Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1276109 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034898 Dec 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he's not going anywhere, even after his recent crack scandal. He said he hopes to run for prime minister of Canada one day. When asked what party he'd choose, he said,'Why choose one? I usually hit, like, five parties a night.'" -Jimmy Fallon

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1034899 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Gore was a smart man & knew more about the report & why it was written as he was VP when this committee got started.
Gore was so smart that he reported areas in Florida that he stated were cheating....he was ahead in those areas by a huge amount. That's how smart Gore was. Like every good liberal. He was cheating.
LCNLin

United States

#1034900 Dec 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
RAPID CITY, SD—Saying he had been very hard on himself recently over a series of small mistakes, local clinically insane man Isaac Whipple, 38, put things in perspective Monday morning by reminding himself that he is God.“I have a tendency to beat myself up over the tiniest little things, so when I’m feeling down like this it always helps to just sit down, take a deep breath, and remember that I am the Great God Almighty, Supreme Lord and Ruler of All Creation, and that nothing happens unless I will it,” the mentally ill Whipple told reporters, emphasizing that reminding himself he is immortal and holds sway over the lives of all living creatures “always calms [him] down a bit.”“I’m my own biggest critic and I tend to make mountains out of molehills, so it’s good to keep in mind the fact that I am a flawless and infallible being who controls everything that is and will ever be. I see all. I know all. I judge all. I am God. At the end of the day, that’s all that matters.” When reached for further comment, Whipple attributed his recent bout of insecurity to the tremendous stress involved in ruling over the pits of Hell, as he is also Satan.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/insane-man-g...
WAX is only posting with his puppets LOL
Vodka

Palm Coast, FL

#1034901 Dec 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he's not going anywhere, even after his recent crack scandal. He said he hopes to run for prime minister of Canada one day. When asked what party he'd choose, he said,'Why choose one? I usually hit, like, five parties a night.'" -Jimmy Fallon
You two have so much in common. I wonder if he's an Obama worshipper, too.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1034902 Dec 4, 2013
The man is a shoe-in for Mayor of D.C. He and Marion Barry must be related.
Vodka

Palm Coast, FL

#1034903 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
WAX is only posting with his puppets LOL
like Patrick and Angela? LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034904 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
An even more interesting video...
Rachael Maddow of all people...reporting Obama's speech on "prolonged detention"...
April 4, 2013
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Attention All Men of Honor...
lol! After all, you'd never hear a reich winger denigrating their own!

Well, except for maybe Karl Rove!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034906 Dec 4, 2013
Rachel Maddow compiled and dissected a recent speech by Obama in which he explains the future use of FEMA camps directly allowing indefinite pre-emptive detention for crimes that have not been committed yet. Maddow stated Obama's overreach is "far beyond anything Bush and Cheney ever attempted and completely outside even the constitution's Article 1, Section 9."

She compares Obama's evolving policy to that of the Tom Cruise science fiction movie: Minority Report, in which Cruise works as a cop in the department of pre-crime, arresting people for things they haven't done yet.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Obama-explai...

The first step was to use the IRS to go after his political enemies. The FEMA camps are being held in reserve...just in case.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034907 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so when I win the lotto, I'm getting a subsidy. Stupid fck.
Well let's see....

sub·si·dy
[suhb-si-dee] Show IPA
noun, plural sub·si·dies.
a direct pecuniary aid furnished by a government to a private industrial undertaking, a charity organization, or the like.
a sum paid, often in accordance with a treaty, by one government to another to secure some service in return.
a grant or contribution of money.
money formerly granted by the English Parliament to the crown for special needs.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034908 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> There is nothing in the ACA that said you could not keep your plan (assuming it was really a plan to begin with). There was eve a grandfather clause.
Do you mean ObamaKare?

ObamaKare. Call it by the name Obama sanctioned for it, dupe.

ObamaKare changed the requirements insurance companies had to comply with, allowed those insurance companies to cancel policies that didn't comply with the new standards, leaving, as of today, 5,000,000 people with cancelled policies, that make "if you like your policy you can keep your policy" a blatant lie, who have to get new policies at least double the price of the previous policies that were cancelled because of ObamaKare, with higher deductables because of ObamaKare, with different restrictions, that make "if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" a blatant lie.
These 5,000,000 cancelled policies are just the beginning due to the insurance companies preparing for the individual mandate to be enforced. When the individual mandate is enforced, that number will probably double.
Now, let's talk about the tsunami of cancelled policies when the employer mandate will be enforced. It will be cheaper for corporations to dump their employees onto the ObamaKare fiasco than to continue providing insurance for them. As a result of ObamaKare, relatively few corporations will continue to provide health insurance to their employees.
Today, corporations are routinely dropping dependents from employee coverage because of ObamaKare.

ObamaKare is a disaster. ObamaKare will caused more people to lose their health insurance than it was intended to cover. It was originally intended to give 50 million uninsured people coverage. The policy death toll from ObamaKare will be in excess of 100 million people losing their health insurance and being dumped onto ObamaKare and having Obama's Death Panel decide whether they will live or die.

Like the exact text in the ObamaKare law states: "The Secretary will determine..." everything.
LCNLin

United States

#1034909 Dec 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! After all, you'd never hear a reich winger denigrating their own!
Well, except for maybe Karl Rove!
Carol gone soft?, quoting R M.
Karl Roves seems to have woken up.
Carol seems a RINO now, she always made a bit more sense than the trolls
.... funny Wax is on Canadian health care

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1034910 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, finally you make a statement of truth, Methmouth: Your posts really do equal PARASITE skank loserTic (sic). Almost everyone tries to avoid them at all costs.
...except for you, huh skank.

Orlando, FL

#1034911 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The still undetermined losses are miniscule compared to the massive losses and surrounding legal clusterfk had the company been allowed to die in bankruptcy court.
You're just mad I proved you wrong again...with a source. Something of which you have yet to post.

Both GM and Chrysler should have filed for protection under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.

The benefits afforded under Chapter 11 to companies whose assets are protected and whose fixed payments on most liabilities are suspended while they attempt to reorganize in bankruptcy.

Another sometimes overlooked benefit for firms in bankruptcy is their ability to borrow substantial amounts of funds for continued operations under what is known as debtor-in-possession (DIP) financing. This aspect of the U.S. Bankruptcy Code gives the provider of funds a super-priority status over all existing unsecured claims and is almost always accompanied by specific collateral, such that the chance of a lender losing any of its investment is quite remote

But this president claims to be anti-corporation while sitting as the CEO of GM after bailing them out with our money.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1034912 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Baby boomers account for a large chunk of the drop outs old timer. Amazing that you right wing clowns can't grasp that fact.
another irrelevant post by pisswater and prostitutes.

Orlando, FL

#1034913 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Aunt BattyLou becomes an Oathkeeper!!!!
Bet your bottom dollar I'd take the oath the military and law enforcers are taking to uphold and defend the Constitution against all threats - both foreign and domestic.

Wouldn't you?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1034915 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>If they had a Monet ("forciblely"???), then they could probably take care of their own medical costs and retirement from their Cayman Island accounts...fact is, most people would probably be more like Batty Loo Carol and either never save a dime, cash out whenever they found a sap to support them for a while or got fired, or both. What would have happened to all those old folks' retirement accounts in the Stock Market during the Bush fiasco? Be careful what you wish for, billionaire...
"Well, yeah, Lily, but the must be some credit (in his warped little mind) for changing his stupid name (forgetting the location)at least of third of those 48x365x5... "

hahahahahahahahaha

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034916 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The governments money is what you owe in taxes.
If you get a reduction in taxes, does your wallet have more money than if you got no deduction?
It's a simple question.
This is where you're all fucked up.
To begin with, the person/corporation/entity/what ever is the owner of the money until that money is transferred to some other person/corporation/entity/what ever, in this case the government.
The government can assess a tax. This money does not belong to the government until that tax is paid. If the government assesses a tax, then excuses part of that tax, the end fucking result, you fucking moron, is a lower tax assessed.

You primary assumption is communist. Here, the government doesn't own the money by default and allows a certain portion of that money to be kept by people/corporations.

Here's how it works in a capitalist system: The private entity owns the money. The government levies a tax. The private entity pays the tax. Then, and only after the tax has been collected, the government owns that money. Until the tax has been collected, the government doesn't ownshit.

Pay particular attention to the FACT that when the government allows a tax exemption, that is a tax exemption. The result is a lower tax paid.

A SUBSIDY IS MONEY GIVEN BY THE GOVERNMENT.
A lower tax rate is not a subsidy because... you may need to write this down... THE GOVERNMENT HAS NEVER RECEIVED THE MONEY TO GIVE IT BACK. The government lowered the tax. That's all.

There are no subsidies to AMERICAN oil companies. The only oil company Obama subsidises is Petrobras, the national oil company of Brasil. Subsidies to American oil companies is an urban legend. There is no such thing as a subsidy to an American oil company.

Orlando, FL

#1034917 Dec 4, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You mean like finding wmd's in iraq son? That kind of 'fog?'
It's not like they weren't ever there, you moron.

You don't mind being called a moron in this particular instance, do you?

Because the Democrats believed they were there - the UN believed they were there - and intelligence believed they were there.

Saddam had plenty of time to get rid of them. Now Syria has them...or did...supposedly.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1034918 Dec 4, 2013
Signs the Progressive 'you did not build that' economy is on fire!

"MedStar to lay off 74 at Baltimore hospitals"

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore/news/201...

Orlando, FL

#1034919 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol gone soft?, quoting R M.
Karl Roves seems to have woken up.
Carol seems a RINO now, she always made a bit more sense than the trolls
.... funny Wax is on Canadian health care
You just never pay attention, do you? Must be nice to be so insulated from reality.

But don't let me disturb you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 21 min _Zoey_ 6,421
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 26 min Rogue Scholar 05 196,892
Fun Song Combos (Sep '12) 1 hr Lexus1985 465
abby 8-28-15 1 hr RACE 6
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr Lexus1985 1,720
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 2 hr RJS 8,133
Ask Amy 8-30-15 2 hr RACE 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages