Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1383694 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1037365 Dec 8, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...the same way as other Fascist dictators throughout history...
by scapegoating a minority group (the evil rich) and by making impossible promises...
I'm waiting for the jerk to do an ABC Christmas Special called

"Yes, Lateesha & Juanita, there is a Santa Claus"

Lapeer, MI

#1037366 Dec 8, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because too many weren't listening and weren't paying attention because they were too busy screaming, "Yes, we can!" and the liberal media put halos over his head and called him the "chosen one" and he looked like a celebrity and could read real good.
That's the only thing I can think of.
It almost makes one feel like American Citizens are not in charge of the institution any more.

So who's running this place, anyways???

Lapeer, MI

#1037367 Dec 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Then he and Winnie should get along like two pigs in a poke...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ffv4TcpfyAsXX
...what with their shared interests and all THAT hatred and resentment entails.
I see clearly that historians of today are partisan cheerleader judges who wish to legislate the future of the world to their personal liking.

Those who control history control the future.

But, even deeper, we have a growing problem here with the Liberal Media's Talking Heads posing as corrupt Historians.

If they had been allowed to write this sort of garbage 60-70 years ago, Hitler would be seen today as a European Freedom Fighter who saved the Germanic Race from Jewish Ethnic Cleansing attempts.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1037368 Dec 8, 2013
Goodnight, shinn.

Lapeer, MI

#1037369 Dec 8, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Are you related to Bachmann son?
What would happen if Rush Limbaugh called for John Boehner to sh it into Mooschelle's mouth?

Riots across America. TV and Radio stations burned down.

And the Magic Negro would oinstitute Marshal Law.

But Martin Bashir, a Liberal trooper, can say it as casually as Debbie Wasserman-Schultz orders another government-funded abortion for herself.

Lapeer, MI

#1037370 Dec 8, 2013
nanoanomaly wrote:
Goodnight, shinn.
Good night kind reader:]
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1037371 Dec 9, 2013

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1037374 Dec 9, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Then son, why don't you understand the federal ruling that was handed down?
You keep trying to inject your opinion as some sort of 'proof' in direct contradiction to the facts of the matter.
No one said anything about investigating. Your original point was the police had no right to demand the individual remove his mask because he was Constitutionally protected.
So don't try to duck, dive and dance away from YOUR position. All I did was point to the FACTS of the matter in deference to WHAT YOU BELIEVE!!!
Let's work on your reading and comprehension of the written English language.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
This means the government does not have any right to investigate anything about you without just cause.
Why is this so difficult for you to understand? It's written in plain English.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1037375 Dec 9, 2013
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said Sunday he was "very surprised" at people who were critical of his decision to praise Nelson Mandela this week, standing by his admiration for Mandela's "very long, deep commitment to freedom."

On Thursday, upon hearing of the former South African president's death, Gingrich put up a post on Facebook, expressing his condolences.

"President Nelson Mandela was one of the greatest leaders of our lifetime," he wrote. "When he visited the Congress I was deeply impressed with the charisma and the calmness with which he could dominate a room. It was as if the rest of us grew smaller and he grew stronger and more dominant the longer the meeting continued."

Gingrich's statement, however, was met with backlash from many of his followers.

"Newt, I was rooting for you to win the primaries and become the next president; please tell me your joking!! Mandela was a commie murderer!!" read one comment that was popular with other users.

"You're forgetting Mandela's extreme racism! There are YouTubes of Mandela singing songs about murdering the white man. I spit on his grave....," read another.

When asked about the criticism in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, Gingrich replied, "I was very surprised by it.[My wife] Callista posted my statement on her Facebook page and was amazed at some of the intensity -- some of whom came back three, four and five times repeating how angry they were."

In response, on Saturday, Gingrich put out a new statement and video to his supporters, challenging critics to put themselves in Mandela's shoes.

"I was surprised by the hostility and vehemence of some of the people who reacted to me saying a kind word about a unique historic figure," he said. "So let me say to those conservatives who don’t want to honor Nelson Mandela, what would you have done?"

Responding to conservatives who dismiss Mandela as a communist, Gingrich added, "Actually Mandela was raised in a Methodist school, was a devout Christian, turned to communism in desperation only after South Africa was taken over by an extraordinarily racist government determined to eliminate all rights for blacks."

As Ta-Nehisi Coates at the Atlantic pointed out, Gingrich's support for Mandela is not new or an attempt to rewrite history.

"Newt Gingrich was among a cadre of conservatives who opposed the mainstream conservative stance on Apartheid and ultimately helped override Reagan's unconscionable veto of sanctions," he wrote, adding, "When Gingrich compliments Mandela on his presidency he doesn't do so within the context of alleged African pathologies, but within the context of countries throughout the world. It's a textbook lessons in 'How not to be racist,' which is to say it is a textbook lesson in how to talk about Nelson Mandela as though he were a human being."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/08/newt...

sorry Newt, no accounting for ignorant redneck hicks. not in this country anyway. the fact that white South Africans got theirs is probably the problem. now if only white folks ruled the world.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037376 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Still no list. Certainly if the Democrats caused the recession, they passed something bad in those first 9 months f control. Where is the list??
Surely, if the Democrats caused the recession, they would have to have said this:

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB1222905...

Any questions about who was promoting the policies that caused the economy to collapse?

I've got a question.
Why did the Democrats support the war in Iraq?
And, why did the Democrats oppose that same war they supported previously?
Try to answer these questions without introducing yourself as a conspiracy nut. ;-)
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1037377 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Homer, those terrible Republicans are telling Californians other truths as reported by thinkprogress.org as a "fake ObamaCare website" which is a lie from the get go.
IRS WILL SINGLE OUT CONSERVATIVES.
(No surprise there...they've already done that.)
YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SCREWED.
(Yep...)
EMPLOYERS WILL STOP HIRING.
(And only hire part-time...)
SENIORS WILL EXPERIENCE RATIONING.
(Everyone will experience rationing but especially seniors because physicians won't take Medicare...)
Despite the GOP’s effort to dissuade Californians from purchasing coverage, however, nearly 80,000 people signed up for health insurance in the state’s new exchange as of late November, with approximately "2,7000" people enrolling daily.
(Only 80,000 people have signed up because of those dastardly Republicans!!!)
...And, yes, the article did print the number "2,7000" as was posted.
You just love to lie and believe those whose lies go along with your warped views.
The IRS never targeted conservative groups liar. Not one conservative group was denied 501(c)(4) status but three progressive groups were. How would the IRS know if you're a conservative or liberal anyway nitwit? There's no box on tax returns that you check off to indicate your political affiliation. The only thing the IRS wants to know is if you have coverage. Period.
How are young people screwed Carol? It's true that premiums will likely rise for some young adults, particularly men. But that doesn't take two important considerations into account: federal subsidies and more comprehensive coverage. Younger people are actually get better coverage than they would under the super cheap policies that have high deductibles and out of pocket costs and end up costing more than was saved by those low premiums.
There's no evidence to suggest that Obamacare will result in employers hiring more part time workers.
Writing in Business Insider in July, investment banker Daniel Alpert noted that the growth of part-time jobs has happened in sectors where most work is already part-time, as opposed to rising in sectors where it has traditionally been full-time. Alpert concluded:
Anecdotal Obamacare-scare stories abound, but they seem pretty specious at best….There is no empirical evidence that hiring practices relate to concerns over benefits, and a heck of a lot of evidence that the people being hired for new jobs are earning less than workers already employed and that the jobs that a significant proportion of jobs being created are not full time because of the sectors they are in. If the Obamacare hiring meme were accurate, the tendency game the law would be to game the system by hiring people to work just under the 30 hour “full time” cut off under the act. But that does not appear to be the case either.

Read more: Jobs Report Shows No Obamacare Effect on Employment | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2013/10/22/obamacare-h...
Rationing Carol? What the hell do you this the insurance companies were doing? They were rationing coverage to customers that they figured they'd have to put out the least amount of money on. Your statement that doctors aren't accepting Medicare patients is a myth. With an aging population doctors would be stupid to exclude a growing portion of the population from their practice.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037378 Dec 9, 2013
Let's take a look at last week:

Obama proved to everyone he doesn't have a clue what happens in government.

Obama ordered flags lowered to honor a terrorist.

Any questions?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037379 Dec 9, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich (R-Ga.) said Sunday he was "very surprised" at people who were critical of his decision to praise Nelson Mandela this week, standing by his admiration for Mandela's "very long, deep commitment to freedom."
On Thursday, upon hearing of the former South African president's death, Gingrich put up a post on Facebook, expressing his condolences.
"President Nelson Mandela was one of the greatest leaders of our lifetime," he wrote. "When he visited the Congress I was deeply impressed with the charisma and the calmness with which he could dominate a room. It was as if the rest of us grew smaller and he grew stronger and more dominant the longer the meeting continued."
Gingrich's statement, however, was met with backlash from many of his followers.
"Newt, I was rooting for you to win the primaries and become the next president; please tell me your joking!! Mandela was a commie murderer!!" read one comment that was popular with other users.
"You're forgetting Mandela's extreme racism! There are YouTubes of Mandela singing songs about murdering the white man. I spit on his grave....," read another.
When asked about the criticism in an interview on CNN's "State of the Union" on Sunday, Gingrich replied, "I was very surprised by it.[My wife] Callista posted my statement on her Facebook page and was amazed at some of the intensity -- some of whom came back three, four and five times repeating how angry they were."
In response, on Saturday, Gingrich put out a new statement and video to his supporters, challenging critics to put themselves in Mandela's shoes.
"I was surprised by the hostility and vehemence of some of the people who reacted to me saying a kind word about a unique historic figure," he said. "So let me say to those conservatives who don’t want to honor Nelson Mandela, what would you have done?"
Responding to conservatives who dismiss Mandela as a communist, Gingrich added, "Actually Mandela was raised in a Methodist school, was a devout Christian, turned to communism in desperation only after South Africa was taken over by an extraordinarily racist government determined to eliminate all rights for blacks."
As Ta-Nehisi Coates at the Atlantic pointed out, Gingrich's support for Mandela is not new or an attempt to rewrite history.
"Newt Gingrich was among a cadre of conservatives who opposed the mainstream conservative stance on Apartheid and ultimately helped override Reagan's unconscionable veto of sanctions," he wrote, adding, "When Gingrich compliments Mandela on his presidency he doesn't do so within the context of alleged African pathologies, but within the context of countries throughout the world. It's a textbook lessons in 'How not to be racist,' which is to say it is a textbook lesson in how to talk about Nelson Mandela as though he were a human being."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/08/newt...
sorry Newt, no accounting for ignorant redneck hicks. not in this country anyway. the fact that white South Africans got theirs is probably the problem. now if only white folks ruled the world.....
One word: "Necklace"

Descrive for us what this is, and tell us who was doing it.
And, explain to us why Mandella only murdered black people, when he always said his enemies were the white people.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037380 Dec 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You just love to lie and believe those whose lies go along with your warped views.
The IRS never targeted conservative groups liar. Not one conservative group was denied 501(c)(4) status but three progressive groups were. How would the IRS know if you're a conservative or liberal anyway nitwit? There's no box on tax returns that you check off to indicate your political affiliation. The only thing the IRS wants to know is if you have coverage. Period.
How are young people screwed Carol? It's true that premiums will likely rise for some young adults, particularly men. But that doesn't take two important considerations into account: federal subsidies and more comprehensive coverage. Younger people are actually get better coverage than they would under the super cheap policies that have high deductibles and out of pocket costs and end up costing more than was saved by those low premiums.
There's no evidence to suggest that Obamacare will result in employers hiring more part time workers.
Writing in Business Insider in July, investment banker Daniel Alpert noted that the growth of part-time jobs has happened in sectors where most work is already part-time, as opposed to rising in sectors where it has traditionally been full-time. Alpert concluded:
Anecdotal Obamacare-scare stories abound, but they seem pretty specious at best….There is no empirical evidence that hiring practices relate to concerns over benefits, and a heck of a lot of evidence that the people being hired for new jobs are earning less than workers already employed and that the jobs that a significant proportion of jobs being created are not full time because of the sectors they are in. If the Obamacare hiring meme were accurate, the tendency game the law would be to game the system by hiring people to work just under the 30 hour “full time” cut off under the act. But that does not appear to be the case either.
Read more: Jobs Report Shows No Obamacare Effect on Employment | TIME.com http://nation.time.com/2013/10/22/obamacare-h...
Rationing Carol? What the hell do you this the insurance companies were doing? They were rationing coverage to customers that they figured they'd have to put out the least amount of money on. Your statement that doctors aren't accepting Medicare patients is a myth. With an aging population doctors would be stupid to exclude a growing portion of the population from their practice.
So, what you're saying is, the only growth in the economy is occurring in the sector that puts people into poverty, and the sector that allows people a living wage is stagnant, right?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037381 Dec 9, 2013
How about all the Democrat frauds here explain some things to us:

What is a "necklace", and who was using this terrorist tactic in South Africa?

Why did Mandela murder only black people, while he stated his enemies were white people?

What was Mandela's role in the southern Africa front of the communists in the Cold War?

Why are the blacks in South Africa still getting substandard education and having only menial jobs (with the exception of the ruling elitist politicians), and still have a jackboot on the back of their necks?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1037382 Dec 9, 2013
It's all a matter of priorities.
If Obama had any concern about the health care Americans get, the ObamaKare website would work just as well as the flawless network Obama built to spy on the American people.

Of course, that assumes Obama actually has authority and influence in the government, and isn't just a shill and a cardbord cutout of a commercial to make it look like someone's actually president.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1037384 Dec 9, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor are getting poorer, Homer. Black young men are becoming more desperate as unemployment is so high in the black community. More of the middle class are also struggling to stay above the poverty line.
Maybe if you paid attention, you might know what's really going on.
JFK had it right. Lowering taxes and creating jobs and opportunities is the best way to help the poor.
You remember JFK, don't you?
Once again Carol you're dealing in myths. Lowering taxes does not promote job growth. George w lowered taxes and had one of the smallest job growth figures of any president. More jobs were created during Carters one term than George W's two.
The defining economic policy of the last decade, of course, was the Bush tax cuts. President George W. Bush and Congress, including Mr. Ryan, passed a large tax cut in 2001, sped up its implementation in 2003 and predicted that prosperity would follow.
The economic growth that actually followed — indeed, the whole history of the last 20 years — offers one of the most serious challenges to modern conservatism. Bill Clinton and the elder George Bush both raised taxes in the early 1990s, and conservatives predicted disaster. Instead, the economy boomed, and incomes grew at their fastest pace since the 1960s. Then came the younger Mr. Bush, the tax cuts, the disappointing expansion and the worst downturn since the Depression.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1037385 Dec 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again Carol you're dealing in myths. Lowering taxes does not promote job growth. George w lowered taxes and had one of the smallest job growth figures of any president. More jobs were created during Carters one term than George W's two.
The defining economic policy of the last decade, of course, was the Bush tax cuts. President George W. Bush and Congress, including Mr. Ryan, passed a large tax cut in 2001, sped up its implementation in 2003 and predicted that prosperity would follow.
The economic growth that actually followed — indeed, the whole history of the last 20 years — offers one of the most serious challenges to modern conservatism. Bill Clinton and the elder George Bush both raised taxes in the early 1990s, and conservatives predicted disaster. Instead, the economy boomed, and incomes grew at their fastest pace since the 1960s. Then came the younger Mr. Bush, the tax cuts, the disappointing expansion and the worst downturn since the Depression.
I would say across the board tax cuts are not as effective as targeted tax cuts in times of needed stimulus.. The Bush tax cuts hurt because they came at a time of war & huge government expansion and because the Bush Tax cuts tended to help the wealthy more than the middle class.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1037386 Dec 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
Let's take a look at last week:
Obama proved to everyone he doesn't have a clue what happens in government.
Obama ordered flags lowered to honor a terrorist.
Any questions?
Great thinking from a moron whose group, Tea Party comes from a terrorist attack.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1037387 Dec 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY STUPID!

Did you just say "Not one conservative group was denied 501(c)(4) status but three progressive groups were. "?

Explain this then, liar!

"Transcript of Lois Lerner’s Remarks at Tax Meeting Sparking IRS Controversy:

...That was wrong, that was absolutely incorrect, insensitive, and inappropriate — that’s not how we go about selecting cases for further review. We don’t select for review because they have a particular name.

...So I guess my bottom line here is that we at the IRS should apologize for that,

Bottom lib liar is that the IRS delayed approval and misused government power.

You are a liar and an idiot!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A Muslim woman asks the wrong person a question. 1 min She gets Blasted 3
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 9 min BribedBlacksVoteDem 75
Hillary's History 16 min HillaryWillBArrested 70
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Barack calls me B... 59,531
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 8,441
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr Dr Guru 214,539
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,051
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 13 hr Sublime1 102,044
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages