Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394925 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033832 Dec 2, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Zimmerman was a nobody until you idiots made it about race. Hows the federal charges coming along?
Now if Zimmerman gets a warning for a traffic violation, the story leads every prime time, national news program.

Not surprising as the left's priorities are constantly in flux.

Since: Aug 13

Bozeman, MT

#1033833 Dec 2, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
if carol made that mistake you would call her a liar. You make it and it "doesn't matter". You're such a scumbag.
There's a name for dirt bag hypocrites like Realtime...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1033834 Dec 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Every person who talks and writes about politics gets stuff wrong. I’ve gotten my fair share wrong. But what I think I got most wrong in Campaign 2012 was the damage Mitt Romney’s “47%” remark would do to him.
It may seem obvious, but bear with me.
Mitt Romney was talking off the cuff to a supposedly off the record group of donors and muddled several data points together, ultimately telling the tale of the 47% who won’t vote for him for any reason. He was referencing the 47% who don’t pay taxes and interwove it with a 47% of locked in Obama support. The statement was a mess.
I didn’t think Mitt Romney would be as hurt by the statement as he was because I assumed Romney had misspoken in an off the cuff way. I assumed Romney would clarify that he knew many of those who have government assistance did not actually want the assistance, but needed it. I assumed he’d make the case that he’d help those people get off the government dole and back into work.
In other words, I assumed Romney believed what I believe — many of those people are good people who fell on hard times and are not of the same class of people who will vote for Barack Obama for free stuff. I was absolutely wrong. Romney not only believes completely what he said as he said it, he reinforced it with his post election analysis of his defeat blaming gifts to various classes of people. If that was true, as Newt Gingrich pointed out, Romney had plenty to gift to plenty strapped to the back of marching elephants.
Note to Mitt Romney: really, it’s you, not them. Seriously.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/20/ronald-rea...
seems you nutjobs have yet to figure out that part of that 47% votes Republican. or at least they did.
If the election could be done over again tomorrow, Romney would win.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033835 Dec 2, 2013
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
both children were raped considering the only adult in the room was aware and allowed it to happen.
good point...

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1033836 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There is nothing in the ACA that dictates whether you keep your doctor or not.
I have news, Ray. Insurance policies have had networks for years & years.
In the exchanges there are a multitude of options. Some lower priced policy have a narrow network, some are HMOs, Some are PPOs with both local & nationwide coverages.
I found lots of plans that included my doctors & my provider facilities.
"real dumb"
Why do you continue to lie? Is it second nature?
I have offered proof that some insurance policies in this area of Washington tell you if you are covered under their insurance. A number of health care plans do not cover doctors that are tied in with certain plans. Check out Providence in Spokane, WA. One of the Providence hospitals in the state with a network of over 500 doctors, can not provide service to a large number of those insured. I have a daughter who can not use her long time doctor, well she can use him if she elects to pay him out of pocket.
"real dumb" please quit lying.
Peace
KMA

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1033837 Dec 2, 2013
One day, Jimmy is walking home from school. When he gets home, he finds his grandpa sitting on the porch without any pants on!

So he goes up to his grandpa and says, "Grandpa, do you realize that you're not wearing any pants?" His grandpa replies, "Yes Jimmy, I do."

Jimmy then says, "Well, why are you outside without any pants on Grandpa?"

His grandpa looks at Jimmy and responds, "Well Jimmy, yesterday I sat outside without a shirt on too long and I got a stiff neck. This was your grandma's idea."
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033838 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah, blah, blah. Get over it.
The federal government has always ponied up public dollars, especially when matched by private-sector contributions. It's an extremely common form of federal funding.
"It took years of negotiations to persuade the Union Pacific Railroad to allow the construction of the Chisholm Trail Parkway toll road over the Davidson yard in west Fort Worth - and also to allow construction of a new Division Street rail bridge over Texas 360 in Arlington. Those projects also benefitted from tens of millions of federal dollars spent to improve rail infrastructure - and those agreements were inked when President George W. Bush was in office."
http://blogs.star-telegram.com/honkin_mad/201...
no time like the present to end the insanity....
LCNLin

United States

#1033839 Dec 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
If the election could be done over again tomorrow, Romney would win.
If the election could be done over John Adams would win in 1800

Orlando, FL

#1033840 Dec 2, 2013
So who in their right mind would give their name, address, phone number and social security number to a website where security issues are a huge concern?

Also, users are asked to check off a box that they agree to the terms regarding personal information submitted with an application. The policy states that all information will be kept strictly confidential and only be used to carry out the function of the marketplace.

However...with one little exception...

“We may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.”

It is not specified if “appropriate authorities” refers to state authorities or includes the federal government, and no details on what type of law enforcement and/or audit activities would justify the release of the personal information or who exactly is authorized to make such a determination.

Anyone who falls for this is crazy.

Obamacare does not provide health care.
Obamacare controls the people through health care.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1033841 Dec 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the concept of "living wage" is meaningless...highly dependent on the individual...
"John Galt"
In addition a "living wage" is also determined by where on resides. One living in a small rural town requires less than a person living in a large metropolitan area.
Peace
LCNLin

United States

#1033842 Dec 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
So who in their right mind would give their name, address, phone number and social security number to a website where security issues are a huge concern?
Also, users are asked to check off a box that they agree to the terms regarding personal information submitted with an application. The policy states that all information will be kept strictly confidential and only be used to carry out the function of the marketplace.
However...with one little exception...
“We may share information provided in your application with the appropriate authorities for law enforcement and audit activities.”
It is not specified if “appropriate authorities” refers to state authorities or includes the federal government, and no details on what type of law enforcement and/or audit activities would justify the release of the personal information or who exactly is authorized to make such a determination.
Anyone who falls for this is crazy.
Obamacare does not provide health care.
Obamacare controls the people through health care.
Social Security has done the same since 1935
and your internet provider has the same information?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033843 Dec 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA's more your crowd, pervert.
2009 deficit. 1.5 trillion
2013 projection. 600 billion
Wrong again, as usual.
Stick with critiquing Michelles wigs.
$1 trillion of the 2009 was pissed away by Obama on a worthless Porkulus program...Obama owns that deficit...

Orlando, FL

#1033844 Dec 2, 2013
Barbara Walters confronted Obama with the news that the majority of Americans do not think him trustworthy.

His reaction?

"Oh, Barbara, I don't think that's true. I got re-elected <gulp> in part <nervous pause> because people did think I was trustworthy and was working on their behalf."

Apparently not, Mr. President.

Like Barbara Walters hadn't seen the CNN/ORC poll taken a few weeks ago where 53% said Obama is not honest or trustworthy...marking the first time the CNN/ORC polling found a clear majority questioning the president’s integrity.
LCNLin

United States

#1033845 Dec 2, 2013
The Obama administration said Sunday that it achieved its goal of making HealthCare.gov work for the “vast majority” of users after the disastrous start of enrollment in the president’s signature health law.

The Obamacare website will be able to support more than 800,000 consumers per day, the administration said. And the site is now online more than 90 percent of the time, not including scheduled downtime for maintenance.
Continue Reading

These are huge improvements for a site that was up an average of 43 percent of the time in October, crashing frequently, spewing error messages, thwarting millions of people who tried to visit it.
LCNLin

United States

#1033846 Dec 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
Barbara Walters confronted Obama with the news that the majority of Americans do not think him trustworthy.
His reaction?
"Oh, Barbara, I don't think that's true. I got re-elected <gulp> in part <nervous pause> because people did think I was trustworthy and was working on their behalf."
Apparently not, Mr. President.
Like Barbara Walters hadn't seen the CNN/ORC poll taken a few weeks ago where 53% said Obama is not honest or trustworthy...marking the first time the CNN/ORC polling found a clear majority questioning the president’s integrity.
Barbara Walters would win the 2012 election?
What happened to the post that Elvis was his father or whoever you chose that one evening?
LCNLin

United States

#1033847 Dec 2, 2013
Miley Cyrus, Kim Kardashian and Kanye West, and the cast of Duck Dynasty are among Barbara Walters' picks for the 10 most fascinating people of 2013.

Walters' annual special will also feature Pope Francis, Jennifer Lawrence, Robin Roberts, Diana Nyad and NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden.

Photos: Surprising celebrity family ties

The youngest entrant on Walters' 2013 list is Prince William and Kate Middleton's son, Prince George.
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor live better in this country than the middle class in most of the work, so STFU moron.
You idiots have tried you misguided leech routine, but your leaders are greedy and you end up uckfeyed over there too. The end result is you f*ck up everything, idiot.
Now go slither back into you hole, you poor b*stard. You made your bed. Stop blaming others for your being a loser.
"I" this!
"I" that!
dirtbagger for sure...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033848 Dec 2, 2013
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the Obama"rich" are the top 2% and they pay far more than 36.73% of the total...
...the top 5%, above $155K, pay 58.66% of the total...or eleven times their share
those between 10%($112K) and 25%($66K) pay about 17%, slightly more than their share...
the bottom 75% pay almost nothing...
There you go again...posting without thinking.

According to the IRS: "The top 1 percent of tax returns, with AGI of at least $369,691 accounted for 18.9 percent of total AGI for
2010.(19.3 percent in 2012, their largest share in Internal Revenue Service figures going back a century.) These tax payers accounted for 37.4 percent of the total income tax reported in 2010. The top 5%(which includes the top 1%) of tax returns accounted for 33.8% of total AGI and 59.1 percent of total income tax for 2010." Even if we assume the AGI is representative of the actual income which should be taxed, they are hardly being taxed "eleven times their share".

FACT: "Since the recession officially ended in June 2009, the top 1 percent have enjoyed the benefits of rising corporate profits and stock prices: 95 percent of the income gains reported since 2009 have gone to the top 1 percent.

That compares with a 45 percent share for the top 1 percent in the economic expansion of the 1990s and a 65 percent share from the expansion that followed the 2001 recession.

The top 10 percent haven't done badly, either. Last year, they captured 48.2 percent of income, another record. Their biggest previous take was 46.3 percent in 1932."

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-soi/13inwinbulrate...

http://www.oregonlive.com/today/index.ssf/201...
Navy Corpseman

United States

#1033849 Dec 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
NAMBLA's more your crowd, pervert.
2009 deficit. 1.5 trillion
2013 projection. 600 billion
Wrong again, as usual.
Stick with critiquing Michelles wigs.
Nope,more like your O'Dummy crowd; Larry Sinclair,and Kevin Jennings of NAMBLA( An Obama appointee.(crack/sex)
http://www.helpfreetheearth.com/news821_Obama...

Your numbers are false!You throw numbers out there knowing the Liberal media and Black Obama homolover voters will back it and you won't be questioned.

Impeachment of Odummy by the Senate judiciary commitee should be swift and orderly!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1033850 Dec 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Rush Limbaugh and the long, sordid history of pitting whites against blacks in America
But before we get to that history, it's worth going over exactly what happened this week to our erstwhile defender of white people, Mr. Limbaugh. Here's the falsehood he peddled to his listeners on Tuesday:
There’s a professor…a liberal professor named Noel Ignatiev, and he is actually teaching—and I am not making this up—he is actually teaching and telling white male students to commit suicide to benefit society.
In mid-stream Limbaugh was informed by one of his staffers that the story of this lecture was actually a hoax. But, if the comment boards on the right-wing websites that also picked up the same tale are any indication, right-wingers had no problem believing it was true. And think about the absurd sense of victimhood a white person would have to feel to (a) believe this actually happened, and (b) be concerned that such a sentiment could have any effect on his or her actual life.
This stuff plays into exactly the kind of white identity politics right-wingers like Limbaugh feed into. The right-wing base's political strategy now consists in large part of stoking white fear that the all-powerful minorities (ha!) and their liberal, white, race-traitor allies are going to somehow oppress white people. The practitioners of white identity politics have become experts at playing the victim.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/12/01/1258...
You've been had again, sonic babee.

Ian Reifowitz, the screaming idiot who wrote this tripe is .... SURPRISE!..... a flaming Leftist Harvard propagandist in the same low class as Noel Ignatiev, the azzhole at the center of this little Leftist brouhaha.

Read some of Noel Ignatiev's wacky, perverse and bizarre racism here:

RACE TRAITOR - treason to whiteness is loyalty to humanity: http://racetraitor.org/

Harvard Magazine - Abolish the White Race: http://harvardmagazine.com/2002/09/abolish-th...

Harvard has long become a hellhole of perverse racism nurtured by the Left elitists. Remember now, this is the land of the Magic Negro, Affirmative Action Handout Professorships and His Highness Henry Louis Gate, Jr. III, Esq,. and friend of the 1st black President( gag, gag, gag)

The stuff that Idi Amin was made of now resides in Harvard and in the White House.

Now, with this background, and with Huffington Post's Progressive mandate to spread the manure as far and as deeply as possible, what you are describing - or attempting to describe - is laughable tripe.

You are attempting to make a faux pas out of Limbaugh's pointing to a Leftist Bozo and laughing.

Good Luck, Bozo III:>

“no one told me”

Since: Dec 07

Denver

#1033851 Dec 2, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...I know, it IS fun, isn't it.
The dope still swears Obama never lied - he "misspoke" or whatever it is the left calls lying these days.
Yes, but I "lied" about where idiot Pelosi made the stupidest remark ever uttered by an elected representative.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Into The Night 60,047
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Rogue Scholar 05 216,660
Insane Popes 34th Hoyne Park (Nov '12) 3 hr Haha 19
News Chicago Reacts to Orlando Shooting 3 hr WasteWater 39
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 70,719
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 8,865
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 5 hr A Noted Observer 51
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr CrunchyBacon 102,457
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages