Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1033381 Dec 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
It looks like you really, really want to answer this question:
Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
I never did get an answer from you on that one.
answer...right wing myths carry no weight. if they did....47% Mitt would be in the WH

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1033382 Dec 2, 2013
LoisLane59 wrote:
<quoted text>
People in most states will end up spending more on the exchanges. In some states, it will be the opposite because they already had over-regulated insurance markets and higher premiums such as New York. But many states will double or nearly triple premiums for young adults. Arizona, Arkansas, Georgia, Kansas and Vermont see some of the largest increases in premiums.
The concern is whether enough healthy people sign up to balance the likely higher costs incurred by the sick and newly covered.
It's always been known the young and healthy will bear the brunt of the costs.
For the individually insured, the average premiums will increase by 99% for men and 62% for women.
Even under the bronze plan, the cheapest health plan Americans can buy as far as paying monthly premiums, the plan pays 60% of medical expenses.
Consumers who think they might be scoring a cheap plan will be in for a shock when they get hit with higher-out-of-pocket costs.
We were all promised lower costs. Weren't we?
Lower costs for equivalent policies are available in the exchanges if you were buying as an individual or as a small business.

Not everyone is as ignorant as you are. People can actually read & understand what deductible & copays are.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1033383 Dec 2, 2013
Wattles are frequently organs of sexual dimorphism. In some birds, caruncles are erectile tissue and may or may not have a feather covering.

There is a breed of domestic pig known as the red wattle.(sounds like Rush)
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1033384 Dec 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see... I wonder if there's a fool here. I know. How about a stupidity test.
Sign on a vending machine outside the Oval Office:
TEST YOUR STUPIDITY
Insert $100
Or, let's just see if you finally can answer this question:
Where will the money come from to pay for Obama's government?
You have never been able to answer that question. You do know that money doesn't grow on trees, right?
it grew on trees when Bush was in office, so i think you might be wrong.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1033385 Dec 2, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
DB is pushing far right myths.
a superior idiot? that finds his BS at sites that are so far to the right that even Rush can't tell if they're real?
It really, really, really, really sounds like you want to answer this question:

Why did Obama lie for two weeks covering up the Al Qaeda attack on the United States in Benghazi?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1033386 Dec 2, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Texans hates woman as much as Liberals/Democrats Hates America….Right!!
lol! And yet, it's texass that wants to secede!

Seems texass hates women AND America son!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1033387 Dec 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, this comes to mind:
Like Saul Alinsky commanded, the truth is relative. There is no fixed truth.
Do you actually pretend to believe what comes out of your mouth?
And it was so good, cons had to improve on it!

Amazing what you people take away from others son!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#1033388 Dec 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, occasionally I converse with idiots...
You forot to back your bullshit up with some exampes of how the actual liberals who have been labelled "conservative" by radical conservatives with a medieval mentality who ludicrously call themselves "liberal" desire to change the Constitution.
Let' see...
Three co-equal branches of government.(Democrats don't like this.)
Only Congress can write laws.(Democrats don't like this.)
Only the House of Representatives can write a revenue bill.(Democrats don't like this.)
You can speak your mind, exercise your chosen religion, and assemble with whomever you choose without fear of government retribution.(Democrats don't like this.)
You can defend yourself and your individual rights.(Democrats don't like this.)
You don't have to fear the government spying on you.(Democrats don't like this.)
You can acquire property and can only be taken by due process of law.(Democrats don't like this.)
So, what event can you cite to argue against this?
Let's not forget "choice" (Democrats don't like this unless abortion is one of the choices).
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1033389 Dec 2, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Beats me!
Maybe because Democrats are so ugly?
This should help you, son.
http://uglydemocrats.com/
lol! I'm sure you got your many times son!
WOW

Bronx, NY

#1033390 Dec 2, 2013
The poor finding it harder to be thankful
Will Wright
ANALYSIS - Below the surface of the holiday benevolence is a battle waged by those committed to feeding the poor year-round versus those who would rather see the poor just disappear, just like obama disapperaed OWS obama dont like poor people thats why his website didnt work dreams of his KENYAN FATHER
georgie porgie

Denver, CO

#1033391 Dec 2, 2013
#t=52

Hitlers insuance policy cancelled

very funny
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1033392 Dec 2, 2013
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Grey Ghost, speaking of lost!
By the way, how did you get from Seattle to San Francisco and then to Hawaii so fast, sockpuppet?
Here you are 7 hours ago posting from Seattle, then San Francisco.
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK ...
http://www.topix.com/forum/chicago/TI79GCO8VK ...
Got that HidemyAss VPN fired up & gettin' yer "Mo Money's" worth, eh?
It was magic son! Magic!

lol! I love this comedy channel!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1033393 Dec 2, 2013
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, occasionally I converse with idiots...
You forot to back your bullshit up with some exampes of how the actual liberals who have been labelled "conservative" by radical conservatives with a medieval mentality who ludicrously call themselves "liberal" desire to change the Constitution.
Let' see...
Three co-equal branches of government.(Democrats don't like this. Obama writes his own laws, i.e. changes ObamaKare to suit his political whim.)
Only Congress can write laws.(Democrats don't like this.)
Only the House of Representatives can write a revenue bill.(Democrats don't like this. Obama writes his own laws, i.e. changes ObamaKare to suit his political whim.)
You can speak your mind, exercise your chosen religion, and assemble with whomever you choose without fear of government retribution.(Democrats don't like this. Democrats want to prosecute Tuffy Gessling. Obama forbids Christians from speaking about Christianity within the military, while at the same time encourages muslims to pray in the Pentagon. Obama uses the IRS to target opposing political associations.)
You can defend yourself and your individual rights.(Democrats don't like this. Democrats want to disarm what the Democrats call the biggest threat to Americans, the average American.)
You don't have to fear the government spying on you.(Democrats don't like this.)
You can acquire property and can only be taken by due process of law.(Democrats don't like this. ObamaKare gives the IRS the authority to arbitrarily confiscate private property without due process of law.)
So, what event can you cite to argue against this?
lol! Now you're lying son.

You must REALLY be getting desperate!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1033395 Dec 2, 2013
This is government efficiency at its Best!! Man receives Obamacare quote 62 days after first attempt!! But after waiting for almost two months under Obamacare his monthly premium jump 52%, I’ll bet his Heart Rate skyrocketed like the cost of Obamacare coverage!!
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1033396 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
There was no cover up.
No lie
Just a pack of whiney little girls.
How is the weather on the Moon?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1033397 Dec 2, 2013
Hey dummies and normal people. What's the latest?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1033398 Dec 2, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Tea Party supports subsidies to farmers including over 20 Republican members of Congress who received farm subsidies.
But hey when it comes to poor people the Tea Party says :"F*ck those lazy worthless scum."
We knowhow much Dumbwaiter loves corp[orate subsidies, his salary is subsidized by tax payers & he loves that.
Farm subsidies... wasn't that a Roosevelt idea?

Speaking of subsidies, have you found any proof any subsidies to oil companies exist?

Don't want to be poor? Do these things:
1) Don't drop out of school.
2) Study while you're in school.
3) Don't have children before you're married.
4) Get a job and show up for work every day on time.
5) Do what you're paid to do while you're at work.
... I think I'll add another one...
6) Don't hang out with the scum you're used to hanging out with and get sent to prison.

Do this and you'll never be what you ludicrously call "poor".

Get a job. If you can't find a job, there are 30+ million illegal aliens here. Take one of those jobs. Work or starve.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

Newington, CT

#1033399 Dec 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>It was magic son! Magic!
lol! I love this comedy channel!
It's no wonder.

You are the main character, clown.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1033400 Dec 2, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And it was so good, cons had to improve on it!
Amazing what you people take away from others son!
Again, this comes to mind:
Like Saul Alinsky commanded, the truth is relative. There is no fixed truth.
Do you actually pretend to believe what comes out of your mouth?
Louise

United States

#1033401 Dec 2, 2013
The Supreme Court announced Tuesday that it would hear two cases challenging the health care law's birth control mandate on religious grounds, Hobby Lobby Stores, Inc. v. Sebelius and Conestoga Wood Specialties Corp. v. Sebelius. Those cases are slated to be heard next spring.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min Guru 187,759
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 58 min TRD 69,782
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr mdbuilder 52,996
abby may 3-15 3 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 5 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr Doug77 5,946
Word (Dec '08) 6 hr _Zoey_ 5,210
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]