Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419305 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034009 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans had two choices.
1) Helpin the effort for this country to recover knowing that the better the recovery, the worse their chances i 2012.
2) Fight every White House effort to help ths country recover figuring the slower & more difficut the recovery, the better their chances in 2012.
The Republican Party said " F*ck the United States of America" & went with option 2.
You are obviously referring to the recovery from the disaster the Democrats caused with their Marxist CRA program that collapsed our economy after two years oversight by Democrats Dodd and Frank, from whom we heard a constant stream of lies right up to the collapse.
Maybe you are just too ignorant to realize that Saul Alinsky's tactic of creating the problem to propose the solution was a well known strategy during the Cold War, well, until the Democrats dumbed down the population to the point of ignorance as evidenced today.
Maybe you are too ignorant to know that it was known Obama was a fraud then by many. Today, there isn't a single person in the country that doesn't know Obama is a fraud. There are only people who pretend to not know.
So, you are asking why there was opposition to an obvious Marxist communist fraud who was named president, right?
I'm wondering how long it will take you to come to the obvious answer to that question.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1034010 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans had two choices.
1) Helpin the effort for this country to recover knowing that the better the recovery, the worse their chances i 2012.
2) Fight every White House effort to help ths country recover figuring the slower & more difficut the recovery, the better their chances in 2012.
The Republican Party said " F*ck the United States of America" & went with option 2.
Sane people heard the Republican Party say "Stop politicians from continuing the US on the path to becoming like Greece."

Unfortunately, that path to fiscal ruin involves the growing number who vote for greater and unsustainable entitlements. And the Dems plan to grow that base even more with amnesty for millions of poor and unskilled illegals. None of them ever heard JFK's speech about "Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country."

If he said that today, he'd be more like a Tea Party member, than a naive lib.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1034011 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal Republicans seem off the thread leaving the tea people who defeated Romney
the norms and the baggers don't seem to like each other. something about different versions of reality i would imagine.

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1034012 Dec 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
If president nobama created all those jobs;
Why is the unemployment rate higher than when he was elected?
Why are fewer American's paying Federal Income tax?
Peace
KMA
Dumbf*ck Eed thinks Presidents take office the day after the election.

Dumbf*ck Eed was in his basement & broke the water line running into his house. He tried to fix it but soon he had a foot of water in his house. He called the plumber. The plumber came & there were now 2 feet of water in the house. By the time the plumber stopped the leak, there were 4 feet of water in his basement. The Plumber was working on pumping our the water & had the level down to a foot.

Eed comes downstairs & has a fit. Eed says " You f*cking loser plumber, It's been 5 hours since I called you, you did nothing, there is still a foot of water that was here when I called you."
LCNLin

United States

#1034013 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Look, dumbf*ck, I didn't say that some policies had limited networks. I said the ACA did not dictate these.
Maybe your daughter inherited your stupidity because she did not shop & buy a policy that included her doctor in their network.
Proplems with Obamacare are out for all to see.

That the republican want No insurance for the American People are out there for all to see
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1034014 Dec 3, 2013
Laney F wrote:
<quoted text>because he is an empty suit who had no experience and would not have been elected had he not been half black.
But the only demonstrated campaign to destroy a President was visible over and over by the liberal media against Bush.
so you're saying that the NYT didn't hype the Iraq war?

and maybe you folks should look at Texas after Bush left. it's much like his 8 years of screwing the whole country. but thanks to the Court deciding the first election, and vote fraud the second, we got the failed oil baron.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1034015 Dec 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Turns out that your hero would have been better off with a public defender and a quick plea to a lesser charge, he'd probably be out of the slammer already.
Instead he owes his pro bono attorney and legal staff nearly $2.5 million and the much touted defamation suit against NBC is going exactly nowhere.
And all those donations? Well, the slick attorney bought the building next to his office, turned it into ground central for the Zimmerman defense and used the donation money to pay rent to himself.
Hah__ROFLMAO
pro bo•no or pro-bo•no (&#716;pro&#650; &#712;bo&#650; no&#650;)
adj.
done or donated without charge; free: pro bono legal services.
[1720–30; < Latin: for (the) good, rightly, morally]
LCNLin

United States

#1034016 Dec 3, 2013
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Another racist pig
escapee loose from the farm.
Happy for your escape.

Have you bought anything
for the little shinningelectr0ns?

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1034017 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? On what planet? I recall, here on planet Earth, the prosecution calling multiple witnesses to testify, and the jury decided they were lying. I also recall the closing arguments of the prosecution where they described Zimmerman as something like a serial killer. I also recall the goddam judge violating the Constitution and unconstitutionally forcing Zimmerman to make statements. I also recall the judge just walking out of the courtroom when the defense was arguing against the judges unconstitutional actions.
I recall the judge attempting to orchestrate a conviction, and storming out of the courtroom like a spoiled child when it didn't happen.
Recall??? Were you talking to the ghost in the television then, Poltergeist? There are people in psychiatric facilities that "recall" being Christ or Napoleon--that might have something to do with why they are in institutions; you might want to check into it...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1034018 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
it does make me mad when he acts like Bush.
So how does Obama act like Bush?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034019 Dec 3, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey STUPID!
Your record on the honesty meter is about zero. Your side, including the top BOZO in the White House also said "You Can keep your existing insurance plan". Now you're denying there is a panel who will be rationing care?
You are a liar and an idiot!
lol! But he's American son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034020 Dec 3, 2013
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus as a liberal Carol. His whole message was that of social justice.
How can you call yourself a Christian when you shill for those that rape and pillage God's creation to pad their already bulging pockets with no concern for the damage they do to the air we breathe and the water we drink?
How can you call yourself a Christian when you support someone like Paul Ryan whose budget proposals would further enrich the already wealthy at the expense of the poor and middle class?
How can you call yourself a Christian when you supported someone like Mitt Romney who during his campaign brought sheer mendacity to an art form?
How can you call yourself a Christian when you constantly denigrate the poor, accusing them of sloth when the majority receiving government assistance work at low paying jobs?
Jesus didn't have much good to say about the rich Carol.
... Then Jesus said to his disciples, "It is almost impossible for a rich man to get into the Kingdom of Heaven. I say it again – it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the Kingdom of God! When the disciples heard this, they were greatly astounded and said, "Then who can be saved?" And Jesus replied, "For mortals it is impossible, but for God all things are possible."
{ Luke 16:13-15}
"One day Lazarus, a diseased beggar, was laid at the door of a rich man's house. As he lay there longing for scraps from the rich man's table, the dogs would come and lick his open sores. Finally the beggar died and was carried by the angels to be with Abraham in the place of the righteous dead.
The rich man also died and was buried, and his soul went into hell. There, in torment, he saw Lazarus in the far distance with Abraham.'Father Abraham,' he shouted,'have some pity! Send Lazarus over here if only to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, for I am in anguish in these flames.' But Abraham said to him,'Son, remember that during your life-time you had everything you wanted, and Lazarus had nothing. So now he is here being comforted and you are in anguish."
{ Luke 16 : 19-31}
Liberals like me don't bash all Christians Carol, we're proud to be followers of Jesus. We just bash the hypocritical faux Christians like you.
You have to understand. Religion is a political tool for these people.

They pray to the dollar first.

Newville, PA

#1034021 Dec 3, 2013
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"real dumb"
You are a typical liberal loon. You hate those are successful. Tell me what expense have you been hit with because some are successful? You should be in hog heaven, they pay Federal Income taxes so moochers like you can keep your hand out. Who adjusted the tax code so nearly 1/2 of American's who have a job do not pay Federal Income taxes?
Peace
KMA
Dumb ass Eed, Bush "adjusted" the number of people working & their wages when he fomented the recession.
TSM

United States

#1034022 Dec 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Turns out that your hero would have been better off with a public defender and a quick plea to a lesser charge, he'd probably be out of the slammer already.
Instead he owes his pro bono attorney and legal staff nearly $2.5 million and the much touted defamation suit against NBC is going exactly nowhere.
And all those donations? Well, the slick attorney bought the building next to his office, turned it into ground central for the Zimmerman defense and used the donation money to pay rent to himself.
Hah__ROFLMAO
What does this have to do with the Verdict….NOTHING!! Real you would agree OJ was Guilty…Right!!
LCNLin

United States

#1034023 Dec 3, 2013
flack wrote:
<quoted text>pro bo•no or pro-bo•no (&#716;pro&#650; &#712;bo&#650; no&#650;)
adj.
done or donated without charge; free: pro bono legal services.
[1720–30; < Latin: for (the) good, rightly, morally]
Don't mention pro bono to most republicans
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034024 Dec 3, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What a frikking hypocrite (like I just said you are)!!!!!!
You never back up squat!
Now the hypocrite that you are, asks other to!
Take a hike Moonbat!
Go flap your wings down to your liberal fake church.
lol! poor mr for-eign-er...

He's so upset at Americans!

Newville, PA

#1034026 Dec 3, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>And if memory serves it was Reagan who gave us the EITC, one of the most costly and abused programs in US history.
And he called it one of his proudest achievements.
Hah__now there was a great leader.
LMAO
The EITC was another Republican gift to corporate America as they passed the EITC to avoid raising the minimum wage.

Another example of Republicans handing money to corporations.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034027 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me explain the Constitution to you, since you, and Obama, don't have a clue what's in it.
The government (which includes the police) must have a reason to believe 1) a crime has been committed; and 2) you are associated with that crime to violate your right to privacy. Your right to privacy includes your right to wear a mask if you choose, dumbass.
So, what crime had been committed?
What was the connection between the person wearing the mask and the crime?
You have to answer these two questions to defend the actions of the police, idiot.
Any time you and Obama need a lesson on constitutional law, just ask.
lol! So.... you're claiming then when you enter an institution... say, a bank... and they have a sign that says you need to remove any hats, sunglasses and masks... you're claiming they're infringing on your Constitutional rights?

lol! Reich wingers......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034028 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
The jury heard both sides. The jury thinks you're an idiot.
Hoodieman is dead because he pursued a person, attacked them, and then tried to bash that person's brains out against a concrete sidewalk, moron.
He could have stopped before he tried to kill Zimmerman and lived.
You know Zimmerman doesn't have any weapons now, right son?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1034029 Dec 3, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
84 percent of what number, dumbass.
What government shutdown? I don't recall any government shutdown on this planet. I do recall 13 percent of government spending being affected. Which, coincidentally, is just about the amount government spending needs to be cut to avoid the certain collapse of our government.
If you're going to participate in the discussion, try to keep your posts pertaining to events on this planet.
lol! you don't recall because you're not that bright son!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 222,586
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr New Yorker 61,050
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr TRD 70,953
News Boy, 17, among 3 wounded in South Side shooting 3 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Go Blue Forever 103,458
Suboxone 7 hr Sick in Chicago 1
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 7 hr Blood on his hands 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages