climatesciencewatch.org/2012/05/15...

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/query/F... :

Orlando, FL

#1037913 Dec 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
The Magic Racist ....yes
Well, I wouldn't go that far. Reid isn't "magic".
RUSH10ME

Aylett, VA

#1037914 Dec 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
"maid", "made" red hairing" et al.
Look in the mirror.
Much like lily mirrors do NOT like her.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1037915 Dec 9, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
but I thought he couldn't leave the country.
lol!!!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037916 Dec 9, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it does. I seriously doubt the poster would be accusing Bush of supporting a "terrorist" for doing the same thing Obama is doing. You people are well documented hypocrites.
You need to let go of your stereotypes.

Mandela was a terrorist and was even on US terrorist list but apparently the presidents have chosen to overlook this for what he did later in life.
LCNLin

United States

#1037917 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did someone on here say Obama was the "first African-American" who was "clean" and "articulate" to run for office?
No, actually that was Joe Biden.
(At least he called Obama an African-American instead of a Negro like Reid did.)
Biden is NOT a racist ...
You on the other hand seem an open question after you chat?
LCNLin

United States

#1037918 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Te President & Congress are federal employees.
Dumbwaiter is not. He works in the subsidized oil industry.
My income does not come from any government & comes from private non-subsidized industry.
Magic Racist trolls are amusing today
RUSH10ME

Aylett, VA

#1037919 Dec 9, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Uncontrollable posting is a sign of mental disorders...in your case it's not the only sign.-
So is throwing away money on the same entitlement programs from generation to generation from womb to tomb and expecting a different result , but hey thats exactly what the liberals want .
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1037920 Dec 9, 2013
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>And they should be honored to have such a man in their presense , they should be thankful he is taking the time , after all he is a busy man , unlike the golfer in chief .
The Golf shoes in the Oval Office could have been a clue... and... According to Reggie Love Obama bin Lyin played Spades during the bin Laden raid...

Bush flew fighter jets... Obama bin Lyin drives golf carts and relies on teleprompters... See the difference?

It's the culture...
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037921 Dec 9, 2013
Homer wrote:
Sorry that should have read 'American' rightwingers cheer their beloved Putin.
My humblest apologies,
Homer
So anytime we say a foreign leader has accomplished something good it is some sort of a pissing contest?
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037922 Dec 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
Lily makes you look th eidiot you are, and you hate her for it.
You still haven't provided any evidence of her racism, as I just did with Laney's racist comment.
Show the proof or admit Lily has you whipped into a hateful emotional breakdown!!
I have repeatedly and you keep denying.

What Progressive sites? What is twitter? complex.

The day lily stops tossing racist around at anyone she disagrees with then I will re-evaluate my opinion. Until then she is acting as a racist.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min honeymylove 11,446
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242,799
Eli Manning traded to Arizona 1 hr Old Friend 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 64,004
The Party of Racism. 4 hr Testube 64
The truth and nuttin but. 4 hr TimBuck2 25
Why can 2 Black Reps. get media protection & Wh... 4 hr WHY 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages