Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1459013 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1034290 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The Fake Obamacare Site That Is Trying To Trick Californians
http://thinkprogress.org/health/2013/12/03/30...
Republicans.
need i say more?
from your article (you should have learned by now to quit quoting think progress)

"The flyers, which are being sent out at taxpayer expense, are also directing residents to “CoveringHealthCareCA.com,” a domain that closely resembles the official marketplace website for Covered California ( CoveredCA.com )"

neither the website or domain are remotely similar.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1034291 Dec 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cato was founded by Charles Koch__Michael Tanner is a do boy for right wing causes__you're a fkn moron who spreads lies around the internet.
Moron Social Security was a Liberal Democrat Left Wing Idea based on a lie which they tell you on their Social Security Website besides that there is no Constitutional Rights to Social Security which your Liberals on the SCOTUS confirmed in 1960 in Flemming vs Nestor and what Cato is doing and what you have a problem with is getting the truth out about the fkn morons like you who want continue to spread lies around the internet while continuing to promote Liberalism.

Supreme Court Case: Flemming vs. Nestor

http://www.ssa.gov/history/nestor.html

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1034292 Dec 3, 2013
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Agree on the new blood, they post the same sh*t day in and day out, followed by attacks on women, attacks on all things intelligent, attacks on Homer...
cause your humor is anywhere near what it used to be. Homer is a has been.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1034293 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
aren't you a right wing nutjob?
point.
Why are you asking a stupid question again?

Never learn...

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#1034294 Dec 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
your logic is sound...however, the majority of people receive back less than they paid in when considering employee contributions, employer contributions, and compound interest over 40+ years...
Right, that is why Social Security has to continue to operate like a Ponzi Scheme paying out Welfare Benefits.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1034295 Dec 3, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe everyone should pay tax according to the established tax brackets on ALL sources of income without benefit of tax loopholes or reduced rates on certain sources of income. The top rate now is 39.6%. Romney paid 14%. I would say that is a fair assessment of the rich not paying their fair share.
what is the established tax bracket for capital gains? Stupid libturd. Obama didn't pay anywhere near his top rate.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034296 Dec 3, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
then quit pouring water on yourself.
lol! Then quit sitting on the fire son!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034297 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, our taxes revenues are the lowest in 50 years.
we need to fix that.
Or, we can cut government spending. Let's see. Take more money from the people, or spend less money.
How about we make that 47 percent paying nothing start paying their fair share, AND we cut government spending. A crackwhore gets 10 dollars, she coughs up a buck fifty or so to the federal government, and we cut all welfare. If we cut all welfare, that will have the double effect of solving the illegal alien problem.
Yup. Sounds like a good idea. We need to increase tax revenue, so we need to make that 47 percent not paying anything start paying their fair share.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1034298 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the only one dodging the issue. Still, to this day, you can't show any evidence any subsidy to any oil company exists.
Show us the subsidy.
The only thing you've ever posted was some politician saying the words "subsidy to oil companies". You have never found any proof these subsidies exist. If I asked you to find proof subsidies to farms exist, it would be very easy to find. For some reason, you have never benn able to find proof any subsidy to any oil company exists.
Or, show us that proof.
Show me the subsidy.
You posted quotes from politicians. How about you tell us what bill they were discussing. How about you tell us what law they wanted to change to end these mythical subsidies.
You can't. There is no such thing as subsidies to oil companies in the United States. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
Show us the subsidies.
I have news.I already posted these.

It is not my fault you chose to ignore that post & not is not my duty to repost it.

Oil Industry subsidies exist. Paul Ryan said so. Are you calling Paul Ryan a liar?

Your employer is likely subsidized so your salary is likely subsidized.

But hey, I feel sorry that you are so stupid & unable to grasp the concept that you can't make it on your own.

Here is a sample of one subsidy (out of 8):

"A significant tax break allows companies to accelerate the deductions of the costs of labor and various other inputs associated with drilling oil or gas wells. Now, there’s nothing wrong with deducting the cost of doing business from one’s tax bill. In other industries these expenses would be capitalized and deducted over time as income is earned. But in the oil and gas sector, the tax code allows oil and gas firms to deduct 70% of these expenses in the very first year of a well’s operation and the remainder over the next five years. These accelerated deductions are far more valuable to small producers than they are to large producers because the Alternative Minimum Tax for vertically integrated oil companies usually prevents “Big Oil” from using this tax break to its advantage. Still, it will likely cost the treasury $12.4 billion over the next 10 years."

Well, whiner boy, now what?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034299 Dec 3, 2013
By the way, are there any young and healthy liberals on here under the age of 30?

And, if so, have any of you signed up for the higher premiums and deductibles yet?

Because I'd like to thank you personally.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034300 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
How did President Bush miss this?
He didn't he was at 'battle stations' when 9/11 occurred...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034301 Dec 3, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
it's the patriotic duty of every loyal American to fight ObamaKKKare by any means necessary...
You really are off your rocker.

Up until now, I thought it was just an act...
Vodka

Satellite Beach, FL

#1034302 Dec 3, 2013
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Your misplaced anti Semitism aside; why can't the Republicans ever just win an election without stealing?
Are you prepared to disqualify all the dead democrats who continue to vote in demoghettos like Chicago? Or would you just prefer to keep drinking?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034303 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee, why the f*ck fon't you look it up? My guess you were too stupid to know it even existed.
You've never read the report, right?
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1034304 Dec 3, 2013
Anonymous of Indy wrote:
<quoted text>Moron Social Security was a Liberal Democrat Left Wing Idea based on a lie which they tell you on their Social Security Website besides that there is no Constitutional Rights to Social Security which your Liberals on the SCOTUS confirmed in 1960 in Flemming vs Nestor and what Cato is doing and what you have a problem with is getting the truth out about the fkn morons like you who want continue to spread lies around the internet while continuing to promote Liberalism.
Supreme Court Case: Flemming vs. Nestor
http://www.ssa.gov/history/nestor.html
1960??? Join the real world bozo__or go find a nice game thread to while away your time on.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1034305 Dec 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Cato was founded by Charles Koch__Michael Tanner is a do boy for right wing causes__you're a fkn moron who spreads lies around the internet.
predictable.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1034306 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news.I already posted these.
It is not my fault you chose to ignore that post & not is not my duty to repost it.
Oil Industry subsidies exist. Paul Ryan said so. Are you calling Paul Ryan a liar?
Your employer is likely subsidized so your salary is likely subsidized.
But hey, I feel sorry that you are so stupid & unable to grasp the concept that you can't make it on your own.
Here is a sample of one subsidy (out of 8):
"A significant tax break allows companies to accelerate the deductions of the costs of labor and various other inputs associated with drilling oil or gas wells. Now, there’s nothing wrong with deducting the cost of doing business from one’s tax bill. In other industries these expenses would be capitalized and deducted over time as income is earned. But in the oil and gas sector, the tax code allows oil and gas firms to deduct 70% of these expenses in the very first year of a well’s operation and the remainder over the next five years. These accelerated deductions are far more valuable to small producers than they are to large producers because the Alternative Minimum Tax for vertically integrated oil companies usually prevents “Big Oil” from using this tax break to its advantage. Still, it will likely cost the treasury $12.4 billion over the next 10 years."
Well, whiner boy, now what?
... idiots.

A subsidy is money given.
A "tax break" is money not taken. There's a difference.
So, still, to this day, you cannot find any evidence any subsidy to any oil company exists. All you have done is prove that you can't even define the word "subsidy".

Now, let's go over this again. There is no such thing as subsidies to oil companies. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist in the United States.

By the way, tell us what other industries get that same type of tax break.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034307 Dec 3, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Homer, those terrible Republicans are telling Californians other truths as reported by thinkprogress.org as a "fake ObamaCare website" which is a lie from the get go.
IRS WILL SINGLE OUT CONSERVATIVES.
(No surprise there...they've already done that.)
YOUNG PEOPLE ARE SCREWED.
(Yep...)
EMPLOYERS WILL STOP HIRING.
(And only hire part-time...)
SENIORS WILL EXPERIENCE RATIONING.
(Everyone will experience rationing but especially seniors because physicians won't take Medicare...)
Despite the GOP’s effort to dissuade Californians from purchasing coverage, however, nearly 80,000 people signed up for health insurance in the state’s new exchange as of late November, with approximately "2,7000" people enrolling daily.
(Only 80,000 people have signed up because of those dastardly Republicans!!!)
...And, yes, the article did print the number "2,7000" as was posted.
Actually, the IRS threatened actions under bushie boy son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034308 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the only one dodging the issue. Still, to this day, you can't show any evidence any subsidy to any oil company exists.
Show us the subsidy.
The only thing you've ever posted was some politician saying the words "subsidy to oil companies". You have never found any proof these subsidies exist. If I asked you to find proof subsidies to farms exist, it would be very easy to find. For some reason, you have never benn able to find proof any subsidy to any oil company exists.
Or, show us that proof.
Show me the subsidy.
You posted quotes from politicians. How about you tell us what bill they were discussing. How about you tell us what law they wanted to change to end these mythical subsidies.
You can't. There is no such thing as subsidies to oil companies in the United States. Subsidies to oil companies is an urban legend. They don't exist.
Show us the subsidies.
lol! Maybe you're wearing your mask to dodge the issues son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034309 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see that report.
lol! I'm waiting for you to prove Constitutional rights were violated like you claimed son!

After all, you're not a LIAR are you?!?!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 28 min Winnipeg Wacko 62,333
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 43 min CrunchyBacon 104,526
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 231,084
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 3,454
The Color of Crime in Chicago. 3 hr Color BLOOD RED 16
Make Room for Rosie. 4 hr The PILOT 1
Are democrats destroyed? 4 hr ThomasA 4

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages