Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1655655 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1037645 Dec 9, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
throw out political philosophies...
trickle up...trickle down...don't matter...
the ethics of the people do....dummy...
So the likes of lola and whatever have no ethics then?

I'm sure not going to disagree with you there!

Since they created, then stepped into their own poo!
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037646 Dec 9, 2013
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bing Dictionary?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You get caught improperly using a word, and all you do is make lame excuses for your ignorance. What's with that??
"The Bing made me do it!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bing?? It's a Microsoft product, like Windows and IE, full of errors and bugs. Only the truly ignorant would use Bing as a dictionary. It figures that you'd be one of them.
And you're the one who questions others' sources?? That's funny!!
You're stupid enough to use Bing as an authority on verbiage.
Here's the meaning from an actual dictionary;
jest noun \&#712;jest\
: something said or done to cause laughter
Full Definition of JEST
: an utterance (as a jeer or quip) intended to be taken as mockery or humor
a : prank
b : a ludicrous circumstance or incident
a : a frivolous mood or manner <spoken in jest>
b : gaiety and merriment
Your use of the word 'jest' was completely incorrect. The correct word was 'jist', just as Lily corrected your ignorance.
------
gist noun \&#712;jist\
Definition of GIST
: the ground of a legal action
: the main point or part : essence <the gist of an argument>
And all you do is make lameassed excuses, so typical.
It's what we've come to expect from a lightweight fraud like you who confuses quantity of meaningless posts with quality ones.
Oh what an idiot you are. Now you think you can dictate what dictionaries someone can use?

I specifically stated a dictionary and a definition that I was using which states
-"2.something joked about: an object of scorn or derision

The "jest" of the poster's content.

Some people don't get puns

Hey, how is your denial of the Knock Out Game working for you?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1037647 Dec 9, 2013
Making a Hillary ice sculpture in my front yard today. Kind of a tribute to irony. I hope I have enough ice to make realistic thunder thighs and cankles.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1037648 Dec 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Benghazi is not a done deal anymore than Fast and Furious. Latest is that a judge ruled that Congress could hold Holder in contempt if he failed to turned over the records.
lol! I wish you idiots would continue to bring it up son.

BTW, where's that California idiot who was wasting taxpayer money on this to move his political agenda?

Since: Nov 11

New York, NY

#1037649 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>You are a liar.

Democrats never argued for no oversight. They argued against additional oversight.

Look, sheepdip, I ave told you that a gazillion times & even pointed it out in links you provided.

Evidently, you are too f*cking stupid to get it.
"The war the Arabs started"

Liberals claims that 911 was simply an aviation accident!

Idiots!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1037650 Dec 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing is more troll-ish than a Progressive trolling a message board screaming that everyone who isn't a Progressive is a troll.
When Idealism Gets Mugged by Reality-the Progressives became bitter.
lol! It's like the reich wingers claiming others are racists eh?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1037651 Dec 9, 2013
Oh lookie! The thread mental spaz case is back!
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bing Dictionary?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
You get caught improperly using a word, and all you do is make lame excuses for your ignorance. What's with that??
"The Bing made me do it!!" HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Bing?? It's a Microsoft product, like Windows and IE, full of errors and bugs. Only the truly ignorant would use Bing as a dictionary. It figures that you'd be one of them.
And you're the one who questions others' sources?? That's funny!!
You're stupid enough to use Bing as an authority on verbiage.
Here's the meaning from an actual dictionary;
jest noun \&#712;jest\
: something said or done to cause laughter
Full Definition of JEST
: an utterance (as a jeer or quip) intended to be taken as mockery or humor
a : prank
b : a ludicrous circumstance or incident
a : a frivolous mood or manner <spoken in jest>
b : gaiety and merriment
Your use of the word 'jest' was completely incorrect. The correct word was 'jist', just as Lily corrected your ignorance.
------
gist noun \&#712;jist\
Definition of GIST
: the ground of a legal action
: the main point or part : essence <the gist of an argument>
And all you do is make lameassed excuses, so typical.
It's what we've come to expect from a lightweight fraud like you who confuses quantity of meaningless posts with quality ones.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1037652 Dec 9, 2013
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never done southern cooking. I need to write some of these down and try them out.
You're missing out on some of the best food on the planet.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1037653 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
In defining minimum coverage, Galt thinks there should be a separate guideline for fertile & unfertile women. This is how GD stupid Galt & the right whiners are that keep posting about this.
please explain why single men or women who cannot become pregnant should be required to purchase maternity coverage....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1037654 Dec 9, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Another non-existent knock-out attack...
What type of ethics would allow people to think that attacking someone like this is ok?
'BRUTAL KNOCK-OUT ATTACK Caught on Security Camera (Video)'
http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2013/12/bruta...
How frequently do these attacks have to occur for the huge number of them to be recorded by chance by a security camera?
I think you can multiply that by at least a hundred.
No Surprize

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1037655 Dec 9, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Look who's talking! The queen of the alternate right wing universe! You don't have a clue about what's happening in the real world and your asinine post proves it.
Strange you sock DumbassDave would embrace fraud and failure as an obama hallmark or accomplishment.... then again, that's all Obama bin Lyin has to show now after 5 years you idiot..

It's the culture...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1037656 Dec 9, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
MSNBC is an opinion network, not a news network...or even a news network with "personal commentary"...
lol! You mean.... like fart "news"?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1037657 Dec 9, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you answered them once, that would be sufficient. Here the questions are again, in case you feel like answering them:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
(Please find the statements from the White House and State Department.)
Why did Obama lie over and over about ObamaKare?
(the "it is not a tax" and "you can keep it, period" lie.)
Obama said he was born in Kenya. Then Obama said he was born in Hawaii.
(bio for the first book Obama lied about writing, and bio in the Harvard Law Review when he was named editor.)
So...
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Why did Obama lie over and over about ObamaKare?
Obama said he was born in Kenya. Then Obama said he was born in Hawaii.
Which time was Obama lying?
He Didn't.
Explained.
Debunked.
No times.

Use these to answer your questions as you post the same ones over and over and over again.

Let me know if your questions change and I will adjust with a corresponding answer.

Thanks!

Homer

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1037658 Dec 9, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
"If you like your doctor you can keep it if you want to PAY MORE",
Zeke Emanual ( Typical Liberal Democrat idiot)
See? Obama only fooled Democrats.
Tea Party can not be fooled EVER!
Dr. Easykill Emmanuel should be seeking mental help. Someone needs to tell him he definitely qualifies. The Emmanuels are the kind of Jews that give the rest of us a bad name. Of course they supported the Palestinian terrorists also-they actually lived in Palestine to support the leftist terrorists.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1037659 Dec 9, 2013
TSM wrote:
We had Bob Woodward now Gergen neither are Conservative/Republican now saying the same thing: GAI Report Shows 'No One in Charge' of WH, anyone with a Brain not surprise the puppets Magic (Teleprompter) not Working!!
Bob Woodward has proven he will shoot darts at anyone, he is not partisan in his criticism. His stabs at Obama really stings the white house. Jay Carney has a conniption fit every time.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037660 Dec 9, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>If these people that work at Wal-Mart and McDonalds were so smart they wouldn't be working there. And if the economy was great, you wouldn't be complaining that they are working there. Just goes to show how rotten the O'bama economy was. Did you the strikers in Chicago? these morons can't even speak English or a language recognized by civilized societies--and yet...the taxpayers pay 21,000 dollars per child in the city to educate these children. What happened? throwing money hasn't worked-so let's cut it off and see how that works. Certainly the outcome would be the same.
However, if they would attempt to do a good job they could work themselves up to a managers job which in this economy is not bad pay.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1037661 Dec 9, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dipstick. if you don't know that Bush tried to put Fannie & Freddie under White House oversight then you really are dumber than sh*t.
Dolt,

That was not what I took issue with, it was your level of expertise.

You never responded and I know you will not.

What are your credentials to be the thread Banking Expert, DumbDave?

BS?

Yup - thought so!

Moron.

You aren't even a college graduate and never worked one single day in finance.

Dolt.

Yes we know, you have a BS in BS.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1037662 Dec 9, 2013
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
How come so many people (about 180 million or so) think our president is dishonest? Seems like a lot of people have changed their mind about Obama.
just a bunch of racists???
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1037663 Dec 9, 2013
Waxman wrote:
This PDupont idiot said Sweden was doing "just fine" when they were having their 5th day of riots.
<quoted text>
The discussion was about Sweden's economy lamebrain. The riots were a response to a police killing and had nothing to do with the economy.
Whatever

Scottsbluff, NE

#1037664 Dec 9, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Oh lookie! The thread mental spaz case is back!
<quoted text>
Nuc is asrighteous as always and telling everyone what they are to use, watch, etc.

It is like having our own Oprah with a foul mouth as an added bonus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min texas pete 2,668
99% of abusers are democrat. 2 hr Malignant-the news 4
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 2 hr Media is Malignant 2
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 3 hr SQUAWSKANK LIAR 9
Luke dies in The Last Jedi! 3 hr Snoke kills Dumbl... 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Justice Dale 243,089
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 10 hr Jaystone5 482

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages