Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395067 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Dano

United States

#1034615 Dec 4, 2013
by Tony Lee 3 Dec 2013 50

Judy Smith, the legendary Washington, D.C. crisis communications expert and inspiration for the hit show Scandal, said she has not seen a disaster like Obamacare in quite some time and that President Barack Obama has lost the trust of the American people with the law's botched rollout.

Appearing on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, Smith said, "I think it is very problematic really because this was [President Barack Obama's] signature piece of legislation. And I think everybody agrees that [Obamacare] has been an absolute mess."

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034617 Dec 4, 2013
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
I am middle class and I had to pay $12,000 on city taxes, yes city!!! And $36,000 in federal!!!
I am not rich but the Democrats keep stealing money from me to pay their vacations!
That is why I need to join the Tea Party, to stop the abuse.
About blacks being desperate, we Republicans NEED more guns and bigger calibers!
Democrats will spend a hundred million dollars on a vacation to Africa, but say they don't have any money to keep the comissaries on military bases open so the dependents of our Armed Forces can eat.
Democrats will give a billion dollars to a company that was fired by the Canadian government for incompetence and cost overruns to steal software we're paying them to write for the ObamaKare website that is a disaster, but say they don't have any money to keep the comissaries on military bases open so the dependents of our Armed Forces can eat.
... and on, and on, and on....

More blatant evidence Democrats hate our military and our veterans.
Democrats hate anyone who loves this country and protects the constitutional republic.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1034618 Dec 4, 2013
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Racist with weapons in Philadelphia blocking the polls in 2008 and intimidating voters by stating that only voters who want to vote for Obama are allowed to vote. Philadelphia was not an isolated incident. This type of stuff has been an every day occurrence since the November 2008 election and even before. Have you watched the Democrat National Convention in the past ten years? Racist are on MSNBC every day and even on CNN, posing as news media.
Trying to resurrect the old Black Panther story Frank? The fact is that they didn't block the polling place or prevent anyone from voting you goddamned liar. The Bush DOJ dropped criminal charges against them because there was no evidence of voter intimidation.
You're an idiot Frank!

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1034619 Dec 4, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Did DumbfckDave really claim that the "ACA prohibits the board from rationing healthcare?"
Really?
LMAO!
OK, we all believe that one. Yeah, that's the ticket!
Ray, Dickhead, yes the ACA explicitly bans the board from rationing healthcare.

SEc3403

ii) The proposal shall not include any rec-
ommendation to ration health care, raise revenues or
Medicare beneficiary premiums under section 1818,
1818A, or 1839, increase Medicare beneficiary cost-
sharing (including deductibles, coinsurance, and copay-
ments), or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligi-
bility criteria.

Now Dumbass Ray, don't you feel like such an ignorant ass?
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1034620 Dec 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
how much time do you have? spare a couple of hours? and let me see if i can get Topix to lift the word limit.
I have all day.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1034621 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
There's an undertone of utterances by some legal scholars and politicians about the "people rising up" being said out loud.
This president is basically overriding the law with his own will and is threatening our system of government.
Perhaps it's just a matter of how much longer it will be tolerated. Not sure.
Carol, DO IT!

I am sick & tired of you right whiners threatening armed insurrection. You f*cking idiots have been blabbing it for 5years.

Either do it or STFU about it.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034622 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, buddy, I have news. We will quit reminding you lying azzwipes about Bush ben you quit blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
I have further news, I call people racist when they use racial slurs. Evidently, you like the use of racal slurs because here you are defending their use.
The idea you call the ACA a scam ids proof of how uninformed you are about the ACA.
The Republicans have agreed with the ACA except the Republicans say "F*ck those who can't afford insurance" just like they say "F*ck poor & the working poor" every day.
You are no doubt referring to the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the crash.

Call it by the name Obama sanctioned: ObamaKare.

ObamaKare.

ObamaKare. There is nothing affordable about it. It's a scam.

ObamaKare. There is not one word in the ObamaKare law that pertains to health care. It's all about the government taking control of health insurance, thus taking control of health care for everyone, thus putting themselves in the position to threaten anyone with death if they object to anything the government does. It's a scam.

ObamaKare institutes government subjective rationing of health care with Obama's Death Panels.

ObamaKare.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1034623 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Obama stays in Washington they whine
President Obama takes a trip to make a few political points, they whine.
Actually I can't remember any president being on TV and on the road every single day like this clown.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1034624 Dec 4, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Nanny Pelozi was caught running naked with nose-snow from some Washington Cocaine Party but I can't recall which Party that was.
A witness at the party told investigators that when someone asked Nanny if that white powder was Cocaine, she replied "We'll just have to try it first to see what's in it!" and giggled.
Of course you have some kind of reliable source or evidence to back this up don't you? No, you just pulled that right out of your ass you goddamned liar.
angel

Boise, ID

#1034625 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats will spend a hundred million dollars on a vacation to Africa, but say they don't have any money to keep the comissaries on military bases open so the dependents of our Armed Forces can eat.
Democrats will give a billion dollars to a company that was fired by the Canadian government for incompetence and cost overruns to steal software we're paying them to write for the ObamaKare website that is a disaster, but say they don't have any money to keep the comissaries on military bases open so the dependents of our Armed Forces can eat.
... and on, and on, and on....
More blatant evidence Democrats hate our military and our veterans.
Democrats hate anyone who loves this country and protects the constitutional republic.
Another devotee of FOX's toxic bathwater.
Do you use funnel?
All those sterotypes and caricatures youve been spoon fed sure are a great short-cut too thinking arent they?
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1034626 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama said Tuesday the troubled Affordable Care Act website is now "working well for the vast majority of users" and vowed to fight continued Republican efforts to strip away the law's protections.
"Now, we may never satisfy the law's opponents, I think that's fair to say," Obama said in White House remarks intended to move news coverage away from problems with the website to the 2010 health law's promises of affordable health coverage for millions of Americans.
"Some of them are rooting for this law to fail -- that's not my opinion, by the way, they say it pretty explicitly," the president said. "Some have already convinced themselves that the law has failed, regardless of the evidence."
Do you ever consider the source?

http://news.msn.com/us/detroit-bankruptcy-dec...

A few quotations from:

We'll be thrown out of our homes and starving if they seriously slash our pensions. Then they'll tell us to go to the soup lines," said David Sole, 65, who retired from the public works department in January after 22 years and whose wife also is a city retiree.

City truck mechanic Mark Clark, 53, said he may look for another job after absorbing pay cuts and higher health care costs. Now a smaller pension looms.

"Most of us didn't have too much faith in the court.... The working class is becoming the have-nots," Clark said outside the courthouse.
"I'm broke up and beat up. I'm going to pray a whole lot."Marcia Ingram, a retired clerical worker, said she may need to find work but added: "How many folks are going to hire a 60-year-old woman?"

Explicitly speaking LC, what is logical, or even rational, about NON working class people (ie: able slackerTic ozombiebots) "thinking" they have ANY sort of "entitlement" to live the same as those who have BUSTED butt all their lives? Because they absolutely DON'T!!
Just the same as working class folks should realize that same well-they're WORKING class-NOT Rockefellers, JP Morgans or Vanderbelts.
But the long time WORKING class, sure does NOT deserve the piles of communist manure, that opotus is trying to FORCE feed OUR working class AMERICA, just for the REAL "sake" of implementing some damn ungodly, cumbersome anvil onto the backs of the same American economy, jutt because he sayz so!
It's BULLCHIT.
CAP, CURB,(get a damn) B-U-D-G-E-T, balance it and stay within the MEANS of it!
Why can't they even do THAT over the past five years??????????
Working class folks do NOT need higher h/c costs, higher premiums and general higher cost of living because of the LACK of bucks due to UNrealisTic expectations of fweeriders, and the already over bloated system and the many buses of, being thrown onto their backs.
SHAME on this TAX and FINE pack of grubbermint robbinghoodieTic communists!
REDO the american communist act! Cap h/c costs, NOT increase them. Then Implement it into grubbermint social service offices where it BELONGS, for secure and verifiable Identification and Verification purposes, for AFFORDABLE (not mo' fwee entitlementalcase groups of givverment dependent dysfunctional dolts) h/c options for the UNinsured Working class masses, with out decimating the whole economy!
Buncha wanna-be marxist, third world commietic manifesto, law book-licking, partisan megalomaniacs that can't even present a sustainable B-U-D-G-E-T!
CHRISTIE/RYAN/Paul ...Uncle Joe et al 2016!
Counting down the days for some-
REAL Leadership FOR the American WORKING CLASS again-NOT just Divide and DRAIN against it!
T.E.A.!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1034627 Dec 4, 2013

A few quotations from:

We'll be thrown out of our homes and starving if they seriously slash our pensions. Then they'll tell us to go to the soup lines," said David Sole, 65, who retired from the public works department in January after 22 years and whose wife also is a city retiree.

City truck mechanic Mark Clark, 53, said he may look for another job after absorbing pay cuts and higher health care costs. Now a smaller pension looms.

"Most of us didn't have too much faith in the court.... The working class is becoming the have-nots," Clark said outside the courthouse.
"I'm broke up and beat up. I'm going to pray a whole lot."Marcia Ingram, a retired clerical worker, said she may need to find work but added: "How many folks are going to hire a 60-year-old woman?"

Explicitly speaking LC, what is logical, or even rational, about NON working class people (ie: able slackerTic ozombiebots) "thinking" they have ANY sort of "entitlement" to live the same as those who have BUSTED butt all their lives? Because they absolutely DON'T!!
Just the same as working class folks should realize that same well-they're WORKING class-NOT Rockefellers, JP Morgans or Vanderbelts.
But the long time WORKING class, sure does NOT deserve the piles of communist manure, that opotus is trying to FORCE feed OUR working class AMERICA, just for the REAL "sake" of implementing some damn ungodly, cumbersome anvil onto the backs of the same American economy, jutt because he sayz so!
It's BULLCHIT.
Working class folks do NOT need higher h/c costs, higher premiums and general higher cost of living because of the LACK of bucks due to UNrealisTic expectations of fweeriders, and the already over bloated system and the many buses of, being thrown onto their backs.
REDO the american communist act! Cap h/c costs, NOT increase them. Then Implement it into grubbermint social service offices where it BELONGS, for secure and verifiable Identification and Verification purposes, for AFFORDABLE (not mo' fwee entitlementalcase groups of givverment dependent dysfunctional dolts) h/c options for the UNinsured Working class masses, with out decimating the whole economy!
Buncha wanna-be marxist, third world commietic manifesto, law book-licking, partisan megalomaniacs that can't even present a sustainable B-U-D-G-E-T!
REAL Leadership FOR the American WORKING CLASS again-NOT just Divide and DRAIN against it!
T.E.A.!
angel

Boise, ID

#1034628 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, DO IT!
I am sick & tired of you right whiners threatening armed insurrection. You f*cking idiots have been blabbing it for 5years.
Either do it or STFU about it.
Yeah that worked out SO well for their treasonous idealogical forefathers.
Perhaps they need their asses handed to them AGAIN.
At least then perhaps this Nation could proceed into the 21st century without the millstone of their selfish,evil racisim paranoia and ignorance impeding us at every step.
Frankly I dont know how much more this Nation can afford to be handicapped by them and still compete internationally.
" Hello Tea Baggers. 1912 called and would like all of its idiot bigots back."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034629 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, Dickhead, yes the ACA explicitly bans the board from rationing healthcare.
SEc3403
ii) The proposal shall not include any rec-
ommendation to ration health care, raise revenues or
Medicare beneficiary premiums under section 1818,
1818A, or 1839, increase Medicare beneficiary cost-
sharing (including deductibles, coinsurance, and copay-
ments), or otherwise restrict benefits or modify eligi-
bility criteria.
Now Dumbass Ray, don't you feel like such an ignorant ass?
"The proposal shall not include any recommendation...."

Please tell us how that sentence forbids rationing. It merely forbids a recommendation in some "proposal" from some element you forgot to mention.
If you read the ObamaKare law, you will read "The Secretary will determine..." everything.
As the ObamaKare law is written, "The Secretary" will determine who gets health care, and who does not.
Any idiot can tell you that there is not an infinite source for health care. As the demand for health care increases, and the supply of health care does not match increased demand, then the statement of the law "The Secretary will determine" is the controlling statement. "The Secretary" will ration health care, you fucking moron.

Now, if you want to be taken seriously here, find the part of the ObamaKare law that defines the specifications "The Secretary" must satisfy to ration health care.
You can't. It doesn't exist. The rationing of health care is solely the subjective discretion of "The Secretary".
angel

Boise, ID

#1034630 Dec 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
A few quotations from:
It's BULLCHIT.
T.E.A.!
Boy judging from Topix Kentucky really seems to have it fair share of Neo Fascist hysterics.
You couldnt be more clueless about real leadership if you tried Kentucky Klown-Kar.Lmao!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1034631 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You are no doubt referring to the recession caused by the Democrats' Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years of oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the crash.
Call it by the name Obama sanctioned: ObamaKare.
ObamaKare.
ObamaKare. There is nothing affordable about it. It's a scam.
ObamaKare. There is not one word in the ObamaKare law that pertains to health care. It's all about the government taking control of health insurance, thus taking control of health care for everyone, thus putting themselves in the position to threaten anyone with death if they object to anything the government does. It's a scam.
ObamaKare institutes government subjective rationing of health care with Obama's Death Panels.
ObamaKare.
and if they think they're pile of communist manure scam isn't starting a ripple effect, INCREASING costs of EVERYTHING in this economy-they better wake the hell up out of their stupors of megalomanical swags, pull their heads out of their can't even present a sustainable B-U-D-G-E-T azzez-and GET A DAMN CLUE.

Commietic circus pack of nothing but partisan clown, law-book licking idiots.
Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1034632 Dec 4, 2013
I thank God everyday that I am not a lying socialist minority chunk of fecal matter!
angel

Boise, ID

#1034633 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, buddy, I have news. We will quit reminding you lying azzwipes about Bush ben you quit blaming Obama for the effects of the Bush recession.
I have further news, I call people racist when they use racial slurs. Evidently, you like the use of racal slurs because here you are defending their use.
The idea you call the ACA a scam ids proof of how uninformed you are about the ACA.
The Republicans have agreed with the ACA except the Republicans say "F*ck those who can't afford insurance" just like they say "F*ck poor & the working poor" every day.
Yeah these 'patriots' in the Repub party on Capital Hill are already girding their loins to prevent an extension of unemployment benefits.
Once again they face embarrasment and defeat because Obama wasnt impeached three days after computer glitches screwed up the Healthcare roll out so now these Cowards will show their tea bagging constitutents what posturing TIGERS they are by going after the Poor and Unemployed again.
These people are dispicable scum.
Even for politicians.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#1034634 Dec 4, 2013
angel wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that worked out SO well for their treasonous idealogical forefathers.
Perhaps they need their asses handed to them AGAIN.
At least then perhaps this Nation could proceed into the 21st century without the millstone of their selfish,evil racisim paranoia and ignorance impeding us at every step.
Frankly I dont know how much more this Nation can afford to be handicapped by them and still compete internationally.
" Hello Tea Baggers. 1912 called and would like all of its idiot bigots back."
Right-the Independent Voters have gotten BEYOND the point of tolerance for this occupy duh PEOPLES white house, FIFTY years BACKWARDS, grubberment pack of robbinghoodieTic s tea-bagging, sag-swagging, megalomanical, self centered, power tripping, partisan racist race baiters and their LACK of ANY common sense or decency FOR the American WORKING class people, just dividing and DRAINING against them!!

CHRISTIE/RYAN/PAUL..Uncle Joe et al 2016!!

Some actual LEADERSHIP FOR working class America again-NOT divide and DRAIN against it!!
angel

Boise, ID

#1034635 Dec 4, 2013
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
and if they think they're pile of communist manure scam isn't starting a ripple effect, INCREASING costs of EVERYTHING in this economy-they better wake the hell up out of their stupors of megalomanical swags, pull their heads out of their can't even present a sustainable B-U-D-G-E-T azzez-and GET A DAMN CLUE.
Commietic circus pack of nothing but partisan clown, law-book licking idiots.
Yeah gee except Healthcare costs are rising at their slowest rate in 50 years as we speak.
Chicken Little moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Sublime1 102,466
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Jacques Orleans 216,693
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 38 min Into The Night 60,077
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,672
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,693
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,722
Louis trashes the broad. 3 hr bozo and bubba 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages