Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1034578 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
California Republicans Defend Fake Obamacare Site
“It’s outrageous that our elected officials in California are using taxpayer dollars to intentionally mislead their constituents and divert them from CoveredCA.com ,” said Dr. Paul Song, executive chairman of the progressive California-based group Courage Campaign, in a released statement.“Republicans in Sacramento have wasted taxpayer dollars building a fake website in an attempt to sow confusion and fear, in a futile attempt to discredit the law.”
Following backlash the site was updated this week, the L.A Times reported, to include a direct link to the official Covered California website, as well as to the site’s “Learn More” and “I don’t have insurance” tab, a revision Lockhart told ABC News was made on feedback from site visitors.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/12/...
...given that ObamaKKKare websites are just political propaganda, it's only fair to offer counter-propaganda...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1034579 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
is Mitt in the WH?
when will you folks stop making fools of yourselves by trying to predict what will happen? you'd think after 5 years of watching right wing pundits never getting it right you might have at least a small clue.
Obama is a lame duck, barely able to quack...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1034581 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
is Mitt in the WH?
when will you folks stop making fools of yourselves by trying to predict what will happen? you'd think after 5 years of watching right wing pundits never getting it right you might have at least a small clue.
Let me quote one of your scumbag heroes to throw it back into your sorry, lying face: "For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."
---- Ted Chappaquiddick Kennedy

And here is a better version spoken by the antithesis of Progressive Waste, Sir Winston Churchill: "Never give in, never give in, never; never; never; never - in nothing, great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense", who also has some specific advice to you, sonic, the lesser:

"Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen."

Find some courage, Doodette.

Lapeer, MI

#1034582 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
ok smart guy, tell us what it takes to override a veto. a right wing fantasy?
Courage.

But I'm appealing to a weakling. Forget it. Throw in the towel, Dood.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1034583 Dec 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
...given that ObamaKKKare websites are just political propaganda, it's only fair to offer counter-propaganda...
1 million people hit the site on Monday. far more than those who visited a fake site in CA.

so it seems the fake site is a counter-fail.

Lapeer, MI

#1034584 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
repeal is never going to happen.
seems clear enough to me.
"Prohibition will never be repealed. Won't happen"

---- Joe Kennedy, professional crook, rum-runner and political purchaser.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1034585 Dec 3, 2013
lol! Ah! So much crying about the ACA from the reich wingers.

Must be doing better than they hoped!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1034586 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
“It’s outrageous that our elected officials in California are using taxpayer dollars to intentionally mislead their constituents and divert them from CoveredCA.com ,” said Dr. Paul Song, executive chairman of the progressive California-based group Courage Campaign, in a released statement.“Republicans in Sacramento have wasted taxpayer dollars building a fake website in an attempt to sow confusion and fear, in a futile attempt to discredit the law.”
Following backlash the site was updated this week, the L.A Times reported, to include a direct link to the official Covered California website, as well as to the site’s “Learn More” and “I don’t have insurance” tab, a revision Lockhart told ABC News was made on feedback from site visitors.
...the so-called "fake site" provides objective, factual information in a concise manner, without the sales pitch...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1034587 Dec 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Countdown to meltdown. Has anyone been refused Social Security?
No. So stfu
yes that was the reason behind the 1960 SCOTUS case of Flemming vs Nestor, and it was Nestor that was denied.

Location hidden

#1034588 Dec 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Countdown to meltdown. Has anyone been refused Social Security?
No. So stfu
oh yeah STFU because you don't know the first thing you are talking about which welfare rats don't.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1034589 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
1 million people hit the site on Monday. far more than those who visited a fake site in CA.
so it seems the fake site is a counter-fail.
...and you believe whatever the party tells you...

paid sales count, not "hits"...

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1034590 Dec 3, 2013
angel wrote:
....and Kanye West and Kim Kardashian....what can you say?
your heroes for sure. You're already a bimbo.

Location hidden

#1034591 Dec 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
sonicfilter prefers to be one of the many Useful Idiots.

Lapeer, MI

#1034592 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Bush is responsible for this. He's sitting in the dark back in Texas working night-n-day to mess up the Magic Negro's website.

Yep. Republican criminals never die. They just keep messing with America's Progressive hero. Oh, the shame of it all!

They should make a movie.

...and they will. Count on it. Tom Hanks!!!?? Oprah??!!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1034594 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
According to new data released Tuesday, in Illinois alone, 114,749 seniors and people with disabilities saved $91,914,648, or an average of $801 per beneficiary, during the first 10 months of 2013. Overall, seniors in Illinois have saved $332,985,871 since passage of the Affordable Care Act. At the same time, these seniors will be free to use more of their Social Security benefit cost of living adjustment on what they choose because the Medicare Part B premium will not increase in 2014, thanks to the health care law’s successful efforts to keep cost growth low.
http://www.examiner.com/article/obamacare-sav...
idiotic baboon, answer the question or stfu hypcrite.

Lapeer, MI

#1034595 Dec 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many Russian Mafia types have been hitting the sites trying to pry loose financial info? Vlad is laughing as he strokes himself!

This is making the hit numbers skyrocket while the Magic Negro is elated about it!

Too f*ckin funny!

“no one told me”

Denver

#1034596 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
As more Americans obtain health insurance the tea people may move to despair ?
The people stuck with the crappy coverage and the increased premiums will despair, but not medicaid mooches like you.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1034597 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
is Mitt in the WH?
Is W in the White House?

When will you folks stop making fools of yourselves by blaming Bush for everything? When will you stop calling anyone who dares criticize Obama a racist?

Like it or not, "right wing pundits" have been right about Obama and his scam health insurance fiasco from the get go. Your problem is obvious - you give it away every time you cite Daily Kos or Media Matters.

Oh, and a heck of a lot of people who were scared to speak out against Obama aren't any longer. His repeated lies have ended that advantage.

“no one told me”

Denver

#1034598 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
more lies.
Hoodieman was a racist, violent criminal who got what he deserved, too bad.
LCNLin

United States

#1034602 Dec 3, 2013
President Obama on Tuesday embarked on the difficult task of persuading Americans to reconsider his landmark health-care law after its botched launch, imploring people to sign up as part of a major push to publicize the benefits of the Affordable Care Act.

President Obama and his Democratic allies expressed confidence that they were finally turning the corner after severe technical issues hobbled HealthCare.gov , the government Web site where Americans can enroll in health insurance.

Republicans responded with youronyourownsucker.gop

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 28 min Leeward Outlier 222,757
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 31 min CrunchyBacon 103,463
Jesus Christ is alive 51 min grounded in reali... 2
last post wins! (Dec '10) 53 min honeymylove 2,429
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,974
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 61,076
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 4 hr Say NO 2 Idiots 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages