Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 47,481)

Showing posts 949,601 - 949,620 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 08

Santa Barbara, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
The few good things in Obamacare - pre-existing conditions being one of them - could have been legislated separately without Obama and the IRS taking over our lives and telling us what insurance coverage we HAVE to buy whether we want it or need it or not.
And causing a major upheaval in everyone's lives when only 15% of Americans weren't happy before.
We needed changes - but not giving up our individual rights to make our own choices.
Do you not see what's wrong with that?
I don't disagree. I was not one of those who supported the ACA. I thought it was too all-encompassing but, once it became law, I got behind it to make sure that it succeeds in helping Americans that need medical help. That is what Americans do. We don't sit in a corner, whine, cry and stomp our feet when things don't go our way. We get up and do all we can to support our system of government and it's laws. Something you obviously haven't learned yet.

FACT: Every poor choice has an impact on our society. Some people need to be protected from themselves. Their "rights" shouldn't trump the "rights" of others.

IMO, insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to offer dysfunctional insurance products in the first place and they certainly did not have the right to yank coverage when someone actually got sick.

The ACA is the law of the land and people should be doing all they can to see that it is successful.
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
And.... the improvements are on the way!
A look at claimed improvement to health website
Email this Story
Dec 1, 12:43 PM (ET)
By The Associated Press
(AP) This photo of part of the HealthCare.gov website is photographed in Washington, on Nov. 29, 2013....
Full Image
Highlights of the Obama administration's update Sunday on the status of HealthCare.gov , the website that people in 36 states were supposed to use beginning on Oct. 1 to sign up for new health insurance coverage. After much work on the troubled site, the government claimed in a new report:
System: Site supports 50,000 concurrent users; users spend an average of 20 minutes to 30 minutes on the site; based on usage trends, the site will support more than 800,000 consumer visits per day.
Site capacity: "Stable at its intended level."
Performance: Activity levels show the site is "working for consumers."
Response time: Average system response time is lower than a second.
Error rate: Consistently below 1 percent, down from 6 percent earlier this fall.
System stability: Hardware upgrades and software fixes to keep the website up and running more than 90 percent of the time.
Rapid response team: 24/7 monitoring and operations center and team in place to watch system performance and to respond to glitches and unplanned downtimes.
Software fixes: More than 400 bug fixes and software improvements have been made.
Hardware upgrades: Improvements increased some capabilities fivefold.
Dong, you slanty-eyed chinaman tub of goo!! Were you able to successfully sign up for ochimpocare at your weight?? If you drop under 400 lbs, you might get a discount!!

Let's get cracking on some chicken w snow peas, stat!!.....:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have already discussed the 30 million uninsured. Don't you remember? The system was not designed to provide insurance fro everyone. It doesn't cover illegals or those who do not qualify for medicaid and can't afford coverage even with a subsidy. We knew that from the beginning.(Of course, we didn't know that so many Republican governors would refuse to expand Medicaid).
As far as people having "a much more difficult time getting prompt health care", that's conjecture...another conspiracy theory. Wait and see.
LMAO at your propoganda-spreading azz, aunt jemimah!! Who's "we"; do you have a negro-colored turd in your apron pocket? How's the minimum wage disinformation campaign coming along? Not getting any converts, huh?

Back behind the pancake griddle for you (hell, it beats pickin cotton)......:-)
Fenris the Big Bad Wolf

Marshall, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't disagree. I was not one of those who supported the ACA. I thought it was too all-encompassing but, once it became law, I got behind it to make sure that it succeeds in helping Americans that need medical help. That is what Americans do. We don't sit in a corner, whine, cry and stomp our feet when things don't go our way. We get up and do all we can to support our system of government and it's laws. Something you obviously haven't learned yet.
FACT: Every poor choice has an impact on our society. Some people need to be protected from themselves. Their "rights" shouldn't trump the "rights" of others.
IMO, insurance companies shouldn't be allowed to offer dysfunctional insurance products in the first place and they certainly did not have the right to yank coverage when someone actually got sick.
The ACA is the law of the land and people should be doing all they can to see that it is successful.
Hahahaha, wrong again chimpy!! We are going to repeal it completely by 2016 (and there's nothing you can do about it)...:-)
dumbdem

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Awwww... another believer in the CRA mess being a government conspiracy and not simply a capitalistic greed grab for money!
huladancingobamaworshippingfck faceforsure say what? LOL
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
In 2008, a total of 354 lawmakers had received money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac based on data released electronically from the FEC. Members of Congress had received a total of $4.8 million from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with Democrats collecting 57% of that.
Chris Dodd (D), Barack Obama (D), and John Kerry (D) were the top three campaign donor recipients.
Source please!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2008 when we were all researching Obama Care, you had diligently researched and found many problems within its draft stage(s). We all did, but you took a fined tooth comb and posted its many flaws and problems that would be created by and arise from this debacle. You were opposed to many of its policies; disagreed with many of its mandates.
You had a keen insight and took an analytical bi-partisan approach
which I respected.
Regardless of what The Supreme Court determined, it is only spin after all; it just depends on what side the top stops.
The ( Liberal ) Court manipulated The Clause to fit its agenda.
Many of The Insurance Market reforms The Republicans wanted to introduce into the Health Care legislation The Democrats ignored. So, WHAT " ...because insurance market reforms couldn't function effectively without it" is being refered to?
In short, Private Business >> The Insurance Markets could not function effectively without "it" << **Government Instrusion,Taxation & Massive Regulation**.
Because that is what you are agreeing with.
Though Government has done nothing about The Medicaid and Medicare fraud and corruption that continues to this day. Can't even oversee and manage those programs, let alone the whole Health Care Industry!
But in the words of Hilary Rodham Clinton:
"What difference does it make (now)"?
Don't think she's the best candidate to quote regarding:
"I think that you can disagree with people and debate over their positions with issues without engaging in the politics of personal destruction."
Though I agree with the concept ...
And:
It was Hilary Rodham Clinton who started that damn Birther Movement that just won't seem to go away.
All that said: Nice to debate with you as well.
"In 2008 when we were all researching ObamaCare."

Do you see anything wrong with that statement?
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just looking at Biden's and Obama's tax returns the first time around, the charity part seemed to be pretty skimpy.
The Pilgrims figured out communal living didn't work for the same reasons it doesn't work today.
People back then didn't mind watching other people work either as long as they got the same stuff. The Pilgrims ditched communal living rather quickly and were actually the first capitalists - dividing up the land and saying 'do it yourself or don't eat.'
Bush and Clinton went to Haiti to help there!
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
In 2008, a total of 354 lawmakers had received money from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac based on data released electronically from the FEC. Members of Congress had received a total of $4.8 million from Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac with Democrats collecting 57% of that.
Chris Dodd (D), Barack Obama (D), and John Kerry (D) were the top three campaign donor recipients.
Absolutely Correct!!
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Ah! You political stories!
I bet you sit around a fire at night telling them!
Political stories around the camp fire of how Hispanics Americans are becoming Republicans, with buyers remorse for not self deporting themselves.
dumbdem

Palm Coast, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Political stories around the camp fire of how Hispanics Americans are becoming Republicans, with buyers remorse for not self deporting themselves.
patrangelabamahystericalhispan icamericanfckfaceforsure say what? LOL
LCNLin

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Go back a little further...to Carter...then skip over to Clinton.
Who's buying a trailer home? And what's wrong with a trailer home anyway? Are you advertising your liberal elitism now? What if a trailer home is all someone can afford? You don't mind dishing out the free stuff but demean people who live in a trailer home?
Explain yourself, LCN. But first squeeze yourself out from between that rock and a hard place.
Yes see what you are getting at.....

Herbert Hoover, 1929 to 1933

The First Great
Republican Depression
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Fenris the Big Bad Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Dong, you slanty-eyed chinaman tub of goo!! Were you able to successfully sign up for ochimpocare at your weight?? If you drop under 400 lbs, you might get a discount!!
Let's get cracking on some chicken w snow peas, stat!!.....:-)
lol! yellow bellied wolfie liver son! I kept some for you!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

dumbdem wrote:
<quoted text> huladancingobamaworshippingfck faceforsure say what? LOL
lol! poor baby.

You get all worked up until you can't think at all!

Par for the course!
Mr Lib

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

When you think about it, it's pretty odd that the banks would give as much money as they did to Senators like Kerry, Dodd and Obama. Because they were not the majority party.

As to which of the two parties is more permissive of corporate scams, take a wild guess.

Defense rests.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! Con logic to illegals.... vote for me so I can deport you!
new yawk answering serv

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>"In 2008 when we were all researching ObamaCare."
beep...

Hello, this new yawk's answering service.

He is on extended coffee break until 2014.

beep...
Mr Lib

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes see what you are getting at.....
Herbert Hoover, 1929 to 1933
The First Great
Republican Depression
That's what they're great at.
Wolf Trap

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! yellow bellied wolfie liver son! I kept some for you!
He'll try some of that later.

Right now, he's too busy eating his gradmother's head.
new yawk

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2013

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>"In 2008 when we were all researching ObamaCare."
Well let's see ...

2008? What's a year, give or take?

Obama Care? Oh, I put a space between the Obama and the Care?

OH, YES! The Name!
It sure as shyzer can't be ObamaCare - It Isn't & He Doesn't .. Same with Affordable Care Act - It 'Aint' & He 'Don't'!

So, it must be the word research(ing) that's got you stymied.

Didn't do YOUR research, didja?

Well Reel On, Baby !... You long-lined-lemming-loon !... ;

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 949,601 - 949,620 of1,073,282
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

20 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,786
Woman shot dead on Chicago expressway 24 min Susan 3
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min Independent1 4,489
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 44 min KiMare 48,702
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 2 hr the plain truth 1,833
St. Vincent DePaul Store Thrift Store Moving to... 5 hr IsBerkotsCheaperthanJewel 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr No Warming 45,601
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••