Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403412 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034954 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
"I will repeal Obamacare and replace it with Homercare, and I can guarantee there will be death panels." - Homer - 2016 Republican Nominee for President
We already have Obamacare so your pledge is redundant.
TSM

United States

#1034955 Dec 4, 2013
Are Liberals/Democrats this Stupid… Emanuel Cleaver (D., Mo.) said on MSNBC on Tuesday “I’ve got a one-year-old granddaughter, and on Thanksgiving Day she had a number of little glitches, but we’re not ready to throw her away because of a glitch” comparing your Granddaughter to a Computer System…Sick!!
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034956 Dec 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, like what? You seem to be coming undone.
Oathkeepers is a white supremacist organization that incites armed insurrection against the government.
lily loves the race card
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1034957 Dec 4, 2013
Why your tax returns aren't safe with the IRS

Serious security weaknesses in the Internal Revenue Service's data system have left millions of taxpayers' sensitive financial information vulnerable to hackers.

The agency claims it has fixed the problem, but its auditors beg to differ.

A new report released by the Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) found that although the IRS claimed it had implemented 19 fixes to secure the system recommended by the auditor in previous years, at least eight (or 42 percent) of them "had not been fully implemented," and should not have been checked off as completed.

The auditors said the IRS never tracked its progress on the repairs, and in many cases, it closed cases without submitting documentation to prove the fix was complete. The auditors blamed it on "weakened management controls."

The report also found that the agency didn't properly scan servers—which contain taxpayer information—for "major vulnerabilities," or properly lock user accounts, and it did not update software on databases.

"When the right degree of security diligence is not applied to systems, disgruntled insiders or malicious outsiders can exploit security weaknesses and may gain unauthorized access," Treasury Inspector General J. Russell George said.

George suggested that the IRS should strengthen its management controls, as well as provide additional training to employees involving uploading data to implement fixes.

The IRS responded to the auditor, saying it has already issued a new manual to staff to help improve monitoring practices.

The auditor's warning comes 4 ½ months after the IRS inadvertently posted thousands of Social Security numbers on a government website. Additionally, a security breach in November 2012 revealed that 74.7 GB of data was stolen from South Carolina's Dept. of Revenue, exposing Social Security numbers of 3.8 million taxpayers along with credit card numbers and bank account data.

The sense of urgency shared by the auditors and taxpayers alike, however, is apparently not shared by managers at the IRS.

This is just the latest in a spate of IRS audits that reveal a major lack of oversight at the agency, raising serious concerns about whether it's positioned to take on new and crucial responsibilities under the Affordable Care Act, which will require the IRS to store even more sensitive healthcare information from taxpayers.

Under the new law, the IRS will enforce 45 new tax-related provisions, including imposing new taxes on medical devices and Medicare, overseeing new itemized deductions for medical expenses, and imposing penalties on uninsured Americans who fail to purchase coverage on the new exchanges.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/101226377

ObammyCare

Obama lied and healthcare died.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034958 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
"I will repeal Obamacare and replace it with Homercare, and I can guarantee there will be death panels." - Homer - 2016 Republican Nominee for President
LOL! Carol joined the Oathkeepers; wonder if she's taking their survivor training course!
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1034959 Dec 4, 2013
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
This thing is real!
OBAMACARE!
IT'S EVERYWHERE.
A couple getting med ins for 2!
real insurance!
$102 per month!
FOR 2 PEOPLE!
healthcare.gov
add dental!
$35 a month!
Republicans are all liars!
This ACA is going to updraft the economy.
Millions getting covered: pumping billions into the economy!
Dr. visit and lab tests? new money!
dental cleaning? new money!
2013: zero spent by millions.
2014: billions spent by millions!
It's real......cover 2 people for $102 a month.
BLUE CROSS CO PAY CARDS:$5 co pay Dr. visits.
Obama is a genius!
It's working now: log in and get covered.
(((( Get insurance, hospital bills are outrageous. all ages get covered! Financial planners tell everyone: get a plan today! Your dumb if you don't.)))))
Republicans? All going to hell. LOL!
And then the dork woke up and realized he couldn't get a doctor's appointment without waiting 11 months because no doctors within 25 miles would take his Medicaid.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1034960 Dec 4, 2013
flack wrote:
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- The growing gap between rich and poor, and its effect on Americans' ability to achieve their goals, will be President Barack Obama's focus Wednesday as more attention falls on the plight of low-wage workers, according to White House officials.
In an address sponsored by the Center for American Progress, a left-leaning think tank, Obama will again return his focus to the persistent issue of his presidency: an economy that's still struggling to recover from the downturn of 2008.
In his speech, the President will argue that income disparity threatens the wellbeing of middle class Americans as well as the larger chance for upward mobility, and he'll make another pitch for raising the minimum wage.
"President Obama will discuss the twin challenges of growing income inequality and shrinking economic mobility and how they pose a fundamental threat to the American Dream," a White House official said late Tuesday in describing the speech, adding the remarks would serve as an economic blueprint for the president's final three years in office.
Democrats on Capitol Hill have pushed an increase in the federal minimum wage, which currently stands at $7.25 an hour. A proposal would boost it to about $10, and the White House has said Obama supports such a measure.
On Wednesday, Obama will also make a general push to simplify the tax code, provide more work training in high schools, and make it easier for Americans to save for retirement.
The speech comes as public approval of Obama sinks to new lows. The botched rollout of HealthCare.gov , coupled with stories of people losing their health plans, has contributed to the drop, but more Americans also say they disapprove of the President's handling of the economy, five years after the downturn.
A CNN/ORC Poll taken in November showed 59% of respondents said things were going badly in the country today. Thirty-nine percent -- a plurality -- said economic conditions are getting worse.
While Wall Street indexes and corporate earnings have reached new highs, the situation for low and middle class Americans has largely remained dire, including a jobless rate that remains high and scores of people who have given up looking for work.
The problem of income disparity, and the fight for a higher minimum wage, have gained renewed attention in the past weeks -- low wage fast food workers have staged one-day strikes across the country demanding higher paychecks, and protesters stood outside Wal-Marts and other box stores on Black Friday demanding employees be paid better.
Obama's remarks Wednesday will take place at a theater and arts facility in Washington's Southeast quadrant, an area of the capital where incomes remain low and 45% of the population lives below the poverty line.
A very desperate attempt by Obama to win back some ratings. Seems that some 30 million people have recently have changed their opinion of Obama and come to the conclusion that he is incompetent and dishonest.

Obama says "Toto, I've a feeling we're not in Chicago anymore."

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034961 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I answered this 2 days ago, he didn't lie.
There was no spontaneous demonstration due to one of a thousand anti-muslim videos on the internet that didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack in Benghazi.

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034962 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just by that post and that bizarre connection, you have no room to tell anyone else they're "coming undone".
Did you listen to the oath those men in the military and law enforcement took?
No, you didn't. So best not to say anything in that case.
They are the Oathkeepers; a militia group inciting armed insurrection against the government. Go ahead and join them and take their survivor course!!!

You're getting wackier by the minute.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1034963 Dec 4, 2013
Progressives think of everything...

Bigfoot ordinance...

http://www.skamaniacounty.org/ordinance/Bigfo...
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1034964 Dec 4, 2013
Obamacare exchanges are a disaster waiting to happen, as explained in a USA Today column by the Chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

Every day, personal information is the subject of hundreds of thousands of hacking attempts from all over the world.

…On October 1, a major component of Obamacare made you even more vulnerable to devastating attacks on your personal information and the administration is doing too little about it.

The Federal Data Services Hub (Hub), a component of the health insurance exchanges created by Obamacare, connects seven different government agencies and establish new access points to the sensitive personal information of the American public:
Social Security numbers,
employment information,
birth dates,
health records
and tax returns
are among the personal data that will be transmitted to this hub, consolidating an unprecedented amount of information.

EVERY shred of data one would need to steal your identity or access your confidential credit information would be available at the fingertips of a skilled hacker, producing a staggering security threat.

…These potential vulnerabilities are a dream of faceless international hackers and hostile foreign intelligence services.

ObammyCare, the gift that keeps on giving.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034965 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
Here's an idea for one of your commercials:

Confused about ObamaKare?
Here's how it will work:

Insurance company: "I wrote n number of policies with X dollars worth of subsidies for reimbursement, which you said I don't have to send to you any accounting for the subsidies."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Ok. Here's a check for X dollars, which we may or may not audit in the future."

(in the future)

Insurance company: "I want to use some of the rationed health care assets to save someone's life."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Who is that person?"
Insurance company: "John Doe."
(ObamaKare "the Secretary" unconstitutionally and illegally acquires John Doe's personal information,just like Obama's government is doing right now as we speak.)
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Follow the instructions of the Death Panel."
Insurance company: "John Doe needs a routine procedure to live. John Doe paid his insurance and this procedure is covered. John Doe needs a ration of health care approtioned."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "We reviewed your account and we determined we overpaid you when you claimed X dollars subsidy reimbursement. Send the money to us immediately."

Now, who doesn't understand ObamaKare?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034966 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol gone soft?, quoting R M.
Karl Roves seems to have woken up.
Carol seems a RINO now, she always made a bit more sense than the trolls
.... funny Wax is on Canadian health care
Waxy loves ruskie healthcare!
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1034967 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
A shorter list would be:

What has Obama ever told the truth about?

Other than his promise to transform America, I can't think of one thing.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#1034968 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey buddy, good to see you too. Sure you can borrow it if you plan on planting it in front of that 83' Firebird you've had up on blocks in front of your house for the last 10 years.
You can see me???

It's a deal. I'll put some lights on the firebird too.

Sorry i haven't been around for several months...been trying to enroll in obamacare you know....should be finished any week now.

So far, I have qualified for death panel insurance, so I have that going for me.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1034970 Dec 4, 2013
Great moments in Progressive Gubbymint history...

"About a quarter of Cranston’s 2,600 stop signs were put up illegally, city officials said, and no one is sure who put them up or how to rectify the problem"

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/11/30/us/30stop.h...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034971 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not like they weren't ever there, you moron.
You don't mind being called a moron in this particular instance, do you?
Because the Democrats believed they were there - the UN believed they were there - and intelligence believed they were there.
Saddam had plenty of time to get rid of them. Now Syria has them...or did...supposedly.
lol! Oh, so at any given time, say, over the last 50 years?

My error. I assumed bushie boy made his play based on what was in the aumf.

I guess you've 'expanded' its meaning!

I love this comedy channel!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034972 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Are you still wearing your mask son?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034973 Dec 4, 2013
Obama boo'ed at basketball game...

http://www.bing.com/videos/search... 'ed+at+basketball+game&FOR M=VIRE3#view=detail&mid=99 A391763B9AA220ECF799A391763B9A A220ECF7

Even Bush wasn't boo'ed in his first year of his second term.

Seems to be a pattern with this president - in 2009 as well.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034974 Dec 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They are the Oathkeepers; a militia group inciting armed insurrection against the government. Go ahead and join them and take their survivor course!!!
You're getting wackier by the minute.
It seems the Obama administration is planning an armed insurection against the constitutional republic.
Or, perhaps you can explain why Obama needs more tanks than Patton had under his command and more machine guns than the Marines had on Iwo Jima and enough ammunition for both sides to fight World War I for twenty years just to "police" the American population.

So, why is Obama preparing for a large scale war with the American people? Could it be because the Democrats intend to take over the country and eliminate the constitutional republic? Could it be the Democrats are planning an armed insurection directed from the White House?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min Dr Guru 219,349
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 min John Schanahan 103,118
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min SweLL GirL 9,204
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 25 min TRD 70,827
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 52 min Mysterious Lou 81
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr Red_Forman 6,553
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,850

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages