Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1564445 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1033982 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to favor Putin and Russia!
speaking of....with their new found hatred of religion they'd fit right in.

seems that anyone who speaks the truth gets a Limbaugh lesson on hate. even the Pope.
TSM

United States

#1033983 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the prosecutor gave Z a pass.
and nowhere in the trial transcript will you find right wing lies. you would need to be an disciple of the church of leap of faith reasoning to believe your BS. but seeing how you seem to be the leader of that movement....
The prosecutors were Z best defense, like of evidence!! Johnny saidí if the Evidence Doesn't Fit You Must Acquit!!
FilterThis

Satellite Beach, FL

#1033984 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Tissues for the Tea Partyís Issues
The tea party is having an increasingly difficult time coping with reality and we already crossed the hyperbole threshold the day Ted Cruz opened his Cuban anarchist mouth. Obamacare is like rape? Really? Do they have any idea how offensive this is coming from a party of rape enthusiasts? No, probably not. They donít think over-the-top racism is offensive either.
Hell. They donít even think there is any racism. Rosa Parks destroyed it like a black Beowulf rising from the mists of Montgomery, Alabama.
Oh, thatís right. These signs must be imaginary. There is no racism, is there? What was I thinking, letting reality intrude on fantasy?
Obamacare is working, and more unpopular than ever, less relevant than ever, under attack by so-called establishment Republicans including the Chamber of Commerce (not just locally but nationally), the tea party is lashing out with ever more nonsensical attacks at everyone and everything around them.
Itís a good time. Buy popcorn. Relax and enjoy.
....Oh, and speaking of low expectations, Rick Santorum isnít happy that Republicans are signing up for Obamacare. Apparently, theyíre old and sickÖand you know, icky. But Mr. Santorum has not thought this through (I know, a shock): The older people he is upset about, after all, represent the GOPís base.
How dare they want to live on his dime!
Things are falling apart all around them; their fantasies are disintegrating for all to see and the result is that as they become more desperate for their fantasies to be true they become more strident, as eager to convince themselves as us.
Itís a truly sad spectacle but a not unentertaining one. As we go forward to 2014, and then 2016, and as Obamacare takes hold and becomes almost commonplace, the spectacle is sure to become even more outrageous as heads begin to explode like overripe tomatoes.
The tea party is the intersection of cognitive dissonance and reality. Itís certain to become a reality show. Oh wait Ė it already is. But never mind, tea party, we awful liberals have some issues for your tissues. Hang in there while we dry our eyes from tears of laughter.
http://www.politicususa.com/2013/12/03/tissue...
Tissues for the collapse of the lying Obama presidency, please. LOL

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1033985 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have one.
why would the GOP decide on the day of Obama's inauguration that they were going to do everything they could to destroy Obama even before they knew if he was going to be any good at it?
because he's black.
so i don't think they've improved. thanks to conservatives it's gotten worse.
I have one: why would O'bama on the night of his Presidential bid, in Grant Park, state that he was going to fundamentally change America. Why did he whisper to Moochie, his beard: We got them.?.?

Prevented this

#1033986 Dec 3, 2013
LCNLin wrote:
<quoted text>
They seem to favor Putin and Russia!
President Putin is a statesman...O'bama doesn't have a clue. I wonder did O'bama know North Korea was restarting their nuclear--I suppose he read it in the paper. If anyone wants to Nuke the U.S., now would be the time. The United States has a community agitator in office, more worried about stealing from the American people than protecting them.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1033987 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
The tea party is having an increasingly difficult time coping with reality and we already crossed the hyperbole threshold the day Ted Cruz opened his Cuban anarchist mouth. Obamacare is like rape? Really? Do they have any idea how offensive this is coming from a party of rape enthusiasts? No, probably not. They donít think over-the-top racism is offensive either.
Hell. They donít even think there is any racism. Rosa Parks destroyed it like a black Beowulf rising from the mists of Montgomery, Alabama.
Oh, thatís right. These signs must be imaginary. There is no racism, is there? What was I thinking, letting reality intrude on fantasy?
Obamacare is working, and more unpopular than ever, less relevant than ever, under attack by so-called establishment Republicans including the Chamber of Commerce (not just locally but nationally), the tea party is lashing out with ever more nonsensical attacks at everyone and everything around them.
....Oh, and speaking of low expectations, Rick Santorum isnít happy that Republicans are signing up for Obamacare. Apparently, theyíre old and sickÖand you know, icky. But Mr. Santorum has not thought this through (I know, a shock): The older people he is upset about, after all, represent the GOPís base.
Things are falling apart all around them; their fantasies are disintegrating for all to see and the result is that as they become more desperate for their fantasies to be true they become more strident, as eager to convince themselves as us.
Itís a truly sad spectacle but a not unentertaining one. As we go forward to 2014, and then 2016, and as Obamacare takes hold and becomes almost commonplace, the spectacle is sure to become even more outrageous as heads begin to explode like overripe tomatoes.
The tea party is the intersection of cognitive dissonance and reality. Itís certain to become a reality show. Oh wait Ė it already is. But never mind, tea party, we awful liberals have some issues for your tissues. Hang in there while we dry our eyes from tears of laughter.
You fascist Nazi's still desperately demonize regular folks.

Why do you and other leftist extremists do this?

Simple answer. You fear the regular folks because the appeal to moderates and other regular folk.

Your extremist party will do anything to suppress them, including abusing government power as Obama has with the IRS.

Too bad for you, they will not be gone in 2014 & 2016.
LCNLin

United States

#1033988 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
Wixie's sock puppets all lined up this morning?

Prevented this

#1033989 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
seems that anyone who speaks the truth gets a Limbaugh lesson on hate. even the Pope.
Why don't you speak out against Marxism? why? because liberals love Marxism and Communism--go get your finger puppet of communist mass murderer Che Guevara. I hear the communist web site you post from it selling them out to you liberals.
LCNLin

United States

#1033990 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Normal Republicans seem off the thread leaving the tea people who defeated Romney

Since: May 11

Newville, PA

#1033991 Dec 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>I have one: why would O'bama on the night of his Presidential bid, in Grant Park, state that he was going to fundamentally change America. Why did he whisper to Moochie, his beard: We got them.?.?
Gee I don't know. Maybe because we just saw the Corporate World & Wall Street greed nearly kill America?

What do ya think?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1033992 Dec 3, 2013
FilterThis wrote:
<quoted text> Tissues for the collapse of the lying Obama presidency, please. LOL
he's leaving the WH?

don't think so.

big collapse eh?

Newville, PA

#1033993 Dec 3, 2013
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>President Putin is a statesman...O'bama doesn't have a clue. I wonder did O'bama know North Korea was restarting their nuclear--I suppose he read it in the paper. If anyone wants to Nuke the U.S., now would be the time. The United States has a community agitator in office, more worried about stealing from the American people than protecting them.
Wow Wretch. Like North Korea has ever eer done that before.

You people are dumber than sh*t if you don't know that NK periodically does this so the US will negotiate with them.
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1033994 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have one.
why would the GOP decide on the day of Obama's inauguration that they were going to do everything they could to destroy Obama even before they knew if he was going to be any good at it?
because he's black.
because he is an empty suit who had no experience and would not have been elected had he not been half black.

But the only demonstrated campaign to destroy a President was visible over and over by the liberal media against Bush.
FilterThis

Satellite Beach, FL

#1033995 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
he's leaving the WH?
don't think so.
big collapse eh?
Yes

No

Yes
Laney F

Jamaica, NY

#1033996 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Gee I don't know. Maybe because we just saw the Corporate World & Wall Street greed nearly kill America?
What do ya think?
Corporations and Wall Street didn't back Obammy?

We thought the unintended consequences of stupid lib ideas was what nearly killed America, and the continued lack of a plan by Dems --combined with ObammyCare -- is holding back a real recovery and keeping true unemployment closer to the rate in Spain than when Bush was president.

Prevented this

#1033997 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What do ya think?
greedy Americans buying houses they couldn't afford--whose fault was that? Why is 85 billion being pumped into Wall Street now?
What do you think?

Newville, PA

#1033999 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
i have one.
because he's black.
The Republicans had two choices.

1) Helpin the effort for this country to recover knowing that the better the recovery, the worse their chances i 2012.

2) Fight every White House effort to help ths country recover figuring the slower & more difficut the recovery, the better their chances in 2012.

The Republican Party said " F*ck the United States of America" & went with option 2.
Realtime

Cape Canaveral, FL

#1034000 Dec 3, 2013
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
The prosecutors were Z best defense, like of evidence!! Johnny saidí if the Evidence Doesn't Fit You Must Acquit!!
Turns out that your hero would have been better off with a public defender and a quick plea to a lesser charge, he'd probably be out of the slammer already.

Instead he owes his pro bono attorney and legal staff nearly $2.5 million and the much touted defamation suit against NBC is going exactly nowhere.

And all those donations? Well, the slick attorney bought the building next to his office, turned it into ground central for the Zimmerman defense and used the donation money to pay rent to himself.

Hah__ROFLMAO
LCNLin

United States

#1034001 Dec 3, 2013
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Republicans had two choices.
1) Helpin the effort for this country to recover knowing that the better the recovery, the worse their chances i 2012.
2) Fight every White House effort to help ths country recover figuring the slower & more difficut the recovery, the better their chances in 2012.
The Republican Party said " F*ck the United States of America" & went with option 2.
Option 3 was to hold their collective breath and follow talk show clowns

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1034002 Dec 3, 2013
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
the prosecutor gave Z a pass.
and nowhere in the trial transcript will you find right wing lies. you would need to be an disciple of the church of leap of faith reasoning to believe your BS. but seeing how you seem to be the leader of that movement....
Really? On what planet? I recall, here on planet Earth, the prosecution calling multiple witnesses to testify, and the jury decided they were lying. I also recall the closing arguments of the prosecution where they described Zimmerman as something like a serial killer. I also recall the goddam judge violating the Constitution and unconstitutionally forcing Zimmerman to make statements. I also recall the judge just walking out of the courtroom when the defense was arguing against the judges unconstitutional actions.

I recall the judge attempting to orchestrate a conviction, and storming out of the courtroom like a spoiled child when it didn't happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 242,251
Review; Festa Italiana 4 hr Fest man 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr They cannot kill ... 11,015
Rahm Emmanuel fake mafia boss 6 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
Spanx-they're for me. 11 hr test 6
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 12 hr Blame muslims 9
WHO'D have thunk it? 12 hr Art Vandalay 8

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages