Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1642259 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1035112 Dec 4, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressives and Cultivating the activist in all of us...
"The most startling finding of Harvard University's Institute of Politics: A majority of Americans under age 25--the youngest millennials--would favor throwing Obama out of office."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/mille...
This is the age group that the Magic Negro uses the least KY Jelly on.

When it hurts, they rebel.
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1035113 Dec 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Now she's probably buying an AK47 and taking shooting lessons.
Oathkeepers? Bwaaaahhhaaaaa.
lily loves shooting...especially shots...especially vodka shots...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1035114 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't know. Tell us about the "hidden cost".
If you need a reference, here is a reputable record of actual spending by the government:
http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_s...
There are no "hidden cost" here. It's the actual total money the government spent.
So, tell us about that supposed "hidden cost" lie.
How the US public was defrauded by the hidden cost of the Iraq war

George Bush sold the war as quick and cheap; it was long and costly. Even now, the US is paying billions to private contractors

The most striking fact about the cost of the war in Iraq has been the extent to which it has been kept "off the books" of the government's ledgers and hidden from the American people. This was done by design. A fundamental assumption of the Bush administration's approach to the war was that it was only politically sustainable if it was portrayed as near-costless to the American public and to key constituencies in Washington. The dirty little secret of the Iraq war – one that both Bush and the war hawks in the Democratic party knew, but would never admit – was that the American people would only support a war to get rid of Saddam Hussein if they could be assured that they would pay almost nothing for it.

The most obvious way in which the true cost of this war was kept hidden was with the use of supplemental appropriations to fund the occupation. By one estimate, 70% of the costs of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan between 2003 and 2008 were funded with supplemental or emergency appropriations approved outside the Pentagon's annual budget. These appropriations allowed the Bush administration to shield the Pentagon's budget from the cuts otherwise needed to finance the war, to keep the Pentagon's pet programs intact and to escape the scrutiny that Congress gives to its normal annual regular appropriations.

With the Iraq war treated as an "off the books" expense, the Pentagon was allowed to keep spending on high-end military equipment and cutting-edge technology. In fiscal terms, it was as if the messy wars in Afghanistan and Iraq were never happening.

More fundamentally, the Bush administration masked the cost of the war with deficit spending to ensure that the American people would not face up to its costs while President Bush was in office. Despite their recent discovery of outrage over the national debt, the Republicans followed the advice of Vice-President Dick Cheney that "deficits don't matter" and spent freely on domestic programs throughout the Bush years. The Bush administration encouraged the American people to keep spending and "enjoy life", while the government paid for the occupation of Iraq on a credit card they hoped never to have to repay.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013...
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1035115 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Yes! And Bush let them all leave the country the day after! What a guy. He probably provided the plane too.
Obama provides nothing, which is why the USA is being destroyed, one failing plan at a time.
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1035116 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
They were saluting him; because, well you know he's white and stuff.
The Oathkeepers are a white supremacist patriot organization that does not recognize that President Obama is the President.
I hope Batty Lou joins them and gets arrested.
lily really loves the race card

Lapeer, MI

#1035117 Dec 4, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Those crazy youngsters and recall Pres Obama...
"The recall-Obama figure was even higher among the youngest millennials, ages 18 to 24, at 52 percent."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/politics/mille...
There is so much to be garnered from this data, so much to be read into and from...

If the Magic Negro is perceived by young people to be f*cking the "Rich" then he's doing a good job.

When the same group finds out that he's actually f*cking *THEM* then they quickly decide that he needs to be booted from office.

In any case, educating the public in what reality really is becomes crucial when dealing with azzholes like the Magic Negro.

Don't let the Liar-In-Chief get away with his lying. Call him on it.
Of course, popular media should be called on it, too, for lying about the Liar.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1035118 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Last month she bought a motorcycle helmet__I wonder if she bought some of those nasty little stickers to put on it.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1035119 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>For dairy farmers, subsidies are not only financial benefits__subsidies are the life blood. Same can be said for certain other farmers/ranchers who's products cost more to produce/transport than the retail sales price.
You don't know the half of it.

Lapeer, MI

#1035120 Dec 4, 2013
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
LMAO!! Another chimpy, leftist phag bites the dust.......:-)
Martin Bashir Resigns From MSNBC
by Tommy Christopher |
2:35 pm, December 4th, 2013
Just over two weeks ago, MSNBC host Martin Bashir delivered a harsh piece of commentary that culminated in the suggestion that someone should “s-h-i-t” in former Alaska Governor Sarah Palin‘s (R-AK) mouth. Bashir offered an abject apology on his next broadcast, but a chorus of critics continued to demand action against the host. After a reported “vacation” for the host earlier this week, Bashir announced, in a statement to Mediaite Wednesday afternoon, that MSNBC and Martin Bashir are parting ways.
Here’s the statement to Mediaite, from Martin Bashir, via email:
After making an on-air apology, I asked for permission to take some additional time out around the Thanksgiving holiday.
Upon further reflection, and after meeting with the President of MSNBC, I have tendered my resignation. It is my sincere hope that all of my colleagues, at this special network, will be allowed to focus on the issues that matter without the distraction of myself or my ill-judged comments.
I deeply regret what was said, will endeavor to work hard at making constructive contributions in the future and will always have a deep appreciation for our viewers – who are the smartest, most compassionate and discerning of all television audiences. I would also wish to express deepest gratitude to my immediate colleagues, and our contributors, all of whom have given so much of themselves to our broadcast.’
MSNBC will be issuing a statement shortly.
Update: MSNBC released Bashir’s statement, plus the following statement from MSNBC President Phil Griffin:
“Martin Bashir resigned today, effective immediately. I understand his decision and I thank him for three great years with msnbc. Martin is a good man and respected colleague – we wish him only the best.”
Oprah stuck her fat foot in her mouth, too. Madcow is rumbling about the Magic Negro - her former Savior.

Now let's wait for Piers Morgan to step off the cliff, too.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1035121 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Fighting for legislation is not campaigning.
Leadership involves working to make sure your bills are understood insteasd of being distorted by the right whiner liars.
Like he made sure that Obamacare was understood?

Lapeer, MI

#1035122 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
The Cackling Hen Sisters make their entrance onto Topix again.....

Don't you two Turkey Baster Buddies have a Mazola Coffee Clutch to attend this evening?
LCNLin

United States

#1035123 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Last month she bought a motorcycle helmet__I wonder if she bought some of those nasty little stickers to put on it.
Bug stains on her teeth indicate she is happy.

Lapeer, MI

#1035124 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
They were saluting him; because, well you know he's white and stuff.
The Oathkeepers are a white supremacist patriot organization that does not recognize that President Obama is the President.
I hope Batty Lou joins them and gets arrested.
Aren't you Crisco Girls late already?

Hurry before the vibrator batteries all run down!
LCNLin

United States

#1035125 Dec 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
This extends far beyond Victoria's Secret. All forms of media today portray men as being somewhat less than cognizant. It's part of Progressive culture. It's culture war.
in your case has been
identified as the UPS man ?
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1035126 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Last month she bought a motorcycle helmet__I wonder if she bought some of those nasty little stickers to put on it.
Obama*Biden?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1035127 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fck the oathkeeper nutjobs, most of their oath flies in the face of the oath to the Constitution -
"solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic [emphasis added]
Homer sticking with the Oath to the Constitution
Sure, you don't have a clue do you? I hear your friend at MSNBC is out of a job--maybe he can help you with that mouth diarrhea.

Bashir meet Homer.
LCNLin

United States

#1035128 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, it was there before taxes. It is not extra, dumbass. I realize you will never understand IT IS YOUR MONEY.
Republicans hide money in Cayman Islands
...you didn't get the word?
The tea party may think you are a RINO?

Lapeer, MI

#1035129 Dec 4, 2013
Realtime wrote:
And you have to vacuum out your Orthopedic Helmet daily.

All of that accumulated pubic hair inside irritates like hell.
LCNLin

United States

#1035130 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're stupid enough to cite the source of your assertion? [email protected]
she thought your meant
"Goat Keepers?"

Very rural there?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1035131 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The POTUS is the Commander In Chief; insurrection without written approval from the other two branches of government is treason, terrorism, punishable by death. Ask Tim McVeigh when you get there. You've never been a teacher, just an obnoxious liar of a treasonous ignoramus. I would take an oath to defend my country from the likes of you. GFY...some more...
Please don't tell me that's what you teach to kids.
There is no such thing as written approval from the other two branches of government, you fucking moron.
"Commander in Chief" is a military rank. It does not apply outside the Armed Forces. In fact, it does not apply within the civillian workforce in the Department of Defense. Within the Armed Forces, the only orders anyone is obligated to obey is "lawful orders". It is unlawful for anyone to give any order to any member of the Armed Forces that violates the Constitution.
Why?
Because the only oath anyone in the Armed Forces takes is to the Constitution.
NOBODY ever took an oath to the President, you fucking moron.

Please get an education if you're going to pretend to be a teacher. You are a great example of why our education system is the collosal failure it is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 17 min EatASausageDunsky 64,124
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 4 hr Amazing Skulduggery 4
Cat's out of the bag. 4 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
What if Ken Starr was RIGHT? 4 hr HMmmmmmmmm 2
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 4 hr Posters Screwed 5
J. Biden, Franken & Weinstein from the same mold. 4 hr Believable and True 3
Trump WILL NEVER RELEASE TAX RETURNS 4 hr ITs not Required 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages