Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1681143 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034886 Dec 4, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumbass, I'll use your post to show you're an idiot. You stated the law forbids some "proposal" generated by some element you can't define and delivered to some other element you can't define from mentioning rationing.
I posted the actual language stating "The Secretary will determine..." everything. "Everything" includes rationing. There is no need for rationing to be mentioned in a proposal for rationing to be implemented because... you may need to write this down... "the Secretary will determine..." everything.
To refresh your memory, here's that post you can't answer again. Read the last paragraph over and over, if you need to. It says for you to post text from the ObamaKare law that defines the standards "the Secretary" must satisfy to implement the very obviously necessary rationing:
Please tell us how that sentence forbids rationing. It merely forbids a recommendation in some "proposal" from some element you forgot to mention.
If you read the ObamaKare law, you will read "The Secretary will determine..." everything.
As the ObamaKare law is written, "The Secretary" will determine who gets health care, and who does not.
Any idiot can tell you that there is not an infinite source for health care. As the demand for health care increases, and the supply of health care does not match increased demand, then the statement of the law "The Secretary will determine" is the controlling statement. "The Secretary" will ration health care, you fucking moron.
Now, if you want to be taken seriously here, find the part of the ObamaKare law that defines the specifications "The Secretary" must satisfy to ration health care.
You can't. It doesn't exist. The rationing of health care is solely the subjective discretion of "The Secretary".
Pay particular attention to the last paragraph. It requires you post the text of the ObamaKare law to argue against it.
Post the law, dumbass.
Here's that paragraph again:
Now, if you want to be taken seriously here, find the part of the ObamaKare law that defines the specifications "The Secretary" must satisfy to ration health care.
You can't. It doesn't exist. The rationing of health care is solely the subjective discretion of "The Secretary".
lol! Still wearing your mask I see son!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034887 Dec 4, 2013
RAPID CITY, SDSaying he had been very hard on himself recently over a series of small mistakes, local clinically insane man Isaac Whipple, 38, put things in perspective Monday morning by reminding himself that he is God.I have a tendency to beat myself up over the tiniest little things, so when Im feeling down like this it always helps to just sit down, take a deep breath, and remember that I am the Great God Almighty, Supreme Lord and Ruler of All Creation, and that nothing happens unless I will it, the mentally ill Whipple told reporters, emphasizing that reminding himself he is immortal and holds sway over the lives of all living creatures always calms [him] down a bit.Im my own biggest critic and I tend to make mountains out of molehills, so its good to keep in mind the fact that I am a flawless and infallible being who controls everything that is and will ever be. I see all. I know all. I judge all. I am God. At the end of the day, thats all that matters. When reached for further comment, Whipple attributed his recent bout of insecurity to the tremendous stress involved in ruling over the pits of Hell, as he is also Satan.

http://www.theonion.com/articles/insane-man-g...
LCNLin

United States

#1034888 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Videos don't lie.
You, however, would rather believe a lie by a proven liar.
Have you become, at long last, a RINO, slowly moving into the JEB Bush and and Gov. Christie camp?

Say it ain't so .....

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034889 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you becoming a RINO?
Going soft on President Obama?
Rachael Maddow is to the left of President Obama.
Exactly...

For someone like her to say Obama's "prolonged detention" proposal defies the Constitution in a way the American people have never heard before packs a pretty big wallop.

She may have been dissing him about detaining even potential threats such as gitmo prisoners but, again, Obama's enemies are both foreign and domestic - in other words, us.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034890 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
If anyone was ever worried about whose side the military and police would be on in the worst case scenario of Marshal Law, this should reassure you.
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Attention All Men of Honor...
...taking the oath.
Aunt BattyLou becomes an Oathkeeper!!!!
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034891 Dec 4, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly!!
Mixing too much vodka with politics results in an Obama Supported Disaster, and that certainly would be you.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1034892 Dec 4, 2013
WASHINGTON (CNN)-- The growing gap between rich and poor, and its effect on Americans' ability to achieve their goals, will be President Barack Obama's focus Wednesday as more attention falls on the plight of low-wage workers, according to White House officials.

In an address sponsored by the Center for American Progress, a left-leaning think tank, Obama will again return his focus to the persistent issue of his presidency: an economy that's still struggling to recover from the downturn of 2008.

In his speech, the President will argue that income disparity threatens the wellbeing of middle class Americans as well as the larger chance for upward mobility, and he'll make another pitch for raising the minimum wage.

"President Obama will discuss the twin challenges of growing income inequality and shrinking economic mobility and how they pose a fundamental threat to the American Dream," a White House official said late Tuesday in describing the speech, adding the remarks would serve as an economic blueprint for the president's final three years in office.

Democrats on Capitol Hill have pushed an increase in the federal minimum wage, which currently stands at $7.25 an hour. A proposal would boost it to about $10, and the White House has said Obama supports such a measure.

On Wednesday, Obama will also make a general push to simplify the tax code, provide more work training in high schools, and make it easier for Americans to save for retirement.

The speech comes as public approval of Obama sinks to new lows. The botched rollout of HealthCare.gov , coupled with stories of people losing their health plans, has contributed to the drop, but more Americans also say they disapprove of the President's handling of the economy, five years after the downturn.

A CNN/ORC Poll taken in November showed 59% of respondents said things were going badly in the country today. Thirty-nine percent -- a plurality -- said economic conditions are getting worse.

While Wall Street indexes and corporate earnings have reached new highs, the situation for low and middle class Americans has largely remained dire, including a jobless rate that remains high and scores of people who have given up looking for work.

The problem of income disparity, and the fight for a higher minimum wage, have gained renewed attention in the past weeks -- low wage fast food workers have staged one-day strikes across the country demanding higher paychecks, and protesters stood outside Wal-Marts and other box stores on Black Friday demanding employees be paid better.

Obama's remarks Wednesday will take place at a theater and arts facility in Washington's Southeast quadrant, an area of the capital where incomes remain low and 45% of the population lives below the poverty line.
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034893 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Are you saying that only rich republicans should get free healthcare?
It's your vodka.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1034894 Dec 4, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Neither does Obama.
www.nbcnews.com/video/nbcnews. com/53724377
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034895 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Right, he's probably typing with a pencil in his mouth because he's in a strait jacket.
Obama does his own typing now?
LCNLin

United States

#1034896 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly...

For someone like her to say Obama's "prolonged detention" proposal defies the Constitution in a way the American people have never heard before packs a pretty big wallop.
She may have been dissing him about detaining even potential threats such as gitmo prisoners but, again, Obama's enemies are both foreign and domestic - in other words, us.
You are now a RINO?

Took a long time to come about.

Ga^^ will be disappointed by he was pro choice anyhow.
LCNLin

United States

#1034897 Dec 4, 2013
<quoted text>
Aunt BattyLou becomes an Oathkeeper!!!!
Seems a RINO now but where will this lead....
no more looking for his real father?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1034898 Dec 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he's not going anywhere, even after his recent crack scandal. He said he hopes to run for prime minister of Canada one day. When asked what party he'd choose, he said,'Why choose one? I usually hit, like, five parties a night.'" -Jimmy Fallon

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1034899 Dec 4, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Gore was a smart man & knew more about the report & why it was written as he was VP when this committee got started.
Gore was so smart that he reported areas in Florida that he stated were cheating....he was ahead in those areas by a huge amount. That's how smart Gore was. Like every good liberal. He was cheating.
LCNLin

United States

#1034900 Dec 4, 2013
RAPID CITY, SDSaying he had been very hard on himself recently over a series of small mistakes, local clinically insane man Isaac Whipple, 38, put things in perspective Monday morning by reminding himself that he is God.I have a tendency to beat myself up over the tiniest little things, so when Im feeling down like this it always helps to just sit down, take a deep breath, and remember that I am the Great God Almighty, Supreme Lord and Ruler of All Creation, and that nothing happens unless I will it, the mentally ill Whipple told reporters, emphasizing that reminding himself he is immortal and holds sway over the lives of all living creatures always calms [him] down a bit.Im my own biggest critic and I tend to make mountains out of molehills, so its good to keep in mind the fact that I am a flawless and infallible being who controls everything that is and will ever be. I see all. I know all. I judge all. I am God. At the end of the day, thats all that matters. When reached for further comment, Whipple attributed his recent bout of insecurity to the tremendous stress involved in ruling over the pits of Hell, as he is also Satan.
http://www.theonion.com/articles/insane-man-g...
WAX is only posting with his puppets LOL
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034901 Dec 4, 2013
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford says he's not going anywhere, even after his recent crack scandal. He said he hopes to run for prime minister of Canada one day. When asked what party he'd choose, he said,'Why choose one? I usually hit, like, five parties a night.'" -Jimmy Fallon
You two have so much in common. I wonder if he's an Obama worshipper, too.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Hamden, CT

#1034902 Dec 4, 2013
The man is a shoe-in for Mayor of D.C. He and Marion Barry must be related.
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034903 Dec 4, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
WAX is only posting with his puppets LOL
like Patrick and Angela? LOL
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034904 Dec 4, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
An even more interesting video...
Rachael Maddow of all people...reporting Obama's speech on "prolonged detention"...
April 4, 2013
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
Attention All Men of Honor...
lol! After all, you'd never hear a reich winger denigrating their own!

Well, except for maybe Karl Rove!

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034906 Dec 4, 2013
Rachel Maddow compiled and dissected a recent speech by Obama in which he explains the future use of FEMA camps directly allowing indefinite pre-emptive detention for crimes that have not been committed yet. Maddow stated Obama's overreach is "far beyond anything Bush and Cheney ever attempted and completely outside even the constitution's Article 1, Section 9."

She compares Obama's evolving policy to that of the Tom Cruise science fiction movie: Minority Report, in which Cruise works as a cop in the department of pre-crime, arresting people for things they haven't done yet.

http://www.opednews.com/articles/Obama-explai...

The first step was to use the IRS to go after his political enemies. The FEMA camps are being held in reserve...just in case.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phantom of the Oprah. 1 hr WhatWouldJesusDo 12
Time to send in the Feds 1 hr Kaliphornia Night... 4
Why we DON't need Hate Crimes 1 hr Cal-slides into P... 6
UN Troops? 2 hr UN Troops R Here 6
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr loose cannon 243,213
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Alain Vain 11,727
White house press core 7 hr ACE MAN 1 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages