Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1759507 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1035057 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
Hey everybody, busy day today. Hope everyone is doing well.
Love,
Homer - 2016 Republican Nominee for President
Well, yeah, homer, but the must be some credit (in his warped little mind) for changing his stupid name (forgetting the location)at least of third of those 48x365x5...
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1035058 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The President of the United States ordered the Armed Forces of the United States to remove Saddam Hussien from power in Iraq.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.
cost?

you know, the hidden cost Obama exposed that finally got added to the deficit. how many dead soldiers? how many dead civilians? and what did we actually do for Iraq? nothing. it's worse than it was before Saddam was in power.

so you can see why we won't be starting a war with Iran.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1035059 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Done. Example: ACA, passed by Congress, executed by the President albeit with opposition from the Republicans.
Now think about this since Republicans in Congress are trying to stop ACA what does that make them? Don't they have a duty to uphold the law? Aren't they in fact caretakers of our laws? Do they get to pick and choose which laws?
Please respond with serious answers only.
Republican members of Congress make up part of the Legislative Branch of our government. This is the branch that makes and amends and deals with all things legislative.

You should be embarrassed that someone has to explain this to you, boy. Of course, you're not because you are stuck in Progressive.

And then we have the Magic Negro who is part of the Executive Branch who legislates and fails to uphold laws and the Constitution but Progressives are dead quite about this.

Go back to school. Go back to square one. Get born again.

Something went horribly wrong the first time around.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1035060 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't own a wallet. Its my money until the government takes it. So if they take less, I'm keeping more of my money, not "extra" or "handing" me money. You are a government sheep, I am not.
So your answer is yes? That the tax break left you with more money than you would have had without it.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1035061 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Done. Example: ACA, passed by Congress, executed by the President albeit with opposition from the Republicans.
Now think about this since Republicans in Congress are trying to stop ACA what does that make them? Don't they have a duty to uphold the law? Aren't they in fact caretakers of our laws? Do they get to pick and choose which laws?
wow. i'm just glad i'm on your side.

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1035062 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
The Oathkeepers would have hated Lincoln.
Wonder where they were when the Connecticut Cowboy was killing 100,000 in a trumped-up war? Why didn't they storm the WH for getting 3000 Americans killed by ignoring Intelligence?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1035063 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The POTUS is the Commander In Chief; insurrection without written approval from the other two branches of government is treason, terrorism, punishable by death. Ask Tim McVeigh when you get there. You've never been a teacher, just an obnoxious liar of a treasonous ignoramus. I would take an oath to defend my country from the likes of you. GFY...some more...
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.— That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed,— That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security."

You are a sheep in your political awareness beside being a sheep in the bar bathroom.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1035064 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>She's too old for that plus unlike her fellow male rightwingers she is not as fixated on the male genitalia.
And couldn't go without saying something stupid for the length of time that fluffing requires.

What__six seconds?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1035065 Dec 4, 2013
adios, Martin Bashir....

Newville, PA

#1035066 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
A subsidy is a financial benefit
winning the lotto is a financial benefit
therefore winning the lotto is a subsidy.
having a job is a financial benefit
therefore having a job is a subsidy
Try to keep up.

A subsidy is a financial benefit given usually by the government to help an entity or group. Government subsidies is what was being discussed. If you would have kept up, you would have known this.

If you are going to hop in the middle of a conversation, either learn what is being discussed or STFU.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1035067 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fck the oathkeeper nutjobs, most of their oath flies in the face of the oath to the Constitution -
"solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic [emphasis added]
Homer sticking with the Oath to the Constitution
1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people.
"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized."
3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.
"The privilege of the writ of habeas corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in cases of rebellion or invasion the public safety may require it."
4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.
"The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence." (This means in any case of domestic violence, the President has no authority if the state's legislature can convene.)
5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.
"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people." (For the federal government to have validity as the representative government of the United States, the 10th Amendment must be honored. Otherwise, there is no union to be held to.)
6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.
SELF EXPLANATORY.
7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.
see 3.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1035068 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Fck the oathkeeper nutjobs, most of their oath flies in the face of the oath to the Constitution -
"solemnly swear, that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic [emphasis added]
Homer sticking with the Oath to the Constitution
8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."
In fact, they will be foreign invaders and we will kill them if they threaten American citizens.
9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.
10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
"No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation."
10. We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.
"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."
So, what goddam constitution are you sticking with?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1035069 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So your answer is yes? That the tax break left you with more money than you would have had without it.
b-o-r-i-n-g
dumbdem

Satellite Beach, FL

#1035070 Dec 4, 2013
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>The POTUS is the Commander In Chief; insurrection without written approval from the other two branches of government is treason, terrorism, punishable by death. Ask Tim McVeigh when you get there. You've never been a teacher, just an obnoxious liar of a treasonous ignoramus. I would take an oath to defend my country from the likes of you. GFY...some more...
dirtmouthfaketeacherillegitima tebabymamafckfaceforsure say what? LOL

Newville, PA

#1035071 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
so...you still don't know he would have read it, dumbass.
No one know because the SC picked your buddy Bush. We all know he didn't give a crap about that report else he would have met with the committee chairs when they brought it to the White House.

And, according to you, the subject of what Gore might have done cannot be discussed ever because, hey, no one knows for sure what he would have done.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1035072 Dec 4, 2013
Homer wrote:
Cornhusker Kickback. Louisiana Purchase.
ObamaKare isn't being executed by the President. Obama is rewriting it as it suits political convenience. By the way, the Constitution doesn't give the President the authority to rewrite any law.
Does Obama have a duty to uphold the law? Instead of upholding the law, he acts like he's some kind of dictator and rewrites it.

Now, here's your serious response. This is exactly how ObamaKare works:

Confused about ObamaKare?
Here's how it will work:

Insurance company: "I wrote n number of policies with X dollars worth of subsidies for reimbursement, which you said I don't have to send to you any accounting for the subsidies."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Ok. Here's a check for X dollars, which we may or may not audit in the future."

(in the future)

Insurance company: "I want to use some of the rationed health care assets to save someone's life."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Who is that person?"
Insurance company: "John Doe."
(ObamaKare "the Secretary" unconstitutionally and illegally acquires John Doe's personal information,just like Obama's government is doing right now as we speak.)
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "Follow the instructions of the Death Panel."
Insurance company: "John Doe needs a routine procedure to live. John Doe paid his insurance and this procedure is covered. John Doe needs a ration of health care approtioned."
ObamaKare "the Secretary": "We reviewed your account and we determined we overpaid you when you claimed X dollars subsidy reimbursement. Send the money to us immediately."

So, what's not to like about ObamaKare?

Newville, PA

#1035073 Dec 4, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
you're the one who has posted many times that tax breaks is the government handing people money. You own that stupidity.
Congress passed a law that stated all people with geothermal HVAV get a 5% deduction of their income taxes.

I have a geothermal HVAC.

My tax bill would have been $15,000.00.

Now my tax bill is $14.250.00

I now have $750.00 more that I would have without the tax reduction.

How did I get that $750.00?

The Tax reduction.

i.e. the tax reduction gave me $750.00

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1035074 Dec 4, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
cost?
you know, the hidden cost Obama exposed that finally got added to the deficit. how many dead soldiers? how many dead civilians? and what did we actually do for Iraq? nothing. it's worse than it was before Saddam was in power.
so you can see why we won't be starting a war with Iran.
No, I don't know. Tell us about the "hidden cost".
If you need a reference, here is a reputable record of actual spending by the government:

http://www.usgovernmentspending.com/federal_s...

There are no "hidden cost" here. It's the actual total money the government spent.

So, tell us about that supposed "hidden cost" lie.
bot

United States

#1035075 Dec 4, 2013
WTG Washington State check out this website!!!

http://www.usamutt.com/blog/post.asp...

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1035076 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Try to keep up.
A subsidy is a financial benefit given usually by the government to help an entity or group. Government subsidies is what was being discussed. If you would have kept up, you would have known this.
If you are going to hop in the middle of a conversation, either learn what is being discussed or STFU.
You really need an education.
My paycheck is a financial benefit, you fucking moron. And, it is not a subsidy. It is money I earned.

The only oil company Obama is giving a subsidy to is Petrobras, the national oil company of Brasil. There is no such thing as a subsidy to any American oil company. Subsidies to American oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.

Or, you can show us proof of any subsidy paid to any American oil company.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Change one letter in the word (Apr '12) 8 hr The real Rudy 77
Trump is A (Oct '17) 8 hr CrunchyBacon 761
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 10 hr St63rd 25
Straight 4 bi 1st time 10 hr friend 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 12 hr FARTS DOG 64,672
where to score h in chicago (Jul '12) 12 hr Yoyo 10
Arne Duncan's Unconstitutional Plan 16 hr Dont Breath MY Air 1

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages