Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1394603 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1033788 Dec 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand. But I doubt it worked.
i need no reply to obtain satisfaction.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033789 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the fact that you didn't address the issue of whether or not your husband is being compensated for his health insurance leaves me to believe he is.
From what I am hearing and reading, the exchanges ARE offering lower costs for many people. At this point, it is hard to tell whether premiums are higher or lower. Liberal leaning news sources print positive stories and conservative leaning news sources print negative stories.
The IRS IS NOT involved in healthcare. It is doing exactly what they have always done....handled tax credits and tax collection. Period. They are not involved in administering the new law. They will not be auditing individuals to certify that they have obtained health insurance. Those rumors are nothing more than another Republican conspiracy theory that can be traced right back to the Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee. It's nonsense.
"IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman testified before a hearing of the House Ways and Means Committee March 25 that the IRS won’t be auditing individuals to certify that they have obtained health insurance. He said insurance companies will issue forms certifying that individuals have coverage that meets the federal mandate, similar to a form that lenders use to verify the amount of interest someone has paid on their home mortgage. "We expect to get a simple form, that we won’t look behind, that says this person has acceptable health coverage," Shulman said. "So there’s not going to be any discussions about health coverage with an IRS employee."
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansio...
Oh, we see, know-it-all...

The IRS is "Not" involved in health care.

What is you next lie, mental case?

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1033790 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well the fact that you didn't address the issue of whether or not your husband is being compensated for his health insurance leaves me to believe he is.
From what I am hearing and reading, the exchanges ARE offering lower costs for many people. At this point, it is hard to tell whether premiums are higher or lower. Liberal leaning news sources print positive stories and conservative leaning news sources print negative stories.
The IRS IS NOT involved in healthcare. It is doing exactly what they have always done....handled tax credits and tax collection. Period. They are not involved in administering the new law. They will not be auditing individuals to certify that they have obtained health insurance. Those rumors are nothing more than another Republican conspiracy theory that can be traced right back to the Republicans on the House Ways and Means Committee. It's nonsense.
"IRS Commissioner Douglas Shulman testified before a hearing of the House Ways and Means Committee March 25 that the IRS won’t be auditing individuals to certify that they have obtained health insurance. He said insurance companies will issue forms certifying that individuals have coverage that meets the federal mandate, similar to a form that lenders use to verify the amount of interest someone has paid on their home mortgage. "We expect to get a simple form, that we won’t look behind, that says this person has acceptable health coverage," Shulman said. "So there’s not going to be any discussions about health coverage with an IRS employee."
http://www.factcheck.org/2010/03/irs-expansio...
Nothing was said about compensation. Just that all employees will lose their coverage in 2015.

All insurance companies are required under ObamaCare to report to the IRS the name, address, identification number and type of policy purchased by every customer along with a determination whether the insurance was “government-approved” for purposes of complying with Obamacare’s individual mandate.

The IRS will receive massive new amounts of personal health information from virtually all Americans. The agency’s ability to manage the health records it already receives has come under scrutiny.

An unnamed healthcare provider in California is suing the IRS and 15 unnamed agents alleging that they improperly seized some 60 million medical records of 10 million Americans including medical records of all California state judges on March 11, 2011.

Of course, these allegations raise concerns about the IRS’s competence to manage the confidential health details of millions of American citizens.

Also, the ACA has at least 500 provisions and more than 40 amend or add provisions to the tax code. This will require hundreds of additional IRS agents and thousands of taxpayers' dollars.

You see the problem...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1033791 Dec 2, 2013
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you "all for" everyone paying their "fair share?" How about everyone pulls the entitlement wagon? Why should nearly half of the population not pay income tax?
Only in America could the rich pay 86% of all income taxes, then be accused by parasitic slouches that they're not paying their "fair share."
First of all, it isn't the "rich" who are paying 86% of all income taxes. Using 2009 figures as reported by the national Taxpayers Union, the top 1% pays 36.73% of total income taxes which is comparable to the percentage of overall income they represent. The top 25%(those with incomes above $66,193) pay 87.30%. That is not "the rich!.

It really sad fact is that nearly half of the population does not make enough money to pay income tax while the Romney's of the world only pay a 14% income tax rate.

You're damn right the parasitic top 1% are not paying their fair share.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033792 Dec 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
because conservatives are better at thinking up derogatory catchphrases. that and making fun of all the Walmart white folks who had Bushphones would've been a waste of time.
Those darn white folks!

Racists like you Obama hard liners hate them.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033793 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't recall the companies that were increasing salaries. I believe I posted the information before but will look for it again. However, it only makes common sense the salary increases come from the funds the company was using to pay for the employee's insurance.
Now, Darden Restaurants, Sears, IBM, Time Warner and other corporations are putting retirees into private exchanges but they are providing a voucher to buy coverage. Walgreens is doing the exact same thing with ALL of it's employees.
IMO, Lois's posting that her husband would have "No more employer-based insurance after January 2015" isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. It's only a bad thing if his company isn't going to compensate him in some way. A half truth is still a lie.
Some companies will drop employee coverage because ObamaKKKare makes the insurance too expensive...and any "savings" will go toward paying the tax to the government...

...most companies have never provided any additional compensation to employees who did not require the coverage...

...the majority of retirees never have received any medical benefits from their former employers...

you live in a dream world that does not reflect current reality...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033794 Dec 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i need no reply to obtain satisfaction.
Your own immature life entertains you?

Do you think before you die, that someone else will fulfill your needs since you cannot?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033795 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, it isn't the "rich" who are paying 86% of all income taxes. Using 2009 figures as reported by the national Taxpayers Union, the top 1% pays 36.73% of total income taxes which is comparable to the percentage of overall income they represent. The top 25%(those with incomes above $66,193) pay 87.30%. That is not "the rich!.
It really sad fact is that nearly half of the population does not make enough money to pay income tax while the Romney's of the world only pay a 14% income tax rate.
You NAZI types and you Obama are going after a far greater percentage than 1%, you disingenuous moron.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033796 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

anybody who thinks that the exchanges offering "lower costs" and "higher premiums" at the same time is not a contradiction is a fool...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033797 Dec 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>

Annual deficit has gone DOWN under Obama.
BS...

Obama's smallest deficit is larger than Bush's largest deficit...

now, go back to the NAMBLA thread...

Since: Jun 13

Orlando, FL

#1033798 Dec 2, 2013
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Proof we need a single payer system
"More than a thousand care home residents die thirsty"
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/...
Excellent observation. All anyone has to do is visit state-run nursing homes to get an accurate idea of government-run healthcare.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1033799 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
how much do you think they should pay, slavemaster???...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033800 Dec 2, 2013
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Dumfk
Annual deficit has gone DOWN under Obama.
Could you say the same about Bush?
Bush 1?
Reagan?
Rightwingers are such idiots.
Only whine about deficits when a Dem is Pres.
Sorry loser mooch. You have used up your libtard quota of free replies from me.

I can only stand so much stupid from you, liberal sock.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1033802 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray is so f*cking stupid he doesn't get that the wealthy pay so much of the income tax because they earn most of the money & own most of the wealth.
As the rich get richer & claim higher & higher percentages of this country's wealth, Ray is too stupid to get that it is at his expense.
Ray & the right are so duped, they lie & support the idea that there has been a redistribution of wealth towards the wealthy for decades. Ray even likes this.
Ray thinks the wealthy actually earned this & dod not accomplish this through influencing (buying) politicians to alter the tax codes toward their favor.
Ray is a typical dumbass uninformed right whiner.
"real dumb"
You are a typical liberal loon. You hate those are successful. Tell me what expense have you been hit with because some are successful? You should be in hog heaven, they pay Federal Income taxes so moochers like you can keep your hand out. Who adjusted the tax code so nearly 1/2 of American's who have a job do not pay Federal Income taxes?
Peace
KMA

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1033803 Dec 2, 2013
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? I never leave? Sorry dummy, that would be you. I have a productive life. You have nothing else to do, sock.
Yes, I know, everyone is Waxman. You freak jobs are so funny.
Waxman has a life. You do not.
that pedophile belongs in prison. She let 5th graders gave sex in her classroom while she watched.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033804 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The poor live better in this country than the middle class in most of the work, so STFU moron.

You idiots have tried you misguided leech routine, but your leaders are greedy and you end up uckfeyed over there too. The end result is you f*ck up everything, idiot.

Now go slither back into you hole, you poor b*stard. You made your bed. Stop blaming others for your being a loser.

"I" this!

"I" that!

dirtbagger for sure...
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033805 Dec 2, 2013
World, not work. Oops.

Don't want the spelling police with no life after me. Likely the same liberal sock anyways.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1033806 Dec 2, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
Seem quiet on Zimmerman now, Carol also off the topic.
Zimmerman was a nobody until you idiots made it about race. Hows the federal charges coming along?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1033808 Dec 2, 2013
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Signed by Ford, "greatly expanded" under Reagan.
Perhaps you had to be there__perhaps you're a dumfk. Doesn't matter, Reagan claimed it as his own and took tremendous pride in the legislation.
Now run along and learn about tomorrows topic__Reagan's amnesty for illegals.
if carol made that mistake you would call her a liar. You make it and it "doesn't matter". You're such a scumbag.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1033809 Dec 2, 2013
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't recall the companies that were increasing salaries. I believe I posted the information before but will look for it again. However, it only makes common sense the salary increases come from the funds the company was using to pay for the employee's insurance.
Now, Darden Restaurants, Sears, IBM, Time Warner and other corporations are putting retirees into private exchanges but they are providing a voucher to buy coverage. Walgreens is doing the exact same thing with ALL of it's employees.
IMO, Lois's posting that her husband would have "No more employer-based insurance after January 2015" isn't necessarily a bad thing at all. It's only a bad thing if his company isn't going to compensate him in some way. A half truth is still a lie.
"it only makes common sense the salary increases come from the funds the company was using to pay for the employee's insurance. ".

quit practicing being stupid. You got it down!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 min CrunchyBacon 102,442
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 15 min SweLL GirL 8,841
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr 2all 216,510
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr GEORGIA 2,679
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr honeymylove 2,128
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 2 hr PEllen 1,659
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr PEllen 6,399
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages